Kevin Nesbit transfer to Millwall

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Kevin Nesbit transfer to Millwall

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Hibernian Football Club have agreed on an improved bid from Millwall for the services of their star forward Kevin Nesbit, believed to be around 1.5 million pounds with additional add-ons which could jump to 2.5 million on a performance based agreement.
Celtic were rumoured to have shown a genuine interest but were reported to have been concerned about injury issues that the player has received over the last couple of seasons. Personally I would have liked Celtic to sign him as he has a keen eye for scoring goals but Ange decided against making a move.
Wish him all the best, I'm sure we will be kept up to date from GIAE regarding his progress.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Kevin Nesbit transfer to Millwall

Correction folks- Kevin Nisbet. Too lazy to repost with correct spelling- me bad! :oops:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

According to my source.

Got a good eye for goal and is a steal at that price but apparently supports celtic.

Hopefully, he copes well with the step up.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:01 am According to my source.

Got a good eye for goal and is a steal at that price but apparently supports celtic.

Good move for him, he will handle it well playing for a lesser club(in comparison to Celtic)if they give the bhoy a chance- supporting Celtic will be his biggest obstacle playing for you lot. :roll:
He will be well aware he could get it tough if he doesn't hit the ground running but I think that shows he has a strong mentality. Millwall can expect to get a great return for their money if he can avoid injury.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:51 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:01 am According to my source.

Good move for him, he will handle it well playing for a lesser club(in comparison to Celtic)if they give the bhoy a chance- supporting Celtic will be his biggest obstacle playing for you lot. :roll:
He will be well aware he could get it tough if he doesn't hit the ground running but I think that shows he has a strong mentality. Millwall can expect to get a great return for their money if he can avoid injury.

I don't think any Millwall supporter will care what team he supports as long as he does the business. If he doesn't (or more importantly, if he's lazy) he will be quickly encouraged to return back to scotland.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Sources are now saying the deal is off. He failed
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:17 pm Celtic were rumoured to have shown a genuine interest but were reported to have been concerned about injury issues
Sources are now saying he failed the medical and the deal is off.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:49 pm Sources are now saying the deal is off. He failed
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:17 pm Celtic were rumoured to have shown a genuine interest but were reported to have been concerned about injury issues
Correct that the deal is off- wrong about the reason. Nice that you deleted your previous post saying 'he failed'.

The player didn't fail a medical, Millwall failed to sign him as he was not convinced it was the right move for him.

Hope that this doesn't make it any worse for you that he is a Celtic man. ;-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:06 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:49 pm Sources are now saying the deal is off. He failed
Correct that the deal is off- wrong about the reason. Nice that you deleted your previous post saying 'he failed'.

The player didn't fail a medical, Millwall failed to sign him as he was not convinced it was the right move for him.

He could have heard GIAE is a huge fan, and he just couldn't put up with that constant whinging. ;-)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:06 pm

His agents are hardly likely to say he's failed a medical so he's staying at hibs for now.

I don't remember deleting any posts.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Perhaps cloak and dagger (failing medical or not) but I would highly doubt it. Things like this are usually transparent as was the case with David Turnbull- initial transfer from Motherwell to Celtic was put on hold until he passed a thorough medical at a later date (about a season or so later).

You didn't delete any posts as I had suggested- I overlooked your original comment. It would be nice if you deleted it though (about him failing) as you don't know the facts.

Regarding his fitness- if he stays at Hibs there may be an issue. If he goes elsewhere we certainly know that he didn't fail a medical at Millwall.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pm Perhaps cloak and dagger (failing medical or not) but I would highly doubt it. Things like this are usually transparent as was the case with David Turnbull- initial transfer from Motherwell to Celtic was put on hold until he passed a thorough medical at a later date (about a season or so later).

You didn't delete any posts as I had suggested- I overlooked your original comment. It would be nice if you deleted it though (about him failing) as you don't know the facts.

Regarding his fitness- if he stays at Hibs there may be an issue. If he goes elsewhere we certainly know that he didn't fail a medical at Millwall.
I said "sources are now saying". Different clubs have different requirements and are prepared to take different risks.

We may never know the truth.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pmYou didn't delete any posts as I had suggested- I overlooked your original comment. It would be nice if you deleted it though (about him failing) as you don't know the facts.
:lol: at least Hawkesy got his bloody name right ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:59 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:03 pmYou didn't delete any posts as I had suggested- I overlooked your original comment. It would be nice if you deleted it though (about him failing) as you don't know the facts.
:lol: at least Hawkesy got his bloody name right ;-)
Yes, though I did correct myself (see second post). Even so, GIAE 1 Me 0 ;-) Funny that I slipped up with a Scottish surname- been away too long! :-)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Kind of has a foot in both camps here it seems

Hibs manager Lee Johnson suggests the collapse of Kevin Nisbet's transfer to Millwall is "bittersweet".

"Sometimes it happens in football - the player doesn't get the vibe for a club or it can't be worked out for whatever reason," he tells BBC Scotland

"The reason he is on the bench is because he hasn't trained all week as he had a bit of a knee nudge last week, a dead leg."

Asked if it was the injury that caused the problem with the move to London, Johnson replies: "There's obviously going to be a deficiency in muscle strength based on a return to play, but he's fit, he's mobile, he's strong and he's scoring goals

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Came off injured for Hibs this morning.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:21 am Came off injured for Hibs this morning.
Dodged a bullet there. ;-)
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:33 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:21 am Came off injured for Hibs this morning.
Dodged a bullet there. ;-)
The jury's still out and time will tell. Are we saying that he must be stuffed because he came off with an injury- happens to players every week. If he was that poor fitness wise he would not have started.
Whatever happens I wish him the best for the future, do not wish any player to cut their career short due to an injury, regardless of what team he plays for(or supports).

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Kevin Nisbet has finalised a 2m(UK Pounds) transfer to Millwall from Scottish club Hibernian..

GIAE claimed he had failed a medical a few months back- no operation and no long term time spent on the side-lines since, he has now signed for them. This proves that the medical was not the issue, unless they are happy to part with decent coin for a player with a dodgy leg.

Recent reports suggest that the original fee offered was not high enough and a deal could not be struck.

So Nisbet never failed the original medical, Millwall failed to pay the original asking price. This makes perfect sense.

You (GIAE) can thank me privately or just post it here for all to see. ;-)

Miyuki
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Miyuki »

He'd like to thank Hibs.
As always deadlines to meet.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:15 pm Kevin Nisbet has finalised a 2m(UK Pounds) transfer to Millwall from Scottish club Hibernian..

GIAE claimed he had failed a medical a few months back- no operation and no long term time spent on the side-lines since, he has now signed for them. This proves that the medical was not the issue, unless they are happy to part with decent coin for a player with a dodgy leg.

Recent reports suggest that the original fee offered was not high enough and a deal could not be struck.

So Nisbet never failed the original medical, Millwall failed to pay the original asking price. This makes perfect sense.

What happened the first game back at Hib after the failed transfer?

I'll give you a clue, rearrange these words.

He carried was injured on stretcher a injured off. QED

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:36 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:15 pm Kevin Nisbet has finalised a 2m(UK Pounds) transfer to Millwall from Scottish club Hibernian..

What happened the first game back at Hib after the failed transfer?

I'll give you a clue, rearrange these words.

He carried was injured on stretcher a injured off. QED
I'm not the one that needs to search for a clue. I think you are just lacking one!

Don't you just love when the student pretends to be the teacher.

For my own amusement (and most likely others with the exception of yourself) I have been trying to solve your conundrum and it just doesn't make any sense. Please feel free to solve your own little puzzle! :oops: Please refrain from cheating by adding or taking away letters, words, commas, etc. Big clue for you- you are NOT allowed to drop the word 'injured'. This should be fun.

Your silly game apart, Nisbet was substituted off after 22 minutes following a twinge in his hamstring during a 1-1 draw with Ross County away on the evening of Tuesday 31st January. He was pictured WALKING off the field with a member of the Hibs' medical team with NOT A STRETCHER IN SIGHT!

It would appear that your sources are wrong again.

Also another fact- Nisbet's first game back following the failed transfer to Millwall (Tuesday 24th Jan. or thereabouts) was NOT the game in which he picked up his injury. He scored his side's fourth goal in a 6-0 thumping of Aberdeen on Saturday 28th January, a mere four days after the failed transfer.
Pretty certain he wasn't carried off on a stretcher that game either.

A big fat QED to you.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Good to see that you agree he was injured just after he failed a medical. Some might say that the medical team saw an issue and that's why they didn't sign him.

Some may even take the words of the Hibs manager taljing about the instability in his knee as a sign that there was an issue as well.

Some may say that those 6 months have shown more stability in the knee as he builds strength and now he passed the medical.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:24 am Good to see that you agree he was injured just after he failed a medical. Some might say that the medical team saw an issue and that's why they didn't sign him.

Some may even take the words of the Hibs manager taljing about the instability in his knee as a sign that there was an issue as well.

Some may say that those 6 months have shown more stability in the knee as he builds strength and now he passed the medical.
Others might just say dilligaf :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:24 am Good to see that you agree he was injured just after he failed a medical. Some might say that the medical team saw an issue and that's why they didn't sign him.

You never fail to entertain us with 'facts' that are anything but true. When you blatantly get it wrong. ie. Nisbet was carried off
on a stretcher the following game after the failed transfer, you cannot admit you got it wrong (not once but twice).

Also, have you solved your own nine word conundrum? When you do let me know as I just love being educated. ;-)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:42 am

You never fail to entertain us with 'facts' that are anything but true. When you blatantly get it wrong. ie. Nisbet was carried off
on a stretcher the following game after the failed transfer, you cannot admit you got it wrong (not once but twice).

Also, have you solved your own nine word conundrum? When you do let me know as I just love being educated. ;-)

I don't need to solve it, I wrote it.

It wasn't the next game but it was the next game he started.

He may not have been stretchered off but he did go off injured.

Did his manager admit there was an issue with the stability of the knee?