Celtic Manager Vacancy

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Celtic Manager Vacancy

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Going by numerous reports Celtic could be close to offering Brendan Rodgers the job with Scott Brown as his sidekick.

This would not sit well with me as I would see it as a bittersweet Appointment, I would have had Martin O'Neill back but I suppose at his age he doesn't want the pressure of the Glasgow fishbowl and the intensity that goes with it. The return of Scott Brown would make me a little happier as I think he will prove to be a leader and a decent manager if given time.

Not for one second do I believe Rodgers isn't capable domestically, I just think the timing and the way he disrespected the Club showed his true colours.

If he returns watch all the daydream believers jumping on the glory bandwagon, that is of course if they take care of Rangers. Then there is the challenge of the CL, wouldn't expect much there. They could have a run in one of the lower ranked competition but I wouldn't hold my breath.

No matter who gets the job they will try and manoeuvre a move to the EPL, just like Beale over at Ibrox is presently doing.

Until Celtic and Rangers join a bigger League this is fact. Plus the Scottish weather isn't too attractive either- some say it is the mirror image of the football. ;-)

zzz
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Celtic Manager Vacancy

Post by zzz »

its professional football ffs deal with it

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

zzz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:04 pm its professional football ffs deal with it
And there's only two teams in the effin' league.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:18 pm
zzz wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:04 pm its professional football ffs deal with it
And there's only two teams in the effin' league.
Not sure about that, the last time I looked there was only one, just like the EPL! :lol:

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:03 pm Going by numerous reports Celtic could be close to offering Brendan Rodgers the job with Scott Brown as his sidekick.

This would not sit well with me as I would see it as a bittersweet Appointment, I would have had Martin O'Neill back but I suppose at his age he doesn't want the pressure of the Glasgow fishbowl and the intensity that goes with it. The return of Scott Brown would make me a little happier as I think he will prove to be a leader and a decent manager if given time.

Not for one second do I believe Rodgers isn't capable domestically, I just think the timing and the way he disrespected the Club showed his true colours.

If he returns watch all the daydream believers jumping on the glory bandwagon, that is of course if they take care of Rangers. Then there is the challenge of the CL, wouldn't expect much there. They could have a run in one of the lower ranked competition but I wouldn't hold my breath.

No matter who gets the job they will try and manoeuvre a move to the EPL, just like Beale over at Ibrox is presently doing.

Until Celtic and Rangers join a bigger League this is fact. Plus the Scottish weather isn't too attractive either- some say it is the mirror image of the football. ;-)
i like scottish football and it could become a bigger league if scottish business gets behind it more, no yankee owners please, sadly it is more MANLY than the english leagues and therefore worth watching BUT, the sooner they get rid of the sectarian cabernet the better, :roll: