Ashes 2023

This forum is for discussion of other sports.

Moderators: Randoman, Ernie Cooksey, Forum Admins

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Ashes 2023

Post by Cooper »

Bomber wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:59 am One thing that is 100% clear. england have retained the whingeing ashes, yet again. Throw in numerous hypocrisy awards as well.
Its the only 100% clear outcome from all of this.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Bomber wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:59 am One thing that is 100% clear. england have retained the whingeing ashes, yet again. Throw in numerous hypocrisy awards as well.
In the Whingeing Ashes GIAE would be captain, lead-up bowler and opening bat. ;-)

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Poms - 0
Ozzies - 2

What an embarassment, for the POMS, losing 2-0 at home...
:lol:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Michael wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:26 am Poms - 0
Ozzies - 2

In fairness, it's not over yet. But a handy lead nonetheless. ;-)
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Bomber wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:23 am
Michael wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:26 am Poms - 0
Ozzies - 2

In fairness, it's not over yet. But a handy lead nonetheless. ;-)

hence why I said, losing... not lost!
;-)
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

if only the POMS knew when to shut up......this is now getting embarrassing...
In the interview Bairstow is quizzed post-match about a cheeky stumping when playing for Yorkshire, as he held the ball just behind the stumps after a delivery and waited for the batsman to ever so slightly lift back his foot from behind the crease before whipping off the bails.

Not only did the wicketkeeper take great delight in the wicket, he admitted he copied the practice from English gloveman Matt Prior who ... wait for it ... did the exact same act at Lord’s – the home of cricket.
https://fb.watch/lAwck6qgAm/
Last edited by MegaBonus on Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

if only the POMS knew when to shut up......this is now getting embarrassing for them & Hawksey... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
In the interview Bairstow is quizzed post-match about a cheeky stumping when playing for Yorkshire, as he held the ball just behind the stumps after a delivery and waited for the batsman to ever so slightly lift back his foot from behind the crease before whipping off the bails.

Not only did the wicketkeeper take great delight in the wicket, he admitted he copied the practice from English gloveman Matt Prior who ... wait for it ... did the exact same act at Lord’s – the home of cricket.
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

he hung on top the ball a lot longer than carey . and the batter wasnt trying to make a run . they keep digging deeper and deeper holes
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across

Animosity
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Animosity »

I am close friends with TH & he has never been one to make things up. The Poms have done a great job deflecting their poor performance thus far with this complaining though

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

Just Dave now wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:20 am he hung on top the ball a lot longer than carey . and the batter wasnt trying to make a run . they keep digging deeper and deeper holes

Did he leave the crease thinking it was over or did he lift his back foot after playing a shot?

Did he return back to his crease and then move out?

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Animosity wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:48 am I am close friends with TH & he has never been one to make things up. The Poms have done a great job deflecting their poor performance thus far with this complaining though

I know members of his family.

Doesn't change the fact that I don't believe an Englishman would say "Bloody Oath".

I also don't believe it matters anyway. There are many reasons why Bairstow might say he would do but he didn't.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:01 am if only the POMS knew when to shut up......this is now getting embarrassing for them & Hawksey... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I think you posted the wrong video. This one doesn't seem to show him taking the bails off to a bloke leaving his crease to do some gardening when thinking it was over after already returning to the crease.

This one actually shows a bloke lifting his foot after playing a shot.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

^^^^^^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Spirit of the game. Poms Full of Shit.

https://youtu.be/3_Y4th4AOLQ

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:24 pm Spirit of the game. Poms Full of Shit.

Are the aussies still whingeing about this?

It appears England have moved on, pity the aussies can't.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

MegaBonus wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:23 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^^

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

Not my fault that you don't like the facts.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

Keep going, it's funny watching you fail.

What's your opinion on Starc's non catch?

How's this for a deal.

You provide a video showing Bairstow trying to stump someone who is in his crease and then leaves to do some "gardening" and I will post that you were right and leave FN.

If you can't then you post "GIAE was right" and leave.

I'll give you 24 hours. 2pm - 6 July 2023.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

eagleboy wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:24 pm Spirit of the game. Poms Full of Shit.

Brilliant, well said
:clap:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:46 pm

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

How's this for a deal.

You provide a video showing Bairstow trying to stump someone who is in his crease and then leaves to do some "gardening" and I will post that you were right and leave FN.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

God is an Englishman wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:55 pm
MegaBonus wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:14 pm surley the below has to be the last word on this.....it probably explains why Bairstow has remained quiet because to go public with his whinging would only make him a hypocrite....
Yet speaking on LiSNTR’s Willow Talk podcast, Head revealed that he’d had a quiet word to Bairstow while awaiting the third umpire’s verdict on the incident.

“Jonny wasn’t too pleased,” Head said. “And I sort of reminded Jonny last week I walked out of my crease at the end of an over.

“I quickly whipped my bat back and questioned Jonny on whether he would take the stumps and he said, ‘Bloody oath I would’, and ran off.”
enough said.....

"Bloody oath" - :lol:

What Englishman would say that? Right there is why I call Barossa Pearl.
No Englishman this side of the 18th century that’s for sure, maybe he was playing at the game bloodypassit was at ?

Has Head had a banter bypass, what did he expect him to retort “Oh no old boy in the spirit of cricket……blah blah blah” or like a normal person….. “fck yeah”. Stokes bowls a bouncer at Head and he says “Bloody oath are you trying to take my head off” and Stokes responds “bloody oath” (sic) would Head actually believe Stokes was trying to decapitate him.

N5 1BH
Star Player
Star Player

Post by N5 1BH »

Bairstow accepted the umpires call, walked off, shook hands with all the Australian players at the end and hasn’t said a word since but somehow he’s a whinging hypocrite because he didn’t smile when given out ???? Bairstow is guilty of nothing more than forgetting the first rule of test cricket; Australians always were w@nkers and likely always will be w@nkers. It is curious how the aussies could be so pig ignorant about the very basic catching law but be so well informed of the more complex stumping law, almost like they had a bit of help upstairs from Google.

Anyways the facts as I understand them are……The convicts were pooping their little panties at the prospect of defending their huge lead against our two remaining batsmen so contrived to call out on a player they knew absolutely was under the impression the ball was dead (The fear remaining their eyes when Stokes was single handedly ripping them a new muscat was still a joy to behold). Knowing this was controversial they then contrived to play the victim card by grassing up a few old codgers who said some hurty words, and yes actually getting them banned FFS. The race card was also played but withdrawn in light of those very same people calling our own ‘softly spoken muslim’ a cheat only days earlier. The aussies will now proceed to cut off any attempt at sensible conversation with an incessant barrage of totally irrelevant false equivalence giffs posted by cricketing halfwits and cries of “whinger’. Lastly, it has now been proved Stokes is an inspiration to a generation and Cummins is a snide cowardly prick….Is that summation about right ?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:07 pm Bairstow accepted the umpires call, walked off, shook hands with all the Australian players at the end and hasn’t said a word since but somehow he’s a whinging hypocrite because he didn’t smile when given out ???? Bairstow is guilty of nothing more than forgetting the first rule of test cricket; Australians always were w@nkers and likely always will be w@nkers. It is curious how the aussies could be so pig ignorant about the very basic catching law but be so well informed of the more complex stumping law, almost like they had a bit of help upstairs from Google.

Anyways the facts as I understand them are……The convicts were pooping their little panties at the prospect of defending their huge lead against our two remaining batsmen so contrived to call out on a player they knew absolutely was under the impression the ball was dead (The fear remaining their eyes when Stokes was single handedly ripping them a new muscat was still a joy to behold). Knowing this was controversial they then contrived to play the victim card by grassing up a few old codgers who said some hurty words, and yes actually getting them banned FFS. The race card was also played but withdrawn in light of those very same people calling our own ‘softly spoken muslim’ a cheat only days earlier. The aussies will now proceed to cut off any attempt at sensible conversation with an incessant barrage of totally irrelevant false equivalence giffs posted by cricketing halfwits and cries of “whinger’. Lastly, it has now been proved Stokes is an inspiration to a generation and Cummins is a snide cowardly prick….Is that summation about right ?

nope, your sounding like a

Cooper
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Cooper »

N5 1BH wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:07 pm Bairstow accepted the umpires call, walked off, shook hands with all the Australian players at the end and hasn’t said a word since but somehow he’s a whinging hypocrite because he didn’t smile when given out ???? Bairstow is guilty of nothing more than forgetting the first rule of test cricket; Australians always were w@nkers and likely always will be w@nkers. It is curious how the aussies could be so pig ignorant about the very basic catching law but be so well informed of the more complex stumping law, almost like they had a bit of help upstairs from Google.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Not bad. Except for one thing. They have been suspended pending an investigation, not banned.

Unfortunately though, sensible discourse has been removed and this will be called whingeing. However, mention starc not being a cheat and that's perfectly acceptable.

Whinge: noun: anyone who disagrees with an australian.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Michael wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:55 pm

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

How's this for a deal.

Yes offering someone the chance to prove they are right is a whinge.

You aussies are funny. It's amazing there's no actual funny australian comedians. (Lindsay Webb is the exception to thrle rule).

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Post by God is an Englishman » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:12 pm

I have already given my opinion......something along the lines...'technically, he's out'.....mmm where else can this be applied?

How's this for a deal.

I'll give you 24 hours. 2pm - 6 July 2023. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

OMG....you really are a small man....thinking your presence or not on here is a concern of mine....you think too highly of yourself :clown: :clown: :clown:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Problem with "leaving your crease to do some gardening" is that you just can't do it when you feel like it. Otherwise it wasn't out. Rules say he was. The poms continue to whinge.
Ignore this signature

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:42 pm

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

How's this for a deal.

You aussies are funny. It's amazing there's no actual funny australian comedians. (Lindsay Webb is the exception to thrle rule).
what's the saying, when you assume you know me?

Ps, I am not an Aussie, so your whole point is invalid
But, your still a cry baby

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Michael wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:55 pm
God is an Englishman wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:42 pm

waaaaa waaaaa waaaa

How's this for a deal.

what's the saying, when you assume you know me?

Ps, I am not an Aussie, so your whole point is invalid
But, your still a cry baby
You've been here too long then.

If I am a cry baby, what was Glenn McGrath with his comments on Starc's non catch?

If the English were cry babies on that then surely McGrath/Ponting/lots of aussies are cry babies on that incident.

For the record - I have merely replied to people's innacuracies. If the aussies weren't still going on about it, this would have ended on Monday.

Just Dave now
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Just Dave now »

oh the irony , you havent shut up since your mob got caught out with so many hypocrisies . have you collected all those toys tossed from your pram yet ? next ashes tour here we should all buy dummies and politely hand them out to the barmy army
I may not be perfect but I'm still the closest I have ever come across