23 players for Matildas World Cup

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: 23 players for Matildas World Cup

Post by The Bourne Identity »

I don't think anyone expected a 0-4 win.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

The Bourne Identity wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:34 am I don't think anyone expected a 0-4 win.
Great result for the Matildas; Especially considering they played against a team with a biological male!
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Michael wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:18 pm
The Bourne Identity wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:34 am I don't think anyone expected a 0-4 win.
Great result for the Matildas; Especially considering they played against a team with a biological male!
biological female that identifies as transgender.
Last edited by eagleboy on Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've only watched one game, but why is there so much stoppage time in the games?

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

The Bourne Identity wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:39 pm I've only watched one game, but why is there so much stoppage time in the games?
new fifa rule, that as trialed at mens world cup and will be introduced into EPL this year
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Michael wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:02 am
The Bourne Identity wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:39 pm I've only watched one game, but why is there so much stoppage time in the games?
new fifa rule, that as trialed at mens world cup and will be introduced into EPL this year
I like it. It doesn't stop time wasting but does help negate it. I am all full a timer clock like most modern sports have. The discretion of the ref is crap imho.

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Michael wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:02 am
I didn't watch any of the men's world cup. I've only seen results of this one with so many showing 90+10' or minutes.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

eagleboy wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:02 pm
Michael wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:18 pm
biological female that identifies as transgender.
Non binary, so serious question, if you don't identify as a women how can you play at the women's world cup?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

From my understanding biologically they are now female (so legally?) but what they refer themsleves as is

Non-Binary - refers to someone who does not identify as exclusively a man or a woman. Someone who is non-binary might feel like a mix of genders, or like they have no gender at all.

I am not saying any of the above is accurate but what I think.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Great to see the USWT knocked out. The penalty VAR review was unique and mm in it. Glad the cancerous Rapinoe has left the building. The team can re-invent itself and get back to respecting the country, national anthem and flag and playing good soccer like they always have.

Craíc Addict
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Craíc Addict »

Stop swearing.
How much clit could a clit licker lick if a clit licker could lick a clit?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

comment on the tweet. :clap: :clap: :clap:

How about learn to play soccer instead of lecturing the world with your woke mind virus.

https://twitter.com/Texasippigirl1/stat ... 5664092161

Craíc Addict
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Craíc Addict »

There's that s word again.
How much clit could a clit licker lick if a clit licker could lick a clit?

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Seven claimed the highest-rating program of the year last night, with the network saying it reached 6.54 million people on Seven and 7plus.

The average audience during the game was 3.56 million across Australia, as the Matildas scored a 2-0 victory in front of more than 75,000 fans in Sydney to progress to the quarter-finals of the tournament.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

This......Kelly was blocking the cameraman from filming a distressed (she was crying) Nigeria GK post Penalty shootout loss
England hero Chloe Kelly was hailed for apparently telling a cameraman to “f*** off” as she protected Nigeria’s goalkeeper after firing the Lionesses to the World Cup quarters.
cant have it both ways...emotions are emotions and the popularity of the game relies on the accessibility of player and fan emotions...if its OK to show the world how happy you are after a goal/win, then why not your disappointment??? why not show the world what the loss means???

“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

FIFA Women's World Cup
AET
Australia Women 0 France Women 0

Australia Women win 7-6 on penalties
F3U4oSTa4AEGrsz.jpg
F3U4oSTa4AEGrsz.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 92038 times

Tunnel Warfare
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Tunnel Warfare »

I preferred it when they showed the penalties from the side as opposed to from behind the kicker.

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

Tunnel Warfare wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 4:30 am I preferred it when they showed the penalties from the side as opposed to from behind the kicker.
Nah I reckon that angle from behind is fantastic

Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Rookie »

And what a fantastic achievement by the girls, 2 more wins and would be even sweeter to beat England in the

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Rookie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:59 am And what a fantastic achievement by the girls, 2 more wins and would be even sweeter to beat England in the
Highest TV rating again, at this rate they out rate the entire afl ratings, wouldn't that be loverly? :thumbup:
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

This Womens WC will no doubt change the sporting and social landscape of this country and the team deserves all the plaudits they are curring getting and will continue to receive.

while there are so many talking points, I'm curious about your thoughts on whether the general public along with the AFL and NRL would've been so accommodating if it was the men's team?
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:30 pm Great to see the USWT knocked out. The penalty VAR review was unique and mm in it. Glad the cancerous Rapinoe has left the building. The team can re-invent itself and get back to respecting the country, national anthem and flag and playing good soccer like they always have.
BRAVO!
:clap:

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

eagleboy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:55 pm FIFA Women's World Cup
AET
Australia Women 0 France Women 0

Australia Women win 7-6 on penalties

F3U4oSTa4AEGrsz.jpg
Carpenter had a shocker vs France, lets hope she can turn it around.
Fowler, needs to lift also.
Great to see Sam on the pitch and doing well. She should start vs Lioness

I am huge fan of Clare Hunt - what a game, composed and crucial tackles - if only she scored that penalty.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Pity not too many posts on this Soccer forum in probably Australia's most important match (arguably ) ever.

I see more responses on Aussie rules boards. Poor form to a lot of FN posters. :thumbdown:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

eagleboy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:26 pm Pity not too many posts on this Soccer forum in probably Australia's most important match (arguably ) ever.

I see more responses on Aussie rules boards. Poor form to a lot of FN posters. :thumbdown:
I agree- more folks should be on here giving the Matildas their best wishes to reach the final. They have performed very well on the whole and deserve to be there (as do England).

Hoping the Matildas do it in what should be an exciting but tense game- if it goes to penalties both sets of players will require nerves of steel. Strongly fancy the winners of this game to be the World Champions come Sunday evening.
Despite a heavy loss to Japan, Spain have defied the odds by reaching the final given the turmoil within the squad over the last few months. The coaching staff have done wonderfully well turning their fortunes around.

My heart says Australia but my head says England- hope my heart is right. Come on the Matildas- you can do it!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

eagleboy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:26 pm Pity not too many posts on this Soccer forum in probably Australia's most important match (arguably ) ever.

I agree- more folks should be on here giving the Matildas their best wishes to reach the final. They have performed very well on the whole and deserve to be there (as do England).

Hoping the Matildas do it in what should be an exciting but tense game- if it goes to penalties both sets of players will require nerves of steel. Strongly fancy the winners of this game to be the World Champions come Sunday evening.
Despite a heavy loss to Japan, Spain have defied the odds by reaching the final given the turmoil within the squad over the last few months. The coaching staff have done wonderfully well turning their fortunes around.

My heart says Australia but my head says England- hope my heart is right. Come on the Matildas- you can do it!

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Fair point eagleboy. I’ve been ill recently and haven’t been posting but I have been watching all the Matildas games.

Very glad that they’ve gone deep into the Tournament, but feel for our Anzac cousins who have been co-hosting and went out in the first round. Big crowds across the ditch.

Anyhow, here’s hoping the 80,000 Sydney crowd get the 🇦🇺 Australians across the line tonight and into the 🌎 WorldCup Final!

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Con M wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:58 pm

Fair point eagleboy. I’ve been ill recently and haven’t been posting but I have been watching all the Matildas games.

Very glad that they’ve gone deep into the Tournament, but feel for our Anzac cousins who have been co-hosting and went out in the first round. Big crowds across the ditch.

Anyhow, here’s hoping the 80,000 Sydney crowd get the 🇦🇺 Australians across the line tonight and into the 🌎 WorldCup Final!
It's a great sight watching the crowd in Sydney. Great for women's football in this country.

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

What a huge pity.

After Samantha’s great equaliser, Carpenter’s mistake led to 1-2 and curtains. Was Kerr’s missed volley when it was still 1-1?

Congratulations to England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 though - great possession game, especially in the first half.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Con M wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:59 pm What a huge pity.

After Samantha’s great equaliser, Carpenter’s mistake led to 1-2 and curtains. Was Kerr’s missed volley when it was still 1-1?

Congratulations to England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 though - great possession game, especially in the first half.
Still one more match for them. 3rd place should be a good consolation. :sad: