Celtic Fans

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Celtic Fans

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Strange decision (in my opinion) by the so called 'Green Brigade' section of the Celtic support to body swerve the recent testimonial game v Athletico Bilbao in recognition of James Forrest's loyal service.

Apparently the reason given for the boycott was in protest against the Club hiring Brendan Rodgers as manager.

Though I was not in favour of the Club's decision at the time, despite him being the best available candidate for the job, I just cannot see any sense in this bizarre behaviour.

These guys are the same lot that scream blue murder (pretty appropriate and pun intended) when any Celtic player or manager (past or present) appears to show any lack of loyalty to the Club. The same lot that decide to totally ignore the services and achievements of James Forrest, a one Club man who has been loyal to Celtic since he joined the Youth Academy in 2003 and made his senior debut in the 2009/2010 season.

It would have made more sense if they had made their boycott in a game that actually meant something to the Club, not merely to snub an individual in a testimonial match. I can sometimes make sense of their actions but on other occasions they are merely attention seekers. In this case it seems to be the latter. :wtf:

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:32 pm Strange decision (in my opinion) by the so called 'Green Brigade' section of the Celtic support to body swerve the recent testimonial game v Athletico Bilbao in recognition of James Forrest's loyal service.

Apparently the reason given for the boycott was in protest against the Club hiring Brendan Rodgers as manager.

Though I was not in favour of the Club's decision at the time, despite him being the best available candidate for the job, I just cannot see any sense in this bizarre behaviour.

These guys are the same lot that scream blue murder (pretty appropriate and pun intended) when any Celtic player or manager (past or present) appears to show any lack of loyalty to the Club. The same lot that decide to totally ignore the services and achievements of James Forrest, a one Club man who has been loyal to Celtic since he joined the Youth Academy in 2003 and made his senior debut in the 2009/2010 season.

It would have made more sense if they had made their boycott in a game that actually meant something to the Club, not merely to snub an individual in a testimonial match. I can sometimes make sense of their actions but on other occasions they are merely attention seekers. In this case it seems to be the latter. :wtf:
Standard Celtic.
Ignore this signature

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Bomber wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:32 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:32 pm Strange decision (in my opinion) by the so called 'Green Brigade' section of the Celtic support to body swerve the recent testimonial game v Athletico Bilbao in recognition of James Forrest's loyal service.

Standard Celtic.
Disagree, they do a lot of good work for charities and within the community for those less well off. And they do tend to hang around and support their team to the death despite being beaten in a UEFA Cup Final in Seville- unlike the other lot who couldn't get out the ground quick enough.

That said they can be a divisive lot and full of their own importance at times.

Think it is a good thing to criticise your own Club or fans when they get it wrong and in this case they (section of supporters) were woefully wrong in snubbing James Forrest.

Hail Hail. ;-)

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

Post by God is an Englishman »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:37 pm
Bomber wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:32 pm

Standard Celtic.
Disagree, they do a lot of good work for charities and within the community for those less well off. And they do tend to hang around and support their team to the death despite being beaten in a UEFA Cup Final in Seville- unlike the other lot who couldn't get out the ground quick enough.

That said they can be a divisive lot and full of their own importance at times.

Think it is a good thing to criticise your own Club or fans when they get it wrong and in this case they (section of supporters) were woefully wrong in snubbing James Forrest.

Hail Hail. ;-)
Were they wrong whe they boo'd the national anthem and sung about the Queen dying?

Were they wrong when they pro terrorist songs?

Where they wrong when they boo'd a rememberance day event?

Were they wrong when they sung about their British soldiers being murdered on the streets of London?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

They have wronged many times, just like your British Empire and your Tory Government. Also a tad ironic coming from a Millwall supporter- the best behaved fans ever! :roll:

Now you don't want yet another history lesson GIAE?

Just wish that all their nonsense and bigotry would stop (both sides) but it won't happen in my lifetime and the hatred will continue to raise its ugly head for generations to come.

And please save me that nonsense about the good guys and the bad guys stuff- it's just a fallacy spinning around in your head. :crazy:

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:39 pm They have wronged many times, just like your British Empire and your Tory Government. Also a tad ironic coming from a Millwall supporter- the best behaved fans ever! :roll:

Just wish that all their nonsense and bigotry would stop (both sides) but it won't happen in my lifetime and the hatred will continue to raise its ugly head for generations to come.

And please save me that nonsense about the good guys and the bad guys stuff- it's just a fallacy spinning around in your head. :crazy:
So were they wrong in those situations or not?

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:37 am
thebeautifulgame wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:39 pm They have wronged many times, just like your British Empire and your Tory Government. Also a tad ironic coming from a Millwall supporter- the best behaved fans ever! :roll:

All yes (in my opinion), except for booing the England National Anthem. This is not a crime- lots of English boo the Scottish and Irish National Anthems. Have you got an issue with this? If so, you should grow a pair.

I deplore the singing of pro IRA chants and songs about British soldiers being killed. That said, if you care to delve in to history there are reasons this is so. Many historians have documented the atrocities of the British Empire and British Governments- would you care to comment on that?

Better not to throw stones if you live in a glass house.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:46 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:37 am

All yes (in my opinion), except for booing the England National Anthem. This is not a crime- lots of English boo the Scottish and Irish National Anthems. Have you got an issue with this? If so, you should grow a pair.

I deplore the singing of pro IRA chants and songs about British soldiers being killed. That said, if you care to delve in to history there are reasons this is so. Many historians have documented the atrocities of the British Empire and British Governments- would you care to comment on that?

Better not to throw stones if you live in a glass house.
I most certainly have an issue with British people booing the British anthem in Britain.

British Empire and government - care to provide an incident as I have no issue with it.
Last edited by God is an Englishman on Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

it was only when england and scotland stopped fighting each other and merged that we became great britain and the whole planet benefitted, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

A 3:1 away win but Celtic looked shaky in defense. I hope Carter-Vicker injury does not keep him out. The new Polish defender looked good.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I liked Maeda's game and was impressed with the Korean guy who came on in the second half. So skillful with the ball but needs to learn not to take on the entire opposition side.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Jota is planning a sensational return to Celtic in January.

Speaking exclusively to Football Insider, former Hoops striker Frank McAvennie said he has heard that Jota could be on his way back to Parkhead just months after his departure.

A big in if this happens. Those Saudi's have too much money.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/expe ... n-january/

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Great time to get a winner. 97th Minute.

https://youtu.be/7wsJLbk26os

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

eagleboy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 pm Great time to get a winner.
Out of interest, when are the bad times? ;-)
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:11 pm
eagleboy wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 pm Great time to get a winner.
Out of interest, when are the bad times? ;-)
When your win gives your rivals a chance to win a title, not that this likely to happen in Scotland.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

I see celtic fans were up to their usual tricks. Showing support for palestine at the. weekend.

They do like supporting terrorists.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:47 pm I see celtic fans were up to their usual tricks. Showing support for palestine at the. weekend.

Not many Palestinians living in Glasgow I would think, too bloody cold. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:45 am
God is an Englishman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:47 pm I see celtic fans were up to their usual tricks. Showing support for palestine at the. weekend.

Not many Palestinians living in Glasgow I would think, too bloody cold. :lol:
Our cruise boat stopped in Invergordon in Scotland a few years back. A few ME type businesses there.
That may be too far north. ;-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Disgusting by those so-called fans. The club needs to seek them out and ban them. Not the place for that sort of protest after what happened.

I don't blame this guy wanting out.

Liel Abada told he's 'finished' at Celtic after Green Brigade fan row over Israel Palestine conflict

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl ... d-27908104

The Celtic board has condemned this lot of loonies but needs to show so brutal action and life ban them.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23 ... palestine/

God is an Englishman
Board Member
Board Member

eagleboy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:37 pm

Disgusting by those so-called fans. The club needs to seek them out and ban them. Not the place for that sort of protest after what happened.

I don't blame this guy wanting out.

Liel Abada told he's 'finished' at Celtic after Green Brigade fan row over Israel Palestine conflict

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl ... d-27908104

The Celtic board has condemned this lot of loonies but needs to show so brutal action and life ban them.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23 ... palestine/

The issue with that club is it's always a minority, it just always seems to be a loud majority.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame
Celtic looking iffy at the moment. Such a strong line up, they play lovely football but should be scoring a bit more. The loss of Jota is big, but the new guys have shown bits at times.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:41 pm thebeautifulgame
Celtic looking iffy at the moment. Such a strong line up, they play lovely football but should be scoring a bit more. The loss of Jota is big, but the new guys have shown bits at times.
Yes eagleboy, have to agree that though we are dominating teams we should be scoring a lot more goals. The game v Hibs (0-0) was a prime example of this. I would say that Hatate will be a loss in midfield, especially in the CL competition.
I think that two players are beginning to show major consistency in the team- Liam Scales and Luis Palma.
Celtic will be fully aware that Rangers have improved under their new manager but this was to be expected and I don't think for one second Rodgers will disrespect them or not see them as serious title challengers.
As the season progresses I think Rodgers will hope to have a settled team playing at a high tempo, and they will hope to add quality in the January transfer window. For me Celtic need a centre forward who is robust and direct- someone who can play off Kyogo, or at least mix up their attacking options from time to time. Oh shows this in flashes and he certainly has potential, though I was surprised that Giakoumakis was allowed to leave last season as he has a decent pedigree. Think that he (Giakoumakis) was frustrated with lack of game time and Postecoglou rarely played him and Kyogo together- it was either one or the other and Kyogo was understandably first pick. He did prove his worth when Kyogo was injured but couldn't secure his place in the team on Kyogo's return- thought he was harshly treated but you can hardly argue with the manager when they secured the treble.
I am confident Celtic will be too good for Rangers and take out the title fairly convincingly, though we may struggle to get any more points in the CL- the quality in that competition is scary. Rodgers is a capable manager but Celtic will have to show more ambition in the transfer market to have any hope of making steady progress in the company of the elite.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:26 pm
eagleboy wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:41 pm thebeautifulgame
Yes eagleboy, have to agree that though we are dominating teams we should be scoring a lot more goals. The game v Hibs (0-0) was a prime example of this. I would say that Hatate will be a loss in midfield, especially in the CL competition.
I think that two players are beginning to show major consistency in the team- Liam Scales and Luis Palma.
Celtic will be fully aware that Rangers have improved under their new manager but this was to be expected and I don't think for one second Rodgers will disrespect them or not see them as serious title challengers.
As the season progresses I think Rodgers will hope to have a settled team playing at a high tempo, and they will hope to add quality in the January transfer window. For me Celtic need a centre forward who is robust and direct- someone who can play off Kyogo, or at least mix up their attacking options from time to time. Oh shows this in flashes and he certainly has potential, though I was surprised that Giakoumakis was allowed to leave last season as he has a decent pedigree. Think that he (Giakoumakis) was frustrated with lack of game time and Postecoglou rarely played him and Kyogo together- it was either one or the other and Kyogo was understandably first pick. He did prove his worth when Kyogo was injured but couldn't secure his place in the team on Kyogo's return- thought he was harshly treated but you can hardly argue with the manager when they secured the treble.
I am confident Celtic will be too good for Rangers and take out the title fairly convincingly, though we may struggle to get any more points in the CL- the quality in that competition is scary. Rodgers is a capable manager but Celtic will have to show more ambition in the transfer market to have any hope of making steady progress in the company of the elite.
Ange did seem to have that little bit of magic about him that Rogers may lack. The Buoys have a few recruits out at the moment that may strengthen the side. Abada may not come back because of the dickheads in the stands.

Scales and Palma are looking good. I like the South Korean wingers' skills. Oh has the same game time issues that Giakoumakis had. Giakoumakis was a loss tough. Given limited time he still managed to score atm is they are just doing enough to scramble out of games with a win. The season will turn one way or another soon.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

eagleboy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:02 pmThe Buoys have a few recruits out at the moment that may strengthen the side.
:lol: Some supporter you are, a floating voter perhaps ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:15 am
eagleboy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:02 pmThe Buoys have a few recruits out at the moment that may strengthen the side.
:lol: Some supporter you are, a floating voter perhaps ;-)
:clap: :clap: fat fingers....