AUFC - A :League Women - Sportsbird

This forum is for the discussion of women's football, the fastest growing participation sport in Australia. This includes local women's football and the A-League Women.

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, Forum Admins

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

AUFC - A :League Women - Sportsbird

Post by billy the kid »

Not a bad start to the season. I think this will shape up to be one of their very best

Sportsbird.
Was wondering now that the coach has been appointed as a full time coach, is Sportsbird attending the games? I he/she/they are attending. Just a stab in the dark. Maybe a certain inclusion the last two seasons may have mellowed Sportsbird.

nathanburns15
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: AUFC - A :League Women - Sportsbird

Post by nathanburns15 »

Doubtful

scar
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by scar »

billy the kid wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 am Not a bad start to the season. I think this will shape up to be one of their very best
I think BTK you're being too generous. I would argue it is a poor start considering both games at home & both winnable.
Also given we were playing against a Canberra team with no Grace Maher & the CCM, a newly formed team just having their 2nd competitive match makes our 1 point gained thus far not good enough.
Even more concerning for me is our next four fixtures: Melb. Victory (away), Perth (away) Sydney (home) & Bris. (away).

In the way
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by In the way »

scar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:28 pm
billy the kid wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:36 am Not a bad start to the season. I think this will shape up to be one of their very best
I think BTK you're being too generous. I would argue it is a poor start considering both games at home & both winnable.
Also given we were playing against a Canberra team with no Grace Maher & the CCM, a newly formed team just having their 2nd competitive match makes our 1 point gained thus far not good enough.
Even more concerning for me is our next four fixtures: Melb. Victory (away), Perth (away) Sydney (home) & Bris. (away).
agree - good squad but same coach = "nothing changes if nothing changes"

billy the kid
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by billy the kid »

squad ordinary. Needs an overhaul as does the program. Adrian is not the issue. Why? we've had a long line of coaches whom forumites have slammed. time to lay the blame over the successive heads of AUFC.