EPL 23/24

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Only just watched the Everton game, what a cracker by Garnacho.

Also saw the use of VAR to gift United a penalty, what a disgrace, just encourages forwards to seek negligible contact and throw themselves to the ground.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Midfield Maestro »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:28 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:17 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:07 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:55 am Spurs are currently the Socceroos under Ange.

Trying to play angeball without the cattle to execute it. He's lucky he has access to the players 7 days a week all year, bur will need some serious transfer market action
Most proper Spurs fans understand that he needs time to build the depth we lack, but we're being entertained in the meantime. I'd rather lose trying to win, than lose parking the bus. There's a fair amount of luck at this level, lots of marginal things and sometimes they go for you and sometimes not, it evens out over a season though.
I agree, it's very entertaining, if they can just work on staying on their feet, or at the very least, not taking 3 minutes each time to get back up. :lol:
I grew up watching players like George Best, Jimmy Greaves etc being hacked every 30 seconds, riding tackles, getting back up and never complaining, I hate the way modern footballers are so piss weak, but they do it to gain an advantage, not because they're actually hurt and just maybe by taking away the time wasting advantage by adding all that time on, they'll gradually do it less.
I get the reasoning. I'm just saying it's not a game plan I find enjoyable to watch. And Ange is a self declared "all about the fans" manager, so it's quite amusing...a shït talker, if you like ;-) :lol:
As soon as you're born you start dying.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:06 am
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:55 am Spurs are currently the Socceroos under Ange.

Trying to play angeball without the cattle to execute it. He's lucky he has access to the players 7 days a week all year, bur will need some serious transfer market action
Most proper Spurs fans understand that he needs time to build the depth we lack, but we're being entertained in the meantime. I'd rather lose trying to win, than lose parking the bus. There's a fair amount of luck at this level, lots of marginal things and sometimes they go for you and sometimes not, it evens out over a season though.
I agree, it's very entertaining, if they can just work on staying on their feet, or at the very least, not taking 3 minutes each time to get back up. :lol:
I grew up watching players like George Best, Jimmy Greaves etc being hacked every 30 seconds, riding tackles, getting back up and never complaining, I hate the way modern footballers are so piss weak, but they do it to gain an advantage, not because they're actually hurt and just maybe by taking away the time wasting advantage by adding all that time on, they'll gradually do it less.
I get the reasoning. I'm just saying it's not a game plan I find enjoyable to watch. And Ange is a self declared "all about the fans" manager, so it's quite amusing...a shït talker, if you like ;-) :lol:
Are you Oracle in disguise? :lol: :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:03 pm
Midfield Maestro wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:06 am

Are you Oracle in disguise? :lol: :lol:
Oracle isn't always wrong, he's just bloody boringly repetitive :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

:lol: VAR is so shite, then we have to listen to Dermot Fuckwit Gallagher defending his mates after they've royally fucked it up. :clown:
Danny Blanchflower

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:00 am :lol: VAR is so shite, then we have to listen to Dermot Fuckwit Gallagher defending his mates after they've royally fucked it up. :clown:
I'm with you NOC it has completely changed the fabric of the game with the number of delays and how long they take to make decisions.

It's actually ok to post this now without the usual ageist attack about old white men complaining about change ;-) ;-)

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

ozzie owl wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:37 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:00 am :lol: VAR is so shite, then we have to listen to Dermot Fuckwit Gallagher defending his mates after they've royally fucked it up. :clown:
I'm with you NOC it has completely changed the fabric of the game with the number of delays and how long they take to make decisions.

It's actually ok to post this now without the usual ageist attack about old white men complaining about change ;-) ;-)
IFAB are the problem, they're the ones setting the protocols like the ridiculous 'clear and obvious', so I thought I'd take a look at who this bunch of clowns are. I wasn't disappointed :lol:

Fatma Samoura - Senegalese diplomat, ex United Nations - NFI about football. :clown:

Patrick Nelson - CEO of Macclesfield, then moved to Irish FA - Very little idea about football. :clown:

Ian Maxwell - Former pro at Queens Park and others, now at Scottish FA. :clown:

Mark Bullingham - Marketing exec, somehow rose to be head of the FA - can't believe he knows anything about football. :clown:

Noel Mooney - Former pro for Shamrock Rovers and others, now at Welsh FA. :clown:

These five are in charge of making law and policy for football all over the world, despite having zero experience of playing, managing or officiating football at anywhere even approaching top level.

Hardly surprising that VAR is such a shambles.
Danny Blanchflower

Black Panther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Black Panther »

Don't dis Queens Park.
El Paso del Norte wrote:I have the opposite problem, mine is so small you can't see it!

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

& you say we are lucky every week Cyril, how about your mob this morning.. he waves play on, to then call it back :clap:
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Midfield Maestro
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:58 pm & you say we are lucky every week Cyril, how about your mob this morning.. he waves play on, to then call it back :clap:
Like watching AFL except they stop play then call advantage :lol:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:58 pm & you say we are lucky every week Cyril, how about your mob this morning.. he waves play on, to then call it back :clap:
I never saw him raise both hands to signal play on? He gave a foul, Haaland took it quickly, but the ball was still moving. Good decision. ;-)

Anyhow, you should be grateful, we did you lot a favour, not happy about that. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:42 pm

IFAB are the problem, they're the ones setting the protocols like the ridiculous 'clear and obvious', so I thought I'd take a look at who this bunch of clowns are. I wasn't disappointed :lol:

Fatma Samoura - Senegalese diplomat, ex United Nations - NFI about football. :clown:

Patrick Nelson - CEO of Macclesfield, then moved to Irish FA - Very little idea about football. :clown:

Mark Bullingham - Marketing exec, somehow rose to be head of the FA - can't believe he knows anything about football. :clown:

Noel Mooney - Former pro for Shamrock Rovers and others, now at Welsh FA. :clown:

These five are in charge of making law and policy for football all over the world, despite having zero experience of playing, managing or officiating football at anywhere even approaching top level.

That’s only 5 of the 8 who vote on I.F.A.B., NOC. And it needs 6 of the 8 in a vote to change a law or policy. Finish your research NOC. Who are the others? I.F.A.B. is meant be made up of 4 from the British home nations - England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. And 4 FIFA delegates representing the rest of the World.

As for V.A.R., I agree it is too long-winded getting to a decision. Why, oh why can’t the VAR mob just get the ref to sprint to the sideline monitor? After all he has the final say.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:05 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:42 pm

That’s only 5 of the 8 who vote on I.F.A.B., NOC. And it needs 6 of the 8 in a vote to change a law or policy. Finish your research NOC. Who are the others? I.F.A.B. is meant be made up of 4 from the British home nations - England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. And 4 FIFA delegates representing the rest of the World.

As for V.A.R., I agree it is too long-winded getting to a decision. Why, oh why can’t the VAR mob just get the ref to sprint to the sideline monitor? After all he has the final say.
FIFA get four votes but only one representative on IFAB who, I would think, would cast those four votes as a block. Try doing some research Con my boy. :lol:

As for sending the ref to the monitor, that would be a first step and an improvement, but the problem is the second opinion whispering in his ear. Get rid of the officials in the VAR, make the offside AI on the big screen and the only human in the box would be a TV tech to run replays at the ref's request. Then let the sole arbiter decide for himself whether he wants to use the TV to check his initial decision, without any interference from outside. It would save a fortune in wanky officials who can't get it right anyway, probably be quicker and put the authority back in the refs' hands.
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Wow, what a performance!

Luton 3, Arsenal 4 with a last minute winner by Declan Rice.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:48 am Wow, what a performance!

:lol: Lucky Arsenal, even the cycloptic haywood can't deny that ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:45 pm
Con M wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:48 am Wow, what a performance!

:lol: Lucky Arsenal, even the cycloptic haywood can't deny that ;-)
Lucky cause we scored late - yes

Unlucky cause 2 blatant pens not given

2 errors from Raya kept them in the game

Take the 3pts & move on ;-)

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Good Ebenning!
Up The Villa!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

paul merson wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:08 am Good Ebenning!
Up The Villa!
:lol: One average season and the Villans are out from under their rocks ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:26 am
Up The Villa!
Just enjoying our moment in the sun!

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

paul merson wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:28 am
Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:26 am
Up The Villa!
Just enjoying our moment in the sun!
Yeah, nah - deserved at present Mers. Flying high in 3rd position.

Emery a good man, a gentleman who has Villa playing positive football.

I just don’t wish him luck in the game against the Arsenal at 4am Sunday morn December 10 Adelaide time. He will understandably think he has a point to prove....

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Jeez, Liverpool were lucky, unless it was for persistent fouling, just how was Ayew's second yellow a card-worthy tackle? That decision changed the game.

Always good to see United and Arsenal get done though. :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Another inconsistent morning from VAR 🤬

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:31 am Another inconsistent morning from VAR 🤬
So you thought Havertz should have been sent off as well ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:57 pm
haywood djablowme wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:31 am Another inconsistent morning from VAR 🤬
So you thought Havertz should have been sent off as well ;-)
I thought Havertz goal should have been awarded & if Palace got a penalty, then how can VARs interpretation of their penalty be different to the Gabby one in our game

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

LOL, West Ham were super lucky against Spurs, but maybe they aren't as good as they thought they were :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

Good to hear the Luton captain is going ok after his medical episode over the weekend.
Would have been very scary for all involved and well done to the support staff from both sides for saving his life
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Get In The Car
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Get In The Car »

I don't think the game should have been abandoned though. Last season's play off final wasn't.

paul merson
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by paul merson »

Fingers crossed for a Villa win v Sheffield & a draw between Arsenal & Liverpool this week end.

It could be a very merry Christmas day!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Get In The Car wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:34 pm I don't think the game should have been abandoned though. Last season's play off final wasn't.
And........................?

Glad they done the decent thing this time round.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Just watched the most disgusting red card I've seen for a long time and VAR can't even make the ref go to the monitor to check it. Notts Forest can feel rightly hard done by and they can't appeal as it was a second yellow, it's not even a foul. Boly wins the ball cleanly and by the time the Cherries player arrives on the scene the ball is 6 feet away, if anything, the forward was late, not Boly. This is a contact sport FFS, not fucking lawn bowls.
Danny Blanchflower