I.F.A.B. announce 5 changes to the Laws-of-the-game @ their 2/3/24 AGM

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

I.F.A.B. announce 5 changes to the Laws-of-the-game @ their 2/3/24 AGM

Post by Con M »

The Law-making body announced 5 changes including:

additional permanent subs in concussion cases;
correct size of shinguards;
team captain must now wear armband;
non-deliberate handball resulting in a penalty treated the same as other fouls;
the ball must touch or overhang the centre of the penalty spot and encroachment will only be penalised if it has an impact.

Further, I.F.A.B. will trial:

only the captain to approach the referee in certain situations;
the referee to order cooling off pauses in game flare-ups where teams must retreat to their areas;
increasing to 8 seconds that a goalie can hold the ball or possession reverts to the opponents;
referees to publicly announce VAR decisions and their reasoning.

ps, I was going to post this in the forum for futsal, 7-a-side and so-called “rules of the game” but that’s not what Laws-of-the-Game are called...

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: I.F.A.B. announce 5 changes to the Laws-of-the-game @ their 2/3/24 AGM

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Con M wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm The Law-making body announced 5 changes including:

the ball must touch or overhang the centre of the penalty spot and encroachment will only be penalised if it has an impact.

the referee to order cooling off pauses in game flare-ups where teams must retreat to their areas;
increasing to 8 seconds that a goalie can hold the ball or possession reverts to the opponents;

ps, I was going to post this in the forum for futsal, 7-a-side and so-called “rules of the game” but that’s not what Laws-of-the-Game are called...
And not a single one really addresses the problems with the game. The final one touches on it, but still leaves the onfield ref at the mercy of some muppet in Stockley Park.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

theorakle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by theorakle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:20 pm
Con M wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:07 pm The Law-making body announced 5 changes including:

And not a single one really addresses the problems with the game. The final one touches on it, but still leaves the onfield ref at the mercy of some muppet in Stockley Park.
agree with cyril, scrap var and let the ref do his job, :thumbdown:

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

theorakle wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 pm

Don't scrap the tech, scrap the second ref in the box and just let the onfield ref use the tech without some plonker whispering in his ear.
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

Old Master
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Old Master »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:17 am
theorakle wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 pm

Don't scrap the tech, scrap the second ref in the box and just let the onfield ref use the tech without some plonker whispering in his ear.
Bring in penalties aimed at stopping the continual use of arms to hold players back or drag them down, it's becoming a wrestling match in many games these days.
The older I get the better I was.

FOOTBALL IS LIFE
The Rest Is Just Details