Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by eagleboy »

That non penalty was certainly interesting. I suppose it's getting a bit of scrutiny in Scotland atm.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Kyogo back to his best. The second half was total domination with that showing on the scoreboard apart from a pen. Joe Hart is playing at his best in years.

Doodleoodlen
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Doodleoodlen »

Hopefully Celtic can win tonight.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

The mind games for this fixture (or at least the run-up to it) was started weeks ago by Rodgers and Clement seems to be feeling the heat. Though Celtic are far from infallible, I think they have more in their locker than Rangers. Anything but a win for Rangers will end their hopes and even a draw for Celtic should be enough. In theory a three point cushion should be enough over the last two games. If it goes to six, Rangers can forget the title and concentrate on the Scottish Cup final.

I think it will be filled with plenty of incidents but hoping VAR will NOT be required- seems like this has as much chance as it raining in Adelaide! I fancy a few goals- Celtic to win 4-2. Come on the Hoops!

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:55 pm The mind games for this fixture (or at least the run-up to it) was started weeks ago by Rodgers and Clement seems to be feeling the heat. Though Celtic are far from infallible, I think they have more in their locker than Rangers. Anything but a win for Rangers will end their hopes and even a draw for Celtic should be enough. In theory a three point cushion should be enough over the last two games. If it goes to six, Rangers can forget the title and concentrate on the Scottish Cup final.

I think it will be filled with plenty of incidents but hoping VAR will NOT be required- seems like this has as much chance as it raining in Adelaide! I fancy a few goals- Celtic to win 4-2. Come on the Hoops!
I'll take that result in a heartbeat. Love Celtics match last week. Celtic defense still worries me apart from Joe Hart.

Doodleoodlen
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Doodleoodlen »

Another win for good over evil.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Celtic totally dominated and the Rangers send-off didn't help . The Ranger goal was a typical defensive lapse that Celtic have been guilty of against the play. Another missed penalty :sad: The title is theirs unless something crazy happens.

I love how James Forrest has re-invented himself. Keeping a few good players out.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by thebeautifulgame »

eagleboy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:31 am Celtic totally dominated and the Rangers send-off didn't help . The Ranger goal was a typical defensive lapse that Celtic have been guilty of against the play. Another missed penalty :sad: The title is theirs unless something crazy happens.

I love how James Forrest has re-invented himself. Keeping a few good players out.
Pretty good short summary of the game. Yet again Celtic were very wasteful in front of goal and lost another sloppy one (just as you said). On chances Celtic should have scored at least four or five but I would have settled for the three points prior to a ball being kicked, so no complaints.

The league is over even though Celtic could potentially lose at Kilmarnock (personally think they will get a point to officially become champions). If not, they will secure it the following week v St. Mirren at home. This also depends on how Rangers
do, but that really won't matter one iota.