EPL 23/24

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Re: EPL 23/24

Post by eagleboy »

Gunners v City down to the wire. You have to hand it to Arsenal. They seem to be getter stronger. Away to Man U big. Spurs at home to City is a banana skin match for City. A draw and it's the Gunners to win the league.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Another bad day at the office for Ange

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

eagleboy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:21 am Another bad day at the office for Ange
Who in their right mind goes to Anfield and lets Emerson Royal on the bus? :lol:
Victor Meldrew wrote:A decent govt..... like uk. :lol:
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Spuds start the season breaking records.. remember super Ozzie Ange to now breaking them again :lol:

#foreverinourshadow
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Must be fun at United today? Easy game coming up next Sunday though. :lol:

https://youtu.be/B1iqwli14Nc

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

eagleboy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:17 pm Gunners v City down to the wire. You have to hand it to Arsenal. They seem to be getter stronger. Away to Man U big. Spurs at home to City is a banana skin match for City. A draw and it's the Gunners to win the league.
Dunno Eagleman. Which Man.Utd side will show up?

If the Arsenal do prevail at Old Trafford, it’s gonna be a hoot being Cyril, hoping his team lose to the Citizens on Wednesday 13 May!

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Con M wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:29 pm
eagleboy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:17 pm Gunners v City down to the wire. You have to hand it to Arsenal. They seem to be getter stronger. Away to Man U big. Spurs at home to City is a banana skin match for City. A draw and it's the Gunners to win the league.
Dunno Eagleman. Which Man.Utd side will show up?

If the Arsenal do prevail at Old Trafford, it’s gonna be a hoot being Cyril, hoping his team lose to the Citizens on Wednesday 13 May!
Funny that.

Frank Costanza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Frank Costanza »

The ultimate paradox for a spurs fan:
Support your team to get a result against Man City or support Man City against your team to prevent your rivals (potentially) winning the league?
WHO TOOK MY TV GUIDE???

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

Frank Costanza wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 am The ultimate paradox for a spurs fan:
Support your team to get a result against Man City or support Man City against your team to prevent your rivals (potentially) winning the league?
As a lifelong Spurs fan, I couldn't actively want any team to beat whatever team we put out, even if the south London gypsies win the league, but I do hope that Ange tries out a few 16 year olds for the experience ;-)

The other side of the coin is that haywood and his Goonie mates (sadly, I have a few of those back in the UK as well) will have to be cheering on the Spurs. :lol: I've got a nice Spurs shirt you can borrow haywood ;-)
"The game is about glory, doing things in style and with a flourish, going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:52 am
Frank Costanza wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 am The ultimate paradox for a spurs fan:
As a lifelong Spurs fan, I couldn't actively want any team to beat whatever team we put out, even if the south London gypsies win the league, but I do hope that Ange tries out a few 16 year olds for the experience ;-)

The other side of the coin is that haywood and his Goonie mates (sadly, I have a few of those back in the UK as well) will have to be cheering on the Spurs. :lol: I've got a nice Spurs shirt you can borrow haywood ;-)
Thanks for your generosity Cyril and appreciate the offer, however I'm a realist & I can see them rolling out a championship performance against a bang average side.

To United fans credit this morning, they created a great atmosphere & pushed their side all the way to the end - even knowing if they nicked a result it would hand their neighbours the championship, I just hope your mob does the same!

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:41 am

Thanks for your generosity Cyril and appreciate the offer, however I'm a realist & I can see them rolling out a championship performance against a bang average side.

To United fans credit this morning, they created a great atmosphere & pushed their side all the way to the end - even knowing if they nicked a result it would hand their neighbours the championship, I just hope your mob does the same!
Not sure it would be big enough to fit you anyway, I don't want it stretched ;-)
Danny Blanchflower

Con M
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Con M »

Nah, if the late great Cyril (Nice One Cyril) Knowles was around today, he’d just like to see Spurs beat the Citizens tomorrow, easily bag the 3 points against Sheffield Utd on the last day and hope that Villa struggle at Palace, then voila - go on to 69 points to Villa’s 68 and grab 4th spot and into the lucrative Champions League.

That’s what Levy would want too.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Con M wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:55 am

Nah, if the late great Cyril (Nice One Cyril) Knowles was around today, he’d just like to see Spurs beat the Citizens tomorrow, easily bag the 3 points against Sheffield Utd on the last day and hope that Villa struggle at Palace, then voila - go on to 69 points to Villa’s 68 and grab 4th spot and into the lucrative Champions League.

That’s what Levy would want too.
Would have been better if Liverpoo didn't roll over last 10mins this morning

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

So many comments on multiple blogs leading up to the much anticipated game but I love this one..

Mikel Arteta has turned Spurs most successful season in a long time into an emotional headache that has their fans begging their team to lose and stay in the Spursday Night Europa League rather than move into the Champions League. Embarrassing. But funny. Imagine hating potential success? 🤣

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:28 pm
So many comments on multiple blogs leading up to the much anticipated game but I love this one..

Mikel Arteta has turned Spurs most successful season in a long time into an emotional headache that has their fans begging their team to lose and stay in the Spursday Night Europa League rather than move into the Champions League. Embarrassing. But funny. Imagine hating potential success? 🤣
C'mon let's hear a loud COYS from you haywood :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Strong words from Ange this morning..

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

received_965931961504943.jpeg
received_965931961504943.jpeg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 157 times

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:35 pm Strong words from Ange this morning..
TBF he's coming at it from a totally different angle to anyone (like me) who's ever lived and worked in North London. Managers come and go (I go back as far as Billy Nic) but the loathing of the South London pikeys never wavers :lol:
Danny Blanchflower

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:51 am received_965931961504943.jpeg
:lol: How the fuck do they get away with such a rort?
Danny Blanchflower

Trần Lệ Xuân
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Trần Lệ Xuân »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:51 am received_965931961504943.jpeg
:lol:

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:45 am
haywood djablowme wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:35 pm Strong words from Ange this morning..
TBF he's coming at it from a totally different angle to anyone (like me) who's ever lived and worked in North London. Managers come and go (I go back as far as Billy Nic) but the loathing of the South London pikeys never wavers :lol:
Was that you Cyril in the ground.. the one in a Spurs shirt celebrating the Citeh goal..??

Actively cheering an away goal in your home ground is pure embarrassment for the reputation of the club. Having your manager savage the mindset of the club after the game is a very worrying thing to hear. All this carry-on has been seen around the world - Spurs are one of the few clubs that has fans actively rooting against their own team. Conte called Spurs a disgrace, Mourinho said the same, now Big Ange is gearing up to unload on a situation that seems hapless.

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:33 am
Was that you Cyril in the ground.. the one in a Spurs shirt celebrating the Citeh goal..??

Actively cheering an away goal in your home ground is pure embarrassment for the reputation of the club. Having your manager savage the mindset of the club after the game is a very worrying thing to hear. All this carry-on has been seen around the world - Spurs are one of the few clubs that has fans actively rooting against their own team. Conte called Spurs a disgrace, Mourinho said the same, now Big Ange is gearing up to unload on a situation that seems hapless.
:lol: I wouldn't actively cheer, but I wasn't overly upset and certainly not surprised to lose to City.

It's Ange's job to win, so I'd expect his reaction, but as I said, managers are temporary, their allegiance changes every time they change jobs so I doubt many Spurs fans would give a toss what Conte or Maureen said about them.

I would have taken an entertaining season and to finish in fifth at the start of the season. Let's see who Ange buys.
Danny Blanchflower

dhoyle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dhoyle »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 pm I doubt many Spurs fans would give a toss what Conte or Maureen said about them.
Do Spurs give a toss about their trophy cabinet?
Conte and Mourinho probably like theirs.

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 pm

:lol: I wouldn't actively cheer, but I wasn't overly upset and certainly not surprised to lose to City.

It's Ange's job to win, so I'd expect his reaction, but as I said, managers are temporary, their allegiance changes every time they change jobs so I doubt many Spurs fans would give a toss what Conte or Maureen said about them.

I would have taken an entertaining season and to finish in fifth at the start of the season. Let's see who Ange buys.
Fifth after winning the first 10.. you Spuds have no ambitions!

#foreverinourshadow

Nice One Cyril
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Nice One Cyril »

haywood djablowme wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:15 pm
Nice One Cyril wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:05 pm

Fifth after winning the first 10.. you Spuds have no ambitions!

#foreverinourshadow
Comprehension not your forté haywood? I did say "at the start of the season", which, by definition, would be prior to winning anything ;-)
Danny Blanchflower