Rangers v Celtic

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Rangers v Celtic

Post by thebeautifulgame »

Nice One Cyril wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:23 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:10 am
eagleboy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:49 am Don't care if it is a friendly

Chelsea 1 : 4 Celtic :clap: :clap: :clap:

wtf Chelsea :cry:
And that just proves a point- yes, friendlies do mean little but not to the fans. It's like playing a board game with your brother, sister or best friend- you still want to win.

Out of curiosity eagleboy, it is interesting to note that you are keen on both Celtic and Chelsea which isn't that common place to be honest. Any particular reason for supporting these clubs?
:lol: Plastic Scot and Plastic Londoner ;-) Stop being nice to him :shock:
I can be nice to anyone I choose, even you! ;-). Just don't ever take my good nature for granted. :smile:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:10 am
eagleboy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:49 am Don't care if it is a friendly

Chelsea 1 : 4 Celtic :clap: :clap: :clap:

wtf Chelsea :cry:
And that just proves a point- yes, friendlies do mean little but not to the fans. It's like playing a board game with your brother, sister or best friend- you still want to win.

Out of curiosity eagleboy, it is interesting to note that you are keen on both Celtic and Chelsea which isn't that common place to be honest. Any particular reason for supporting these clubs?
True. Bitter/Sweat result. Liked Chelsea since I was a young boy and they visited Adelaide. Was too young to watch them.Charlie Cook my Hero. Disappointed with the current Chelsea owner.
Always liked Celtic. Left footer I suppose ;-) Always had fun with a guy I worked years ago with who was a Rangers guy.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

Fair enough eagleboy- we all have different reasons for supporting who we follow.

Mine's was simple, my father was Catholic and though he had a liking for Hibs when he was a boy his favourite club was Celtic and that was ingrained in to the family. Life as a Catholic in Scotland in the 60's and 70's was socially difficult as they were often victimised and put down by the then dominant protestants. Never regretted being a so called Tim, even when we we went through some lean years. I'm old enough to say I witnessed 1967 and the Lisbon Lions- their legacy will last forever in the club's rich history.

Hail Hail! :grin:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Quiet on the transfer front atm.2 goalkeepers and Bernardo. More outgoings than coming in.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 5:00 pm Quiet on the transfer front atm.2 goalkeepers and Bernardo. More outgoings than coming in.
Agreed, though keeping O'Riley is very important for the coming season, particularly if Celtic have a hope of competing in Europe. Kuhn could play a big part this season up front, but we do need a physical threat in attack and the Idah rumours are not going away any time soon. Celtic will sign a left back and at least one forward- and another midfielder if O'Riley leaves.
Rodgers beginning to look like a real manager again after an initially shaky return last season, though he has much dead wood to move on. Also the enigma of Mickey Johnston- does Rodgers sell him or give him one last chance? The lad has bags of ability as proved on loan to West Brom but at Celtic his talent is either stifled or he is out with various injuries.
Reckon it will be a make or break season for him at Celtic but the word is he is more likely to be transferred if a decent bid is on the table.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

Rangers drew with Hearts last night. :clap:

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

Celtic won 4-0. I hope they haven't peaked too soon.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

The Bourne Identity wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:25 pm Celtic won 4-0. I hope they haven't peaked too soon.
:lol: :lol:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

The Bourne Identity wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:25 pm Celtic won 4-0. I hope they haven't peaked too soon.
Peaked? - they're just getting started! ;-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

I tried watching the match but my streaming service played up. I followed the score while watch Olympic events. I did manage to watch a 10-minute highlights package. Celtic totally dominated that and unlucky not to have more. The form is good considering the only new additions at the moment are the GK's. I am getting a good feeling on what I am seeing with Kuhn. A right winger Jota maybe. A classy player.

If Matt O’Riley goes to Chelsea that's a win/win for me.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

If reports are true, looks like Celtic's O'Riley is on his way to Brighton for around 25 million. Inevitable that he was going to
move on and I wish him all the best, he has been a fantastic player for us. Means we have a massive hole to fill in midfield plus another left back required plus another striker up front. You would think that some of the O'Riley fee would be used to broker a deal for Idah- but it is the Celtic Board so probably won't be that simple! :crazy:

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

First of the big dances this weekend.

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:22 pm First of the big dances this weekend.
And I hope 'our team' lead them a merry one! ;-) Hail Hail!

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

First Celtic v Rangers game of the season at Celtic Park today with 12.30pm kick off UK time.

Just can't see past Celtic not winning but I don't think it will be a cricket score as some are suggesting. Rodgers has a brilliant record against them and Celtic should be good enough to take all three points. It will be interesting to see how they cope without O'Riley in midfield as he had been the main man v Rangers in their last few meetings.

The best Rangers can hope for is a draw- I'm going for a 3-1 win with Idah coming off the bench to seal the three points.

Hail Hail!

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:44 am First Celtic v Rangers game of the season at Celtic Park today with 12.30pm kick off UK time.

Just can't see past Celtic not winning but I don't think it will be a cricket score as some are suggesting. Rodgers has a brilliant record against them and Celtic should be good enough to take all three points. It will be interesting to see how they cope without O'Riley in midfield as he had been the main man v Rangers in their last few meetings.

The best Rangers can hope for is a draw- I'm going for a 3-1 win with Idah coming off the bench to seal the three points.

Hail Hail!
1st thing RODGERS 14 RANGERS 1

3 good signings on paper for the Bhoys.
Arne Engels from Bundesliga side Augsburg, Luke McCowan signed from Dundee, and Auston Trusty from Sheffield United + Alex Valle on loan make for a good offseason.
Not sure which of them will be available. Alex Valle probably. Nicholas Kuhn appears the biggest improver.

My sites that I normally tune into are playing up. Don't know why. Maybe my VPN. Does anyone have any streaming links to watch the match? :?: :?:

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

About the streaming links eagleboy- I used to be able to get them on footybite up to the end of last season, but this season it has not been possible. Looks like they have put some type of blocker on it. If I have any joy I will send you a post. ;-)

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:30 pm About the streaming links eagleboy- I used to be able to get them on footybite up to the end of last season, but this season it has not been possible. Looks like they have put some type of blocker on it. If I have any joy I will send you a post. ;-)
Thanks for that. Im using a VPN and this is working atm. Watching the pre match.

https://1stream.eu/soccer/celtic-ranger ... am/1456547
Last edited by eagleboy on Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

What a result and atmosphere. 3 great goals. McGregor's goal brilliant. I loved Bernado's game as well. Filled in more than adequately for Matt O'Riley.

https://youtu.be/zmUO0uugIpI

thebeautifulgame
Squad Player
Squad Player

eagleboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:26 pm What a result and atmosphere. 3 great goals. McGregor's goal brilliant. I loved Bernado's game as well. Filled in more than adequately for Matt O'Riley.

Spot on eagleboy- an enjoyable performance and result. Rangers started brightly but like so many recent derbies the wheels soon came off. Based on that performance Bernardo is going to become a special player for Celtic. Genuinely thought that Kyogo's disallowed goal should have stood as Kuhn was dead level with the defender. If it's that tight allow the goal FFS!
No disrespect to big Joe Hart as he was fantastic for us, but Schmeichel looks like an upgrade.
Rodgers is building a strong squad and always a good sign when all the players are giving him everything. Looking good! :thumbup:

The Bourne Identity
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Bourne Identity »

I enjoyed watching that.
I can't put my finger on it but I think my avatar looks like Jay Walking.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

thebeautifulgame wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:45 pm
eagleboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:26 pm What a result and atmosphere. 3 great goals. McGregor's goal brilliant. I loved Bernado's game as well. Filled in more than adequately for Matt O'Riley.

Spot on eagleboy- an enjoyable performance and result. Rangers started brightly but like so many recent derbies the wheels soon came off. Based on that performance Bernardo is going to become a special player for Celtic. Genuinely thought that Kyogo's disallowed goal should have stood as Kuhn was dead level with the defender. If it's that tight allow the goal FFS!
No disrespect to big Joe Hart as he was fantastic for us, but Schmeichel looks like an upgrade.
Rodgers is building a strong squad and always a good sign when all the players are giving him everything. Looking good! :thumbup:
Agee on all. I can watch that McGregor goal over and over. Schmeichel looks so safe. Loved Hart but his playing the ball out sometimes made my heart skip a beat.

Kuhn is impressing me more every match,

Michael
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Michael »

Good prevails over evil - once again!

:clap:
Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium.

eagleboy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by eagleboy »

eagleboy wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:44 pm
thebeautifulgame wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:30 pm About the streaming links eagleboy- I used to be able to get them on footybite up to the end of last season, but this season it has not been possible. Looks like they have put some type of blocker on it. If I have any joy I will send you a post. ;-)
Thanks for that. Im using a VPN and this is working atm. Watching the pre match.

https://1stream.eu/soccer/celtic-ranger ... am/1456547
Link appeared to be playing up on Saturday, and I was getting a bit pissed off watching. but it appears it was an issue in Scotland maybe the telecaster. Luckily saw the goals. The new signings have hit the ground running. Engel's looks like Kai Hazetz. Cowan strike was great.

All good and I watched Tottenham v Arsenal last night no issues.