Capello sacked

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Capello sacked

Post by olympiakos »

from soccernet.com

MADRID, June 28 (Reuters) - Real Madrid sacked coach Fabio Capello on Thursday, 11 days after he led them to their first Primera Liga title in four years.

The 61-year-old Italian, who also won the league title with Real in the 1996-97 season during his first spell at the club, had two years left to run on his contract.

'We have taken the decision not to continue with Fabio Capello next season,' said Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic.

'It was a difficult decision, but it was a unanimous decision based on an exhaustive report I made to the board.

'We don't think Fabio Capello is the right person to lead Real Madrid into the future given what we want this club to achieve.'

'Now we have time to think over who will be the next coach of the club.'

'I haven't managed to talk it over with him personally because he is on holiday at the moment, but I did manage to speak to his son who is also his lawyer.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

rofl wat a joke

he wins them their first spanish title in 4 years and he gets sacked

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

does a coach have to win a treble or something to keep a job there what a joke
I speak nothing but the truth

INTERISTA
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by INTERISTA »

real where very lucky to win it tho + i doubt his poor player (ego) management would had help his situation..who the hell freezes out ronaldo + beckham???

CR7
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by CR7 »

madrid r a joke

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

#15# INTERISTA #15# wrote:real where very lucky to win it tho + i doubt his poor player (ego) management would had help his situation..who the hell freezes out ronaldo + beckham???
well he must have done something right if they one the title

arxidi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by arxidi »

Forza Roma wrote:
#15# INTERISTA #15# wrote:real where very lucky to win it tho + i doubt his poor player (ego) management would had help his situation..who the hell freezes out ronaldo + beckham???
it was after beckham started playing again that they started performing again wasnt it?

i could be wrong but thats what i thought.
everyone is entitled to my opinion

tsss

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

What a circus that club is. If my memory serves me correctly, the last two coaches to win the title for Real Madrid - Del Bosque & Capello were both sacked. And that d'ickhead Mijatovic comes out already talking about Shulster and how he respects that he has a contract with Getafe. He and that club don't have respect for anyone.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

A club like Real Madrid should be as much a european powerhouse as AC Milan! They have an almost limitless budget it would seem! Yet they have flopped in the champions league of late!
Heard that clown fozzie on the world game saying that Madrid don't just accept winning, they demand good football on the park also!
If thats what they want then so be it, obviously capello isn't the man to deliver this style.
Maybe they think they can lure Wenger in another year?

Caramelas13
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Caramelas13 »

Why did they get Capello back then? They had him in the late 90's.....

They obviously knew what they were getting into. They signed him up for 3 years.

I just think that Madrid don't give their manager enough time to develop the winning formula. The past 4 years they've had 4 different managers. How can you build a successful unit in one season???

Milan are a successful European club cause they don't go chop and changing every year like Real do. Ancelotti has been there for 5 or so years and in that time he has delivered 2 Champions Leagues, 1 Scudetto, 1 Coppa Italia, 1 European Super Cup and 1 Italian Super Cup.

getborn
Star Player
Star Player

Post by getborn »

unfuckenbelieveable.

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

arxidi wrote:
Forza Roma wrote:
it was after beckham started playing again that they started performing again wasnt it?

i could be wrong but thats what i thought.
something must have gotten thru to him after he was dropped that he wasnt invincable or something?

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

thats 11 coaches sacked in 10 years

THE MITSOS
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by THE MITSOS »

#15# INTERISTA #15# Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

real where very lucky to win it tho + i doubt his poor player (ego) management would had help his situation..who the hell freezes out ronaldo + beckham???
exactly

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

wenger?

but wat a shiraz joke man

they sack quiroz 4 not winnin anythin and now that sack capello for winnin there 1st trophy in 4 yrs???? wtf

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Hellas13 wrote:
#15# INTERISTA #15# Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:41 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exactly
yeah but it was capello that brought beckham back who pretty much inspired the title fight back
I speak nothing but the truth

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

But he's the one that drop beckham too along with that stupid mclaren !! and if it wasnt bcause of him, im sure beckham wont join those stupid LA GALAXY team !!

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

I said he wouldn't last long when he was appointed!

Real demand success and exciting football from their managers and it has never been any different.

Capello knew what was expected of him and failed to deliver - again.
FOOTBALL IS LIFE - The Rest Is Just Details

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

getborn wrote:unfuckenbelieveable.

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

MUFCBOY wrote:wenger?

they sack quiroz 4 not winnin anythin and now that sack capello for winnin there 1st trophy in 4 yrs???? wtf
thats what im thinking......

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

olympiakos wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:wenger?

thats what im thinking......
boys he will be signing a contract extension in the coming days

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

who would wanna coach them?you know ur gonna get the muscat soon after you take over anyway :lol:
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

Wild Eagle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Wild Eagle »

All considered, Capello is going to get a very nice pay cheque in the post, I would be quite happy with that.

Sooner or later somebody will pay some credit where credit is due, to the one coach who won them pretty much everything and never got an ounce of respect, Mr Vicente Del Bosque.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Where will capello go next year?
Surely his services will be wanted somewhere in italy!

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Post by El Capitano »

Capello getting sacked was a good thing.

You think the Real Madrid fans and board were happy watching thier team play boring defensive soccer week in and week out?

Real dont just want to win, but they want to win playing beautiful, entertaining, attacking football.

Italy is and always will be the place for Capello's coaching style and methods.

Say goodbye to Cannavaro now as well
Feel Good Inc.