Arnold rings the changes for Thailand

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

hopefully neill warms the bench vs Japan. the a-league boys and beauchamp were much better tonite. bresc was a big improver as well.

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

I wouldn't change the starting line up

Only thing is the fouls Australia gave away.

Undisciplined some times.

An example Aloisi getting a yellow for back chatting.

Very stupid

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Rocky10 wrote:I wouldn't change the starting line up

Only thing is the fouls Australia gave away.

Undisciplined some times.

An example Aloisi getting a yellow for back chatting.

Very stupid
yeh i agree....keep the winning team as it is.

Can't believe Brett Holman, what a shiraz shocker

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Piola »

lol @ holman. leave him on the bench. big improvement needed to compete with japan, particularly at the back. 4-0 was very undeserved and thailand had many many chances to score.

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

Holman has a big problem with his finishing

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
pires7 wrote:bresciano on fire in the first half!
Aloisi holding ball up well and actually moving better than Viduka!
Aloisi control tonight has been quality...him and Viduka have played very well together

lets just hope we can kill the game off with a second
:?, Aloisi was useless... even Viduka was relatively quiet and his touch at times everywhere, until he scored the brace.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

and also, you can not leave Lucas Neil out of the team - might have to revert to a back 4 depending on how the japs play.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
Aloisi control tonight has been quality...him and Viduka have played very well together

:?, Aloisi was useless... even Viduka was relatively quiet and his touch at times everywhere, until he scored the brace.
I was talking about he first half. I thought they fed well off each other and they use their bodies well to shield off defenders

Tony Adams
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Tony Adams »

was australia good enough to warrent a match up against japan? if so great because goin by the first two games we don't. wish i could of watched it

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:

I was talking about he first half. I thought they fed well off each other and they use their bodies well to shield off defenders
as was I

Rocky10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Rocky10 »

Average performance by Aloisi.

The yellow card was stupid. He got it for back chatting.

plus he didn't even make an impact during the game.

Poor performance

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:

as was I
he created a few chances and combined well with Viduka a few times. Viduka didn't have his best game apart from his finishing but i didn't say Viduka played well. I just thought Aloisi used his body and skill well up against the Thai defenders.

Jono82
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Jono82 »

Knight7 wrote:
Frappe wrote:what the hell has happened in the last 20 mins??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Confidence, Class and dare I say good management!
:shock:

No doubt Zak will find a way to contradict that!

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Neill will have to come back into the side - surely wont stick with Emerton as a centre half against Japan.

Baptista
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Baptista »

Top 3 players tonight
1. Mark Milligan- Easily best on ground was everwhere and made crucial tackles at crucial times for Australia.( He should be in Europe )

2. Tim Cahill- Was only on for 25 minutes but set up 3 goals. Lovley ball to kewell for the 4th goal.

3. Mark Viduka- Didnt play very well until the last 30 but scored 2 class goals a nice header and showed his brilliant control for his first goal.

Carney, Beauchamp were good with the two young lads impressing me and im sure the rest of you. Carney won alot of balls and Beauchamp had a solid defensive game and scored a nice header.

Players who need to improve-
Grella- Had a shocker in my opinion tonight i expect more from him!
Aloisi- Shut up and get on with the game. Touch let him down 2 night.
Swartz- Looked nervous and looked a little lost 2 night.

Next game i would start like this

Schwarzer

Emerton Neil Beauchamp Carney

Grella OR Milligan

Bresciano Culina Cahill

Viduka Kewell

It is going to be difficult with Arnie and Kosmina coaching our boys but this is going to be a big test for the boys. I dont expect australia to win i must say but i wont be suprised if they do.

Cmon Australia.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

admin wrote:Neill will have to come back into the side - surely wont stick with Emerton as a centre half against Japan.
hopefully emerton right wing back, shiraz wilkshire off, carney on the left
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:

as was I
he created a few chances and combined well with Viduka a few times. Viduka didn't have his best game apart from his finishing but i didn't say Viduka played well. I just thought Aloisi used his body and skill well up against the Thai defenders.
maybe we should agree to disagree :lol: , i thought Aloisi was average at best... couldn't hold it up when we needed him to and turned it over too easily by holding onto it when he shouldn't have.

anyways, it's easy to criticise from the sidelines.

jazzy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jazzy »

Aloisi, still living off a penalty 18 months ago, hiddink only used him when australia was changing a game, not good to start for the national team, acutally not good enough to start for his club team. Second Division in Spain and they got relagated.

What all the Asian teams have shown is there ability to open teams up on the edge of the box. they all have a player or a couple of players who can play in tight areas. Australia lacks that, and to me Arnold thinks put the ball in the air to the big fella.

Viduka is at his best with the ball at his feet. Australia needs someone to be able to work in small spaces to be able to pick viduka with quick feet. Aloisi, just a battering ram. And clubless, funny that.

I will continue to say one man for Asia is Nicky Carle alongside viduka. quick, works hard and unlike aloisi, if you play it to his feet, he can actually control it.

_______________________schwarzer

Emerton______________Neill_______Milligan_________________Carney

____________________Grella_________Cahill______________________

Brescianno______________________________________________Kewell

____________________Carle

_________________________________Viduka

Beachamp unlucky to miss out, milligan has the speed to play alongside bigger defender like Neill. Grella and Timmy in CM, Kewell has to play wide. end of story.

Breshiano, on the right, but coming inside to open up space for Emerton to get forward,

Carle to just do his thing and create for the rest, and cause damage in those tight spaces on the edge of the box