New Coach of Australian Football team (Socceroos)?

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

Andy_Pipkin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

New Coach of Australian Football team (Socceroos)?

Post by Andy_Pipkin »

Advocaat 'in for Socceroos'
By David Hall
FOXSPORTS.com.au
July 16, 2007 DUTCHMAN grenache Advocaat looks set to replace under-fire Graham Arnold as Australia coach next year, according to media reports.

Arnold is to remain with Football Federation Australia, most likely in a coaching role alongside technical director Rob Baan, until Advocaat is confirmed as the new national coach.

The vastly experienced Advocaat, whose contract with Russian club Zenit St Petersburg expires later this year, was interviewed for the job in 2005, but compatriot Guus Hiddink was preferred to lead the Socceroos to the World Cup in Germany.

But after Arnold's disastrous Asian Cup campaign, Advocaat has been tagged as the man to take Australia to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, qualifying for which starts in June 2008.

It is reported that FFA chairman Frank Lowy will fund Advocaat's wages, as the organisation's finances look to be stretched even further if the Socceroos crash out of the Asian Cup, a tournament they were tipped as favourites to win.

Better choice than Houillier ?
Any thoughts ?
“Walk on water? I know most people out there will be saying that instead of walking on it, I should have taken more of it with my drinks. They are absolutely right .”-Bryan Clough

aussie_ascoli
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by aussie_ascoli »

The italo-french system, tactics, structure, mentality has been very successful over the years.

For me out of the Dutch system, the Spanish-Argentinian system, the english, and brazilian system. We are probably best suited to the italo-french. The only issue is the dutch have the most patience, and willingness to come to Australia.

Wouldn't it be great to attract names like Mazzarri, Giampaolo, Prandelli, Mazzone even Capello if you wish. Especially with the younger ones, within out budget.

The only problem is many of the names want to make themselves into big names in Serie A. A lot more prestigous to stay in Italy, and become a elite manager.
The older ones like Mazzone won't come either.
However we need to find someone willing to come who is highly schooled in this mentality.

The french are good, they are more likely to come abroad. Who are some good french managers we can tap???

Fred Goldstone
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Fred Goldstone »

Advocaat is a quality coach with a proven track record but we should wait until the AC is over before we decide that Arnold should be sacked.

If Arnold does well then Advocaat would make a brilliant Head Coaching Director responsible for overseeing the re-organisation of our junior system.
FOOTBALL IS LIFE - The Rest Is Just Details

MilanManiac
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by MilanManiac »

I think Guus made a bigger name for himself what he did for us in the world cup. Clearly that lead him to be the Manager of the russian team and theres the big bucks for him right there.

I'd love Walter Mazzari to come.
ACM1899 4 LIFE