Senior License Coaching Course

This forum is for the discussion of general coaching topics. Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

FootballNews is not responsible for any of the comments posted in this forum and this forum is moderated.

Moderator: Forum Admins

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Senior License Coaching Course

Post by TheWingBack »

Hi,

I'm doing the Senior Coaching License next month and I've heard it has a low pass rate. I'm keen to get this qualification so I am looking for any material, information, tips etc to pass the course.

How have people in the past gone with this course?

fowler_23
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by fowler_23 »

i have heard the same thing, so im getting another year of coaching under my belt before i go do mine

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

having just about completed it, my advice would be to know what the assessors are looking for in advance.

practical assessment components require you to put together a session on defence and one on attack.

it doesnt matter if youve coached 1 yr or 10 yrs. if youre not doing what they want in the first year of your coach, you probably wont be doing it in the 10th.

to some degree, im glad that it doesnt have a high pass rate. this implies that they arent giving out the senior licences to just anyone.

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

I agree about not just handing out the license to give it more credibility.

In regards to doing a session on defence and one on attack, what sort of sessions are they looking at? In the Youth License we had to do game sense sessions that focussed on a particular area and put it into a small sided game situation, including a progression.

I'm just keen to get it right the first time as it is 40 hours of personal time and I'd hate to have to come back and do it again. Plus I haven't found any information on what to expect in the course as yet.

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

i remember having to prepare a session coaching the sasi boys how to 'defend a counter attack'.

remember

organisation
explanation
demonstration
observation
correction
rehearse
re-commence

im happy for you to pm me for more info!!!

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Doing the coarse ATM, some good stuff to take in but it's still killing me :lol:

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

I know what you mean Nova.

The assessment on Sunday with the state and SASI kids is going to be interesting and make things a bit harder for us.

See you Friday.

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Should be ok J, at least they wont talk back like some :wink: :lol: