England 2-3 Croatia

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

put a half decent manager in charge of the england team and they stroll into euro 2008
end of story

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Juventino wrote:
COLOSSUS wrote:Talk about animosity, this topic has spiralled out of bloody control :D

Anyway, the Greek economy will be the big winner by Englands big loss. Expect to see every English Football fan on the Greek Islands next summer as they drown their sorrows in Heineken stubbies whilst the rest of Europe and the rest of the World firmly have their eyes glued to their TV screens watching EURO 08 :lol:

Ill see all you poms in Faliraki, RHODES at the end of the EURO campaign of course :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, i dont care how many people say that the English Football side is overrated, truth of the matter is that they have more than enough good players to have had at least qualified for the bloody tournament. Thats where i think the disgraceful part comes into it. McLarens appointment was always going to end in disaster and it is beyond me how the English FA did not see this themselves, a natural disaster waiting to happen. I mean who was the last English manager to win the EPL title??? I cant recall before 1990, but from 1990 when Leeds won the EPL, i cant recall any English manager winning the EPL title since. Its been Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho hasnt it??? There isnt 1 decent English manager good enough to get England into a World or European Cup let alone win it, and i think that is evident with even all the minnow European countries who dont even use English managers so what the hell is the FA thinking??? I hope they didnt take Middlesboroughs UEFA Cup Final inclusion as reason to give McLaren the job??? Surely not :shock:
Perhaps Blackburn's coach was English when they won in 95? One of you Englishmen can help me out here!
Kenny Dalglish... and he's Scottish

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Hawkesy wrote:
manU4life wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
olympiakos wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
Laziale wrote:and yet he wasnt even born in england...
place of birth means nothing. My kids were born in the prison colony but they wear their England shirts with pride, knowing where they come from.
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!!
What does that mean?

Sorry I don't speak 12 year old internet geek language.
think he's trying to say your kids are aussie either that or he doesnt know how the hell they could wear that three lions shirt with pride :wink:
Well that would mean that half the people on this board should stop it with their greek or italian usernames, because apparantly the only way to be greek or italian is to be born there. How many of them were born there? AND if so, what are they doing in australia? (you can't have it both ways fellas).

Jesus Christ was born in a stable but I can't remember reading he was a horse. :lol:

AND, of course they can wear the 3 lions with pride. Everyone is surely proud of the country they're from, no matter where they're from, even australians. :lol:
This is a football forum mate, get back to the topic. The facts are England have done nothing for over 40years. Italy and even Greece have done more than your pathetic excuse for a football team.

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

This must surely settle ther fact that whilst the premier league is entertaining and has the best crowds and stadiums, it is still technically behind other nations. and this is where your gonna suffer at international level.

at the last major tournament italy's whole squad played in serie a and they had a good manager. englands whole team played in the premier league, i think except hargreaves and had a pretty decent manager in sven.

The difference showed with italy winning and england falling by the wayside despite supposedly having a world class team. even in these qualifiers italy managed to get out of a group that contained two other top 8 teams at the last world cup, with a ever changing list and two of the best players retired (totti & nesta)

yet they could still count on youngsters and players who play for smaller teams in italy much unlike england who seem like they have to play their best eleven every match to get a result
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

when was the last time england beat a team ranked above them ?

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

the only reason why england suffer is because they have to many one man superstar players, and arent used to playing with each other, not to mention the rivalry in clubs, so im wonderin how crouch and gerrard feel towards rooney and hargreaves. as far as that fu.kn stupid comment about greece doing more than england..no way buddy greece is a fu/kd soccer nation, they flucked euro 04, and theyre clubs teams area about english championship level, the premier league is of the top 4 in the world.

if england had half the time to gel that the club teams do, england will be winning the next world cup!!!

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

hleb, go back to school. Every national team has players that have the rivalry in clubs.

Italy - Pirlo, Gattuso (acmilan) v Buffon, Delpiero (Juventus)

geordie-442
Star Player
Star Player

Post by geordie-442 »

bigazz wrote:
BillShankly wrote:is there any sport england is good at?
darts?
The World Champ is a Dutchman Raymond Van Barneveld 'Barney'

So that will be a NO then. :(

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

SILENT P wrote:hleb, go back to school. Every national team has players that have the rivalry in clubs.

i kno that dude. im just sayin because they have alot of big name players there is more likely to be clash of personalities as well as rivalry in clubs regardless of the country. england has alot more major personalities so the chances of gelling are more unlikely than the likes of italy or others

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

does Gerrard have a personality? :?

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

haha yea, he still is englands best player at the moment i think along with lampard

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

nah nah nah nah
nah nah nah nah
hey hey hey goodbye

lol..
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

13_aliaksandr_hleb wrote:
SILENT P wrote:hleb, go back to school. Every national team has players that have the rivalry in clubs.

i kno that dude. im just sayin because they have alot of big name players there is more likely to be clash of personalities as well as rivalry in clubs regardless of the country. england has alot more major personalities so the chances of gelling are more unlikely than the likes of italy or others

Yes, so ur saying other teams have players with No personality???
WTF????
In the Italian team u have players from Ac Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, Lazio just to name a few. And ur telling me that they ALL LOVE each other???
Righteo!
Its the MANAGERS responsibility to keep these players under control and play well as a TEAM.
Not the individuals and their personalities!
:roll:

# 9
Star Player
Star Player

Post by # 9 »

diegom wrote:
13_aliaksandr_hleb wrote:

Yes, so ur saying other teams have players with No personality???
WTF????
In the Italian team u have players from Ac Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, Lazio just to name a few. And ur telling me that they ALL LOVE each other???
Righteo!
Its the MANAGERS responsibility to keep these players under control and play well as a TEAM.
Not the individuals and their personalities!
:roll:
yea i kno wat ya sayin, i meant like big media publisied players not ones without personalities. i wouldnt have a clue how the italian team goes in the changerooms, but obviously it shows on the pitch. and at this level its not just the managers job, players SHOULD kno how to control themselves but sometimes it dont work. plus playin stlyes in clubs effect the coming together of the players in the national team.

blue moon
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by blue moon »

Black Legion wrote:Australia didn't knock us out????????????

Croatia B team drew with us 2 -2 in Stuttgart if I remember correctly.
no excuses but it want exactly a full strength english outfit either, no terry, ferdinand, owen, hargeaves, rooney...probably not the time to blood a new keeper.

quite frustrating as on the day a full strength english team can beat anyone but come to these tournaments it never runs smoothly (i.e goes tits up).

Trezegoal #17
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Trezegoal #17 »

Absolutely no excuses these players that played still should have enough class if they supposedly play in the best league in the world? As i said above italy played most of our games without the likes of luca toni, camoranesi, materazzi, grosso etc. and again this is my major point that the english league whilst entertaining and prosperous is not as fantastic as everybody thinks it is, so therefore the english players are sub par.

And i dont wanna hear the excuse of foreigners because every top league deals with the same problem, look at inter you'd be lucky if they fielded a team with an italian in it, and this is not including their coach. i enjoy watching the prem league just as much as the next bloke....but i just want all the prem fans to just admit that the prem league is not as good as the other major leagues....
"What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger"

COLOSSUS
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by COLOSSUS »

13_aliaksandr_hleb wrote:the only reason why england suffer is because they have to many one man superstar players, and arent used to playing with each other, not to mention the rivalry in clubs, so im wonderin how crouch and gerrard feel towards rooney and hargreaves. as far as that fu.kn stupid comment about greece doing more than england..no way buddy greece is a fu/kd soccer nation, they flucked euro 04, and theyre clubs teams area about english championship level, the premier league is of the top 4 in the world.

if england had half the time to gel that the club teams do, england will be winning the next world cup!!!
Errm, could you please tell me who the current EURO Champions are??? And we fluked it??? So we beat the Host Nation twice in 2 weeks in front of their own crowd, we beat the Champion at the time (France) in the quarters and we beat 1 of the 2 favourites (Czechs) in the Semi's but we fluked it ayyy? :roll:
Well fluke or no fluke you dikweed, we won it and have qualified easily to try and defend it whilst your overrated Football team watches us :wink:

And whilst some of your EPL clubs are better than most of ours, heres a tip for you, all that means is that you have a healthy Club competition and not much more as your National Team can atest too :wink: :lol:

I wouldnt be bagging Greece, because we are never expected to do much and we have still managed to win 1 International trophy in about 3 attempts whilst you guys fluked 1 on home soil :wink: in 100 attempts, so whose the better side now smart asssssss :D

Worry about your own miserable side and leave ours out of it, we'll be there, and you'll be at home watching us :lol:
Hawkesy wrote:COLOSSUS...........Congratulations, you have won the title fair a square.

PLEASE WELCOME THE NEW WNID UP KING

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

13_aliaksandr_hleb wrote:the only reason why england suffer is because they have to many one man superstar players, and arent used to playing with each other, not to mention the rivalry in clubs, so im wonderin how crouch and gerrard feel towards rooney and hargreaves. as far as that fu.kn stupid comment about greece doing more than england..no way buddy greece is a fu/kd soccer nation, they flucked euro 04, and theyre clubs teams area about english championship level, the premier league is of the top 4 in the world.

u really showed your intelligence there, england have done what exactly? won a world cup more than 40 years ago when there was less teams, 16 i believe? greece won euro in 04 in a modern time beating some big names, its there, its in the history books, greece also got the most points out of the european teams to qualify, i honestly cant be bothered arguing with u because there is nothing to prove, all i will say is that u are an idiot and obviously u have something against greece being euro champions, to say they fluked it? that is definetely the stupidest comment i have read in a while, England are the laughing stock of the world my friend, Greece are not, thats how simple it is, its just that u are bitter about it

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

nachoman wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
BillShankly wrote:is there any sport england is good at?
Well we are still ranked in the top 10 at football. I'd call that pretty good.

We've just reached the world cup final in rugby (beating australia AGAIN in the process). I'd call that pretty good.

We're ranked number 2 in the world in cricket. I'd call that pretty good.

We have 8 world champions in boxing. I'd call that pretty good.

Still you aussies stick to your cross country basketball and swimming. Neither of them should even count as sports.
England are ranked 11th in Football.
FIFA issued new rankings in between our posts.

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

olympiakos wrote:

u really showed your intelligence there, england have done what exactly? won a world cup more than 40 years ago when there was less teams, 16 i believe? greece won euro in 04 in a modern time beating some big names, its there, its in the history books, greece also got the most points out of the european teams to qualify, i honestly cant be bothered arguing with u because there is nothing to prove, all i will say is that u are an idiot and obviously u have something against greece being euro champions, to say they fluked it? that is definetely the stupidest comment i have read in a while, England are the laughing stock of the world my friend, Greece are not, thats how simple it is, its just that u are bitter about it
At the moment Greece are 1 ranking place above England. This is the first time they have been ranked higher than England since rankings begun. And this is considered England's lowest ebb.

You say 66 only had 16 teams in it. how many were in Euro 2004. You can't compare a European Championship win to a WC win. Brazil have won 5 WC's, Argentina 2, Uruguay 2. In fact 50% of the World Cups were won by South American teams. Basic stats tell you it's easier to win a Euro that a WC.

That said, Greece did well in 04, they played to their strengths, they did very well in defence and created opportunities from set pieces. BUT to compare England's WC win with your Euro win is a bit silly.

Motley
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Motley »

mclaren mclaren mclaren - if you could only have your time again, would you have dropped David Beckam from your squad. What a master stroke that was and it all went from bad to worse from then. Well done England for appointing him too. It would be the equivalent for the socceroos appointing kossie as the main man for the world cup.
ELLAS KINGS OF EURO 2004

Its who your mates are.

--------------------

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Motley wrote:It would be the equivalent for the socceroos appointing kossie as the main man for the world cup.
Or Graham Arnold for the Asian Championships.

Top Corner
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Top Corner »

England Were Lucky to even be in a position to score throughout the game. Croatia was way too much class for England!!!
:wink:
Football,The Beautiful Game

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Hawkesy wrote:
olympiakos wrote:

At the moment Greece are 1 ranking place above England. This is the first time they have been ranked higher than England since rankings begun. And this is considered England's lowest ebb.

You say 66 only had 16 teams in it. how many were in Euro 2004. You can't compare a European Championship win to a WC win. Brazil have won 5 WC's, Argentina 2, Uruguay 2. In fact 50% of the World Cups were won by South American teams. Basic stats tell you it's easier to win a Euro that a WC.

That said, Greece did well in 04, they played to their strengths, they did very well in defence and created opportunities from set pieces. BUT to compare England's WC win with your Euro win is a bit silly.
different era mate, thats what im trying to say, so how come england havent even won a euro? the WC they won was a long long time ago, u think they could do that again? no, and they won the world cup on home soil, big difference, but the game was a lot slower back then too, thats the point im trying to make

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

olympiakos wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
olympiakos wrote:

different era mate, thats what im trying to say, so how come england havent even won a euro? the WC they won was a long long time ago, u think they could do that again? no, and they won the world cup on home soil, big difference, but the game was a lot slower back then too, thats the point im trying to make
that I will agree with.

olympiakos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by olympiakos »

Hawkesy wrote:
olympiakos wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
olympiakos wrote:

that I will agree with.
cool :lol:

Translator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Translator »

bump :lol:
I don't like lies. I have understood your market where sometimes lies sell more than truth. This is your life and I don't like it. I understand your work and I have to work with you, but the protection of my group is much more important than you