dropping players.

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

dropping players.

Post by corona »

what do we think of players been dropped from a older age group to play in a lower div to help there team because there playing one of the top teams, eg , adel city drop 3 players from u19 to u17a then 3 from the u17a to bolster the u15a who played metro. i know its allowed but what about the players who have to make way for this. plus it dosnt give a true reflexion on how a team is performing when one week they are bolstered then the folowing week they lose without these players, im all for promoting but this is different .

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

as long as no rules are broken i suggest you live with it... if they have a better "squad" to call upon then there is no use complaining...

El Capitano
Star Player
Star Player

Re: dropping players.

Post by El Capitano »

corona wrote:what do we think of players been dropped from a older age group to play in a lower div to help there team because there playing one of the top teams, eg , adel city drop 3 players from u19 to u17a then 3 from the u17a to bolster the u15a who played metro. i know its allowed but what about the players who have to make way for this. plus it dosnt give a true reflexion on how a team is performing when one week they are bolstered then the folowing week they lose without these players, im all for promoting but this is different .
Very comon with Adelaide City
Feel Good Inc.

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

its very poor as a team that is selected for that division should be there , unless injuries or suspended players need to be replaced, but not to drop 3-4 players to play better against the top team , then lose the week after to a weaker team with there normal squad.

The Beaut Game
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Beaut Game »

I Agree Rooboy. All within the rules. My slant on this is as long as the "dropped players" add value to the side I agree. Converlsey, I think wat is appaling is when you get overgadge players actually playying in the 19'sor 23's because they can't get a game in the appropriate league and won't retire gracefully!

Dropping an eligible p;ayer to the 15's or whatever is ok as long as they add value to their team. Next time teh aggrieved side could do likewise.

Play by the Rules!
Its a Beautiful Things

fayigatsidoi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by fayigatsidoi »

It is legal...so if nobody likes it maybe a rule change should occur that the teams must nominate actual player names for the season and have them backed by refs checking player cards.........Is their any benefit to this idea....what do you think...if nothing else it will actuallly monitors the clubs abilility to develope a team throughout the season.....????..isnt this what its about....lets get rid of lazy coaches.....

gubs
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by gubs »

The game is all about tactics, if its legal then thats fair and they are allowed to do it until the rule is changed. Good on them for having squads good enough to chop and change all the time and still pull off results

stargazer
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by stargazer »

corona wrote:what do we think of players been dropped from a older age group to play in a lower div to help there team because there playing one of the top teams, eg , adel city drop 3 players from u19 to u17a then 3 from the u17a to bolster the u15a who played metro. i know its allowed but what about the players who have to make way for this. plus it dosnt give a true reflexion on how a team is performing when one week they are bolstered then the folowing week they lose without these players, im all for promoting but this is different .
Normally it's no problem because invariably the fringe players from a higher age group are dropped and therefore in reality they are from the skill level and age point of view suited to the lower teams anyway.
Its happening to Metro 19s which have had a good squad in the past couple of years. I believe ABE did this last saturday.
I dont think anyone minds unless they are directly involved e.g. players that miss out and parents.
Its actually a blessing in disguise as it gives the more talented teams tougher competition

Brenton T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Brenton T »

Yes Yes Yes Stargazer.

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

droping players

Post by Vale »

I partly agree with you stargazer, but aren't we forgeting the players that were chosen for a particular team during club trials, only to be told that they will be droped to a lower age group when their team meets a stronger opponent and quality players will be bought in to strengthen their side. Our game is a team sport and regardless who your team plays on sunday you win together and you lose together as a team. I think some clubs forget that this is a JUNIOR COMPETITION and not Serie A or English Premier League.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

agree with cumb utd, has been happening for years and always seems to be city doing it! loved playing them knowing they haved dropped players down and still knocking them off!

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

In the E&D they have rules about players changing age groups in the junior levels, a player can only go up an age group 3 times and then they have to play the rest of the season in that age group , not sure they are allowed to drop down at all. Pretty sure once they have played their 3 games at U14 for example they cannot drop to Under 13 at all.

Still I suppose if you have no rules governing it then clubs may feel like they are doing nothing wrong...

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

povman 1964, i think thats a good way of doing things if a player plays more then 3 games in a older age in becomes not eligable to play at a lower age.

Hollygirl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hollygirl »

I think it is more scary that you can play at two age groups in the one day (unless it is a cup round). You can't even do that at school soccer. :?

Neutral Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Neutral Observer »

Cumberland UTD wrote:
Very comon with Adelaide City
Very comon with Cumberland United, remember last year 2005 preventing elimination, droping players in 3 age groups, having players leaving their teams half way through their game to help lower grade teams.
Remember before you point at others look at yourself first.

Neutral Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Neutral Observer »

Hollygirl wrote:I think it is more scary that you can play at two age groups in the one day (unless it is a cup round). You can't even do that at school soccer. :?
It is sad that club have to that desperate to get same players play 2 competitive games at same day. You can't do that in senior level. But as somebody mention before, for some clubs winning is everything, forget the development of players, if they don't like it they dump them and replace them next year with others. How many clubs retain their players? Thats one of the reasons why every year they all have trials, most of them on same day to fight for the same players. If the clubs were developing players they would not have to be desperate at trials, they would be filling in only couple of players. All go back to basics. Get good development program, good coaches and upward path for young players.