Keegan appointed

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Keegan appointed

Post by sparts »

return for king kev to the head position of newcastle. A bit of a shock to be honest should be interesting to see how he goes
"barmy army, chairboys!!"

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

very interestning that they appointed him again
I speak nothing but the truth

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

I don't think Newcastle themselves really knew who they wanted.
Last edited by Missing Post Count on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

He won't do jack shite!

Just another way the board have pleased the Newcastle fans in the short term. Then he will quit & walk away.

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

Newcastle have gone and appointed someone that admitted he was out of his depth with England. He didn't have a clue what to do when England were beaten by Germany in the last game at the old Wembley.

The game in England has moved on considerably since he was last coaching at Newcastle, that was their last chance to win a league title I'm afraid when they were pipped by Man United.

I wonder how many of those fans that were abusing Big Sam after only 3 or 4 games will do the same to the 'Messiah' if results don't improve straight away.

This is a joke in my opinion, lol at all the Newcastle supporters who think the glory days are back. He didn't even win a single trophy when he was there last time. :D

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Jimbob wrote:Newcastle have gone and appointed someone that admitted he was out of his depth with England. He didn't have a clue what to do when England were beaten by Germany in the last game at the old Wembley.

The game in England has moved on considerably since he was last coaching at Newcastle, that was their last chance to win a league title I'm afraid when they were pipped by Man United.

I wonder how many of those fans that were abusing Big Sam after only 3 or 4 games will do the same to the 'Messiah' if results don't improve straight away.

This is a joke in my opinion, lol at all the Newcastle supporters who think the glory days are back. He didn't even win a single trophy when he was there last time. :D
100% agree with you there Jimbob. Has he ever won a Major Trophy as a manager of a Football Club? I don't think so! :wink:

Baptista
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Baptista »

how would this affect Triosi

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Baptista wrote:how would this affect Triosi
You won't know yet.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Young James is over in Holland until the end of the season on loan.

So kev could get the flick before he is back..........LOL

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

been given 60m pounds to spend so tuff 4 troisi

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Not many managers in the EPl have won a major honour!!
Last edited by Victoria's Secret on Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

e-football wrote:Not many managers in the EPl have won a manager honour!!
:?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

multi tasking, sorry, major honour.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Raf would argue with you there the UCL a couple of years back would qualify, would it not?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

of course the CL counts, I said many!!!

Ferguson
Wenger
Benitez
Sven (in Italy)

Who else has won a major honour?

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

cheer up kevin keegan oh wat does it mean 2 a daydream believer and a cabernet football team

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

MUFCBOY wrote:cheer up kevin keegan oh wat does it mean 2 a daydream believer and a cabernet football team
love ur work son,

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

he can't take the credit for that :)

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

" cheer up kevin keeeegaaaaaaaaaan,oh what does it mean to be a...sad geordie sherry and a shite football team"

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

manU4life wrote:" cheer up kevin keeeegaaaaaaaaaan,oh what does it mean to be a...sad geordie bastard and a shite football team"
"I will luve it if we beat them, Luve it" :lol:

geordie-442
Star Player
Star Player

Post by geordie-442 »

E. Grant & Co wrote:Young James is over in Holland until the end of the season on loan.

So kev could get the flick before he is back..........LOL
No he is not, just saw him on the TV going to training at the Toons Training Ground. It was quite funny when asked what he thought of Keegans appointment he admitted he did not know much about him but evreyone semed happy with it.

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

as a newcastle fan geordie, what do u think of mike ashley? Im not a newcastle supporter but i think he is a twat. he has that smug look about him

geordie-442
Star Player
Star Player

Post by geordie-442 »

sparts wrote:as a newcastle fan geordie, what do u think of mike ashley? Im not a newcastle supporter but i think he is a twat. he has that smug look about him
If I had his money I think I would look pretty smug.

I sat near to him in the 0 - 0 Stoke game and he seem ok to me though he did say before the game Sam would still be there at the end of the season.

I must admit I wanted a foreign manager just to mix it up at newcastle but it was not to be.

He has gave most of the fans what they want so he is half to hero status but thats not hard to do after Fat Freddie Shepard.

Not sure Shearer will be part of the set up as the 2 of them have not spoken in years.

Only time will tell if Keegan is the right man for the job but most of the Geordie fans are well happy and ready for the Keegan Rollercoaster Ride.

The next few weeks will be interesting to see if Ashley will be putting his money were his mouth is in the backing of Keegan.

Success to me is more entertaining football and fiishing somewhere in the top half.

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Keegan

Post by ozzie owl »

The revolving door continues at Newcastle.

Bit like divorcing your wife and marrying her again some years later.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

The king is back in Toon!

Lilly Whites
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Lilly Whites »

why does everyone want sexy football

whatever happened to the bolton fans who loved the 1-0 results

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

£30mil now and £60mil later to take them back to the CL is the owner's orders! Good luck

He is pissing about the the press that he knows the Geordie mentality like no other manager could etc.

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

doesnt matter how much money you sepnd on players, if you have a backward manager you fucked.

heres a letter sent into F365.co.uk that jsut about sums up Newcastle...
Newcastle Are Just Like Britney Spears
Could I just point out to all those Newcastle fans who equate being a big club with the fact that everyone is talking about them that the reason people are watching them intently and passing comment on the barcodes is because the club is a train wreck and the public love to rubberneck.

They are the footballing equivalent of Britney Spears. I don't read about Britney because she is a big star, I read about her because she is stark raving bonkers and I want to see the latest nutso thing that she has done. It is the same as those programmes on tv that show home videos, we don't watch them because the people in them are big stars, we watch them so we can see someone fall over at their wedding.

The German's have a word for it; schadenfreude - the malicious glee experienced from somebody else's misfortune. The British have a phrase for it; the goings on at Newcastle United Football Club.

Josh (looking forward to Mike Ashley shaving his head and going out in a mini-skirt with no knickers on), Oxford

sparts
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by sparts »

there are also reports of him after defoe and SWP

manU4life
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by manU4life »

ive been doing a bit of thinking about this and i think it may just work.....if i was a player at newcastle you'd be thinking "cabernet keegan is coming back" a lot of the lads on the team would have idolised him in his united and england days and that kind of excitement around a locker room and training pitch could just pay off. I think he was treated very harshly ....i think people forget he should have won the title at newcastle and had england playing some great football at euro 2000