Results 1-2 July 2006

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

A Team

Pontian 4
Munno Para 0

B Team

Pontian 2
Munno Para 1

Winning goal came from a sub that was subbed! great strike though.

C Team

Pontian 4
Limnos 3

All three teams win and all three chance of winning their respective leagues.

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

We hope to beat Limnos but take nothing for granted, if you look at the table all but Bosna are a chance of promotion and all but PHE and probably Vista could still get relegated! Does anyone know if the Limnos B Result is real, a couple of times this year the league has mucked up the scores, however if real, what an upset!

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

I hope the Limnos b result is true.

Vista A, B, and Cs all won this week.....now that doesn't happen often. Great to see a couple of fair games, with a good attitude from both sides and plenty of humourous banter on the sidelines.
Only down side for Vista is more injuries

Moomoo
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Moomoo »

..................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by Moomoo on Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

Oh dear... i thought we may have survived a forum topic without reading the winging excuses from limnos players. What in God's name was i thinking. Nice work Limnos boys, good to see you keeping up the tradition. :D

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

glad someone brought that up because i was going to add that Vista had the same problem against Limnos because of a cheating ref, but you know, that old chestnut as they say....
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

g'day gents.
Our game was definatley a tough one. As all games are against the hard, physco bosna team. They ended up getting 2 sent off, which were deserved, but we just couldn't capatalise. These guys are always, and yesterday was no exception, a very angry bunch of men. The tackles were flying in all day long. Plenty of stud marks on the players shins after the game, but hey thats div 2 ain't it.
Bosna showed good fight all game long, but not to be biase in any way, they never really did look like taking the lead. We missed one on one after one on one. Thankfully it didn't impact on the result too much. We are learning as a team sometimes a one goal win in div2 is all you need. Just to get the points and get back to the comfort of a home game in the next round. Full credit to Bosna though, they tried all game and really did give us a hard test of our fighting abilities. The easties wagon continues to roll towards div1!!! Thats all we care about really. 8) 8)

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

Well then east boy get your "Wagon" driving in the left hand lane coz the Vista Limousine is coming up on your right hand side. :twisted:

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

harryhandsome1 wrote:Macedonia V Fulham

Reserve game, Clubs who allow people like this to ref games should be ashamed and the league should throw the book at them. In over 20 years of football i have never seen cheating as blatant as this, one player walked off in disgust and two have rather nasty stud marks on there legs this guy made no attempt to be fair or protect our players from the tackle from behind. Hard to play when so many players had to help out the 1st team and playing against that supposed ref.

Please note that not only does the league have a duty of care to the registered players so do the clubs.

First team, well done Fulham great fightback the response in the 2nd half was immense and another couple of minutes would have got us the win especially with 7 players missing. Again the ref was an apology for a referee and was more intent in booking people for chatting than bad tackles and fighting.

Macedonia Football Club, thank you for the welcome we were given in your clubhouse after the game, the lads enjoyed the chicken wings. Hope you have rid yourselves of the three amigos for good. Although the games were niggly the players for the most part behaved and the games were hard and fast.
Well done by Fulham A Grade. B Ref was inspected by official league senior ref - Result was WELL DONE, NEED SAY NO MORE !

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Football_lad wrote:Oh dear... i thought we may have survived a forum topic without reading the winging excuses from limnos players. What in God's name was i thinking. Nice work Limnos boys, good to see you keeping up the tradition. :D

I take it the result was "real" then? Strange result against what has been a shocking Reserve Team

keepinitreal
In Memory of Dylan Tombides
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by keepinitreal »

Redders wrote:
R_FOWLER11 wrote:
Redders wrote:
Dont know if it was saved, it was gift wrapped for him.

Well played to the downs as we fought hard, but our lack of depth showed today. They were just too strong in the 2nd half, but a little bit shakey in the first half. USC had a good chance to go one up, but a good save from the Downs keeper kept it 0-0. Second half downs piled on the pressure and were rewarded 8 mins from time. Game was tough and played in the right spirit. Congrats to downs who move 8 points clear(i think) as Vale lost, surely the championship is theres to lose now.
Redders how come every time your team fails to win you have an excuse such as to many players injured, lack of depth etc.
every team suffers injuries and suspensions throughout the year the downs are now different, you guys got totally outclassed by a far better team on the day and as for shakey in the first half one chance hardly makes a team shakey, dispite poor finishing and a good keeping display by the lion goalkeeper the score should have reflected the downs' dominance
Ok what ever..you thought you outclassed us in the first half???? Good onya.

I said you were superior side, mainly due to your second half onslaught. You guys have a full squad of players. The fact that we had our coach playing sweeper and a reserves player who had played replacing our injured player, shows we are lacking depth. You guys can bring the quality of Butler on at half time, thats a big difference if you ask me.

You guys played well and deserved the win, but you had to fight tooth and nail for it. Its my opinion and thats what forums are for. When you guys lost to Vale, the excuses came rolling out.
as it happens redders we started our game with a player who played a full game for the reserves and then a half for us...due to butler having work commitments....so yes we do have depth, but also have 4 1st team squad members injured.

all in all a good game...your defence played well in the 2nd half...we where thinking it was going to be one of those days.

good result by the way to florina this weeks opponents.

heard there was a couple of send-offs...can anyone elaborate

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

I take it the result was "real" then? Strange result against what has been a shocking Reserve Team[/quote]

So it's gonna be a thrilling last 7 games in the A grade and B grade in Div 2.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

I couldnt give a rats tits if your ref got the okay from GOD hes a cheat and always will be, remember you reap what you sew and this apology of a man will cost you at other grounds when you travel. No offence to the decent guys at your club but when they are on the receiving end of a bad goal or tackle and get no protection from the ref think back to your refs displays.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Wasn't at the games yesterday due to other serious commitments (shut up mufcboy) so I really can't comment too much.

Apparently we had quite a few out yesterday (why? I dont know). Even I didnt believe the b's result until I heard from more than 1 source. Coach tells me he used mostly c grade players and a few of them played 2 games as some b's were ---> a's. Not sure, as i said i wasnt there. Maybe one of the other boys that were there can coment?

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

harryhandsome1 wrote:I couldnt give a rats tits if your ref got the okay from GOD hes a cheat and always will be, remember you reap what you sew and this apology of a man will cost you at other grounds when you travel. No offence to the decent guys at your club but when they are on the receiving end of a bad goal or tackle and get no protection from the ref think back to your refs displays.
What? Are you suggesting that the teams who played Macos away in the first 9 rounds (and got players sent off, penalties given, hit by spectators, shite in their changing rooms etc) might be out for some revenge in the 2nd half of the season.

Surely not!! :twisted:

I think we've arranged for Graham Poll to come over to be an official ref for our game. I think he needs the $60 now...!

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

harryhandsome1 wrote:I couldnt give a rats tits if your ref got the okay from GOD hes a cheat and always will be, remember you reap what you sew and this apology of a man will cost you at other grounds when you travel. No offence to the decent guys at your club but when they are on the receiving end of a bad goal or tackle and get no protection from the ref think back to your refs displays.
You are one angry man Harry, calm down in the end ITs just a game :)

sweet mate productions
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweet mate productions »

ur right it is a game, but everyone likes a fair game not a cheated against game, harry has every right to be shited off, like every other b team that has played at ur home ground
Definition of Cheating &
Let us define cheating as any behavior outside the rules intended to give an unfair advantage
favoring one person or side over another

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

maso pres wrote:
Only 1 point above relegation zone now! I think your club might want to sack 'El Presidente' if you go down. It would be a shame - you'd have to change your username to "Maco water boy". :lol:

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

good result indeed florina have a huge injury list and plenty of ressies stepping up(that's why florina's b's are slipping down the table.)
yes. one florina player sent off for second yellow..

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

maso pres wrote:

Harry is far from alone, it's just a game and supposed to be fun, however every team that's played Maco's this year has said the same thing - why keep denying you have a problem? The worst thing is you have quite a good reserve team but even they hate the cheating.

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

Happy Kopite wrote:
maso pres wrote:

Only 1 point above relegation zone now! I think your club might want to sack 'El Presidente' if you go down. It would be a shame - you'd have to change your username to "Maco water boy". :lol:

PLEASE NO MORE ABOUT MASO B REF , WE GET SHAFTED EVERY WEEK WE DONT CRY ! And do all the clubs we play cheat against us, because you feel hard done by our REF ? HOW SAD FOR OUR GAME !!!!!
HAPPY YOU NEED TO GROW UP CUT THE CRAP AND TALK FOOTBALL

sidopolous
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sidopolous »

Hey Maso, stop coming on hear crying every week when someone has a go at Grahem 'maso ref' Poll. Easy solution mate....use someone else. I am sure one of the muppets would volunteer. especially as you said they are not allowed to support anymore

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

Why do you get shafted every week, we have played the following away games this year

1) Ingle Farm - B Referee was excellent (we lost 3-1)
2) West Beach -B-Referee was excellent (we won 4-1)
3) Pumas - B-Referee was good, (won 6 or 7 -1)
4) Bosna - B Referee not great (but not a cheat!) (drew 2-2)
5) Maco's - B Referee complete disgrace (Drew 1-1)

Fix your problem and people won't have a go! Until you do, expect it!

uncle rico
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Bosna v PHE

Post by uncle rico »

Went up for a look at the first half on the weekend before gridiron training. I saw a PHE player make an absolute meal of the retaliation from the bosna player. After being heavily tackled, it looked like the bosna player tried to get friendly in the PHE's players "crotchal region" with the match ball. The PHE player turned down his advances by screaming like a girl and rolling around the floor. For his trouble the bosna player got sent off. It's good to see a ref actually remember that any retaliation is a straight red. Something which has been let go in the last few years.
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

harryhandsome1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by harryhandsome1 »

I have had my say about the ref and dont take any of it back, dont think i am having a pop at the club or players they made us welcome after the game and will always be welcome at our clubrooms as you all are. I just wish that people realise that in doing the best for there own team it will have the reverse effect when they travel. :wink:

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

not sure how to do one of them POLL things but if the moderaters don't think its hitting a nerve there should be one "as to who thinks the b's ref from maco's is a cheat".maybe that would finally hit home to the pres???.oh what a great div we have this year,tighter than a nuns nasty.
onoir diomasack

BULLDOG
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BULLDOG »

harryhandsome1 wrote:I have had my say about the ref and dont take any of it back, dont think i am having a pop at the club or players they made us welcome after the game and will always be welcome at our clubrooms as you all are. I just wish that people realise that in doing the best for there own team it will have the reverse effect when they travel. :wink:
i 100% agree harry,there's many a member at our club that wants to ref there fixture at our ground,but to prevent us being but in the same mould as them i'll be doing my best to get an official ref.for the pres to say"its just a game" well its only a game if both teams have a fair crack at it!!!!!!!!!!!.
onoir diomasack

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Like its already been said 100 times Maso's dont have a abundance of refs to pick from! I was watching the game and i never actually saw any Fulham boys protesting anything and thought it was a good game! I honestly cant remember there being any problems!

uncle rico
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by uncle rico »

If you change the rezzie's ref at maco's, won't it be an advantage for the clubs who haven't played there yet coz they'd get a fair go?????
How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

LION
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LION »

Yeah got to keep it the same for everyone now! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D