Trial Game results

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Trial Game results

Post by Mr X »

Any results - Post them here

Florina 2 (M Andrea 2) drew Masoes 2 - McGregor playing first team again

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)

topcorner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by topcorner »

TTG 8-2 Para hills lions

Chopper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Trial Game results

Post by Chopper »

[quote="Mr X"]Any results - Post them here

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)[/quote]

My prediction is for McGregor to kick Mr X :D :D

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Between the Sticks »

Mr X wrote:Any results - Post them here

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)
Was a good outing for the mu lions...thanks to the florina club for their hospitatlity and to the ref who had an outstanding game...i wish we could have him every week....

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

St Peters 2 Mercedes OC 1

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Handy_man wrote:

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)
Was a good outing for the mu lions...thanks to the florina club for their hospitatlity and to the ref who had an outstanding game...i wish we could have him every week....
MATE YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE THE LAST PERSON COMPLAINING ABOUT REFEREE'S! NO WONDER WE CAN'T GET REFEREE'S AFTER SEEING THAT GAME! I WOULDN'T COP THE ABUSE FOR $60 A GAME & IT WAS A FRIENDLY WHAT A JOKE!

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

A's: Croatia Vukovi 3 v 4 Africa All Stars

B's Croatia Vukovi 7 - 1 Africa All Stars
"This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves."

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

BILL SHANKLY

steedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by steedy »

the DOWNS played the Peckers...
A's drew 1-1...

B's lost 2-1.......

nothing much to say about the games, its only pre season... benny had a cracker... still got lots of players not being risked...

even i'm still getting a run in the ressies.....lol.... i'm not feeling the best.. got smashed by the goal keeper, not once but twice.... all good though..

all the best for the Peckers this season, they will be hard to beat....
The PRIDE the PASSION..
We're in the biggest army the league has ever seen
and we are marching as one on the road to a league title...
NULLI SECUNDUS....
2012... year of the DOWNS............U LOOSE TO THE MAROONS :-)

nachoman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by nachoman »

Big Brummie wrote:St Peters 2 Mercedes OC 1
Hey Brummie
how did Jarrod , Oli and Saggs go ?

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

nugget66 wrote:
Handy_man wrote:

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)
MATE YOU OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD BE THE LAST PERSON COMPLAINING ABOUT REFEREE'S! NO WONDER WE CAN'T GET REFEREE'S AFTER SEEING THAT GAME! I WOULDN'T COP THE ABUSE FOR $60 A GAME & IT WAS A FRIENDLY WHAT A JOKE!
what abuse are you talking about...i didnt abuse the ref at all and if you read my comment i said he did a great job...or are you perhaps confusing me with the end of game incidident with the opposition coach????and for the record my support is with the Florina coach..... for every action there is a re-action and everyone needs to take some responsibility including referees.... and it was a trial game not a 'friendly"...... tell me the last time you saw a friendly between the downs and the vale????
Last edited by Between the Sticks on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

club man
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by club man »

The LIONS had no problem with the REF Mr nugget, we think he had a fair game.The other coach had something to say to the ref and got a red card for his comments.

nugget66 wrote:
Handy_man wrote:

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

nachoman wrote:
Hey Brummie
I know Saggs got a corkie. You should have heard him sooking like a blouse this morning. It's about time someone kicked him. He sure dishes a fair bit out.

Prediction: Saggs to get his standard three red cards again this season.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

I agree Farmer Joe. He is going soft in his old age. Going from sunday to saturday league, so he can play lawn bowls with you old man on sunday :roll: :roll:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

East Boy wrote:I agree Farmer Joe. He is going soft in his old age. Going from sunday to saturday league, so he can play lawn bowls with you old man on sunday :roll: :roll:
True dat. I guess he is a twin and unfortunately for him his brother Chris received an unequal share of the good looks, hardness and silky skills. :D

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Chopper wrote:

PHW 5 d PHW 0 (internal)
My prediction is for McGregor to kick Mr X :D :D
You are a tool Chopper !
Why dont you finally admit what club your from loser !

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

A's

Fulham 5 - Vikings 2

B's

Fulham 2 - Vikings 1

Good first hit out for both A's and B's.

Better indication of where we are at in next 2 weeks when we play PHW and Ingle Farm.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

Farmer Joe wrote:
East Boy wrote:I agree Farmer Joe. He is going soft in his old age. Going from sunday to saturday league, so he can play lawn bowls with you old man on sunday :roll: :roll:
True dat. I guess he is a twin and unfortunately for him his brother Chris received an unequal share of the good looks, hardness and silky skills. :D
Dont be telling him that. He'll get a big head. Especially coming from you! :D :D

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

[quote="club man"]The LIONS had no problem with the REF Mr nugget, we think he had a fair game.The other coach had something to say to the ref and got a red card for his comments.

what??? you just said the referee did a good job & you had no problem with him & yet you support the florina coach abusing the referee ??? enough to get a card ???

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

Farmer Joe wrote:
nachoman wrote:
Hey Brummie
I know Saggs got a corkie. You should have heard him sooking like a blouse this morning. It's about time someone kicked him. He sure dishes a fair bit out.

Prediction: Saggs to get his standard three red cards again this season.
yeah i second that prediction,still a good pick up for the saints tho.

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

nachoman wrote:
Hey Brummie
Oli and Andy did well, Oli bagged the 1st and probably should've had a couple more. Dedecke didn't play, not sure why.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Big Brummie wrote:
nachoman wrote:
Hey Brummie
Oli and Andy did well, Oli bagged the 1st and probably should've had a couple more. Dedecke didn't play, not sure why.
Did tyson play? Any more on weather he is playing this year or not?

Pi55 Take
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pi55 Take »

Jay Walking wrote:
Big Brummie wrote:
nachoman wrote:
Hey Brummie
Did tyson play? Any more on weather he is playing this year or not?
No he's moving interstate, starts his new job next week I believe.

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

athelstone 5 plympton 2

Between the Sticks
Squad Player
Squad Player

nugget66 wrote:
club man wrote:The LIONS had no problem with the REF Mr nugget, we think he had a fair game.The other coach had something to say to the ref and got a red card for his comments.

what??? you just said the referee did a good job & you had no problem with him & yet you support the florina coach abusing the referee ??? enough to get a card ???
nugget..you got all your wires crossed and shows how much attention you actually pay to anything..... club man and handy man are 2 different people so dont crosswire their quotes..... and let me tell you that the ref was good..... but a great ref wouldve defused the situation and not had the need to reach for cards especially in a 'trial' game.....cards in trial games only appease the ego but are of no benefit to anyone as the suspensions begin in league games.....perhaps all 'trials should be played without officials.....nuff said...good luck to you and your club....

Di Canio
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Di Canio »

steedy wrote:the DOWNS played the Peckers...
A's drew 1-1...

B's lost 2-1.......

nothing much to say about the games, its only pre season... benny had a cracker... still got lots of players not being risked...

even i'm still getting a run in the ressies.....lol.... i'm not feeling the best.. got smashed by the goal keeper, not once but twice.... all good though..

Hehe, You brought it on your self Steedy, I reckon you tried to take our keeper out on the first occasion but he protected himself well. I think in the second clash he just gave you one for good measure. :wink:

Overall it was a good fair physical game though, all good lads in the Downs team...except for that Rob upfront, he's a peanut.
I'm very happy to have moved to West Ham, because I can play for a better team than Sheffield Wednesday.
- Paolo Di Canio

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

yep, got me two penalties, missed two sitters and a partridge in a pear tree! :D
just had me hot bath to soothe the ache in my legs and hasn't done fck all.
it's days like this u feel like quiting.
as for the ref, i think did a good job up until the last defender took me out and only got a yellow. My knee is still feeling the effects. things got out of hand from there on. Big trev carried on a bit, but that's trev. ref was too relaxed in giving cards early but overall decision making was good (in respect to free kicks given etc)
Still need more fitness, more game time and definetly more ball work, as couldn't dribble past a lamp post yesterday. my grandma could have had a better game.
see a few boys from other teams spying from the sidelines. were u one of them Mr X?
Big boutso in golo!

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

A's drew 1-1...

B's lost 2-1.......

Glad to hear Ben is doing well, I would have thought that the Downs would have beaten Munno Para and The Grove but as Legga states its only pre season BUT I bet they want a win and a clean sheet under there belt soon. Wont be against TTG though :lol: Ha Ha

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Left Right Out wrote:
A's drew 1-1...

B's lost 2-1.......

Glad to hear Ben is doing well, I would have thought that the Downs would have beaten Munno Para and The Grove but as Legga states its only pre season BUT I bet they want a win and a clean sheet under there belt soon. Wont be against TTG though :lol: Ha Ha
Will Krollig be partnering you upfront LRO?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Are you playing at Gullies this year LRO??

Spellow House
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Spellow House »

Modbury Vista B's 4
Gleeson B's 0
EVERTONIANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED. WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND, NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT....DONT MATTER!