TTG Coaching Situation

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: ttg and the coach without balls

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Jay Walking wrote:The rumour I have heard is that Hassell is now the player coach.

Not sure about this bit though but this is what I was told, Jimmy Mitchell wanted the job but the players prefered to have Hassell so he got the gig.

I doubt this is the case because as far as I knew, Jimmy was only interested in been the caretaker until someone else could be found.

Anyone from Gully care to confirm/deny?
We can confirm Hass is the new (player) coach for TTG. On behalf of the TTGCSC we would like to thank Jimmy Mitchell for his time and effort until a suitable coach could be found. Cheers Jimmy :wink: All the best to Hass and the players for 2008 :wink:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

GULLY BOYZ wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:The rumour I have heard is that Hassell is now the player coach.

Not sure about this bit though but this is what I was told, Jimmy Mitchell wanted the job but the players prefered to have Hassell so he got the gig.

I doubt this is the case because as far as I knew, Jimmy was only interested in been the caretaker until someone else could be found.

Anyone from Gully care to confirm/deny?
We can confirm Hass is the new (player) coach for TTG. On behalf of the TTGCSC we would like to thank Jimmy Mitchell for his time and effort until a suitable coach could be found. Cheers Jimmy :wink: All the best to Hass and the players for 2008 :wink:
Best of luck boots. I guess you'll finally get that birth up front that you've been dreaming about for so long. :lol:

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

topcorner wrote:I would have to agree Farmer Joe, boots would have the backing of all the players!
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

imanoutlaw wrote:Anyone is better than no one!! :!:
"The trouble with referees , they know the rules , but they don't know the game." Bill Shankly

topcorner
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by topcorner »

whats your point redfred?
No one likes us, We dont care!

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

"Jimmy Mitchell wanted the job but the players prefered to have Hassell so he got the gig."

wasnt damo there prior? why did they bother with jim mitch?
players picking coach?
new coach should be ok the players like him

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

redfred wrote:"Jimmy Mitchell wanted the job but the players prefered to have Hassell so he got the gig."

wasnt damo there prior? why did they bother with jim mitch?
players picking coach?
new coach should be ok the players like him
Mate where do you get your incorrect Information from?

No players were asked who they prefered!

Jimmy filled in and as far as Im aware the club was always looking for a "Full time coach" and I think Jimmy knew this too, Damien is a great player with years of experience and will do a great job, Jimmy was thanked in the club after training on Wed night everyone attended and all is good.

The club doesnt need your opinions put onto this website, stick to facts mate.

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

got it from farmer joe???

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

redfred wrote: got it from farmer joe???
my advice : dont rob a bank with this man !

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

nugget66 wrote:
redfred wrote: got it from farmer joe???
my advice : dont rob a bank with this man !
LOL nice one.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Whats this i hear Niell 'the motivator' Mckenzie is out there considering taking the offer of coach up??! does boots have competition for the job even before he's begun?!!

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

I saw the TTG game on the weekend, close to home for me, what position does boots play on the park?

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

Jesus there's a lot of false information on here about our coaching position isn't there.

There's no need for me to say anything else about the situation as Left Right Out has covered everything I would've said. I'm very curious to hear where people are getting their info from?
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

J5 wrote:I saw the TTG game on the weekend, close to home for me, what position does boots play on the park?
Boots plays as a defender in the center of defense
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

So probably the guy screaming at his players and half-sweeping.

Although I don't blame him when his left back was chatting to the crowd at the half-way line while he was trying to organise defending a free kick.

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

Monkey Boy wrote:Whats this i hear Niell 'the motivator' Mckenzie is out there considering taking the offer of coach up??! does boots have competition for the job even before he's begun?!!
u cheeky monkey your info is half right,i rang neil (Mckenzie ???) Henderson myself to see if he was interested in helping out with the coaching.because i am playing and coaching i wanted an extra set of eyes on the sideline.i think if neil accepts our offer he will be much more than that.

and just for the record boots played the holding roll in the centre of midfield.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Good luck for the season boots.

Hopefully we will see you for a kickaround at our ground next summer again.

Cleartey_Erse
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Cleartey_Erse »

Someone told me they had a policy of no player coaches, A's & B's coaches are both player coaches now, I am told, is it because nobody wants to coach them now, so they have to get players to do it.

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

boots wrote:
Monkey Boy wrote:Whats this i hear Niell 'the motivator' Mckenzie is out there considering taking the offer of coach up??! does boots have competition for the job even before he's begun?!!
u cheeky monkey your info is half right,i rang neil (Mckenzie ???) Henderson myself to see if he was interested in helping out with the coaching.because i am playing and coaching i wanted an extra set of eyes on the sideline.i think if neil accepts our offer he will be much more than that.

and just for the record boots played the holding roll in the centre of midfield.
Is this where all your years of Pro Evo and it's formations come to the fore :?: (Miss them tournaments): Nah seriously as you said you can't coach and play at the same time if your going to do both properly :wink: all the best in the coaching and for the season :!:

legga
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by legga »

This time next year you will be bitching saying how he wasnt the right guy for the job blah blah blah. Hass will be sacked like everyone else at club turnover. :P :P :P :P :P :P
There is no I in team, but there is a u in suck...

Cyril 33
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Cyril 33 »

Cleartey_Erse wrote:Someone told me they had a policy of no player coaches, A's & B's coaches are both player coaches now, I am told, is it because nobody wants to coach them now, so they have to get players to do it.
So tell me - who told you that crap.
Life moves pretty fast, if you dont stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it !

Talk Is Cheap
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Talk Is Cheap »

Steven C Gull

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

legga wrote:This time next year you will be bitching saying how he wasnt the right guy for the job blah blah blah. Hass will be sacked like everyone else at club turnover. :P :P :P :P :P :P
Legga I know this post is written in Jest with Sacrcasm involved and I did laugh BUT I think that you should worry about your own club at the moment mate!! Theres a few posts on here about your club and you are all very quiet.

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

boots wrote:

Haha. Sorry Boots, Mckenzie was an old player wasn't he?!! Hendo... thats the one, couldn't get it out when i was posting. That just what I heard, that he was 'considering' taking up the post?? he is a good bloke though and wouldn't stiff u over. Good idea though mate, and good luck for the season.

Ps. Krollig is looking a bit trim since coming back from the Wilderness?!!

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

Monkey Boy wrote:i rang neil (Mckenzie ???) Henderson myself to see if he was interested in helping out with the coaching.
is that 5 coaches in 6 months :wink:
will be interesting to see if these 2 are on the same page this week especially :cry:

Car Park Keeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Car Park Keeper »

Boots (Hass) I know you were not in the frame when this post was started but you may want to disassociate yourself from this topic. Somehow the topic headline may not be how you want to be known "Coach without balls" (just a thought).

avenell_road
Star Player
Star Player

Post by avenell_road »

Car Park Keeper wrote:Boots (Hass) I know you were not in the frame when this post was started but you may want to disassociate yourself from this topic. Somehow the topic headline may not be how you want to be known "Coach without balls" (just a thought).
Point well made. I have changed the name of the topic to more appropriately describe the content.

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: TTG Coaching Situation

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Thankyou avenell_road ! :wink:
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

Grove to smash the gully 4-0 this week i reckon. from what i hear haas couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper bag.
cleveland rocks!

redfred
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by redfred »

bit harsh on hass!! by 1 will do :)