Cup Round Results

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Cup Round Results

Post by BocaChiefs »

U14's
Western Strikers 1-0 Campbelltown (A)
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

Flashin D8
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: Cup Round Results

Post by Flashin D8 »

U/15s Modbury 3-7 Para Hills

Ze Germans
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ze Germans »

U/17A

West Adelaide Blues 3 Campbelltown 2

well done lads

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Seaford (U17C) 0-3 Campbelltown (U17B) - Forfeit

Sign Him
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sign Him »

17A Playford 4-2 Salisbury C's

Sign Him
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Sign Him »

U15B Salisbury 10-0 Cobra B's

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Ze Germans wrote:U/17A

well done lads
Unlucky for Campbelltown, after a 2-1 victory in a league match at the start of the season they couldn't repeat it again, but it is always hard coming up against former winners. Park 27B is a place hard to win at, good luck to West Adelaide for the remainder of the cup.
Xplosive wrote:Seaford (U17C) 0-3 Campbelltown (U17B) - Forfeit
Seaford wouldn't have won anyway, it was maybe better to forfeit then to lose by even more.

Good Luck to Campbelltown 17B's

"now thats sexy football"

Ze Germans
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ze Germans »

pulse wrote:
Ze Germans wrote:U/17A

well done lads
Unlucky for Campbelltown, after a 2-1 victory in a league match at the start of the season they couldn't repeat it again, but it is always hard coming up against former winners. Park 27B is a place hard to win at, good luck to West Adelaide for the remainder of the cup.
Xplosive wrote:Seaford (U17C) 0-3 Campbelltown (U17B) - Forfeit
Seaford wouldn't have won anyway, it was maybe better to forfeit then to lose by even more.

Good Luck to Campbelltown 17B's

Pulse, dont understand your post.

West adelaide U/17A team has only one player in the squad that played in the U/15A final that they won at Hindmarsh. From the U15A team, 4 got SASI contracts, 5 are playing in the West Adelaide U/19 at Reserve teams, 1 is playing at Metro Stars U/19s 2 gave the game away, and 1 quit before the season ceased in 2007.

This was a whole new squad bar 1

Mr.T_69
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mr.T_69 »

Para Hills 14A 12 - 0 Playford 14C
"Get some nuts"

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

The less said about the referee in todays match in the U17 Cup between West Adelaide and Campbelltown the better.... I thought he destroyed the game with his blatant favouritism / inconsistency.

Campbelltown players were booked for the most ridiculous things, including one player booked for accidentally knocking a corner flag over while attempting to set the ball up for a corner he was taking. Utterly ridiculous. And how West Adelaide's sweeper (african lad) stayed on the park I will never know. Committed THREE fouls after being booked early and was not shown the red.

I hope the ref reads this and has a good hard look at himself and his performance. Ruined a very competitive match.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Xplosive wrote:The less said about the referee in todays match in the U17 Cup between West Adelaide and Campbelltown the better.... I thought he destroyed the game with his blatant favouritism / inconsistency.

Campbelltown players were booked for the most ridiculous things, including one player booked for accidentally knocking a corner flag over while attempting to set the ball up for a corner he was taking. Utterly ridiculous. And how West Adelaide's sweeper (african lad) stayed on the park I will never know. Committed THREE fouls after being booked early and was not shown the red.

I hope the ref reads this and has a good hard look at himself and his performance. Ruined a very competitive match.
Xplosive, are you saying West Adelaide were lucky to win and not have a man sent off, the question is who dominated the game?

Ze Germans
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ze Germans »

Xplosive, the yellow card was for PULLING it out.

The african lad?..made a great powerful tackle in the end of the game that saw the Campbelltown lad go down but it was ball on ball, his strength was too strong.

Lets be honest, they went 2-0 down, scored from a free kick that was never a free kick, equalised from a blatant goalkeeping error when the ball went under him from a free kick. Two hand balls for two penalties. One was a handball as the ball was going into the goal and the first handball was given a penalty as that too was going into goal. Campbelltown only received one red card for penalty but not even a yellow for the first?...I would say that has to be a yellow at the very least for a penalty.

But it was a good game. next time I think the U/17 lads who play in the 19s and reserves might actually get a run too if they dont get too much game time.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Campbelltown were better skilled, better in a tactical sense, and better coached. Had the referee given the decisions that were there and left those that weren't, then there is no question Campbelltown would have won.

West Adelaide did not seem very well coached, and it made me laugh when after scoring to go 1-0 up, the ball approached their right full back who had all the time in the world to make a pass, as no one was closing him down. What was the instruction shouted at him by the coach?

......"GET IT OUT OF HERE".

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Apparently according to my sources, West Adelaide had 2 penalties when the first one had hit the Campbelltown player in the stomach, the ref had thought it hit his arm so awarded the penalty, I am pretty sure the arm and stomach makes two different noises when both struck with the ball. Campbelltown were down 2-0 and managed to bring it back to 2-2, then the african kid in the backline blatently pushed a Campbelltown player after already being on a caution and got nothing, obviously was a send off from what I'm hearing. Then a lucky break, Blues get a corner, the african player wins the header, but ball was going wide Campbelltown players handles the ball, sent off. In my opinion on these facts, West Adelaide were lucky, Campbelltown dominated the game, Campbelltown needed to bury there chances early with all that pressure on West Adelaide's Defence in the first half. Unlucky to lose.

BliNk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BliNk »

U17
Adelaide City 3 - Adelaide Blue Eagles 0.

TheBallIsRound_DUH?
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBallIsRound_DUH? »

Commets U/14c 0-13 Modbury Jets U/14a

interpool
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by interpool »

modbury u16s 2 v comets 3 i believe?

Kreas
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kreas »

what was the score in the metro croydon game

Kreas
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kreas »

how did adelaide city play

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

U16Bs - Birks vs Panthers 4-2

Panthers 1 - 0 at half time, looking like keeping it that way.
Birks came back in the second and started playing the best they have all year 1-1 at full time.

No score in extra time so it went to a penalty shootout.

One Birkalla shot went high.
One Panthers shot hit the post and one was stopped by the keeper - they didn't take their last shot.

Panthers were short on players - only had one on the bench who may not have got a run (he arrived late and I think was an U15 player). In contrast, Birkalla had a full bench and rotated well. In the end though, the result was more a case of Birkalla lifting their game than the Panthers running out of legs - the Panthers' boys did very well and kept the pressure on right to the end, the Birkalla team finally found the confidence to put it all together.

First half, ho hum.
Second half, much more interesting.
Extra time very exciting.
Penalty shootout was the usual sickening contest that they always are. I felt sorry for the Panthers keeper who found it rather hard to leave the goal area after the match.

The ref has his usual quirky game but didn't influence the result.

BliNk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by BliNk »

adelaide city played very well.
not too sure about blue eagles but they really didnt show a great deal of skill, for a undefeated team.
score reflects the game perfectly.

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

Strikers wrote:how did adelaide city play
I heard one report of an AC team giving someone a 30-0 drubbing :shock:

Also reports of an U17 game (not AC) being cancelled late saturday ie, parents being told 6:30 at night and later - isn't there some rule about 24 hours notice?

Kreas
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kreas »

i think that blue eagles have just been lucky to be where they are now

Ze Germans
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Ze Germans »

Xplosive wrote:Campbelltown were better skilled, better in a tactical sense, and better coached. Had the referee given the decisions that were there and left those that weren't, then there is no question Campbelltown would have won.

West Adelaide did not seem very well coached, and it made me laugh when after scoring to go 1-0 up, the ball approached their right full back who had all the time in the world to make a pass, as no one was closing him down. What was the instruction shouted at him by the coach?

LOL...

West adelaide never at any stage were behind in the game. they led twice and finished up winning the game. No luck, just a better team effort.

Seems to me Campbelltown scored twice, did not create many other opportunites. I think West Adelaide scored 3 times. Usually when you score 3 and the opposition scores twice u win!!

U people conveniently forgot to mention the one on one in the first half that hit the cross bar. You have not mention the goalkeeper error that led to the campbelltown second goal. Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good hard luck story.

It was a well fought, hard game where the better team won and who have learned much from the league game where West Adelaide once again led one nil only to lose 2-1. Lesson learned.

Lets see how campbelltown cope with a striker next time (who was cup tied, with under 19s) that can run 100m in 11 seconds when he fronts up against a very slow back line that incorporates two 6 2" plus players in the centre of defence. Newton sports ground is much bigger than B27 so he will exploit them.

West Adelaide knocked out what alot of u people thought was favorite for the cup.

question now...and is obvious because we know it will happen, is how many of Campbelltown's A players will end up playing in the B team in the next round. Hope it does as its track record in these matters is second to none.
Last edited by Ze Germans on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kreas
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kreas »

does anybody now the score between adel hill and enfield

Offender
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Offender »

!
Last edited by Offender on Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Ze Germans wrote:
Xplosive wrote:Campbelltown were better skilled, better in a tactical sense, and better coached. Had the referee given the decisions that were there and left those that weren't, then there is no question Campbelltown would have won.

LOL...

West adelaide never at any stage were behind in the game. they led twice and finished up winning the game. No luck, just a better team effort.

Seems to me Campbelltown scored twice, did not create many other opportunites. I think West Adelaide scored 3 times. Usually when you score 3 and the opposition scores twice u win!!

U people conveniently forgot to mention the one on one in the first half that hit the cross bar. You have not mention the goalkeeper error that led to the campbelltown second goal. Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good hard luck story.

It was a well fought, hard game where the better team won and who have learned much from the league game where West Adelaide once again led one nil only to lose 2-1. Lesson learned.

Lets see how campbelltown cope with a striker next time (who was cup tied, with under 19s) that can run 100m in 11 seconds when he fronts up against a very slow back line that incorporates two 6 2" plus players in the centre of defence. Newton sports ground is much bigger than B27 so he will exploit them.

West Adelaide knocked out what alot of u people thought was favorite for the cup.

question now...and is obvious because we know it will happen, is how many of Campbelltown's A players will end up playing in the B team in the next round. Hope it does as its track record in these matters is second to none.
Firstly, you mention a keeper error for Campbelltown's second goal. That's all well and good, but did you see your second goal? Horror error from our keeper. You had to rely on two penalties (one of which was incorrect) to win the match.

Secondly, you say Campbelltown will not cope with your super fast striker who was cup tied to the U19s. I put it to you that your less talented full backs will be undone by the expansive passing on the much bigger Newton Sports Ground. They only got away with it today because your pitch is smaller than most. Trust me, they will be found out on the main pitch at Newton.

Thirdly, those two 6'2" players in Campbelltown's defence have more talent than most of your team, and are both special players who will be in Campbelltown's first team before long.

Also, your last question references those Campbelltown A players who will end up playing in the B team in the next round. I can confidently tell you that out of the 30 players that the combined A's & B's squads have, the ones who were NOT on the teamsheet today will be playing for the B's as they are not cup tied to anyone. Anyone who was on the sheet today will not play another cup game this season. Take that as fact.

Lastly, before you edited your post, you mentioned that the coaching instruction of "GET IT OUT OF HERE" was due to that players limitations. Excuse me if I am wrong here, but isn't the coach responsible for improving players? Isn't that what we are all here for in the juniors? If that is anyone's idea of good coaching instruction.... please let me know.

West Adelaide got very lucky with the allocation of ref today. That's basically it.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Ze Germans wrote:

LOL...

Ze Germans, of course your point of view is only of the winning side today, but put yourself in Campbelltown's shoes and if those decisions went against you, without 2 penalties you would've lost 2-1. Your looking at this game like nothing was wrong with the referee, but there was according to reports from other users on this forum such as Xplosive who was at the game.

West Adelaide don't deserve to be in the next round, but I know thats not possible now because they are already through, I know arguing about this won't change the fact that the scoreline will remain 3-2 to West Adelaide. Campbelltown can feel hard done by, because they were eliminated out of the cup not by a better team but by a referee.

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

I heard one report of an AC team giving someone a 30-0 drubbing :shock:
That ones a fact , I was at game
Under 15
Beverly lions (C)0 - Adel City (A)30
West Adelaide (B)1 - Gawler (C)4

Under 14
Beverly Lions (C)0 - Gawler (B)8

Under 13
West Adelaide (?)2 - Gawler (C)1

Anyone know how other Gawler teams went?

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Re today's West Adel- Campbelltown 17's game, the better team won today as the better team won 2 weeks ago & yes i saw both games.
To the Campbelltown people complaining about today's referee i'll add one thing to that. If it was it Richco doing the game today then yes Campbelltown would of won but "unfortunately" we had a "neutral" referee.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO