Best Junior Coach?

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

BliNk
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Best Junior Coach?

Post by BliNk »

Hello

I am wanting to know from others in the soccer community who they think is the best juniors coach.
At this point of time my vote would go to Mark Zito. Who has been coaching at Adelaide city for a while, this year he is coaching adelaide city U17's.
He is a hard worker and can really rev the boys up before a match.
Not only is it about his coaching but he has a good personality and is a friendly person.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Best Junior Coach?

Post by Xplosive »

It is quite obvious you play for the coach in question.

I don't think anyone can confidently say who the best junior coach is. The measure of such a title would be determined by how many players under his tutelage go on to represent senior teams.

I know of some coaches who have been coaching junior soccer for years who's names you would never have heard of, but they have been involved in setups that consistently pump out senior players not only to the club they are coaching at but for many other clubs, when those players move around.

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

Gawlers under 14's Coach...................... just ask the lads in the team!!

Just like plenty of other lads will say their coach is the best

Silly topic

Hollygirl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hollygirl »

Xplosive wrote:It is quite obvious you play for the coach in question.

I don't think anyone can confidently say who the best junior coach is. The measure of such a title would be determined by how many players under his tutelage go on to represent senior teams.
I know of some coaches who have been coaching junior soccer for years who's names you would never have heard of, but they have been involved in setups that consistently pump out senior players not only to the club they are coaching at but for many other clubs, when those players move around.
I disagree....it can be easy to be a great coach if you are with a club that continually has the best players trial...the best coach is the one that can get the most out of every player. Those that are gifted will be so no matter who their coach is....it is the marginal player that will be influenced by a great coach... :D

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

carmine cavauto of NAB 17's

all old fashioned coach but continues to mix it up

also is a classic on the side of the pitch while the boyz are playing...the stuff he says makes u piss urself laughing

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

Hollygirl wrote:
Xplosive wrote:It is quite obvious you play for the coach in question.

I disagree....it can be easy to be a great coach if you are with a club that continually has the best players trial...the best coach is the one that can get the most out of every player. Those that are gifted will be so no matter who their coach is....it is the marginal player that will be influenced by a great coach... :D
I still believe the best junior coaches put the most junior players through to a senior squad. It's that simple. Take the example of the academy coach at Man City. This may be an English Premier League club but the principles remain.

Can't remember his name now but he is pumping an immense amount of talent through that academy into the first team at Man City. Nedum Onuoha, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Daniel Sturridge, Stephen Ireland, Michael Johnson, Micah Richards, Kasper Schmeichel... the list goes on. His Man City youth team also made the 2008 FA Youth Cup Final and defeated my beloved Chelsea's youth team 4-2 on aggregate in a 2-leg final.

Now this guy is a special coach because he is taking these (all local) juniors and they are all consistently pumping through to the senior squad. That, I believe, is the measure of a great junior coach.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Juvefan 08 wrote:carmine cavauto of NAB 17's

also is a classic on the side of the pitch while the boyz are playing...the stuff he says makes u piss urself laughing
I beg to differ, in my opinion a good coach will not be coaching at NAB juniors :lol:

"now thats sexy football"

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

pulse wrote:
Juvefan 08 wrote:carmine cavauto of NAB 17's

I beg to differ, in my opinion a good coach will not be coaching at NAB juniors :lol:
You forget that the most most players will get out of the game is character development. Carmine is a great bloke and was once a gifted young player at Campbelltown. It is great to hear he is putting back into the essence of football.

justasupporter
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by justasupporter »

This is not for the best junior coach but certainly worth a mention.

At the U15 game I was at yesterday (cup round) 1 being an "A" team and the other a "B" team. The "A's" being a much stronger side then the "B's". A spectator asked the linesman what the score was so far and the reply was alot to 1. But what he said next I thought was really nice as he was from the opposition. He said he gave lots of credit to the coach.......as this "B" team has lots of new boys in it who haven't played club soccer before and also some who haven't played at all. So well done to ........... you know who you are.... for the patience and encouragement you show towards your boys.:D

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

I beg to differ, in my opinion a good coach will not be coaching at NAB juniors
so pulse you think the good coaches are only at the glamor clubs.

what a tosser you are :lol:

[JETS-ALL-THE-WAY]
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by [JETS-ALL-THE-WAY] »

i think one of the best coaches going around is dawyne gray a great coach
:) :) :)

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

[JETS-ALL-THE-WAY] wrote:i think one of the best coaches going around is dawyne gray a great coach
Couldn't have read his name that many times as you can't even spell it properly. Then again smurfs were never that good at sckhool :shock:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

rabbit wrote:
[JETS-ALL-THE-WAY] wrote:i think one of the best coaches going around is dawyne gray a great coach
Couldn't have read his name that many times as you can't even spell it properly. Then again smurfs were never that good at sckhool :shock:
Ha Ha Rabbit, you crak me up ! :D

We never did skool at smurfland, too busy playing soccer :mrgreen:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Barney Rubble wrote:
rabbit wrote:
Ha Ha Rabbit, you crak me up ! :D

We never did skool at smurfland, too busy playing soccer :mrgreen:
Then you would think you'd be good at it by now wouldn't you.....oops, I've just seen the league tables :oops:

ze_camel
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ze_camel »

Martin Evans.

para hills u14s or 15s not to sure.

class coach had him when he was coaching down at tea tree gully.

mattieg1200
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by mattieg1200 »

deigo wrote:Martin Evans.

16s actually.. i disagree lol.. only jokin mate..
R.I.P Robbo 8th June 2006
R.I.P Konny 1st July 2007

Liverpool-Champions of Europe 2005

FOOTBALL_JET_LAD #9
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by FOOTBALL_JET_LAD #9 »

personally i think the best coach going round is elvis markov

i have play under him and he has excellent coaching ability :D

ze_camel
Star Player
Star Player

Post by ze_camel »

mattieg1200 wrote:
deigo wrote:Martin Evans.

16s actually.. i disagree lol.. only jokin mate..
probably best coach to take a young group of kids.

:D

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Having dealt with many a Junior coaches over the last 10 years i can say that there are not enough good coaches un go around. Too many are just about winning at all cost & the onus is on the club un put certain practices in place un curb these coaches.
One of the key indicators as un a successful development coach is how many players he has coached progress un a higher level.
I'll make special mention of West Adelaide's 15 coach from 2007 who had a group of boys for 2 season. From last years team 3 players were taken into SASI, 1 plays Reserves & 4 playing 19's.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

I agree with that one Filikis Eterias, given at between 13 & 16 players develop mentally and phsically at different rates keeping their skill levels up during this period and playing as a team takes a lot of work.

Agree with the 2-years tenure as well :D

How many of those U15's were actually able to play U14's ?

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Last years West Adelaide 15's had 5 players born in 93.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

Filikis Eterias wrote:I'll make special mention of West Adelaide's 15 coach from 2007 who had a group of boys for 2 season. From last years team 3 players were taken into SASI, 1 plays Reserves & 4 playing 19's.
Seeing you're making a 'special mention' of him, you should also point out that he could be extremely harsh and had players actively trying to escape from his team. I'm afraid that I put him squarely in the 'results above everything' class. Having said that, he certainly got results, though you should also point out that his squad was carefully held together over a three years thanks to the club's selection policy, something that is a good move in my opinion though in this case, its application was rather insular to the detriment of players in other squads. I think the man has every right to be proud of his achievement but there were enough negatives and external influences to remove his right to a 'special mention'.

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Can't believe that me and Barney haven't had a mention on here :shock: So, I'll do it.......me and Barney :!:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Has beans mate :clown:

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

Barney Rubble wrote:Has beans mate :clown:
A rabbit on beans? Does that help his hopping trajectory?

Seriously boys, I would give you a mention if I had any idea who you are ... unless you beat my son's mob of course :wink:

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

I don't know Barney, but I'll give Rabbit credit where it's due as over the years I see he is commited to the cause and puts in a good effort into junior "developement" :wink:
I'm sure he isn't asking for recognition :!: :D

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Well that case, I can give a vote to Barney. Always looked at the big picture (from an individual and team point of view) and did bl00dy well considering his physical limitations last season. Well in, M8y. :wink:
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

See Barney.....we do have fans.......1 each :P :P

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

rabbit wrote:See Barney.....we do have fans.......1 each :P :P