Mercy Rule ????

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

supporter
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Mercy Rule ????

Post by supporter »

mattieg1200 wrote:
supporter wrote:
mattieg1200 wrote:yer nah i dont agree wif it but its probably fair to those teams who are getting thrashed.. its ok for rabbit when you are winnin 12-0 but take a look at thos eteams losin..

it wud prolly only be fair for cup games cuz league could be decided on goals etc.

whats all this broken engrish mattieg.... is it because you work in a chinese resturant :?: :lol:
are u stalkin me ? lol.. how da shiraz u kno that

:lol: I will let you know who I am next time I see you......... say hi to your dad..... and tell him his jokes are getting worse. :wink:

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

mattieg1200 wrote:
rabbit wrote::lol: :lol: Must be ya legs......they look like chopsticks !!
a bit fragile hey.. bit like ya back isnt it ??? :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

You ok for the weekend Rabbit or do you need SC2 to help :lol:
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Barney Rubble wrote:You ok for the weekend Rabbit or do you need SC2 to help :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up too :wink:

W~A~H
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by W~A~H »

i agree with the idea of it being called off if its 15-0.....but i think they need to fix a rule for cup....its beyond a joke having C division teams playing A teams first up

it should be like the carling cup in england......the lower division teams fight it out first, whoever can make it, then take on harder divisons.

so start C's to fight it out first, half of the C's will vs B teams and whoever is left from the B's play each other. the winner of the B's play the A teams and whoever is left from the A's play each other......gives the underdogs a challenge....not one that difficult that your the bottom C team playing the top A team.

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Sounds REALLY organised that does . . . . .

worth a thought though.

5 or 6 years ago they used to put all the teams into groups of 4 so a good mixture of teams played each other.

The down side with the group set-up though is a weaker team would get hammered each week 'cause you could get knocked out on goal difference.

Prefer the Carling Cup method i like the sound of that :)

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

:?: Just out of interest, have the FFSA actually posted the Cup Format on their website?

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Have not seen it but i have it on a pdf if you need it Rabbit, pm me your email address or i'll print it and give it to you on sunday as i heckle your team :shock:

you have modbury in the next round, and the round after that and the one after that too :D
LMFSO :D

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

I have it too.....but wondering why it doesn't appear on the Fed site. Modbury in the Cup eh....just like the old days. Do you remember? :wink:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

rabbit wrote:I have it too.....but wondering why it doesn't appear on the Fed site. Modbury in the Cup eh....just like the old days. Do you remember? :wink:
Nope, i have SCD :cry:

Selected
C.R.A.F.T.
Disease

:mrgreen:

Hollygirl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hollygirl »

Grouch wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:30-0 is a disgrace !!!! AC coach should be shot.

After about 10, should have played with 1 player short, if the goals kept coming, then taken another off. Would have helped both team to learn, isnt that what we as coaches are supposed to be doing ????
What would have his players learnt this game, how to humiliate another team ???? He has probably scarred the Beverly boys for life, some will probably never want to play again !!!
I was at this game and we must put the match in perspective. The Beverley Lions team had started with only 10 players and had played the complete 80min with the ten players even though some were carrying injuries by the end of the game. Our boys were feeling down but the odds were against them at the start and they were not going to give up regardless of the out come. We had spoken to the boys at the end of the game and they all were feeling down but had taken some good out of the game as a team bonding exercise. They all seemed happy enough to put the game behind them and to get on with the real challenge of do well in there own group being the C grade. The opposing team must look hard at them self’s and ask them self’s what they had actually accomplished by this result other than giving there own team / club a bad report with regards to sportsmanship. Not only do there own coaching staff have to look at the type of comments they used to encourage there players to defeat the BLFC with such a huge number but also there practice of SMOKING in the dug out. Lets all be reminded that this is a SMOKE FREE game and this particular person should no longer be allowed in a dugout again.
I absolutely agree that there should be no smoking within the vicinity of childrens sport particulary as this is a smoke free zone but please explain where Adelaide City showed bad sportmanship....yes they defeated a side 30-0...maybe the question should be what could the score have been.

The AC coach was in a no win situation and to say he should be shot is ridiculous...he rotated his players and changed his forwards and defences....at no time was there any bad sportmanship shown by this team...in fact quite the opposite.....the team were not even permitted to sing their club song at the end of the game....they went out of their way not to behave with arrogance...the opposition parents were supporting the goalie who seemed to be doing a lone job....maybe questions could be asked of the Beverly coach who maybe should have made some defensive moves.

Do not blame the team for a draw which saw them play against a team in a different league which did not have enough players to field a full side
Last edited by Hollygirl on Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

As posted before, the most important comments are from people who were there

Thanks Hollygirl :|

kun aguero
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kun aguero »

I play for campbelltown 15's and in the cup we thrashed seaford 15-0 which was a joke considering that we had 3 players out and another 2 (including myself) coming back from injury, so if a team albeit a c division team cant put up any sort of competition they deserve to be thrashed and for ppl to say there should be a mercy rule to make these teams feel better shows there are to many soft ppl who want to treat these teams like under 8's

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Maradona_Napoli_10 wrote:I play for campbelltown 15's and in the cup we thrashed seaford 15-0 which was a joke considering that we had 3 players out and another 2 (including myself) coming back from injury, so if a team albeit a c division team cant put up any sort of competition they deserve to be thrashed and for ppl to say there should be a mercy rule to make these teams feel better shows there are to many soft ppl who want to treat these teams like under 8's
Or people like you that think it's the World Cup !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Maradona_Napoli_10 wrote:I play for campbelltown 15's and in the cup we thrashed seaford 15-0 which was a joke considering that we had 3 players out and another 2 (including myself) coming back from injury, so if a team albeit a c division team cant put up any sort of competition they deserve to be thrashed and for ppl to say there should be a mercy rule to make these teams feel better shows there are to many soft ppl who want to treat these teams like under 8's
Or people like you that think it's the World Cup !!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Exactly!!!

It's still U15's M8y - start working on 1 or 2 touch or 10 passes before attacking goal. Development is the name of the game at your age - physically (technique, skills, etc.) and mentally.
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Well your posts can only get better

I suggest u use your 'hand of god' for something else :clown:

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

Barney Rubble wrote:

Absolutely Gold!! Well in, Barney.
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Barney Rubble wrote:

And if your hand is too big....your thumb and forefinger should suffice.... :roll:

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Tweezers perhaps

teddles
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by teddles »

Maybe we need a mercy rule for threads that go the way this one is :D

(tweezers, definitely tweezers :shock: )

blerko
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by blerko »

teddles wrote:Maybe we need a mercy rule for threads that go the way this one is :D

(tweezers, definitely tweezers :shock: )
Tweezers with the aid of pepper for this lad "Where are ya... (shake shake) Ah-Ah-Ah-Choo... GOT YA!"

Football Freak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Football Freak »

Maradona_Napoli_10 wrote:
I play for campbelltown 15's and in the cup we thrashed seaford 15-0 which was a joke considering that we had 3 players out and another 2 (including myself) coming back from injury, so if a team albeit a c division team cant put up any sort of competition they deserve to be thrashed and for ppl to say there should be a mercy rule to make these teams feel better shows there are to many soft ppl who want to treat these teams like under 8's

So after changing your name after a ridiculous first post, did you learn anything about your
7-1 loss today to Para Hills ? :oops:

Obviously you are not over your injury and still have players away whilst Para Hills were not at full strength either i hear :shock:

Tsk Tsk Tsk

Hope you get us in the next round of the cup

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

:shock:

Can't wait for his reply :mrgreen:

kun aguero
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kun aguero »

yea we actually lost 2 more players 2day and had 2 play 3 b players and i was filling in in goals because our keeper has been overseas for the past 5 weeks so obviously we wern't goin to be near our best 2day , our players will all be back this week so for the rest of the season we will mop up just like last year where we were undefeated

Football Freak
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Football Freak »

kun aguero wrote:yea we actually lost 2 more players 2day and had 2 play 3 b players and i was filling in in goals because our keeper has been overseas for the past 5 weeks so obviously we wern't goin to be near our best 2day , our players will all be back this week so for the rest of the season we will mop up just like last year where we were undefeated
Got some favourable linesmans decisions too :shock: , but hey that was last year with your hysterical coach that kept getting sent off by the ref's, win at all costs eh :P

we'll send you a bucket if you think you're gonna mop up again, you really need to look/listen to yourself.

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

Don't know who you are Freak but it looks like the gloves are down between your two clubs. :|

anyway drifting off the topic now and branching into the chest puffing bit :roll:

kun aguero
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kun aguero »

Football Freak wrote:
kun aguero wrote:yea we actually lost 2 more players 2day and had 2 play 3 b players and i was filling in in goals because our keeper has been overseas for the past 5 weeks so obviously we wern't goin to be near our best 2day , our players will all be back this week so for the rest of the season we will mop up just like last year where we were undefeated
Got some favourable linesmans decisions too :shock: , but hey that was last year with your hysterical coach that kept getting sent off by the ref's, win at all costs eh :P

we'll send you a bucket if you think you're gonna mop up again, you really need to look/listen to yourself.
yea sure, us get favourable decisions, were always the 1's the ref 's have it in 4 , last year against para hills the ref chested us out of a sure win by awarding a soft free kick and allowing an offside goal then he had the ignorance to wink at the para hills coach after the match (oh yea guess what the ref was from para hills, so dont talk about us getting desicions our way when the cheats r those dirty poms ova at para hills :evil:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

kun aguero wrote:
Football Freak wrote:

yea sure, us get favourable decisions, were always the 1's the ref 's have it in 4 , last year against para hills the ref chested us out of a sure win by awarding a soft free kick and allowing an offside goal then he had the ignorance to wink at the para hills coach after the match (oh yea guess what the ref was from para hills, so dont talk about us getting desicions our way when the cheats r those dirty poms ova at para hills :evil:

Easy tiger :| , you have a lot of racial frustration for a 14 yo, don't see Football Freak using THAT sort of racial crap in this thread.

He's put a challenge down for you so take it, don't gob off with the racial stuff or i'll get one of your "dirty pom" coaches to have a word with you at training.

:|

kun aguero
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by kun aguero »

sorry, i just over reacted there :lol: it just frustrates me when ppl say we get all the decisions when most of the time we get it against us

--also just pointing out that none of my coaches r "poms" and i dont mean it racially or 2 b a smart ass im just letting u know--