Chelsea v Liverpool

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool

Post by Updachels »

Total 90 wrote:deffinately worth getting up for this morning but why did torres get dragged at full time?? why didnt babel get introduced instead of pennant?? and what was arbeloa doing on for the full game?? i realise skrtel was injured but that just means that the other two subs you have you need to use wisely. i thought that drogbas finishing was perfect. however beaten at your near post twice in a game of this importance?? reina looked so strong from distance but had very poor positioning if you ask me. hats off to makelele who played well thought he was a linchpin in midfield worked very hard and ballack, not alot wrong with the guy is there? he had a blinder! good luck in the final to chelsea and man utd.

My money is on the blues, they look alot more passionate now as a unit than they have since zola and co.

gotta feel for torres worked hard all season and should have had a trophy in the cabnet at home for his debut season at least. :!:
I'm pretty sure pennant came off the bench
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

e-football wrote:As for Lampard, of course I am sympathetic but you would think he was the first pro to lose a parent and play.
The city of liverpool would have gone into mourning for a month if it had been Gerrard's mum.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

strappineastie wrote:
e-football wrote:No complaints, we were going to lose a semi one day.

Having beaten Arsenal, and Milan we had a good run (again).

As for Lampard, of course I am sympathetic but you would think he was the first pro to lose a parent and play.
Why do you say that?
The way the UK (SKY) commentators went on about him during th egame, wishing him luck with the penalty, and everything. As I say I am sympathetic, also the amount in the press about his mum, was OTT.

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Rigoni 10 wrote:congrats to chelski.

hope they lose to Man USA though, cause we can only be the 1st London team to win the UCL, so i hope we can take advantage of their loss next season.

I tell ya what though, Chelski will give Man USA a great run for their money in the final
We will be the 1st my son!!!!

We were the last team to win the FA Cup at the Old Wembley & the 1st at the new Wembley. :wink:

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

e-football wrote:
strappineastie wrote:
e-football wrote:No complaints, we were going to lose a semi one day.

Having beaten Arsenal, and Milan we had a good run (again).

As for Lampard, of course I am sympathetic but you would think he was the first pro to lose a parent and play.
Why do you say that?
The way the UK (SKY) commentators went on about him during th egame, wishing him luck with the penalty, and everything. As I say I am sympathetic, also the amount in the press about his mum, was OTT.
I think it is just because she died so suddenly. I think any one would feel exactly the same for any other player that lost a Family member. Have a look a Lua Lua when he lost his son!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

strappineastie wrote:

hope they lose to Man USA though, cause we can only be the 1st London team to win the UCL, so i hope we can take advantage of their loss next season.

I tell ya what though, Chelski will give Man USA a great run for their money in the final

We were the last team to win the FA Cup at the Old Wembley & the 1st at the new Wembley. :wink:

shiraz ya's we were the first London team to reach the UCL final and we'll be the first to win it!

shiraz OFF CHELSKI FC!!!!!

hope you guys lose ;)

CFC10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by CFC10 »

Aww c'mon Rigs! Would you rather those dirty mancs and that senile fool win it?

Thoroughly deserved win by Chelsea. Scoreline flatters Liverpool a bit with Babel's goal, poor goalkeeping on otherwise a very solid game and tournament from Cech. Love the guy no matter what. Essien's goal should have been given, none of the players were interfering with play and Reina saw it the entire way he just couldn't get to it. Not sweating the details though 'cause WE'RE GOING TO MOSCOW!!!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

CFC10 wrote:Aww c'mon Rigs! Would you rather those dirty mancs and that senile fool win it?

Thoroughly deserved win by Chelsea. Scoreline flatters Liverpool a bit with Babel's goal, poor goalkeeping on otherwise a very solid game and tournament from Cech. Love the guy no matter what. Essien's goal should have been given, none of the players were interfering with play and Reina saw it the entire way he just couldn't get to it. Not sweating the details though 'cause WE'RE GOING TO MOSCOW!!!
Not interfering with play? Give me a break - if they werent they wouldnt be on the park. Why dont we just have 3 players stand in front of the keeper all the time in an offside position? Chelsea deserved to win, but the ref got the main decisions correct IMO.
Ignore this signature

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Bomber wrote:
CFC10 wrote:Aww c'mon Rigs! Would you rather those dirty mancs and that senile fool win it?

Not interfering with play? Give me a break - if they werent they wouldnt be on the park. Why dont we just have 3 players stand in front of the keeper all the time in an offside position? Chelsea deserved to win, but the ref got the main decisions correct IMO.
Because if they were in front of the keeper they would be interfering with play. Come on Bomber, you've watched enough football, thought you'd have known the laws of the game by now.

Oh and add in

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:

shiraz ya's we were the first London team to reach the UCL final and we'll be the first to win it!

hope you guys lose ;)
I never said we were the first to reach a CL Final, i said we will be the first London side to win it! Your just shitty because of how well we have done & how badly Arsenal have performed.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

strappineastie wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:

hope you guys lose ;)
I never said we were the first to reach a CL Final, i said we will be the first London side to win it! Your just shitty because of how well we have done & how badly Arsenal have performed.[/quote]

i'm not shitty yet, i'll be shitty if we don't win the UCL before you guys, cause we are the biggest club in London.

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

i'm not shitty yet, i'll be shitty if we don't win the UCL before you guys, cause we are the biggest club in London.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In your Opinion!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

as usual a footballnews forum thread turns into a petty slanging match......

it's Chelsea's day, they won, it has shiraz all to do with Arsenal they were disposed of in this comp ages ago ;-)

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:i'm not shitty yet, i'll be shitty if we don't win the UCL before you guys, cause we are the biggest club in London.

In your Opinion!
please tell me how you guys are even considered bigger than us??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: makes me laugh that you think you guys are bigger than us

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Great game, better result and Liverpool were certainly more gracious in defeat than the unsportsmanlike petulant kids of Old Trafford. How do that pr1ck ever get a knighthood?

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Blair gave Ferguson a knighthood, all part of his PR spin.

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:i'm not shitty yet, i'll be shitty if we don't win the UCL before you guys, cause we are the biggest club in London.

In your Opinion!
please tell me how you guys are even considered bigger than us??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: makes me laugh that you think you guys are bigger than us
I never said we were bigger mate. Just amazing how you think that YOU are!

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

OldRedback wrote:Great game, better result and Liverpool were certainly more gracious in defeat than the unsportsmanlike petulant kids of Old Trafford. How do that pr1ck ever get a knighthood?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: probably sucked off blair then just like he does to refs in his office after games

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

strappineastie wrote:
well who is then??? shiraz west ham?? :lol:

we are the biggest club in London end of story

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

Hawkesy wrote:
Bomber wrote:

Because if they were in front of the keeper they would be interfering with play. Come on Bomber, you've watched enough football, thought you'd have known the laws of the game by now.
I do - then tell me how the linesman can tell if players are in the "line of sight" of the keeper from where he is standing? And here at work I have just looked straight ahead at an object about 10 yards away about the size of a ball. Funny that, i can see about 5 work colleagues in the line of my view.
Ignore this signature

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:

Whatever mate, just like your a legend in your own mind! :lol:

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

is the object coming at you at 100mph? With that happening it makes it a lot harder for a 'keeper to see the ball if he has a 6ft moster in front of him!
Last edited by Victoria's Secret on Thu May 01, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

strappineastie wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:

yeah i think i'm a legend :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can't be serious right??

King Of East
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by King Of East »

Serious about what?

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

strappineastie wrote:
Rigoni 10 wrote:
strappineastie wrote:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

You 2 sounds like a load of soppy northerners now. What defines a big club and more importantly who cares.

The game is about winning trophies, not being a big club. As i said in the other thread leeds and sheff wed are big clubs and they could well be playing each other in League One next year.

In current league positions: Would you rather be a big club like leeds or a little club like wigan?

Oh and add in

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

the question is, who had a better season Liverpool or Arsenal, after Arsenal (according to the hype a few months ago) were by far the best team that ever graced the planet, but they won as much as Liverpool, and didn't get as far as them in Europe.

To me, they both underperformed overall. Liverpool have the excuse of a public boardroom battle. Arsenal's excuse is.......

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

strappineastie wrote:Serious about what?
:lol: :lol: :lol: your last comment

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

e-football wrote:the question is, who had a better season Liverpool or Arsenal, after Arsenal (according to the hype a few months ago) were by far the best team that ever graced the planet, but they won as much as Liverpool, and didn't get as far as them in Europe.

To me, they both underperformed overall. Liverpool have the excuse of a public boardroom battle. Arsenal's excuse is.......

the boardroom incident is an excuse... players play football, they dont have a say in dealings that the board conducts

every1 had arsenal outta the top 4(me included i thought spurs would take 4th spot), but they did well....
i think pool underachieved considering the amount of money they spent... remember this was the club at the start of the season that ALOT of ppl picked to win the epl!!! now they are 11 points behind the leaders

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Boardroom battles do affect the team when the manager is involved like he has been!

Chelasea and Man Utd spent more than Liverpool, whose transfers have been very good, its the rest of the squad who underperformed mid season.