Zola Over C.Ronaldo Anyday of the week.

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Piola
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Zola Over C.Ronaldo Anyday of the week.

Post by Piola »

totsreds08 wrote:i always looked up 2 zola..i hated chelsea but watching zola amazed me..i remember that little run he did against liverpool. took on 4 or 5 players before the ball going out for a goal kick..but that was amazing
hahah how bout that goal that he flicked in off a corner?? I spent the rest of the next day reacting that goal :lol: :lol:

Jimbob
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jimbob »

OldRedback wrote:Yes we'll see when Ronaldo goes missing when under pressure like Cantona - another Lord Ferg of Purpleness labelled as the best in the world - Zola delivered in big games Ronaldo has yet to show that he has bottle for the big occassion all very well pulling out the stepover against the likes of a Bolton full back!
When you say big games I assume you mean games against teams like United, Liverpool and Arsenal? He never really played in many important games did he?

I see what you're saying about Cantona though, he always went missing in big games didn't he? :clown:

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Zola was more of a fantasista, or playmaker - Ronaldo for me is a winger.

Anyway, when Ronaldo has dominated two leagues like Zola did, then we can compare. But I think Zola had better vision - thats the Napoli bias coming out in me I guess, although I wish we had kept him longer.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Jimbob wrote:
OldRedback wrote:Yes we'll see when Ronaldo goes missing when under pressure like Cantona - another Lord Ferg of Purpleness labelled as the best in the world - Zola delivered in big games Ronaldo has yet to show that he has bottle for the big occassion all very well pulling out the stepover against the likes of a Bolton full back!
When you say big games I assume you mean games against teams like United, Liverpool and Arsenal? He never really played in many important games did he?

I see what you're saying about Cantona though, he always went missing in big games didn't he? :clown:

hahah exactly
i was watchin his highligts last nite when he came bak afta his ban against pooh, set up a goal and scored a penalty, mind u fowler bagged 2 nice goals in that game
cantona not a big game player.... pffff

wat did zola win with chelsea?

lineker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lineker »

zola was one of the best players ever to grace the premier leauge, also he was a very humble man, unlike cr, there's no doubting the talent of cr but he spoils it IMO by diving and cheating, even tho zola was italiano he was genuine, top bloke!

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

Well in wolfman :lol:

He is right about that.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

so thats y cantona got voted the best foreign player 2 play in the premier league and zola didnt?

ForzaChievo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ForzaChievo »

Rigoni 10 wrote:zola>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ronaldo

QFT.

ForzaChievo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ForzaChievo »

WoLFMaN wrote:I loved Cantona. That's a hard one to pick. Many people say Cantona, Many say zola.

I say Zola.
Many would also say Thierry Henry.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

shiraz me, people will just about compare anybody with anybody on here.

This is gettin beyond a joke now

Hey lets compare Joey from Villa Vs stewart from Ingle farm????

My head hurts
:x

King Henry Returns
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by King Henry Returns »

WoLFMaN wrote:
Numba 7 wrote:laughable topic! Admin please delete it
lol your either a man utd fan or i'd say around 16 or 17 years old.
Hawkesy wrote:
Numba 7 wrote:nah i actually have knowledge of the game unlike yous! trying to compare Zola to Ronaldo! dnt make me laugh! Ronaldo probably has more goals this season the wat Zola has in his whole career! Ronaldo=soon to be world player of the year!
Knowledge of the game, but clearly no knowledge of the English language.

At least it has the start of a discussion but surely you can do better than that. Might want to start with getting some facts right.

This is another example of people not knowing anything about football prior to about 2000. Zola had amazing skill with the ball at his feet, might want to look at some of the goals he scored for chelsea before you rush to a judgment. For me Ronaldo is better, but it's not as ridiculous argument as some are making out.

Numba7 is a twat

& Zakynthos is clearly taking the piss with the Van Basten & R.Baggio comment.

The stupidity of some people on this forum never ceases to amaze me

Good stuff Wolfman.

FerrariTifosi27
Star Player
Star Player

Post by FerrariTifosi27 »

C.Ronaldo will do a Ronaldinho go out partying and ruin his career it's bound to happen. C.Ronaldo needs to stop diving and crying on the ground and start to take a more professional approach.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Im still laughing :lol:

4 Stars
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 4 Stars »

Better you laugh now. You may be crying in a few hours time.

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

Phil Masinga wrote:Better you laugh now. You may be crying in a few hours time.
Better u post as much as u can now cause u will be hiding in few hours time

4 Stars
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 4 Stars »

Dont really care who wins. You've got more to lose.

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

WoLFMaN wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote:
Jimbob wrote:

hahah exactly
i was watchin his highligts last nite when he came bak afta his ban against pooh, set up a goal and scored a penalty, mind u fowler bagged 2 nice goals in that game
cantona not a big game player.... pffff

wat did zola win with chelsea?
2 FA Cups. Alright not that big a deal you may say, but if u compare his chelsea team to Arsenal's and Man utd and Liverpool, he was an outstanding talent. And he had the best vision in the EPL.
don't forget the cup winners cup against Real Madrid... he scored a cracker in that match as well
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

totsreds08 wrote:i always looked up 2 zola..i hated chelsea but watching zola amazed me..i remember that little run he did against liverpool. took on 4 or 5 players before the ball going out for a goal kick..but that was amazing
That was all class when he was trying to time waste at the end of the match...it was his last game for Chelsea.

His last goal for Chelsea against Everton also showed everyone what Zola was all about. Brilliant.
Gianfranco Zola was born

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

Bianchi9Amaranto wrote:C.Ronaldo will do a Ronaldinho go out partying and ruin his career it's bound to happen. C.Ronaldo needs to stop diving and crying on the ground and start to take a more professional approach.
you have to be kidding dude the guy gets hacked more then anyone in the world

hey imo zola was an absolute champion but was he ever recognised as the greatest in the world no and ronaldo will be nuff said and imo cantona was better then him and henry probably was to
I speak nothing but the truth

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

The one and only wrote:
Bianchi9Amaranto wrote:C.Ronaldo will do a Ronaldinho go out partying and ruin his career it's bound to happen. C.Ronaldo needs to stop diving and crying on the ground and start to take a more professional approach.
you have to be kidding dude the guy gets hacked more then anyone in the world

hey imo zola was an absolute champion but was he ever recognised as the greatest in the world no and ronaldo will be nuff said and imo cantona was better then him and henry probably was to
i personally think that Ronaldo is better than cantona or will be but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)
Gianfranco Zola was born

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

The one and only wrote:[you have to be kidding dude the guy gets hacked more then anyone in the world

I hope by that you don't mean ever because c ronaldo wouldn't last 5 minutes with some pre 2000 tackles.

As for cantona, man that guy could play and he managed to carry off the arrogance in a way ronaldo can only dream of.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

ronaldo07
Coach
Coach

Post by ronaldo07 »

still laughing

The Best
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Best »

ZOLA WAS CLASS!!!
Football means everything to me, Its my LIFE!!
CHELSEA FC for LIFE