DIV 4 Sun - Round 7 - 01/06/2008

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

DIV 4 Sun - Round 7 - 01/06/2008

Post by I Am Number Two »

AGUILA vs NOARLUNGA UTD - Aguila should win this one fairly easily. 4 - 2
POLONIA S/C vs ATHELSTONE - Polonia will struggle to win a game this season. 0 - 4
BEOGRAD SC vs PARA HILLS LIONS - Beograd strengthened further by the recent signing in the midfield. 3 - 0
SOUTH COAST vs BLACK EAGLES - Match of the round. Small ground will suit Black Eagles who are less fit and more physical. 0 - 2

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: DIV 4 Sun - Round 7 - 01/06/2008

Post by mahluf »

aguila v noarlunga fairly easy for aguila 4-1
polonia v athelstone haven't seen polonia, stones still undermanned but i'll go for 1-3
beograd v lions very impressed by lions in our cup game but they seem to have lost something, beograd too strong 3-1
south coast v black eagles praying for black eagles win but head says coast 3-0

Nakamura25
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Nakamura25 »

aguila V noarlunga we should win this one at home 6-1 having all our best player back and injury free.
polonia v athelstone cant see polonia win a game this season athelstone 4 all money 3-0
beograd v lions lions very aggressive team in defend should b a good game go for an upset lions to win.2-1
south coast v black eagles eagles playing away from home uhmzzz i say a draw if south coast dont cheat with the linesman LOL 1-1

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

boree, how are the uni blacks going?

Nakamura25
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Nakamura25 »

YEAH good man won today oh yeah lol
so u know adrian aye
any way good luck for tomorow hope u lose haha

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

are u allowed to play collegiate league on sat and then amateurs on sunday??
yeah ive known Wen (Adrian) for a while... play indoor with him too.
ill be behind the bar tomorrow... damaged some ligaments when i sprained my ankle in the cup game last week :(

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Beograd SC v Para Hills Lions SC

A's 5 : 1
B's 5 : 0

Good clean games. Para Hills are a good bunch of blokes.

Heard Athelstone are the only other team that won today... and apparently the Cost v Eagles game was called off at 1 : 1 ...

Discuss...

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

reserves

polonia 1 - athlestone 3

first team

polonia 2 - athlestone 4

mahluf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mahluf »

polonia outplayed us in the first half. went ahead , we hit a purple patch for twenty minutes, scored four goals all by the same player, then eased up and let them score again.

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

theres a reason behind your purple patch, 2 polonia players quit at half time due to an incident in the change rooms. one being our best player. bit of unrest between the coach and players. very sad situation. :(

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

what club did they go to?

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

dont know. they just left and that was it.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

twisted300 wrote:are u allowed to play collegiate league on sat and then amateurs on sunday??
Definitely not. Dual registration of players is not allowed. It's in the SAASL constitution.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Rob Lozza wrote:
twisted300 wrote:are u allowed to play collegiate league on sat and then amateurs on sunday??
Definitely not. Dual registration of players is not allowed. It's in the SAASL constitution.
should be allowed though, who does it hurt if someone is playing in 2 different leagues. PLUS, how would they even know. Surely the amateur league doesn't have access to collegiate records and vice versa. If they do, does the privacy act allow this?

I guess they can check though, just ask St Peters when they were caught (made the scapegoat) doing it.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

I guess you could argue it should be allowed in this case... Collegiate League / SAASL... both separate amateur competitions.

In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed if, for example, someone played Super League and then came down to Amateurs the next day to blitz the comp... Should stick to your level.

I was surprised to find out on the weekend that Boree playing collegiate league and amateurs was no secret... I was told that another club already reported him to SAASL but obviously nothing has been done. Maybe they don't see it as an issue after all.

Nakamura25
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Nakamura25 »

they wouldn't know theres no photo id like sunday
plus i play under a different name Borinho lol not Boree.
Play for fun

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

twisted300 wrote:I guess you could argue it should be allowed in this case... Collegiate League / SAASL... both separate amateur competitions.

In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed if, for example, someone played Super League and then came down to Amateurs the next day to blitz the comp... Should stick to your level.

I was surprised to find out on the weekend that Boree playing collegiate league and amateurs was no secret... I was told that another club already reported him to SAASL but obviously nothing has been done. Maybe they don't see it as an issue after all.
back in 2004?? st peters were kicked out of the collegiate league for having dual registered players, so someone obviously sees it as an issue. That led to the C team division being formed on saturdays in the amateur league.

As for sticking to your level, the collegiate players keep trying to persuade people that their league is the same level so what's the problem. Super League players would be contracted to their clubs anyway, so not possible.
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

round 8

reserves

south coast 2 - polonia 1

first team

south coast 11 - polonia 0

enough said.

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

the_gun - Whats going on at Polonia these days? Results have been very poor.
Which 2 players walked out last week at half time?

Not so long ago polonia was in Div 3 and now look like dropping to div 5.

Fill me in on the latest.

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

we had greg gierlach quit along with his cousin wojtek because of an argument with the coach last week in regards to his poor coaching. top striker from last season hung bui is out for season with an injury, second highest goal scorer kasperski got told the leave at the end of last season for disciplinary problems. and now the big one.....the coach is an absolute shocker mate. to be honest he doesnt really even coach, just stands on the sideline yelling ant the players and drinking. seriously very very bad. :( :(

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

Who's the coach down there at Polonia this year?

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

same guy weve had for a while. he has created this team in the last 2-3 years. great job. not. however, i hope things may turn around soon. next season were set to have a new coach in joe larecki so it should be much better. but it will be hard to turn this all around.....he has really ruined the club and team, seriously. we'll just have to start fresh next season. only good thing i guess is that the reserve team are not so bad and a couple of them have actually managed to step up to the first team and play reasonably well. but there are a lot of problems, weve really hit rock bottom. ive never seen anything like it before.

TheWingBack
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TheWingBack »

I thought I heard a rumour Joe was going to coach you this year. I remember Joe as being my high school soccer coach when I was at Enfield many many years.

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

yes, we were talking to him but but he was unable to take up the position due to a personal issue.

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Last edited by I Am Number Two on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Polonia got their first win this week! Well done boys!

Match report?

I Am Number Two
Squad Player
Squad Player

Beograd v Noarlunga (played a catch up game today...)

A's 2 : 3

Disappointing loss after being 2 : 0 up at HT. Boys just dropped off about half way through the first half. We were lucky not to concede a goal late in the first half but our keeper made a couple of FANTASTIC (even that is probably an understatement) saves. Noarlunga kept pushing and dominated the rest of the game all over the field. Two of our players came off with injuries early in the second half. Three straight weeks of not playing and not much training showed. It was extremely frustrating watching yet another game from the sidelines... especially since it was our defence that struggled the most today. We did have a goal disallowed for offside by the referee. Even the opposition linesman who was in perfect position said our player was 2-3 yards 'on'. Had that goal stood, the score would have been 3 : 2 with about 20 mins to go. That said, it was probably his only mistake for the day. Noarlunga deserved to win.

B's 5 : 4

Our boys were 4 : 2 up at one stage but Noarlunga fought back to level the score. We scored again with a couple of minutes to go to snatch it away... just.

On a side note, I made my debut as the referee today. Strutted around with my dodgy ankle. I thought I did alright all game... even got handshakes and thumbs up from both the opposition and our guys which is a good thing I guess. :D