Results 14/6-15/6

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Re: Results 14/6-15/6

Post by Missing Post Count »

Hawkesy wrote:thought of something else, a very good club ref. Probably didn't play enough advantage for my liking but very good.
I saw the Jets v African Allstars and he did very well on that day too.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Galazia Stratia wrote:Comets 1 Salisbury Villa 0
scorer: 23 Kalogeridis '85

Game started at a frantic pace with Comets enjoying majority of possession in the first 25 minutes but lacking that final ball to the strikers. Villa seemed content on playing for a defensive game and hitting Comets on the counter. Villa had the better of the chances in the first but were let down by their number 10 who was sent off about 40 minutes in(prob harsh second yellow but was told one more and you're gone). The second half was pretty much the same with Comets pushing hard for the goal. The balls were much better to the strikers and the chances were coming. Villa then sent on they're player coach who was telling his players to et the ball run out and waste time with 20 minutes to go. With around 5 minutes to go Comets scored and the game stepped up to a quicker pace and Villa opened up more and more. Overall a good game and prob a tough one for the ref. Good luck to the boys from Salisbury Villa good bunch of lads with funny supporters (try work better on your insults though guys lol). Bodo were you the guy who was wearing the hood standing square in the middle?
That was me, although I did move from end to end at times thoughout the game.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

I also got your pm but couldn't reply because
Some users couldn’t be added as they have disabled private message receipt.

:D

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

all good i was the one that told you that the toilet was wrecked and to use the one at the back. Comets 23
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Galazia Stratia wrote:all good i was the one that told you that the toilet was wrecked and to use the one at the back. Comets 23
I remember. I think the one at the back was blocked too. You were the one who was involved in the send off incident and scored the goal and got booked for taking your shirt off?

gee_kay
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gee_kay »

yeah that was me
Follow me on Twitter @gee_kay10

laney
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by laney »

[quote="Hawkesy"][quote="town crier"]2 very hard fought games, a good showing from everybody involved. cheers to iggies for the game.
ps. hawkesy, you were miles off, :D but well played tho, and cheers again.[/quote]

I've been critical of Jets in the past but I must say after yesterday's game, they have changed their mindset. A great bunch of blokes in the B's, and I enjoyed the battle especially my goal. As for that offside, i still feel that I was played onside by the left back, he was moving away from goal and I was to it. With that momentum I looked well off when I recieved the ball but onside when it was kicked.

A good atmosphere for the A's game, with a few of our players taking some stick but nothing nasty there, well not what I heard anyway.

Crowd in the B's was a lot lower (obviously) but did like the positive comments given to me by the ladies sat at the end with blankets over them. All in all, disappointed with the results felt we deserved the win in the B's and the draw in the A's but not to be.

Oh and how many of your lot are on this forum, almost all of your players calling me by name :shock:

thought of something else, a very good club ref. Probably didn't play enough advantage for my liking but very good.[/quote]

and one day hawkhead we'll have that beer mate :)

SANTOS
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by SANTOS »

wanderers have the players thats all , Dont know why got a coach anyway .
players win games not the coach remember that.
Go coach another team then we will see if you anything.

John Cena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by John Cena »

SANTOS wrote:wanderers have the players thats all , Dont know why got a coach anyway .

take mori out of adelaide city and how would they go :oops:

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Now for my responses....

We're not playing cricket MB - players can celebrate in the changerooms after a game in the
shower & it wasn't done in front of you or your team mates.

Look it doesn't really bother me, I would have been happpy as well after a hard fought game. I just thought there wasn't a lot of taste in all the yahooing outside our changeroom. If you want to go about your business that way then so be it.

Do you guys do anything else at training other than long throws..? given it worked well yesterday, but you surely couldn't rely on that all season to win the title..?
Believe it or not we dont even train for them, so how good are we!!!! We actually played quite poor with knocking the ball around (me especially). We have played much better than that. Just had a few people out, and our solid centre half injured after 5 mins, did change things around a bit, but no excuses.

These words from a bloke who came on here celebrating his hand ball on the line and his foul on the keeper after narrowly winning a game.

Yeah but Hawksey I could have gone on about it after the game (after I scored) I mean? But I didn't. As for the postings, you obvsiouly didn't read the one that said that I was joking?

You've got a very interesting definition of defensive errors, I think most would call it poor defending. Not quite sure how a nice cross and headed goal could be put down as defensive error or your left back getting well and truly beaten for the 3rd goal was either. Not being able to clear a long throw is definitely poor defending.
This has to be call of the day!!! Took my words of mumbo jumbo and wrote it like poetry...

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

A's Florina 3 - 0 USC Lion
B's Florina 4 - 1 USC Lion
C's Florina 9 - 2 Eliz Downs C2
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Kick Start
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kick Start »

Para Hills West 2 Vale 1

Inter 4 Gully 2

Inter flattered by the result. Gully were better side at 2-2 but couldn't get the crucial 3rd goal. Hassell going off didnt help their efforts..... 4 minutes to go and Inter went 3-2 up against the run of play (Hass would have covered the move) then an audacious chip from 25 meters in injury time sealed the win..... I don't support either team so this is a non bias look at the game.... Scott Wilson was a tower of strength at the back for Inter and thought their keeper did ok also.... Ian Smith and Shaun Plunkett did well for Gullies.....
T.T.G 10 - 1 Para Hills West... :shock:

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

A's: Fulham 1 Isc Raptors 0
B's: Fulham 0 Isc Raptors 1
C's: Fulham 2 Isc Raptors 5

The first team game was quite an entertaining game. Ten minutes in the referee awarded Fulham an indirect free kick in the box although I have no idea what it was for. A Raptors player was booked in the incident. The free kick itself was cleverly taken. Usually in these situations it gets blasted into the wall and comes to nothing but Fulham played it across the box and effectively took the wall out of the equation and it was tucked away. A few seconds later Raptors had a second player booked, and the first player to be booked ran over to protest and he got his second yellow and was off. One thing that can be said about this referee is he doesn't take dissent. You wouldn't have known it was Raptors with the ten men as they had a great deal off the first half. Fulham played much better in the second half and either side could have added to the score line. Raptors were reduced to nine men with an incident which on it's own was a red card offence, but had the referee seen the kick out by a Fulham player a few seconds earlier it would have been 10v10. I have to give credit to the Raptors' linesman for the second half who did his best to keep his bench from taking their protests too far and getting them to sit down and be quiet.

The reserves was a fairly evened match as well. No real incidents of controversy.

I only saw the ten minutes of the first half and the entire second half of the C's game. At 0-3 it looked as though Rapters were coasting but Fulham pulled two back before two late Raptors' strikes made it safe.

closed account
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by closed account »

B's Gully 4v1 Inter, great effort by us today, if we can play like that every week we will soon start climbing the league.

more tea vicar
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by more tea vicar »

VISTA A'S AND B'S WON.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!
AKA BULLDOG

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Bodø Glimt wrote:A's: Fulham 1 Isc Raptors 0

The first team game was quite an entertaining game. Ten minutes in the referee awarded Fulham an indirect free kick in the box although I have no idea what it was for. A Raptors player was booked in the incident. The free kick itself was cleverly taken. Usually in these situations it gets blasted into the wall and comes to nothing but Fulham played it across the box and effectively took the wall out of the equation and it was tucked away. A few seconds later Raptors had a second player booked, and the first player to be booked ran over to protest and he got his second yellow and was off. One thing that can be said about this referee is he doesn't take dissent. You wouldn't have known it was Raptors with the ten men as they had a great deal off the first half. Fulham played much better in the second half and either side could have added to the score line. Raptors were reduced to nine men with an incident which on it's own was a red card offence, but had the referee seen the kick out by a Fulham player a few seconds earlier it would have been 10v10. I have to give credit to the Raptors' linesman for the second half who did his best to keep his bench from taking their protests too far and getting them to sit down and be quiet.

The reserves was a fairly evened match as well. No real incidents of controversy.

I only saw the ten minutes of the first half and the entire second half of the C's game. At 0-3 it looked as though Rapters were coasting but Fulham pulled two back before two late Raptors' strikes made it safe.
The in-direct free kick was for the ref feeling like he could do what he liked. That exactly what he said. I just want to know how a referee can pay an in-direct free kick if there was no foul committed and the goal keeper had the ball in play?? Also, doesn't the ball have to be dead in order for the referee to book anyone??

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

more tea vicar wrote:VISTA A'S AND B'S WON.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!
Reserves: Vista 7 - Croatia 1, Now means we are top by 3 points after Gully beat Inter.

A's: Vista 3 - Croatia 1, Great win by the boys, worked hard and well deserved.

The Roo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Roo »

SANTOS wrote:wanderers have the players thats all , Dont know why got a coach anyway .
Santos, what on Earth are you on about? I cant even understand what your writing, "why got a coach", "if you anything".. Are you taking the piss or are you really this stupid?

Bones_7
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Bones_7 »

PUMA'S 6 - 3 GROVE,

Great win by the boys after being 3-2 down just after half time,

After a good win the lads will be knocking on the door of the top 4 after gullies loosing to INTER.

Will be a good week off and bring on the second half of the year.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

A's: Plympton 3 - 3 MSSC Blue Eagles
B's: Plympton 3 - 0 MSSC Blue Eagles

Well done the Plympton's reserves - hit us hard, and took their chances. First Team game was scrappy, but we looked dead and buried when Plympton went up 3-2 with five mins to go. Our striker scored an absolute cracker to secure a point.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

the_gun
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by the_gun »

sun div 4

reseves

polonia 2 - aguila 1

first team

polonia 6 - aguila 0

first win of the season, a huge turn around from last weeks loss as a few old ex players comeback to save the team in the last minute.

Indeed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Indeed »

[quote="Bodø Glimt"]A's: Fulham 1 Isc Raptors 0

I only saw the ten minutes of the first half and the entire second half of the C's game. At 0-3 it looked as though Rapters were coasting but Fulham pulled two back before two late Raptors' strikes made it safe.[/quote]

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

what r u trying to say Carlton?

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

medallion wrote:The in-direct free kick was for the ref feeling like he could do what he liked. That exactly what he said. I just want to know how a referee can pay an in-direct free kick if there was no foul committed and the goal keeper had the ball in play?? Also, doesn't the ball have to be dead in order for the referee to book anyone??
Actually I believe he can if he heard some dissent.

Indeed
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Indeed »

you talk heaps of crap mate! Bodo, whatever mate

A.V.N.M
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by A.V.N.M »

B's - Adelaide Asteras 1 v Adelaide Vikings 6
A's - Adelaide Asteras 0 v Adelaide Vikings 3

Another great win by the b's who closed the game out before half time with a 4-0 lead, thats 6 in a row for the b's after a slow start to the season.
As for the A's, a tough game in the only western suburbs derby v Asteras, the first half saw both keepers make some quality saves with both teams having periods of dominance. Until a lovely string of 7-8 passes worked forward to a headed down pass met with a thunderous volley from 20 yds made it 1-0 at HT. The second half saw the Vikings get on top and scored 2 more goals, one an absolute spanker from 25 yds (with his wrong foot :D ) into the top corner.
A week off and we go into the halfway point of the season with maximum points.

A good group of guys at Asteras and we look forward to hosting you guys Round 18 at home, were there will sure be some good food on offer :D .
Last edited by A.V.N.M on Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

medallion wrote:Also, doesn't the ball have to be dead in order for the referee to book anyone??
Indirect free kick: awarded to the opposing team following "non-penal" fouls, certain technical infringements, or when play is stopped to caution/send-off an opponent without a specific foul having occurred. (Law 13).

TheBucket
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by TheBucket »

Macedonia v Munno Para
A's: 0-1 (0-1)
B's: 0-5(?) (0-2)

Didn't see all of the B's but another great result with a lot of regular players missing to the A's. There is still a long way to go, but if they keep playing like this they will not be caught.

As for the A's, well it was always going to be a tough day at the office with a lot of Para players missing and another two pulling the pin on match day and half the midfield having to play through sickness.

After gifting Para with an early penalty, Maco's won the greater share of possesion in the first half but could only really produce a couple of half chances. The tempo in the second half certainly picked up and was a battle between a team throwing everything forward searching for an equaliser and a team trying to contain and then counter. Macedonia again probably had more possesion but could never really hit a target with their final ball or get a clear shot on goal. Up the other end Para were unlucky not to go further ahead with a handful of counters stretching the Macedonia defence and, in particular, a great diving save from the Macedonia keeper pushing one wide.

It was scrappy, it certainly was nowhere near the standard of football we can play, but with a very undermanned squad it was a fantastic win. Macedonia are a very hard working team and they may be sitting second to bottom, but I suspect they will take quite a few more points before the end of the season. For us a week off couldn't come at a better time!

Right Winger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Right Winger »

Croatia lost again. A case of overachieving underachievers beating underachieving overachievers again.

GioDosSantos
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by GioDosSantos »

A's-Gully 2 V Inter 4
B's-Gully 4 V Inter 1
C's-Gully 2 V Inter 3

Good day for the club, apart from the reserves result. The Gully gave us a good challenge today but wern't good enough in the end. Lovely goal from Tatchell to top it off. The Inter machine rolls on.

Inter for Promotion 2008!
The Club is always bigger and more important than any individual player.