Adelaide City - the best in Under 17A's!!!

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

Sic CITY Playa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Adelaide City - the best in Under 17A's!!!

Post by Sic CITY Playa »

Surely after this stage of the season it is clear Adelaide City is the strongest in the Under 17A league. We've only lost once to Metrostars (who stacked their team) and so far they look a class above the rest. No one can match my team when we play well and that is a fact!!! :lol:

stargazer
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Adelaide City - the best in Under 17A's!!!

Post by stargazer »

Sic CITY Playa wrote:Surely after this stage of the season it is clear Adelaide City is the strongest in the Under 17A league. We've only lost once to Metrostars (who stacked their team) and so far they look a class above the rest. No one can match my team when we play well and that is a fact!!! :lol:
bugger off turd! the only ones that stack their teams is A.C.

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

adel city robbed campbelltown in there last game with a stacked team and campbelltown played with 10 men . plus a player down for only adel city to play on and score , no sportsmanship there .

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Re: Adelaide City - the best in Under 17A's!!!

Post by Vale »

Sic CITY Playa wrote:Surely after this stage of the season it is clear Adelaide City is the strongest in the Under 17A league. We've only lost once to Metrostars (who stacked their team) and so far they look a class above the rest. No one can match my team when we play well and that is a fact!!! :lol:
I agree , you do have a good team, but your only on top of the ladder by 1 point. Dont get too cocky just yet , there are plenty of games left to play.
The top 6 teams will all play each over over the next few weeks and take points off each other.
Any one of thes teams can still win the league.

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

We had maybe 3 players down? due to injuries and not having a full bench, they were from the 19's I dont see that as a stacked team.

the juggler
Apprentice
Apprentice

under 17's

Post by the juggler »

:oops: strikerzebra...you are a clown. I have a feeling that you will be eating your words by the time the season comes to an end. Campbelltown are the strongest team in the competition and should win the league. Mind you, I heard a rumour that Damien Mori was going to fill in for you when the "big games" come around!!!

sulmona
Star Player
Star Player

Post by sulmona »

Just had a look at the Adelaide City Galaxy game photos for the under 17s match.
Some of the players look more like 28 than under 17s.
No wonder they are the "best".
I guess results are everything at City.
By the look of these kids faces they are fully matured men and they have very little improvement left in them.
That explains why the Maradonas in the under age competition end up playing college football by the time they reach 20 years of age.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Reminds me of the time I played against Griffith in an Under 16 team, half of them drove themselves to the ground even though you could not drive in NSW until 17 +

ps

Regarding the topic, having looked at the ladder and the draw it is a very presumptious statement to be claiming anything at this stage if the season....

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

Does anyone know where i can get a copy of the rule book for juniors?? thanks

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

The JPL policy code is here

http://www.ffsa.com.au/docs/JPL_CR.pdf

Big John
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Big John »

i always thought junior programs encouraged bringing players up age groups not dropping them down! Obviously this is not what Adelaide City has based its program on.

choko69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by choko69 »

If you are U/17 then obviously you are permitted to play in the age group so whats the big deal of dropping players down

Big John
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Big John »

choko 69 the issue i have here is that if your selected for a particular squad you should play and not have to give up you spot. You cant improve your game from the bench. If your good enough to play upper age groups players should stay there not just drop players down for 'big games'. Thats why players leave teams and why i left city.

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Well said Big John, it's not a good feeling being dropped to make way for the so called saviours to come in and win you a game !
Would make you feel pretty insignificant and so much for developing !
But can I ask you what inspired you to go to Adelaide City in the first place ?

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Again I cannot believe some of the differences between E&D and FFSA, we have a policy that players can change age groups up to 3 games per year eg, I can call up U14 players for an U15 game but if they play more than 3 times they have to stay in U/15. This stops the lava like flow of players around the various teams to load the teams and influence results.

CLUB
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by CLUB »

big john when did you leave city?
and where you playing in the under 17 team or 19 when you left?

choko69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by choko69 »

if a team has a few players injured i beleive that is fine to drop down players. If u bring up players they may not be up to scratch and cause the team to be beaten badly. So teams that are up there in the ladder are only bringing down players to keep there team in the running temporarily while there injured players are recouperating. Hopwever i dnt think that clubs shuld bring downb players just for big games but only if there are a significant number of players injured

choko69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by choko69 »

if a team has a few players injured i beleive that is fine to drop down players. If u bring up players they may not be up to scratch and cause the team to be beaten badly. So teams that are up there in the ladder are only bringing down players to keep there team in the running temporarily while there injured players are recouperating. Hopwever i dnt think that clubs shuld bring downb players just for big games but only if there are a significant number of players injured

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

choko69 wrote:if a team has a few players injured i beleive that is fine to drop down players. If u bring up players they may not be up to scratch and cause the team to be beaten badly. So teams that are up there in the ladder are only bringing down players to keep there team in the running temporarily while there injured players are recouperating. Hopwever i dnt think that clubs shuld bring downb players just for big games but only if there are a significant number of players injured
So Choko, it's all about winning is it ?
How would you feel if you were an u15 player getting promoted to the 17's, you would feel pretty good I think, see that's called developement.
Now if you were a u19 player getting dropped to help, well my friend that's a no brainer and to me is not developement !
And isn't junior football all about developing first :wink: