Western Strikers 17s

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

BillShankly
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Western Strikers 17s

Post by BillShankly »

Are they the best 17s team going around

Played them in the preseason and they took us to the sword straight away, i was was very impressed with them, especially their improvement from last year. Added some quality as well, couple of boys from the zone 15s west team. After beating Cumberland, Para Hills and Panthers, three well respected junior setups, can Strikers hold onto their first place. Be interesting to see how the season pans out for them.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Do you play for Birkalla

Crazy Frog
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Crazy Frog »

yes they are a good team, but i dont think they will hold onto the top spot. the top four will consist of Strikers, Panthers, Adelaide City and Cambeltown. I have seen all these teams play and looking at other results i believe the tital will be decided between them.

gulf
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gulf »

top 4 will consist of campbelltown, para hills, w/strikers, metro

Crazy Frog
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Crazy Frog »

thierry henry there is no way adelaide city wont finish in the top 2 you clown

gulf
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by gulf »

Crazy Frog there is no way Panthers will finish in the top 4

Crazy Frog
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Crazy Frog »

thats your opinion, i only saw them play once against cambeltown but they look like a good side, there a lot batter then cambeltown

Vagrant
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Western Strikers 17s

Post by Vagrant »

BillShankly wrote:Are they the best 17s team going around

Played them in the preseason and they took us to the sword straight away, i was was very impressed with them, especially their improvement from last year. Added some quality as well, couple of boys from the zone 15s west team. After beating Cumberland, Para Hills and Panthers, three well respected junior setups, can Strikers hold onto their first place. Be interesting to see how the season pans out for them.
Saw them against Cumberland, outplayed for large periods of the game, but very persistant, and finally won after two terrible defensive errors. Will be interesting to see how they travel now they have a roll on. Coach won't win any friends, swears like a trooper at everyone including the ref...

Results have been patchy after 3 rounds so hard to accurately predict better teams in the comp, team makeups may change as players move to and from the 19s.

thewesterner
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by thewesterner »

Vagrant wrote:

Saw them against Cumberland, outplayed for large periods of the game, but very persistant, and finally won after two terrible defensive errors. Will be interesting to see how they travel now they have a roll on. Coach won't win any friends, swears like a trooper at everyone including the ref...

Results have been patchy after 3 rounds so hard to accurately predict better teams in the comp, team makeups may change as players move to and from the 19s.
on average 4 of the strikers 17's having been also playing in the 19's on saturdays so far

it will definately get interesting in the next few weeks when school soccer starts ,,, will they be asked to front up for 3 games on the weekends ?

corona
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by corona »

next few weeks will see where western strikers are as they play adel city then campbelltown , would say then you will see how there season willgo .

Sic CITY Playa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Strikers - Quality, but not when it counts

Post by Sic CITY Playa »

[color=cyan][/color][size=24][/size][b]Western Strikers recent 2 - 1 thumping to the hands of Metro STARS showed their weaknesses. Outplayed the whole match and were lucky to only lose by one goal. An overated side for sure. They will be sure to struggle for the rest of the season :evil: . Although Metro showed class up front with all time champion goalscorer Oscer Sanchez. I would like to see city Vs strikers. a 13 - 0 drumming to strikers will show them that we are the best. :twisted: [/b]

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Didn't Metro thump City 5-2 the week before ?

Sic CITY Playa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Sic CITY Playa »

I wouldn't call it a thumping, but they were the better team on the day. Besides, CITY is on top now anyway, and once we beat Strikers our lead will stretch another 3 points further. :D

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

Your only 1 point ahead of Campbelltown and from what I heard they were ahead until they had a send off !

Vale
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Vale »

Saw city and campbelltown play and the game should have been a draw.(a fair result i thought) both teams played well. Campbelltown were 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go then had player sent off. Campbelltown held them off but in last 5 minutes 2 of the 4 u19 players scored for city and campbelltown lost 3-2. With 11 men on the park and City feilding only their u17 side Campbelltown should have taken the points, but win some, lose some. Will see how we go next time we meet.

Cruyff #14
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Cruyff #14 »

I reckon the White city 17s will give any of the A's team a run for their money

Neutral Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Neutral Observer »

Thierry Henry wrote:top 4 will consist of campbelltown, para hills, w/strikers, metro
No top 4 will consist of Westrn Strikers, Adelaide City, South Adelaide and ?.

Neutral Observer
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: ...

Post by Neutral Observer »

Sic CITY Playa wrote:I wouldn't call it a thumping, but they were the better team on the day. Besides, CITY is on top now anyway, and once we beat Strikers our lead will stretch another 3 points further. :D
Maybe if you concentrate on your game instead shooting your mouth of, you may have chance. Even then I have my doubts from what I have seen so far. If you can not win this year when the competition is at its weekest in past 5 years you will never win. Put your money where is your mouth!!!

strikerzebra
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by strikerzebra »

Vale wrote:Saw city and campbelltown play and the game should have been a draw.(a fair result i thought) both teams played well. Campbelltown were 2-1 up with 20 minutes to go then had player sent off. Campbelltown held them off but in last 5 minutes 2 of the 4 u19 players scored for city and campbelltown lost 3-2. With 11 men on the park and City feilding only their u17 side Campbelltown should have taken the points, but win some, lose some. Will see how we go next time we meet.
I play for the Under 17's and I scored the last goal for city.. we had maybe 2 under 19 players down that day and thats because we didn't have enough players.

fayigatsidoi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by fayigatsidoi »

There must be some inconsistencies with the strikers U17s as the TOROS, bottom of the ladder U17s beat them 2-0 or 3-0 last saturday. It was a fantastic game both ways but Toros did it on the day. Perhaps the strikers arent developing at the rate they should be to overcome other teams that are improving constantly?

Sic CITY Playa
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Sic CITY Playa »

[quote="fayigatsidoi"][quote="BillShankly"]Are they the best 17s team going around

There must be some inconsistencies with the strikers U17s as the TOROS, bottom of the ladder U17s beat them 2-0 or 3-0 last saturday. It was a fantastic game both ways but Toros did it on the day. Perhaps the strikers arent developing at the rate they should be to overcome other teams that are improving constantly?[/quote]

It was actually Strikers Under 19s that lost 2-0 to Toros, not the Under 17s. There isn't even a Toros in the 17A league anyway.

Golden EAGLE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Golden EAGLE »

To simple answer is no, they were beaten by a side that had only won one game all year. Well done to the comets who have improved a hell of alot of the season.