Tottenham Hotspur 08/09 season

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: Tottenham Hotspur 08/09 season

Post by barbarez01 »

SpursOnTheRise wrote:Supposedly its 12million pounds, thats a fair deal i think. Now i hope we can get Arshavin, will make a good partnership!
if its 12 million pounds thats fak all. top deal.
Sejad Salihovic!!

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

He would now be one of our biggest earners, Russia's oil money means that all their players are really well paid.
Lets hope we get Veloso and Asharvin before the window closes!!!! and Ramos is a happy man.
"IT LOOKS LIKE HODDLE HAS FOUND GOD, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A PASS"

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

Oh and Corluka, then the squad is complete

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

well we r gonna pay shitloads for berba so u will b cashed up!!

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

I reckon the drunk might get pissed off with Spurs and call it quits with Berba. He'll do alright in Tottenham reserves anyway.

TDGv2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TDGv2 »

ramosrules wrote:I reckon the drunk might get pissed off with Spurs and call it quits with Berba. He'll do alright in Tottenham reserves anyway.
Reckon we should tell Fergie to get stuffed and put Berbs in the reserves.

Then every game charge 5 quid for Spurs fans to give him a good kick in the sponge.

We'd make up the 30 million in no time.
I don't know where you pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink.

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

MUFCBOY wrote:well we r gonna pay shitloads for berba so u will b cashed up!!
I hope so :D

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

TDGv2 wrote:
ramosrules wrote:I reckon the drunk might get pissed off with Spurs and call it quits with Berba. He'll do alright in Tottenham reserves anyway.
Reckon we should tell Fergie to get stuffed and put Berbs in the reserves.

Then every game charge 5 quid for Spurs fans to give him a good kick in the sponge.

We'd make up the 30 million in no time.
I would love to see that, stupid asshole should of moved to Man u when they came knocking on his door the first time instead of signing for us i hope we hold out for 30 mil Man u can afford that.

SpursOnTheRise
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SpursOnTheRise »

Sell Berba and get atleast 28million, buy Pava for 12, Arshavin for 18!! Then if more money is to be spent buy Huntelaar 8) :wink:

not likely but we can dream cant we...then again thats all us Spurs fans are ever doing :lol:
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur

"It's Grosso...It's Italy!"

delfino_1936
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by delfino_1936 »

SpursOnTheRise wrote:Sell Berba and get atleast 28million, buy Pava for 12, Arshavin for 18!! Then if more money is to be spent buy Huntelaar 8) :wink:

not likely but we can dream cant we...then again thats all us Spurs fans are ever doing :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thank you sir, new sig for me :D

SpursOnTheRise
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SpursOnTheRise »

:lol: Cant wait for this Berba thing to be over!! Our team has so much potential! But i hate that word, means nothing if you cant deliver.
Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur

"It's Grosso...It's Italy!"

barbarez01
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by barbarez01 »

Lee to Dortmund.
Sejad Salihovic!!

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

PRICE COULD PUT SPURS OFF THE HUNT
Posted 27/08/08 16:05EmailPrintSave

Ajax's asking price for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is thought to be an obstacle if Tottenham pursue a deal for the Holland striker to join Roman Pavlyuchenko as a White Hart Lane arrival.

Russia striker Pavlyuchenko has agreed to join Spurs and is waiting for the formalities of the transfer to be completed, with Spartak Moscow expecting the deal to finalised in the next 24 hours.

With Spurs still in the hunt for players before the end of the transfer window, the prospect of Huntelaar has been raised but Ajax are expected to demand upwards of £20million for the player who has been linked with Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Spurs have also been looking at defenders and were close to a deal for Vedran Corluka earlier in the summer before a move collapsed and the Croatia international stayed at Manchester City.

It was in attack, however, were head coach Juande Ramos desperately needed reinforcements after Robbie Keane's departure to Liverpool and Dimitar Berbatov's transfer request in pursuit of a move to Manchester United.

Ramos was interested in Andrei Arshavin - Pavlyuchenko's Russia team-mate - but Spurs did not meet Zenit St Petersburg's valuation and moved to other targets.

Pavlyuchenko, as an out-and-out striker, offers a different type of threat to Arshavin.

The 26-year-old may have contributed to England's downfall last year in Moscow but it has not been all smooth running since - he was ordered to lose weight by Russia boss Guus Hiddink ahead of Euro 2008 before scoring three goals at the tournament.

He will be subject to Ramos' strict regime that has appeared to be undermined in the opening weeks of the season by Berbatov's demand to move.

After defeats to Middlesbrough and Sunderland, it does not get any easier; Spurs face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Ramos said: "At the moment we owe something to our fans, but we can and we must give a lot more and that's what we are working on.

"I have no doubt in my mind that Tottenham are capable of beating any team, and on Sunday we are going for the three points.

"Chelsea are a great team but we also have a very solid base; the lads are working well and we have to forget about our anxieties and simply do what we have shown we are all capable of doing, footballers and coaching staff alike."

Berbatov was accused of being a negative influence on the dressing room before he was dropped from the squad to face Sunderland, with assistant boss Gus Poyet now determined to focus on "not being negative" this week.

"We didn't deserve to win but we were in shape to win in both games," said Poyet.

"We didn't, but we don't have to panic. Nothing changes because the quality is still here although obviously it's not a good situation.

"We now need to focus on Chelsea and this week has been about reinforcing the positive things and not being negative."

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Pavlyuchenko Spurs-bound
Eurosport - Wed, 27 Aug 16:14:00 2008

Roman Pavlyuchenko could be a Tottenham Hotspur player by Thursday after Spartak Moscow revealed they have accepted an offer for him.

More StoriesTottenham Hotspur team page
Transfers: Ins, outs, rumours
A Spartak spokesman said: "A deal has been agreed between the clubs and the transfer may be concluded by Thursday."

Spurs are thought to have made a £15 million bid for the Russia striker, who scored three goals at Euro 2008 and should have no trouble obtaining a work permit to play in England.

The 26-year-old said: "I can confirm that I am joining Spurs."

"Right now I am getting my visa. As soon as it is ready I will fly to London to sign a contract."

Pavlyuchenko claimed he will not feature in Spartak's Champions League third-round qualifier against Dynamo Kiev as he ties up his switch to England.

He added: "I will not play in Kiev. Everything has happened very quickly so I could not even say goodbye to my team-mates."

The signing could speed Dimitar Berbatov's exit from White Hart Lane to Manchester United, with the Bulgarian one of just two senior strikers on Spurs' books along with Darren Bent.

However, Tottenham remain adamant - publicly, at least - they will not sell Berbatov for less than £30m and are willing to let him "rot" in the reserves if a deal with United is not done before the transfer window closes on Monday.

Pavlyuchenko revealed any reservations he held about the switch to White Hart Lane had faded.

"The only thing that stopped me from leaving was my family," he said.

"But now all doubts are behind me and I decided to sign a contract with Tottenham and the formalities are practically settled."

Spartak's general manager Valery Karpin admitted Spurs' offer had been accepted by the Russian club.

"There is a concrete sum which Tottenham proposed and we have agreed the amount," he told the Soviet Sport newspaper.

"If Roman will agree a contract then we are ready to let go him go. If Roman begins to play in England, this will be good both for him and for the team."

Sporting Life / Eurosport

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

I hope we sign Pavlyuchenko, Huntelaar and Corluka before the close of the window that would be awesome

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Spurs to revive Arshavin interest
By Sam Lyon

Arshavin has openly welcomed the prospect of a move to Spurs
Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin's on-off summer move to Tottenham could be back on, BBC Sport understands.

Spurs ended negotiations with Zenit St Petersburg 10 days ago after failing to agree on a fee for the 27-year-old.

But the Russian side are believed to have re-opened talks after lowering their asking price, prompting a re-think from the Spurs hierarchy.

Should he join, Arshavin would link up with Roman Pavlyuchenko, who will seal his move from Spartak Moscow by Friday.

Tottenham agreed a fee for Pavlyuchenko at the beginning of the week, with the Londoners thought to be paying up to £12m for the 26-year-old striker.

And by pairing him with Arshavin, Spurs will re-create the partnership that helped Russia storm so impressively to the semi-finals of Euro 2008 this summer.

The news should also please Zenit manager grenache Advocaat, who has already signed a like-for-like replacement in Danny from Dinamo Moscow for around £24m and who claimed Arshavin's ongoing links to Spurs have upset team morale this season.

It is thought the pair's arrival will pave the way for Dimitar Berbatov to complete his "dream" move to Manchester United.

606: DEBATE
Presuming that Berbatov goes, who would you sign?

BrentwoodIron
The Bulgarian, 28, has repeatedly informed Spurs officials of his desire to move to the champions and he was left out of Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Sunderland last weekend because of a "lack of focus".

Despite potentially outlaying as much as £30m for Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko, Spurs are thought to be close to bringing in two other signings this week.

The first of those is Manchester City defender Vedran Corluka, whose move to the Londoners was called off at the last minute at the start of the month.

City have since signed Belgium international Vincent Kompany from Hamburg and are now thought to be willing to allow the move.

And Tottenham are also thought to be closing on a deal for Sporting Lisbon's highly-rated Portugal international midfielder Miguel Veloso.

The 22-year-old, rated at around £15m, has been linked with Manchester United and Arsenal in the past, but is believed to be keen on a move to Spurs, who are on the look-out for a defensive midfielder to complement summer signings Luka Modric, David Bentley and Giovani dos Santos.

However, reports suggesting Ajax striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar will join Spurs appear to be wide of the mark, with his agent Arnold Oosterveer telling BBC Sport that he has had no contact from the Londoners regarding a move.

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

It doesnt matter who you sign you will always be rubbish. It comes with the Tottenham name, its like bees and honey.

And don't go argueing or having a go at me because all you guys know that its just fact and have yet to accept it...
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

Updachels wrote:It doesnt matter who you sign you will always be rubbish. It comes with the Tottenham name, its like bees and honey.

And don't go argueing or having a go at me because all you guys know that its just fact and have yet to accept it...
ok glory hunter
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

TDGv2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TDGv2 »

Updachels wrote:It doesnt matter who you sign you will always be rubbish. It comes with the Tottenham name, its like bees and honey.

Oh the ironing of this is hilarious.

A chelsea fans telling Spurs fans no matter who they buy they'll always be cabernet. Look at what your own cabernet club was before your Russian yiddo owner's billions were pumped in.

King Ledley
Star Player
Star Player

Post by King Ledley »

Lee to Dortmund

The Club can announce that we have reached agreement for the permanent transfer of Young-Pyo Lee to Borussia Dortmund.

The South Korean international full-back played 93 times for us following his move from PSV Eindhoven in August 2005.

We wish Young-Pyo well for the future.
Tromsø wrote:they've just put the 5th one in and the crowd is now giving it the 'are you arsenal in disguise?'

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

Guys dont take any notice of that squeezer lets hope we get the win at the Bridge on Sunday and then shove it back in his face. Will anyone be watching the game in town?

SPURS18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by SPURS18 »

King Ledley wrote:Lee to Dortmund

The Club can announce that we have reached agreement for the permanent transfer of Young-Pyo Lee to Borussia Dortmund.

The South Korean international full-back played 93 times for us following his move from PSV Eindhoven in August 2005.

Didnt set the world on fire when he was with us and made a few mistakes i wouldnt think we will miss him that much as we have plenty of back up for the left back role i hope we got a couple of million for him.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

Berbatov OUT
Pavyschenko IN

Good move, he has a rocket shot on him!
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

SPURS18 wrote:
King Ledley wrote:Lee to Dortmund

Didnt set the world on fire when he was with us and made a few mistakes i wouldnt think we will miss him that much as we have plenty of back up for the left back role i hope we got a couple of million for him.
I always thought Lee was alright, not a player to win things with but was better than Stalteri, Young and most of the other full backs that came before him. He's nowhere near Bale, Gunther, Hutton or O'hara but i wish him the best. One thing, he never ever complained about being on the Bench.... a good professional.

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

Am i the only one who thinks Huntelaar is a little overated at 20+ million??
I would be happy with Arshavin, Pav, Veloso and Corluka.
We would only have 3 strikers though, now that Peckhard has gone on loan.

sweeps
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by sweeps »

ramosrules wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Huntelaar is a little overated at 20+ million??
agreed.

sounds like a great transfer period!
The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is around!

TDGv2
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by TDGv2 »

ramosrules wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Huntelaar is a little overated at 20+ million??
He has a good record though, but so did Kezman.

Not too bothered with 3 strikers. Liverpool only have 1 and they go alright.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

we're not really going alright though
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

Bali Cowman wrote:we're not really going alright though
What that guys said,
they have played as bad/worst than us for the first 2 games. only just managed to scrape though the qualifying of the champions league, their captain just had surgery and their manager wants to blow another 10 million on a man city reject :o

ramosrules
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by ramosrules »

ramosrules wrote:
Bali Cowman wrote:we're not really going alright though
What that guy said,
they have played as bad/worst than us for the first 2 games. only just managed to scrape though the qualifying of the champions league, their captain just had surgery and their manager wants to blow another 10 million on a man city reject :o
They have 6 points thought, so nobody is noticing thier problems except the supporters that watch them closely