under 17 catch up games

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

under 17 catch up games

Post by totsreds08 »

a few weeks ago a few games got called off due to the weather and cup semi finals. anybody know when they will be played? i know toros have got nourlunga but nourlunga were in the semis so anybody know?

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Re: under 17 catch up games

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

Campbelltown V Gawler will be played a week tomorrow (wednesday).
Last edited by ComeOnYouBlues on Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

IpswichTown1878 wrote:Campbelltown V Gawler will be played a week tomorrow.
thats good. should be an easy win for campbletown. ipswich to score a hattrick :wink: i'm hoping to play nourlunga in a night game as well. never played under lights

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

17A - Campbelltown vs Cumberland this Friday Night 29/8 at Newton.

"now thats sexy football"

BocaChiefs
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BocaChiefs »

Can't wait for the Campbelltown and Gawler match. I just want to see Gary Addison in action what a class player.
Form is Temporary Class is Permanent

davidvilla
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by davidvilla »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA GARY wot a champ

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

BocaChiefs wrote:Can't wait for the Campbelltown and Gawler match. I just want to see Gary Addison in action what a class player.
Yeah, maybe you can learn something about how to play in the centre of midfield....

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

totsreds08 wrote:
thats good. should be an easy win for campbletown. ipswich to score a hattrick :wink: i'm hoping to play nourlunga in a night game as well. never played under lights
:lol: $50 from Xplosive if i do.

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

17A - Campbelltown 5-0 Cumberland

shearer9
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by shearer9 »

U17 c's

Salisbury v Playford

Steve Jarvis Park (Salisbury)

SUSC missing a fair few key players

Newcastle United Football Club
Attachments
samp779ad5260711b7e2[1].jpg
samp779ad5260711b7e2[1].jpg (21.57 KiB) Viewed 4986 times

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

IpswichTown1878 wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:
:lol: $50 from Xplosive if i do.
well good luck. played them today and our seniors coach was at the club and noticed about 3-4 under 23s playing and 1 scored n got an set up another goal so good luck

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

totsreds08 wrote:Well good luck. played them today and our seniors coach was at the club and noticed about 3-4 under 23s playing and 1 scored n got an set up another goal so good luck
I feel for the players who had to step down so the senior players can come into the team. That really pisses me off about how clubs do that. You pick a squad at the start of the season so stick with it, bring up younger players at least from the u15s.

ComeOnYouBlues
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by ComeOnYouBlues »

pulse wrote:
totsreds08 wrote:Well good luck. played them today and our seniors coach was at the club and noticed about 3-4 under 23s playing and 1 scored n got an set up another goal so good luck
I feel for the players who had to step down so the senior players can come into the team. That really pisses me off about how clubs do that. You pick a squad at the start of the season so stick with it, bring up younger players at least from the u15s.
good point, but some clubs will do anything to win a game in whatever league/age group unfortunately

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

u17B - Campbelltown 0-4 Gawler

epic1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by epic1 »

Last edited by epic1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toonarmy#9
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by toonarmy#9 »

uder 17 c's

Salisbury 2 Playford 0.

young lad from the under 14's scored both goals

thatkid
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by thatkid »

UP THE EAGLES!

congratulations all you gawler boys on a great win over cambeltown

Gawler 5 - 0 Cambeltown

WE COME FROM GAWLER WER'E THE NUMBER ONE TEAM
OUR NAME IS THE EAGLES AND WE RULE SUPREME
WITH OUR SUPERIOR PLAY WE WON THE GAME TODAY
AND WE MADE CAMBELTOWN PAY PAY PAY

WER'E THE MIGHTY GAWLER EAGLES,
AND WE MADE CAMBELTOWN PAY PAY PAY

:mrgreen:

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

It's funny how a team can collectively grow 2ft each in the space of 6 months. I remember the Gawler team in Round 2 who couldn't string 2 passes together, had only one player approaching anything near 5'8" and struggled not to trip over their own bootlaces.

Obviously that team continued through most of the league season, looking at your position on the table.

Now, I don't have a problem with teams calling eligible 19s and 23s players down if they are short, but whoever heard of filling a whole team with them!! If you have to resort to that to win a 17B league match, then come on the forum and make a big song and dance about it, then you're really showing yourself and your club to be complete idiots :)

There are much bigger fish to fry than a catch up Under 17B match. But here's a thought. Maybe Gawler and Campbelltown should have a match where the teams are made up of the best players under the age of 17 at each club, regardless of which level they play at. Then you might be singing a different tune.

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

Xplosive wrote:It's funny how a team can collectively grow 2ft each in the space of 6 months. I remember the Gawler team in Round 2 who couldn't string 2 passes together, had only one player approaching anything near 5'8" and struggled not to trip over their own bootlaces.

Obviously that team continued through most of the league season, looking at your position on the table.

Now, I don't have a problem with teams calling eligible 19s and 23s players down if they are short, but whoever heard of filling a whole team with them!! If you have to resort to that to win a 17B league match, then come on the forum and make a big song and dance about it, then you're really showing yourself and your club to be complete idiots :)

There are much bigger fish to fry than a catch up Under 17B match. But here's a thought. Maybe Gawler and Campbelltown should have a match where the teams are made up of the best players under the age of 17 at each club, regardless of which level they play at. Then you might be singing a different tune.
I agree with you Xplosive about droppiing players but I am very sure Campbelltown has been guilty of this in the past also. I believe there was an incident with your u13s last season.
STAY ON YOUR FEET

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

SILENT P wrote:
Xplosive wrote:It's funny how a team can collectively grow 2ft each in the space of 6 months. I remember the Gawler team in Round 2 who couldn't string 2 passes together, had only one player approaching anything near 5'8" and struggled not to trip over their own bootlaces.

I agree with you Xplosive about droppiing players but I am very sure Campbelltown has been guilty of this in the past also. I believe there was an incident with your u13s last season.
And we correctly and fairly copped a lot of flak for it, and I believe have not done it since.

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

Xplosive wrote:
SILENT P wrote:

And we correctly and fairly copped a lot of flak for it, and I believe have not done it since.
That is great to hear.
STAY ON YOUR FEET

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

yes i agree with you there. played them last sunday and all of a sudden they had players that could actually dribble the ball without tripping over it. it is a joke dropping a lot of players down. when we played them on sunday, i recognized about 6-7 players. just shows how cabernet gawler are as a club

epic1
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by epic1 »

Last edited by epic1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mufc_17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mufc_17 »

all Gawler players were registered to under 17's so the team has improved. good results from the boys hope this shows what they can do next year a 2-1 loss to a 5-0 win in a game were the opposition only had one shot
Last edited by mufc_17 on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xplosive
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Xplosive »

epic1 wrote:2 of the 3 players over 5'8 did play vs cambletown last time so I wouldn't say it was a stacked side just because of 1 player.
No, it was a stacked side because of 5 or 6 players....

mufc_17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mufc_17 »

Xplosive wrote:
epic1 wrote:2 of the 3 players over 5'8 did play vs cambletown last time so I wouldn't say it was a stacked side just because of 1 player.
No, it was a stacked side because of 5 or 6 players....

wasnt stacked. suggest they look at the line ups/team sheets from each game all the names are the same as the last match with the addition of one. The guy who sored a hatrick played in goals last time when you won 2-1

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

I spoke to one of the Gawler parents that I know last night, he said his son normally plays 19's as do a few of the other boys that came down to help :wink:

mufc_17
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by mufc_17 »

Nova wrote:I spoke to one of the Gawler parents that I know last night, he said his son normally plays 19's as do a few of the other boys that came down to help :wink:
they played last time and one was in goals. there was only the addition of one player

Nova
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nova »

mufc_17 wrote:
Nova wrote:I spoke to one of the Gawler parents that I know last night, he said his son normally plays 19's as do a few of the other boys that came down to help :wink:
they played last time and one was in goals. there was only the addition of one player
Mate, it does'nt bother me, just stating what he said :D
There's a sheep station up for grabs every week, wont run out of them :wink:

LC8
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by LC8 »

That's incorrect. I'm 6ft and I've been playing all season. And let me tell you, I'm not the tallest player we've got. There's about 4 or 5 players who are approaching or on 6ft. We're a relatively tall team compared to the rest of the league.
Xplosive wrote: Now, I don't have a problem with teams calling eligible 19s and 23s players down if they are short, but whoever heard of filling a whole team with them!! If you have to resort to that to win a 17B league match, then come on the forum and make a big song and dance about it, then you're really showing yourself and your club to be complete idiots :)
There was one player playing who has only played 3 games for the 17s. There was two more who played the majority of the season in the 19/23s but came down when we were short of players. Hardly the whole team. And it's not like we're dropping players who have played all year. We actually started the game with just two on the bench until a third arrived late. And of course we're going to come on here if we've been told people have been rubbishing our club. What do you expect?

All in all, you're an idiot.