SASI

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

OLE_69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: SASI

Post by OLE_69 »

what about older players being retained?? 91 92 born??
And personally have being coached by both markov and noel i believe they are good coaches IMO.
Also playing at a high level does not necessarily mean you will be a good coach.
You'll never walk Alone!!
Don't hate the Player hate the Game!!

The Waterboy
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Waterboy »

Sorry to say but i cant see SASI staying up in the premier league this season!

Now that's what I call high quality H2O.

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

All 91 borns are gone except Lucas the Keeper.
92's that are staying,

Michael Alexandrou
Joseph Costa
Nathan Farrell
Shahin Nounjan
Joel Miller
Alex Mullen
Chris Pepe

I think it'll be a very tough year in the Premier League for them but once again time will tell. I actually thought they'd struggle this year but they went brilliantly.
Good Luck boys.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Jose Morninho (sp) never played at the highest level so I guess he would be turned away ...

Playing at the highest level has never been a pre-requisite for being a good coach

TiTi Thierry Henry
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TiTi Thierry Henry »

Filikis Eterias wrote:All 91 borns are gone except Lucas the Keeper.
92's that are staying,

Michael Alexandrou
Joseph Costa
Nathan Farrell
Shahin Nounjan
Joel Miller
Alex Mullen
Chris Pepe

I think it'll be a very tough year in the Premier League for them but once again time will tell. I actually thought they'd struggle this year but they went brilliantly.
Good Luck boys.

is that all the ones that have been retained
wat bout the others that didnt make it
Mark Perrone made the Joeys, is he stayin or wat?

OLE_69
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by OLE_69 »

i think perrone is 93 born
You'll never walk Alone!!
Don't hate the Player hate the Game!!

slowcoach
In Memory of Dylan Tombides

Post by slowcoach »

SASI ANNOUNCE 2009 SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS - November 11, 2008
Added by: Dimitri Peppas

The South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) has announced its list of Scholarship holders for 2009.

SASI earned promotion to the Devine Homes Premier League for season 2009 after finishing second in the State League in 2008.

2009 SASI Scholarship Players

Name Previous Club
Lucas Andrucci Croydon
Chris Pepe Campbelltown City
Chahine Noujaim Western Strikers
Joel Miller Para Hills
Michael Alexandrou West Adelaide
Alex Mullen Para Hills
Nathan Farrell Playford City
Joseph Costa Adelaide City
Andrew Lindsay Para Hills
Josh Donk Adelaide Hills
Dario Staka Campbelltown City
Mark Perrone MetroStars
David Wadey Para Hills
Patrick Miranda West Adelaide
Liam Wooding Cumberland United
Alex Townsley Playford City
Angelo Varricchio Adelaide Blue Eagles
Ryan Kitto Cumberland United
Alex Mills Modbury
David Makridis Adelaide Comets
Dylan Willcocks Modbury
Jake Monaco Western Strikers
Giorgio Pantelis MetroStars
Jarryd McLauglin Para Hills
George Hatzipanagiotis Adelaide Comets
Jordan Elsey Para Hills
Justin Davis Adelaide Galaxy
Shaun Harvey Modbury
Paul Radice Adelaide City
Chris Vounasis Adelaide Comets
Nick Munro Adelaide Galaxy

Pinga
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pinga »

George Hatzipanagiotis, quality player
Last edited by Pinga on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rambo10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rambo10 »

MUFC_9 = Chris Vounasis

aufc_123
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by aufc_123 »

Rambo10 wrote:MUFC_9 = Chris Vounasis
Rambo10= Gutless child making another footballnews account to tell us this :clown:

Modburys Alive
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Modburys Alive »

Lets all take a deep breath...............................
Last edited by Modburys Alive on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rambo10
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rambo10 »

You know I'm right though becaue he edited his post about himself.

TiTi Thierry Henry
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TiTi Thierry Henry »

who cares
we will see jus how good SASI is when they make their Premier League debute
my guess is that they'll give most cubs a run for their money but cant see them finishing above the middle of the ladder

pulse
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by pulse »

Filikis Eterias wrote:All 91 borns are gone except Lucas the Keeper.
92's that are staying,

Michael Alexandrou
Joseph Costa
Nathan Farrell
Shahin Nounjan
Joel Miller
Alex Mullen
Chris Pepe
Good Luck boys.
If he has been offered another year with SASI, what is he doing training with Campbelltown First Team?

"now thats sexy football"

Filikis Eterias
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Filikis Eterias »

Didn't realise it was illegal.
Good on him.
Whats the problem with that.
Good on Rocky for inviting him.
KYPROS-ELLAS-ENOSIS
EXO H TURKOI APO TIN KYPRO

Yasou Re

Post by Yasou Re »

SASI is a 12 month contract, its good to keep ties with your old club, nothing wrong with that.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

TiTi Thierry Henry wrote:who cares
we will see jus how good SASI is when they make their Premier League debute
my guess is that they'll give most cubs a run for their money but cant see them finishing above the middle of the ladder
The success or otherwise of SASI as a team is somewhat irrelevant isn't it ? Surely the focus is on development of the players for the future, if this means exposing a player to situations outside his comfort zone then so be it, if that means they lose a game or two, then so be it... They will finish where they finish.

lets_talk_soccer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by lets_talk_soccer »

There are two players training with Parahills Knights U/19s currently, Ben Evans and Jacob Williams. Ben is U/16s and Jacob U/15s this coming season and both have been picked to play at Parahills in the U/17s squad. They have both been called up to train with the Reserve team aswell. Both players are within the SASI age bracket as they are 93 and 94 born so surely both these players should get a look at by SASI coaches as obviously the 19's and Reserves coaches have seen potential in both these players.

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

lets_talk_soccer wrote:There are two players training with Parahills Knights U/19s currently, Ben Evans and Jacob Williams. Ben is U/16s and Jacob U/15s this coming season and both have been picked to play at Parahills in the U/17s squad. They have both been called up to train with the Reserve team aswell. Both players are within the SASI age bracket as they are 93 and 94 born so surely both these players should get a look at by SASI coaches as obviously the 19's and Reserves coaches have seen potential in both these players.
That is the story for so many other talented players over the years. Sadly, I don't think SASI have the resources or structures to capture every talented player, then weed out the wheat from the chaff (there's probably a better way of saying that but I'm sure you get my drift).
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

footballfan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by footballfan »

If the boys are good enough they get spotted by Zone and then State coaches at age 11, 12, 13, 14.

The State coaches are regularly looking for and trialling new talent. It is not unusual to see a handful of new players train with a state squad part way through the year.

The exceptional players remain in the state system and if good enough eventually progress from state to SASI.

Jacob Williams is a great player and was in the state system during 2008 and was seen by SASI staff during the 2008 National Tournament. SASI would be fully aware of him as a potential left sided player.

If the late bloomers that still havent been spotted by State/SASI are good enough, they will progress at club level and eventually be seen perfrming well in the soccer community at Super, Premier or State League games.

However, you would think that most (not all) of the boys who have potential would have been spotted by the time they are 15 or 16.

It is also worth considering that many of the older SASI boys would be playing reserves or first team for their clubs if they had remained at their clubs, but by departing their clubs have created opportunities for other lads to progress quickly.

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

footballfan wrote:If the boys are good enough they get spotted by Zone and then State coaches at age 11, 12, 13, 14.

The State coaches are regularly looking for and trialling new talent. It is not unusual to see a handful of new players train with a state squad part way through the year.

The exceptional players remain in the state system and if good enough eventually progress from state to SASI.

Jacob Williams is a great player and was in the state system during 2008 and was seen by SASI staff during the 2008 National Tournament. SASI would be fully aware of him as a potential left sided player.

If the late bloomers that still havent been spotted by State/SASI are good enough, they will progress at club level and eventually be seen perfrming well in the soccer community at Super, Premier or State League games.

However, you would think that most (not all) of the boys who have potential would have been spotted by the time they are 15 or 16.
It is also worth considering that many of the older SASI boys would be playing reserves or first team for their clubs if they had remained at their clubs, but by departing their clubs have created opportunities for other lads to progress quickly.
Yes, you would think. Many would disagree (and I'm one of them).

I'm not bagging the system as such, I just think that it should be given more resources.

And as always my caveat is; I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.
:wink:
Who?... Who is but a form, followed by the function of what... And what I am, is a man in a mask!

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

can anyone name a player who was never a state rep or SASI player, got to the age of 20 and moved away from SA and has since made it?????

my guess is that you will all struggle to name more than 5!!!!!!!!!!!

my point is.... if youre good enough, you will be noticed!!!!!!
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

Squizzy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Squizzy »

MegaBonus wrote:can anyone name a player who was never a state rep or SASI player, got to the age of 20 and moved away from SA and has since made it?????

my guess is that you will all struggle to name more than 5!!!!!!!!!!!

my point is.... if youre good enough, you will be noticed!!!!!!
Fair enough and in some respects, I do agree with you.

However, consider the elite training that the lucky ones receive, that make them an even better player. Then it would be difficult to compare with the ones that got away wouldn't it? (so to speak).

And if there was more resources available, imagine what depth we could have at our disposal.

I mean nothing negative. It is just logical, common sense.

lets_talk_soccer
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by lets_talk_soccer »

I just think that there are just too many good kids that miss out on extra training from either SASI or State. I know you cant blame the coaches, they dont have 1000s eyes to see every single kid and their potenital. I know that there would be restrictions on how many kids they can pick for a squad but I believe it is up to clubs and clubs coaches to refer kids to these sorts of development teams. So if kids are 'late bloomers' they can have a crack at these sides aswell. It isnt fair for a kid at age 15 to miss out on extra coaching like SASI if they werent good enough to make a younger state development teams like U11s.
And thats the problem, kids miss out at a younger age and dont get looked at again. That is an aspect of junior soccer that needs improvement, not just in SA i suspect, but all over Australia.

Southampton #7
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Southampton #7 »

maybe we should bring the level of coaching up to a standard where most kids will benifit not just the few.,

FT9
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by FT9 »

we live in australia not italy spain england or anywhere in europe
our coaches will not get to a standard that u speak of where most kids will benefit and not just the few
soccer isnt taken as our national iconic sport which doesnt help either
with that the government wont help fund anything coz there champagne
it will take at least 50+ years for sumtin to happen around here
ImageImage

midfield
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by midfield »

You guys are unbelievable. You are making it sound like the coaches are the only thing stopping your kids from becoming a player good enough to play in the English Premier League.

The talent in this town gets selected for SASI. The enviroment at SASI should be intimidating. The top players will cope with that; and this will help them to go to bigger and better things. OK some players will be questionably left out or included, but that is life in football. The player either falls apart or gets stronger for the experience.

Parents should not feel like they can approach Elvis or Noel. Can you imagine if they had to listen to the opinion of every parent. My God, it would be a disaster. I think that too many parents these days talk negatively about their childrens coaching ability in front of their kids. This is bad. Focus on getting your kids to work harder at training!

When we had the International soccer challange in Adelaide with the youth teams from Liverpool Juventus etc; these lads had top quality training. Guess how many from the Liverpool academy are first team players......None. Aston Villa has one who progressed from that Adelaide tornament; Abonglahor. My point is that maybe [b][u]one [/u][/b]player from every 3 or so years of SASI scholoships will make it.

Parents should stop talking negative around their kids and get them training harder and eating right and living a healthy lifestyle. Stop blaming others for their lack of opportunities :D

Drusetta
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Drusetta »

slowcoach wrote:SASI ANNOUNCE 2009 SCHOLARSHIP PLAYERS - November 11, 2008
Added by: Dimitri Peppas
The South Australian Sports Institute (SASI) has announced its list of Scholarship holders for 2009.
SASI earned promotion to the Devine Homes Premier League for season 2009 after finishing second in the State League in 2008. 2009 SASI Scholarship Players

Name Previous Club
Lucas Andrucci Croydon
Chris Pepe Campbelltown City
Chahine Noujaim Western Strikers
Joel Miller Para Hills
Michael Alexandrou West Adelaide
Alex Mullen Para Hills
Nathan Farrell Playford City
Joseph Costa Adelaide City
Andrew Lindsay Para Hills
Josh Donk Adelaide Hills
Dario Staka Campbelltown City
Mark Perrone MetroStars
David Wadey Para Hills
Patrick Miranda West Adelaide
Liam Wooding Cumberland United
Alex Townsley Playford City
Angelo Varricchio Adelaide Blue Eagles
Ryan Kitto Cumberland United
Alex Mills Modbury
David Makridis Adelaide Comets
Dylan Willcocks Modbury
Jake Monaco Western Strikers
Giorgio Pantelis MetroStars
Jarryd McLauglin Para Hills
George Hatzipanagiotis Adelaide Comets
Jordan Elsey Para Hills
Justin Davis Adelaide Galaxy
Shaun Harvey Modbury
Paul Radice Adelaide City
Chris Vounasis Adelaide Comets
Nick Munro Adelaide Galaxy
Congratulations to all of the boys. You have worked hard to get this opportunity, take it!
For the Game. For the World.

Drusetta