Stevie Me

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Stevie Me

Post by Hawkesy »

Laziale wrote:So many of you are glad to see Stevie G not play for England; if the English team means nothing to you and you have no connection to England, why support an English club? :?
Possibly the most sensible post on this forum EVER!!!
Things I am owed because they're too tight to pay up:

Colossus: One House

Costa: One Lunch

Oh and add in

Colossus: one photo and one letter from his "attorney".

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

hahaha i cnt believe this is a topic
funny as

but rafa dont wanna wear lil stevie g out, he knows if the g train aint workin, then the whole pooh ship will sink quick

carra better then rio or terry?? havin a laugh

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

MUFCBOY wrote: but rafa dont wanna wear lil stevie g out, he knows if the g train aint workin, then the whole pooh ship will sink quick
we've already proven it this season that we don't NEED stevie g

man u on the other hand, garbage without ronnie
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

Levendi wrote:
MUFCBOY wrote: but rafa dont wanna wear lil stevie g out, he knows if the g train aint workin, then the whole pooh ship will sink quick

Well said, MUFCBOY can you tell me what the score was when both Stevie G and Torres weere out against you earlier this season :clown:

LFTWNG11
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by LFTWNG11 »

getborn wrote:
LFTWNG11 wrote:I love you Stevie GGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
credibility lost.
yea ok.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

be interesting to see who capello picks for the next competitive squad, and in the future, the world cup.... as suddently everyone wants to play for there country for a month every four years, even though they couldn't give a toss the rest of the time... will he go with the big names or the players who want to be there as IMO half the squad don't want to be there while fringe players such as carrick and bullard want to play... IMO carragher did the right thing and retired as his heart wasn't in international football...
ImageImage

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

MUFCBOY wrote:hahaha i cnt believe this is a topic
funny as

but rafa dont wanna wear lil stevie g out, he knows if the g train aint workin, then the whole pooh ship will sink quick

carra better then rio or terry?? havin a laugh
hahaha, pot calling the kettle black - ill be the first to admit that torres and stevie are crucial parts of out side...but they are not everything.

But with a comment like that - you obviously havent looked in your own backyard - you douche.

how did you go at the start of the season - BEFORE ronaldo started playing...take away allll the goals that guy has scored, and see where that leaves you on the table...

This year stevie and nando havent been that much of an influence...kuyt has been our main outlet!
Tommy: We've lost Gorgeous George.

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

GiveNgog
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by GiveNgog »

Levendi wrote:

totsreds08
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by totsreds08 »

influence of ronaldo>influence of torres + gerrard

no torres vs chelsea at stamdford last season and this and we have come away with 4 points
no torres vs arsenal last season at emirate and come away with a point
no torres or gerrard vs man u this season and 3 points

no ronaldo vs liverpool and we win
even last season when ronaldo didnt play vs bolton away you guys lost

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Post by Missing Post Count »

Warning:
James Richardson wrote:England call ups can seriously damage your health

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Dominic Fifield in Berlin
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday November 19 2008 00.01 GMT
The Guardian, Wednesday November 19 2008
That policy saw Steven Gerrard, one of possibly eight first-choice players absent this evening, travel to Watford to be evaluated by England's medical staff on Sunday, having already been ruled out by Liverpool with a groin injury sustained at Bolton on Saturday. Rafael Benítez had been unimpressed at his captain having to make a 400-mile round trip when he might have been recuperating but Capello will insist on his players doing the same in future.

"This will be the rule for next time," said the Italian. "Always the England doctor will check the physical condition of the players. We respect the doctors of the [club] teams but the rules will be to check the condition of the players. I spoke privately with Rafael Benítez. When a player plays on a Saturday or Sunday and we have a game, we will check whether or not it is possible for them to recover for our match. This is my way of doing things, a way to avoid arguments or misunderstandings. It is our new protocol."

Updachels
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Updachels »

Hawkesy wrote:
Laziale wrote:So many of you are glad to see Stevie G not play for England; if the English team means nothing to you and you have no connection to England, why support an English club? :?
1966 was a great year for english football
Gianfranco Zola was born

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

Updachels wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
some people probably don't support clubs based on their nationality?

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

some people probably don't support clubs based on their nationality?[/quote]

and some might support their country however their club may come first :o

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Levendi wrote:some people probably don't support clubs based on their nationality?

Well they shuold do, they should support their local side and if they don't then they should have some respect for the countries that those clubs play in. That's the problem with the aussie football supporters - a bunch of bandwagon jumpers.

Oh and add in

ozzie owl
Coach
Coach

Post by ozzie owl »

Hawkesy wrote:
hellas_08 wrote:it is always gerrard and terry i think u english should not call those grenache up if they cant be bothered playing for their country
Well hopefully Capello has the balls to do exactly that. I'd rather have 11 blokes who want to be there.
I'm getting worried I agree with you again.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

ozzie owl wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:
hellas_08 wrote:it is always gerrard and terry i think u english should not call those grenache up if they cant be bothered playing for their country
Well hopefully Capello has the balls to do exactly that. I'd rather have 11 blokes who want to be there.
I'm getting worried I agree with you again.
don't panic, i've had a go at you in another thread! :wink:

Oh and add in

coutinho10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by coutinho10 »

in response of the original topic

Liverpool's Fernando Torres looks set to make his first Anfield start for almost three weeks against Fulham, but Steven Gerrard will miss out with a groin injury
LIVERPOOL FC *****

Gabon
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Gabon »

alm01 wrote:in response of the original topic

Liverpool's Fernando Torres looks set to make his first Anfield start for almost three weeks against Fulham, but Steven Gerrard will miss out with a groin injury
So Stevie G did miss the game then :o , no surprises then that Lampard, Rooney and Ferdinand all played for their clubs this weekend :roll:

No bashing them though Hawkesy is there :?:

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

Gabon wrote:
alm01 wrote:in response of the original topic

So Stevie G did miss the game then :o , no surprises then that Lampard, Rooney and Ferdinand all played for their clubs this weekend :roll:

No bashing them though Hawkesy is there :?:
I will bash them as well, but gerrard has previous. Still not convinced that Rafa didn't rest him because it was ONLY fulham. Would he have played it is was against chelsea. We'll never know.

I don't where you think i wouldn't jump on a chance to bash the drug cheat millwall reject though!

Oh and add in

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

Hawkesy wrote:
Levendi wrote:some people probably don't support clubs based on their nationality?

Well they shuold do, they should support their local side and if they don't then they should have some respect for the countries that those clubs play in. That's the problem with the aussie football supporters - a bunch of bandwagon jumpers.
i don't understand the logic behind you bagging foreigners for embracing other nationalities clubs? if it wasn't for internationals in the EPL the competition would be no-where near where it is at the moment. without international supporters (and players) the EPL would not be argued as the most prestigious league in the world to watch, and play in.

an international is in charge of your national team, what do you think about that?
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

10 wrote:
Hawkesy wrote:

i don't understand the logic behind you bagging foreigners for embracing other nationalities clubs? if it wasn't for internationals in the EPL the competition would be no-where near where it is at the moment. without international supporters (and players) the EPL would not be argued as the most prestigious league in the world to watch, and play in.

an international is in charge of your national team, what do you think about that?
Thats not unusual these days.
Ignore this signature

First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by 10 »

and supporting an international club is?
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt" - Bill Shankly

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

If Capello wants to ignore team doctors advice then that is fine, he has been given the job of running the National Team and at his disposal he has a medical team which will make independent diagnosis of players selected for international games. The slurs against Stevie G in this particular case are totally unwarranted, he was injured, he travelled to see the National Team medical panel and they confirmed it, he did not play against Fulham , this is exactly what Capello wanted to happen . He is the main man and good on him for setting a rule, let's just hope they stick to it, and possibly establish a few centres of diagnosis in England, say one in the north and one in the south to avoid inconvenience for all concerned.

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

10 wrote:i don't understand the logic behind you bagging foreigners for embracing other nationalities clubs? if it wasn't for internationals in the EPL the competition would be no-where near where it is at the moment. without international supporters (and players) the EPL would not be argued as the most prestigious league in the world to watch, and play in.

I don't care about the prestige of the EPL though, in fact I'd prefer it to go back to only 2 foreigners in any team. I don't care about foreign "fans" why? because they are not true fans anyway. To be a fan you have to live and breathe the club. how can a 3rd generation aussie, living in findon do that.

As for a foreign manager, i would prefer an English guy doing the job but i also want the best person to coach. The players, however, must be ENGLISH!!

Oh and add in

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

do you currently live and breathe millwall then?

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Levendi wrote:do you currently live and breathe millwall then?
He will when we collect enough money to send him "HOME"

Hawkesy
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Hawkesy »

clearly not, i am not at the ground supporting them every week, home and away. I have my link to the club though and have been a season ticket holder in the past.

Oh and add in

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

Hawkesy wrote:
10 wrote:i don't understand the logic behind you bagging foreigners for embracing other nationalities clubs? if it wasn't for internationals in the EPL the competition would be no-where near where it is at the moment. without international supporters (and players) the EPL would not be argued as the most prestigious league in the world to watch, and play in.

I don't care about the prestige of the EPL though, in fact I'd prefer it to go back to only 2 foreigners in any team. I don't care about foreign "fans" why? because they are not true fans anyway. To be a fan you have to live and breathe the club. how can a 3rd generation aussie, living in findon do that.

As for a foreign manager, i would prefer an English guy doing the job but i also want the best person to coach. The players, however, must be ENGLISH!!
an attitudes like that are the reason soccer/football in australia will never take off.

you have to be a die hard, or your nothing.... :?

Brick Top: Well, where'd you lose him? He ain't a set of fucking car keys now, is he? And it ain't as if he's incon-fucking-spicuous now, is it?

BrickTop
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by BrickTop »

Hawkesy wrote:
clearly not, i am not at the ground supporting them every week, home and away. I have my link to the club though and have been a season ticket holder in the past.
my dad, born in aldershot, but moved to leeds, held a season ticket for 5 years, moved to australia, dabbles in a bit of adelaide united....so is he not a true supporter of either? or should he be supporting aldershot? or leeds? or whom?

and who should i support? because i have my ties with england, do i have the right to support them? or do i have to stick with adelaide united?