Sunday Div 1 Player Movements

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Sunday Div 1 Player Movements

Post by Jay Walking »

Any early goss on who is going where?

From what I have heard

Paul the Cameroon from Gardens is off to Metros

Vale may keep Dallas Crane and appoint him as coach.

Florina have rang every Super League player :lol:

Two players leaving Pontian but I dont know who

Redders to become Chairman/coach/striker at Lion

I haven't heard anything about the Downs, West, Fulham, Inter.

What's everyone else got?

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Sunday Div 1 Player Movements

Post by Cantona.7 »

Big loss for PG if the cameroonian lad is off to Metro.
How old is he by the way?

Had heard there were a few of the Vale lads heading up to Olympic with Ivan....maybe a wise choice to stay seeing as OLYMPIC are $237,000 in debt according to one of the committee members...

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Pontians have lost Billy Karapetis to Adelaide Villa. Not a 100% sure on the second player but after talking to a few of his mates apparently Ang Petronzio may be leaving too.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

medallion wrote:Pontians have lost Billy Karapetis to Adelaide Villa. Not a 100% sure on the second player but after talking to a few of his mates apparently Ang Petronzio may be leaving too.
Is that definate??

FORMERKING
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by FORMERKING »

STEPHEN STAM FROM PARA HILLS KNIGHTS MORE THAN LIKELY TO PARAFIELD....

haywood djablowme
Star Player
Star Player

Post by haywood djablowme »

Jay Walking wrote:Any early goss on who is going where?

From what I have heard

I've heard from his own mouth he his happy at Gardens & aint going anywhere, on Sunday at the Gardens BBQ. Didnt deny he had been training elsewhere. You have to understand somebody from Paul's background can & sometimes will find it had to migrate into the community this including sporting, social clubs etc. With Parafield Gardens he has had the support needed from the Chairman down. Also with the guidance (plus translator) from his good friend & captain of the ressies Fritz Tample, who is also from Cameroon, all this has assisted Paul with intergrating not only himself but also his family into SA only meaning good things for P.G.S.C :wink:

Stamma will be a nice inclusion also :D
SAASL SUNDAY PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPION 2010 2011
SAASL CHALLENGE CUP WINNER 2008 2010 2011
SAASL CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS WINNER 2010
SAASL CICHANOWSKI SHIELD WINNER 2009 2011 2012

Los Del Eague
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Los Del Eague »

Cantona.7 wrote: How old is he by the way?
17 :shock:
Kip Keino got away with it for years :wink:
The young boys said unto him....."go up baldhead, go up"......so he did, rose like a salmon and nodded the ball into the net......1 nil! :-)

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Jay Walking wrote:
medallion wrote:Pontians have lost Billy Karapetis to Adelaide Villa. Not a 100% sure on the second player but after talking to a few of his mates apparently Ang Petronzio may be leaving too.
Is that definate??
Definitely is, he's done his run playing sunday's. Just wants a change and sunday's with the family.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

haywood djablowme wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:Any early goss on who is going where?

From what I have heard

I've heard from his own mouth he his happy at Gardens & aint going anywhere, on Sunday at the Gardens BBQ. Didnt deny he had been training elsewhere. You have to understand somebody from Paul's background can & sometimes will find it had to migrate into the community this including sporting, social clubs etc. With Parafield Gardens he has had the support needed from the Chairman down. Also with the guidance (plus translator) from his good friend & captain of the ressies Fritz Tample, who is also from Cameroon, all this has assisted Paul with intergrating not only himself but also his family into SA only meaning good things for P.G.S.C :wink:

Stamma will be a nice inclusion also :D
I can understand where your coming from Haywood but its just what I was told. Not sure if Metro are offering him much money. How did he come about been involved at Gardens?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

medallion wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:
Is that definate??
Definitely is, he's done his run playing sunday's. Just wants a change and sunday's with the family.
If he can stay fit he will be a great addition. You dont lose class and vision and Billy has both in bucket loads.

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Jay, our club has had some fantastic Cameroon players over the last 10 years Fritz Tambe has been our reserve captain quite a number of years & just recieved Player Life Membership

He brought his good mate Burt to the Gardens who played in our 2002 League winning side. He played up front along side Barrie Crook & was a fantastic player.

Then last season Paul another good mate of Fritz's just immigrated to Australia & we were lucky enough to pick him up!!! He completed the Cameroonian trifecta for our club.....

My tip is you'll see Paul in the Gold & Black strips again, & watch out for our Cameroonian pick four :wink:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

nugget66 wrote:Jay, our club has had some fantastic Cameroon players over the last 10 years Fritz Tambe has been our reserve captain quite a number of years & just recieved Player Life Membership

He brought his good mate Burt to the Gardens who played in our 2002 League winning side. He played up front along side Barrie Crook & was a fantastic player.

Then last season Paul another good mate of Fritz's just immigrated to Australia & we were lucky enough to pick him up!!! He completed the Cameroonian trifecta for our club.....

My tip is you'll see Paul in the Gold & Black strips again, & watch out for our Cameroonian pick four :wink:
Fair enough, I've just been told different is all. :)

finderskeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by finderskeeper »

I remember when Tony Reeves could move !

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

You've been told wrong then Jay!

steedy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by steedy »

finderskeeper wrote:I remember when Tony Reeves could move !
look out he is in training... a good pre season under his belt and he will be great..the man is a legend...
will be wild to see him in maroon regularly... :D :D
The PRIDE the PASSION..
We're in the biggest army the league has ever seen
and we are marching as one on the road to a league title...
NULLI SECUNDUS....
2012... year of the DOWNS............U LOOSE TO THE MAROONS :-)

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

Franky Marron (Florina) to cash strapped Adelaide Olympic. $263,000 in debt and they are probably throwing more cash around than most Super League clubs - maybe this is why they are $263,000 in debt.

Left Right Out
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Left Right Out »

Cantona.7 wrote:Franky Marron (Florina) to cash strapped Adelaide Olympic. $263,000 in debt and they are probably throwing more cash around than most Super League clubs - maybe this is why they are $263,000 in debt.
Im glad this was brought up, Cash strapped Olympic BUT Cashed up Ivan maybe?? The going rate is about $250 a game if the rumours are true.

Cantona.7
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Cantona.7 »

Its the same old Olympic scenario - one guy comes in throws some money in - gets stuff on tick - they lose - dont pay the players.....Then pulls out. Then a new guy comes in - same cycle.
Been there and done it twice myself.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Cantona.7 wrote:Franky Marron (Florina) to cash strapped Adelaide Olympic. $263,000 in debt and they are probably throwing more cash around than most Super League clubs - maybe this is why they are $263,000 in debt.
Is his brother going to go there to then?

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

nugget66 wrote:You've been told wrong then Jay!
Fair enough, I guess when the season starts we will alll know who has gone where.

Eggy 21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Eggy 21 »

Left Right Out wrote:
Im glad this was brought up, Cash strapped Olympic BUT Cashed up Ivan maybe?? The going rate is about $250 a game if the rumours are true.

i think they have salisbury round 1 at SJP

MegaBonus
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by MegaBonus »

Cantona.7
Post subject: Re: Sunday Div 1 Player Movements

Its the same old Olympic scenario - one guy comes in throws some money in - gets stuff on tick - they lose - dont pay the players.....Then pulls out. Then a new guy comes in - same cycle.
Been there and done it twice myself.

how does that saying go?????

trick me once... shame on you...

trick me twice.... shame on me...

:lol: :lol:
“Hence, we will not say that Greeks fight like heroes, but that heroes fight like Greeks." Winston Churchill

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

It must be common practice for some FFSA clubs to break contract pleading poverty, or for what ever reason & not pay there players. The reason I say this is because I've heard it from so many ex. Fed. players & if clubs are doing this regularly then the governing body should step in & do somethink about it!

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

$250 a week for F Marron!! Fk me, could pay three good players with that money in the amateur league. Wouldn't pay frank $2. His form would be 1 week on, 3 weeks partying :D funny bloke though, now his brother, definetly. least you can rely on him to play week in and week out.
Big boutso in golo!

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

M Andrea wrote:$250 a week for F Marron!! Fk me, could pay three good players with that money in the amateur league. Wouldn't pay frank $2. His form would be 1 week on, 3 weeks partying :D funny bloke though, now his brother, definetly. least you can rely on him to play week in and week out.
No animosity there??

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

None at all, like i said, top bloke, just unreliable when we really needed him this year.
Big boutso in golo!

M Andrea
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by M Andrea »

Hey Jay, Yes we have rang every super league player, and we have 6 of them coming next year. :!:
their names are Aaron, Aaron, Aaron, Aaron, Aaron & Aaron. Not only will Aaron be double marked, he will also be double teamed and double footed tackled, leaving 6 players free from our team to do the damage. :D :D :D :D ok, that was my stupid joke for the year..
Big boutso in golo!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

M Andrea wrote:Hey Jay, Yes we have rang every super league player, and we have 6 of them coming next year. :!:
their names are Aaron, Aaron, Aaron, Aaron, Aaron & Aaron. Not only will Aaron be double marked, he will also be double teamed and double footed tackled, leaving 6 players free from our team to do the damage. :D :D :D :D ok, that was my stupid joke for the year..

What you boys do at training is your own business and shouldnt be posted on here! Especially if you intend on "Luring" more players to you club.... :lol:
HA'WAY THE LADS

Barnicle bill
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Barnicle bill »

brings a whole new outlook to the friday night spit roast aswell :lol:

all in fun......................... its its a great club down there and im sure azza will get some decent results out of a team that hasnt done itself justice in the past few years.......all the best to azza and the boys down at florina for 2009

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

M Andrea wrote:Hey Jay, Yes we have rang every super league player, and we have 6 of them coming next year. :!:
Don't worry Andrea, I'll make sure big Christo puts a nice mark on your shin :D

It will definately make an interesting year for you guys. Is the mystery player returning that use to play for you guys a couple of years ago?