Rooney hails Rossi quality

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Rooney hails Rossi quality

Post by Le King »

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has tipped Giuseppe Rossi to take The Premiership by storm.

The 19-year-old completed a loan move to Newcastle last week to the surprise of many United fans, who felt he was on the verge of breaking into their first team.

Rooney feels that Rossi will make a success of his four-month stint at St James' Park, and praised the Italian's extraordinary goalscoring ability.

"Giuseppe is a great player and one to watch out for," hailed the England ace.

"I see him every day in training and he has really impressed me. His touch, feel of the ball and awareness are nothing short of brilliant.

"He is perhaps the best finisher at Manchester United and he will only get better."

Rooney is confident that Rossi will return to Old Trafford an improved player after consulting two men with first-hand experience of Magpies boss Glenn Roeder's talent for nurturing youngsters.

"I have talked to the likes of Michael Carrick and Joe Cole about the way Glenn Roeder brought them through at West Ham and the feeling at Old Trafford is that Giuseppe is in good hands with Newcastle," Rooney explained.

THIS KID IS GONNA BE A SUPERSTAR!

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

He is so good, you are lending him out to someone else, mmm makes sense to me :D

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

povman1964 wrote:He is so good, you are lending him out to someone else, mmm makes sense to me :D
its called experience in the premier league....
sumfin money cant buy

billi
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by billi »

i just hope that everyone is not putting to much pressure on the kid. He has been talked about as the next big star but has yet to prove it.

Just hope he makes an impression at newcastle.

ruud
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by ruud »

agree billi

The one and only
Star Player
Star Player

Post by The one and only »

hopefully the experience helps him become the great player every one is claiming he will be
I speak nothing but the truth