Pim Verbeek

This forum is for discussion related to the various Australian National Football Teams - the Socceroos, Olyroos, Joes, Matildas and so.

Moderators: Randoman, BillShankly, arxidi, Forum Admins

hellas_08
Star Player
Star Player

Pim Verbeek

Post by hellas_08 »

absolute joke.
he reminds me of another cabernet coach who puts only 1 up front

:twisted:

i like this guy but this game he didnt know wat the shiraz he was doing.
Last edited by hellas_08 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Pim Verbeek

Post by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC »

hellas_08 wrote:absolute joke.

well the main thing is we ARE 1 STEP CLOSER, now bring on 2010.
Last edited by TOPGUNJIMMYAUFC on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RADIO LALASEMENO
http://www.lalasemeno.gr

this has just changed my life............above link

dont use my name..

What has 100 legs & 4 teeth? The front row of the Collingwood cheer squad

born_wanderer
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by born_wanderer »

Well i think youre a joke mate. Japan was always gonna go for the win and we really only wanted a point over there so better off keeping a clean sheet then get wins at home.
Think bout it!

hellas_08
Star Player
Star Player

Post by hellas_08 »

yea but we could have won .
if we cared about getting the three points .

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

hellas_08 wrote:yea but we could have won .
We couldn't keep the ball tonight, pushing up and attacking would have left enough space that Japan would have exploited, we can be satisfied to leave with a draw.
Last edited by pires7 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

The away game to Japan was always going to be the toughest - a draw is a good result. Qualification for the World Cup is at stake in case some of you forgot!
Ignore this signature

born_wanderer
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by born_wanderer »

Japan dominated possession and created chances. They put alot more pressure on us. I would have loved a win and see us go for it but we have the luxury of choosing which opponents to take risks with now. And Japan isnt a side you take unnecesarry risks against. Job well done.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Yep, international football is dour generally but it will be all worth it if we can get to RSA in 2010

Russia2O18
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Russia2O18 »

hellas_08 wrote:yea but we could have won .
what makes you think we've got the playing talent to go out and dominate Japan?

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

Let's sack him too!!!
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

I would've much preferred to play 2 up front and lose 2-0

:roll:

(Sarcasm button)

redmum
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by redmum »

crue head wrote:I would've much preferred to play 2 up front and lose 2-0

:roll:

(Sarcasm button)

write in blue for sarcasm, apparently!! :wink:
FIGHTING LIKE A GIRL

hgd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hgd »

Verbeek is a great coach. 0-0 is not a good result. It is a great result away from home to the best team in the group. With the likes of Emerton and Kewell out, that would be like taking out Nakamura and Endo from the Japanese team. Verbeek's tactics were spot on as always. If he attacks more we leave space at the back, less, and they have an overwhelming amount of posession and probably win the game. We had 2 days of training time, they had 5, some of our players only arrived the day before the game (cahill & bresciano). Given the circumstances, 0-0 is a great result. End of story.

diegom
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by diegom »

hgd wrote:Verbeek is a great coach. 0-0 is not a good result. It is a great result away from home to the best team in the group. With the likes of Emerton and Kewell out, that would be like taking out Nakamura and Endo from the Japanese team. Verbeek's tactics were spot on as always. If he attacks more we leave space at the back, less, and they have an overwhelming amount of posession and probably win the game. We had 2 days of training time, they had 5, some of our players only arrived the day before the game (cahill & bresciano). Given the circumstances, 0-0 is a great result. End of story.

apparently they had over 2 weeks of training together, except for their overseas stars (nakamura etc)

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Cannot let this comment go unanswered, as someone who is saving to go to SA 2010 I was delighted with the result last night and thought our scrambling defensive tactics worked a treat. The qualification process is a long and complicated one, it does not require you to win every game , you need to accumlate enough points to make the top two and in you go. We set out to keep a clean sheet and we did, was it exciting and attractive, well no. It was nerve wracking and hard to watch because it felt like Japan were going to score eventually, but our guys held on. Mission completed, the target is still firmly in our sights. Come April 1 again the Uzi's in Sydney we will se a return to attack minded play as we go all out to get the berth we have been aiming for. Congratulations PIM.

cleveland
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cleveland »

great result. if we do qualify for the world cup, games like this will give us confidence if we face the big guns of germany spain etc. we cant attack teams like that as we cant leave space for them. all though japan arent of the same quality. we still did wat we had to. only thing i would have done different is not isolate cahill up front. swap him with holmann and kennedy for holmann on his own would have been a better option.
cleveland rocks!

hgd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hgd »

diegom wrote:
hgd wrote:Verbeek is a great coach. 0-0 is not a good result. It is a great result away from home to the best team in the group. With the likes of Emerton and Kewell out, that would be like taking out Nakamura and Endo from the Japanese team. Verbeek's tactics were spot on as always. If he attacks more we leave space at the back, less, and they have an overwhelming amount of posession and probably win the game. We had 2 days of training time, they had 5, some of our players only arrived the day before the game (cahill & bresciano). Given the circumstances, 0-0 is a great result. End of story.

apparently they had over 2 weeks of training together, except for their overseas stars (nakamura etc)
Even more reason why it is a great result!

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Your a idiot Hellas :oops: we got a point in Japan & are still top of the group?

Job done? :?

vertu1
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by vertu1 »

6 points clear in the qualifying race at halfway
no goals conceded
3 of the last 4 games at home

and you can STILL find a negative spin

unbelievable

Andy_Pipkin
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Andy_Pipkin »

povman_2009 wrote:Cannot let this comment go unanswered, as someone who is saving to go to SA 2010 I was delighted with the result last night and thought our scrambling defensive tactics worked a treat. The qualification process is a long and complicated one, it does not require you to win every game , you need to accumlate enough points to make the top two and in you go. We set out to keep a clean sheet and we did, was it exciting and attractive, well no. It was nerve wracking and hard to watch because it felt like Japan were going to score eventually, but our guys held on. Mission completed, the target is still firmly in our sights. Come April 1 again the Uzi's in Sydney we will se a return to attack minded play as we go all out to get the berth we have been aiming for. Congratulations PIM.
agree

its not a sprint anymore with only two real games but more of a marathon. We want to be top at end of the 8 games and by getting points from every game so far we are very close to finishing top 2 from where we are now.
“Walk on water? I know most people out there will be saying that instead of walking on it, I should have taken more of it with my drinks. They are absolutely right .”-Bryan Clough

mavromooni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mavromooni »

Am not sure if it's true (cant believe what you hear in the media), but Pim has said that Jason Cullina has jeopardised his position in the soceroos because he is coming back to play in the A- League.
Now the only thing I've had to hold any positive thoughts on Pim, has been his results, so I have not critisized the bloke. How can you?
Today after what I heard, I think the guy is a twat! How is the A league meant to improve and attract better players when our national coach says this tripe..... completely undermines our domestic league when he says this crap in regard to such a good player.

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Well Cullina agrees with him,

One option available to Culina to maintain his fitness levels approaching the 2010 World Cup in South Africa could be to move on loan to a Japanese or Chinese club in the A-League off-season.

Culina himself admitted such a move might be needed following last week's match in Yokohama.