Para Hills Exodus

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Para Hills Exodus

Post by Rodent »

Rumour in the drain at the "PADDOCKS" that there seems to be
many a player from several teams both young and old fleeing
the area like "Rats from a ship thats just made port.!!!

anyone else know what is going on.???
Every Rat has his day !!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Re: Para Hills Exodus

Post by Jay Walking »

From the fed club???

Don't know to many that are leaving except for Nicky Orr to AC and a couple of guys may be A league contracts (Marrone etc)

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

young Kontos has gone to West Adelaide

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

Jay Walking wrote:From the fed club???

Don't know to many that are leaving except for Nicky Orr to AC and a couple of guys may be A league contracts (Marrone etc)
Seems like the Gardens are fishing in your spot Jay :wink: :wink:

Gardens Recruit
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Gardens Recruit »

Ill tell ya wats goin on down there...they need 2 get organised n sort out teams earlier. Other squads have been selected before christmas or just after the break period...NOT PARA HILLS...they drag it out and dont tell players what is happening so no one knows whats goin on...leaves players confused and then they leave going to a club which they no they can get a spot before its to late. I no because this has happened because i was "trialling" down there. Ive heard they are struggling for numbers as well and this could all be resolved if they pulled their finger out and tell players what is happenin and keeping them updated etc etc. :!: :oops:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

lefty wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:From the fed club???

Seems like the Gardens are fishing in your spot Jay :wink: :wink:
:?:

I'm talking first team players, not 19's or 23's players. We already have some U23's players coming out to train with us from Para.

Certainly Para aren't our spot. Last season, of our new recruits, only one came from Para Hills so I'm not sure what your on about.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Gardens Recruit wrote:Ill tell ya wats goin on down there...they need 2 get organised n sort out teams earlier. Other squads have been selected before christmas or just after the break period...NOT PARA HILLS...they drag it out and dont tell players what is happening so no one knows whats goin on...leaves players confused and then they leave going to a club which they no they can get a spot before its to late. I no because this has happened because i was "trialling" down there. Ive heard they are struggling for numbers as well and this could all be resolved if they pulled their finger out and tell players what is happenin and keeping them updated etc etc. :!: :oops:
What squads are struggling for numbers? Ive been told there is to many 23's players at the moment or are you refering to the juniors?

Gardens Recruit
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Im talking about the 19's and 23's in particular...If promises cant be kept then they shouldnt make promises...it happened to a few players last year in the 19's and they got fed up and left so week in week out they pulled up 17's 2 play for them...it looks that way again for the 19's this season...the 23's have a gud squad, but saying that it could also be better and the first team has a fairly decent team as well, but you cant keep players waiting till just b4 the season when it is too l8 for them to make a move to another federation club. The biggest problem is a lack of communication. They expect to much of players when some people who dont get payed have 2 work 2 earn themselves a living.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

Jay,

it dosent matter what age groups we are talking about that fact of the matter is players are leaving !!!

I have heard that it is in all age groups from juniors up to seniors. even if they have more players than
required in the 23's isnt it better to have to many than not enough. The main issue is players are leaving and its
not being addressed.

It seems to me that there is some serious problems at the paddocks... for example the preseason
Para Hills comp..... it was on it was off it was on its off and to be honest do we know the real reason as to why..??
the other clubs involved have been left to now find another way to start the season off....

maybe they need to see what is happening across the airport from what I read the mayor's cup looks organised
Every Rat has his day !!

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Gardens Recruit wrote:Im talking about the 19's and 23's in particular...If promises cant be kept then they shouldnt make promises...it happened to a few players last year in the 19's and they got fed up and left so week in week out they pulled up 17's 2 play for them...it looks that way again for the 19's this season...the 23's have a gud squad, but saying that it could also be better and the first team has a fairly decent team as well, but you cant keep players waiting till just b4 the season when it is too l8 for them to make a move to another federation club. The biggest problem is a lack of communication. They expect to much of players when some people who dont get payed have 2 work 2 earn themselves a living.
I think you will find that all Fed clubs keep as many players as possible right up until the end in case they need them. Happens every year at most clubs. If you dont get a run in a Super League club in the first 4 games, asked to be transfer to a Premier League or State League club.

Fair point about communication, its something that a lot of clubs need help with.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Rodent wrote:Jay,

it dosent matter what age groups we are talking about that fact of the matter is players are leaving !!!

I have heard that it is in all age groups from juniors up to seniors. even if they have more players than
required in the 23's isnt it better to have to many than not enough. The main issue is players are leaving and its
not being addressed.

It seems to me that there is some serious problems at the paddocks... for example the preseason
Para Hills comp..... it was on it was off it was on its off and to be honest do we know the real reason as to why..??
the other clubs involved have been left to now find another way to start the season off....

maybe they need to see what is happening across the airport from what I read the mayor's cup looks organised
The reason was because of the pitch. Its quite bumpy at the moment and they didn't want to have 2 extra games a week on there during the hottest part of the year. Yes they should of thought of that before hand but they thought the pitch would of been in better condition than it is. If it had gone ahead, I'm sure it would of been a good competition and well run much like the Mayors cup will be with Lefty running it.

Rodent
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rodent »

more than one pitch at the paddocks....but if thats the reason fair enough.
Every Rat has his day !!

Gardens Recruit
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Having too many players is good but i no some of the lads there and if they arnt getting 23's spots i bet a few of them would walk because they wouldnt want to be playing 19's. This is what happened last season with the 23's...to many of them wanted first team spots and wernt happy wen they wernt picked so many left in search of better opportunities at other clubs...best of luck to the club tho :wink:

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

Jay Walking wrote:

not being addressed.

The reason was because of the pitch. Its quite bumpy at the moment and they didn't want to have 2 extra games a week on there during the hottest part of the year. Yes they should of thought of that before hand but they thought the pitch would of been in better condition than it is. If it had gone ahead, I'm sure it would of been a good competition and well run much like the Mayors cup will be with Lefty running it.
Look here ... It's Bad Breath Jay Walking ... they f*<kd your pre-season up & now lick, lick :roll:

web
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by web »

Just on the Para hills pre season comp.
no one from Para contacted us at Brahma telling us it was cancelled.
so we wont be jumping into anything para organise in the near future.
You are more than welcome to Bring It On.

HAIL HAIL

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Rodent wrote:more than one pitch at the paddocks....but if thats the reason fair enough.
Not under lights though

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

nugget66 wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:

not being addressed.

Look here ... It's Bad Breath Jay Walking ... they f*<kd your pre-season up & now lick, lick :roll:
I don't think Para Hills even know who I am so no reason to suck up to them. How did they ruin our preseason, we are still training and still have trial games organised.

Dos Santos
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Dos Santos »

Gardens Recruit wrote:Ill tell ya wats goin on down there...they need 2 get organised n sort out teams earlier. Other squads have been selected before christmas or just after the break period...NOT PARA HILLS...they drag it out and dont tell players what is happening so no one knows whats goin on...leaves players confused and then they leave going to a club which they no they can get a spot before its to late. I no because this has happened because i was "trialling" down there. Ive heard they are struggling for numbers as well and this could all be resolved if they pulled their finger out and tell players what is happenin and keeping them updated etc etc. :!: :oops:
D.R??

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

of course people are leaving para hills, if they've got so many players, there's no possible way of hanging on to all of them!

club is being run fine from the inside, not sure what it looks like from the outside?
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Mr.T_69
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Mr.T_69 »

Levendi wrote:of course people are leaving para hills, if they've got so many players, there's no possible way of hanging on to all of them!

club is being run fine from the inside, not sure what it looks like from the outside?

As an ousider I can tell all that not everything seems to be as good as one thinks! 8) 8) 8)
"Get some nuts"

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

Committee wise Para is ok, Coach wise, different matter.

Buddha_07
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Buddha_07 »

There is i think 4 players yet to come back from the youth league team to play in the first team. Will make the squad stronger....yes! Make other players unhappy....yes! Once these players come back other players will get dropped back into the reserves and reserve players will be dropped into the 19's thus creating some unhappy players :( as they would prefer to be playing at a higher level.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Buddha_07 wrote:There is i think 4 players yet to come back from the youth league team to play in the first team. Will make the squad stronger....yes! Make other players unhappy....yes! Once these players come back other players will get dropped back into the reserves and reserve players will be dropped into the 19's thus creating some unhappy players :( as they would prefer to be playing at a higher level.
Tell them to come down to Raiders, still a couple of players short
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

deets
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by deets »

Gee -Soccer Mad,

I know I still got a lot to learn about the game - always open to any suggestions you may have.

nugget66
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by nugget66 »

deets wrote:Gee -Soccer Mad,

I know I still got a lot to learn about the game - always open to any suggestions you may have.
deets arn't you the chairman of the club?

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

nugget66 wrote:
deets wrote:Gee -Soccer Mad,

deets arn't you the chairman of the club?
No hes the Coach keep up the good work Deets theres been some good young players come out of Para Hills in recent years

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

and they'll be handy acquisitions for you lefty :wink:
things happen for a reason

lefty
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by lefty »

robinfriday10 wrote:and they'll be handy acquisitions for you lefty :wink:
Im sure they will be and I dont mind sending some their way either 6 went to Mod Jets this year how many has your club produced recently :?:

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

wasnt referring to you deets

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

have to say lefty we havent passed any onto fed clubs this year...but congrats if your club has passed on 6 amateur players to modbury jets(this is an amateur forum isnt it?) or do you mean u/12s??

good luck to D.R and S.M both good young lads
things happen for a reason