SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS 18/04/09

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Re: SATURDAY LEAGUE RESULTS 18/04/09

Post by Missing Post Count »

AHOS wrote:
crue head wrote:What happened with the Navarino vs. FC Adelaide game? I heard it got called off while Navarino were winning 1-0 due to a bit of biffo.
Yep. Unfortunate that this game was called off.
Full credit to the ref who gave the game a chance to continue, however the feuding players continued to start trouble off the pitch, leaving him no choice but to abandon the game.
No hard feelings to Navarino who came out playing hard. Sorry to see that there was a lack of discipline from individuals on both sides.
Agree with all of that. It was nothing like what I saw at Black Eagles last season but I can't condone what I saw from both sides.

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

(A's) Flinders 1-4 Budapest
1 all at half time, and looking very even, flinders just changed thier team around to much for the second half and while budapest didn't dominate, they definately deserved thier win, the forward who scores thier goals and doesnt pass got sent off very late in the game, flinders were also down to 10 men by then.

(B's) Flinders won but imnot sure the score, maybe 3-0.
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

The Toffees
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by The Toffees »

swannsong wrote:
Kitchimo wrote: Bs
I reffed this game so I can comment. Breakers started extremely well and took a deserved lead. Iggies scored a lucky goal before the break. In the second half, Iggies came out firing and scored the second early. There was a bit of a midfield tussle for a while, but the majority of the ball was in Breakers' half. As they began to tire, they got exposed at the back and Iggies were able to score a 3rd and 4th (one a tap-in, and the other was a one-on-one with about 5 to go).

Well in to the Breakers today, good people and supported the BBQ well. The B grade had an old bloke playing at the back who had some sublime skills!
Wasn't Kym Bilecki was it....?

Yes it was. 49 years young but can still do things with the ball the rest of us can only dream of.

As far as the OISC 2 - 3 Southern Breakers A grade scorline goes. Teriffic effort by Iggies to fight back from 2 down with 10 men but I thought we got what we deserved, 3 points.
Kopites are Gobshites

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Popovic got sent off? That's a big blow!
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Twitchyarry
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Twitchyarry »

I said to thier cb during the game that they would expect either Zelko, that right wing number 8 or their GK to get sent off every game? and he just yeah, and laughed.

They aren't that great, if we didn't change it around we would have got something out of the game, same as FC adelaide game where we were 1-0 down at half time in a very ordinary game from both teams and made 3 changes at half time, then went on to lose 4-2, that was the first game of the season.
If you're having Spurs problems I feel bad for you son
I've got 99 problems but the Yids ain't one.

PS: Spurs remain a quality side, I don't care what you say. The Feyernoord Jubileum Tournament doesn't win itself, you know.

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

McLaren Districts 1- Adel Cougars 1 (a)
McLaren Districts 2- Adel Cougars 1 (b)

Not the start that we hoped for. One of those games where the ball just wouldn't go in. It took a last minute equaliser from F Vottari to steal us a point, but should well have been 6-1 at least..... anyway, on to next week.
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

5cougarsthanx
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by 5cougarsthanx »

AHOS wrote:
crue head wrote:What happened with the Navarino vs. FC Adelaide game?

I heard it got called off while Navarino were winning 1-0 due to a bit of biffo.

Full credit to the ref who gave the game a chance to continue, however the feuding players continued to start trouble off the pitch, leaving him no choice but to abandon the game.

No hard feelings to Navarino who came out playing hard. Sorry to see that there was a lack of discipline from individuals on both sides.
Hi AHOS....

Very suprised with what happened down there yesterday. Knowing your clubs players and culture, very suprised that you guys would be involved in anything like that.
CROYDON COUGARS SC Est 1999

AHOS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AHOS »

5cougarsthanx wrote:
AHOS wrote:

I heard it got called off while Navarino were winning 1-0 due to a bit of biffo.

Hi AHOS....

Very suprised with what happened down there yesterday. Knowing your clubs players and culture, very suprised that you guys would be involved in anything like that.
Cheers for the compliment. It was an individual from each team involved in the incident and not all members of the 2 clubs. We'll need to discipline our player as I'm sure Navarino will theirs.

Teza
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Teza »

Bodø Glimt wrote:
Googłe [Bot] wrote:
Webster wrote:Anyway you didnt say ressies result?
Navarino 1 Adelaide 2
I came to watch after my own game at Sturt Marion and the game was underway when I arrived. Adelaide were up 1-0 at the time. Not long after Navarino equalized with a cracker of a goal and that's how the first half finished. We bundled in a winner after the break.

cracker of a goal hey bodo.. :D :D

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Alinoz wrote:Stirling vs Wanderers.

A's 3-1
B's 5-2
SAASL website says the reserves was Stirling 20 Wanderers 1 Image

Monkey Boy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Monkey Boy »

Maybe someone from the league went out there and thought that is what the scoreline should have been!!! :lol:

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Far King wrote:Apparently Africa v Sturt was abandoned just before halftime after a pitch invasion from the African sideline. Sturt were leading 2-1.
I'm sure my old mate Butler would have sorted the pitch invaders out. If they were smart they would run away from him, not towards him.

jj1979
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by jj1979 »

Before i start i dont have anything to do with any club involved but what happened on sat was a absoloute disgrace.It all started with a disgraceful 2 footed lunge tackle on a sturt player..The sturt lad got up to let him know he wasnt to impressed with it and fair enough to.There was a bit of push and shove but nothing that was going to get out of hand.Next thing some clown from the african sideline came charging on the pitch trying to get to one of the sturt players.With in seconds most of there sideline was on the ground..The ref seemed to blow for half time which there would off been no more than a minute left then called the game off.Sturt were 2-1 up and to be fair were clearly the better side..This kind of stuff is a joke and something needs to be done.Not sure what will happen with the game.Is there any rule on a how long a game has to go for before a result can stand?Either way Africa should be punished in some way.Lets just see what the amateur league does about this.

Fresh Football
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fresh Football »

jj1979 wrote:Before i start i dont have anything to do with any club involved but what happened on sat was a absoloute disgrace.It all started with a disgraceful 2 footed lunge tackle on a sturt player..The sturt lad got up to let him know he wasnt to impressed with it and fair enough to.There was a bit of push and shove but nothing that was going to get out of hand.Next thing some clown from the african sideline came charging on the pitch trying to get to one of the sturt players.With in seconds most of there sideline was on the ground..The ref seemed to blow for half time which there would off been no more than a minute left then called the game off.Sturt were 2-1 up and to be fair were clearly the better side..This kind of stuff is a joke and something needs to be done.Not sure what will happen with the game.Is there any rule on a how long a game has to go for before a result can stand?Either way Africa should be punished in some way.Lets just see what the amateur league does about this.
A similar event happened last year in the cup Rd 2 at their ground where the game was suspended for 40+ minutes while our player was taken to hospital after a stupid, clumsy crunching tackle from the African Allstars - the player that was taken to hospital only came back this week. We also played there round one this year and after the game things got heated and they were going mental with threats and so on about who knows what... There are teams with rivalries and supporters can get a bit carried away etc but you're right this behaviour is unacceptable from them and from anyone really.
I think the match needs to have run 75% for the result to stand - 67.5 minutes..??
Adelaide Wanderers
2005 COLLEGIATE CUP CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 A
2006 DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
2006 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 2 B
2008 CHAMPIONS Sat Div 1 A
2008 CHAMPIONS OF CHAMPIONS
2013 CHALLENGE CUP QUARTER FINALISTS
http://www.adelaidewanderers.com

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

jj1979 wrote:Before i start i dont have anything to do with any club involved but what happened on sat was a absoloute disgrace.It all started with a disgraceful 2 footed lunge tackle on a sturt player..The sturt lad got up to let him know he wasnt to impressed with it and fair enough to.There was a bit of push and shove but nothing that was going to get out of hand.Next thing some clown from the african sideline came charging on the pitch trying to get to one of the sturt players.With in seconds most of there sideline was on the ground..The ref seemed to blow for half time which there would off been no more than a minute left then called the game off.Sturt were 2-1 up and to be fair were clearly the better side..This kind of stuff is a joke and something needs to be done.Not sure what will happen with the game.Is there any rule on a how long a game has to go for before a result can stand?Either way Africa should be punished in some way.Lets just see what the amateur league does about this.
A statesman like Gido Mapunda needs to come forward for the African Allstars to lead and ensure they showcase their great football

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Paleon Patros Germanos »

5cougarsthanx wrote:
AHOS wrote:

Hi AHOS....

Very disappointing to hear about the events on Saturday. We always have had a good relationship with FC Adelaide.

However, I think that everyone has hit the nail on its head that it was the action of a few from both sides rather than the majority.

Interesting that when I was there I was talking to Kontopoulos and Ladas about why cant Greeks get along. And 20 minutes after I leave I get the message about the game being abandoned.

In regards to Africa they invaded the pitch when we played them last year as well. In fact it was the yellow coat official throwing the punches!!!
Agia Lavra 1821!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Paleon Patros Germanos wrote:In regards to Africa they invaded the pitch when we played them last year as well. In fact it was the yellow coat official throwing the punches!!!
Couldn't have been the game I went to.

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Last year at Cowandilla there was a punch-up
Agia Lavra 1821!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

Bollocks. I know discipline is not their strong point but there was nothing like that at that game.

bradley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by bradley »

Yes there was Bodo.

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

So have you calmed down now?

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

East 17 wrote:
Far King wrote:Apparently Africa v Sturt was abandoned just before halftime after a pitch invasion from the African sideline. Sturt were leading 2-1.
I'm sure my old mate Butler would have sorted the pitch invaders out. If they were smart they would run away from him, not towards him.
Dan's a softcock really..... :mrgreen:

Paleon Patros Germanos
Star Player
Star Player

Bodø Glimt wrote:Bollocks. I know discipline is not their strong point but there was nothing like that at that game.
Of course not Bozo, myself and Skliro are wrong and you are right. Your such a :clown:

In fact a few weeks later one of our players was walking down Hindley and confronted... but dont quote me :roll:
Agia Lavra 1821!

Missing Post Count
Coach
Coach

I'm not interested in Hindley Street.