REFEREES COSTING TEAMS GAMES

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

REFEREES COSTING TEAMS GAMES

Post by RIDER »

on sunday i was involed in a game that no matter what the players
on that team done they were yellow carded.
examples
1) wasnt allowed to make subs after the 30 min mark
2) player had his skin ripped off his leg and that player got yellow carded(WHY I DONT KNOW)
3) players runs on field while coming through interchange yellow carded because he thought he hit a player
no player around him.
4) defender running with forward towards goal shoulder to shoulder refs waits until in box yellow carded plus penalty.
5) players puts a foot on ball at free kick stage yellow card (WHY I DONT KNOW)
6) seven players in goal square ball comes of somebodies head yellow card plus penalty
7) we scored a goal penalty was given against in all goals game ended in draw.

iam writing this because when two unior teams go out to play on a competive level and one team just gets,
harrased by the umpire its a load sht.
i hope that no other team has to go through what we went through on that ground against that team.
this referee should not be thier.
the ironic thing is that this ref is fixed at this location every week good luck.

ZZZZ
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Re: REFEREES COSTING TEAMS GAMES

Post by ZZZZ »

how bout when a referee turns up to referee your game with the tracksuit of the other team but obviously plays for the opposition in a different age group. I mean understand that refs are getting younger and they probably play as well and that we need them more than ever but how bout at least taking your club playing tracksuit off before you enter the ground and put something else on.

then ask the club for a watch so you can keep the time
then ask the club what to do with the white and yellow copies of the teamsheets

no idea.

how bout the opposition coaches who complain that your pitch is to big for an under 12's game 85-90 metres and then you tell him they are all about that size and he asks to play on the rooball pitch. then he goes into a rant and swearing in another language in front of a lot of people, beats your team on the 90 metre pitch anyway and never by all reports ever shakes the other coaches hand. then when you go to their ground thay put you on a rooball pitch so the goalies can kick the ball to each other.

feral and pathetic

solomon
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by solomon »

blues wrote:on sunday i was involed in a game that no matter what the players
examples
2) player had his skin ripped off his leg and that player got yellow carded(WHY I DONT KNOW)
3) players runs on field while coming through interchange yellow carded because he thought he hit a player
no player around him.
4) defender running with forward towards goal shoulder to shoulder refs waits until in box yellow carded plus penalty.
6) seven players in goal square ball comes of somebodies head yellow card plus penalty

iam writing this because when two unior teams go out to play on a competive level and one team just gets,
i hope that no other team has to go through what we went through on that ground against that team.
the ironic thing is that this ref is fixed at this location every week good luck.
What game are you referring to?

The Boss
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by The Boss »

At least you got a referee!!!!

A wasted Mother's Day for a couple of teams.
In argument, truth always prevails finally; in politics, falsehood always.
Walter Landor

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

solomon wrote:
examples
no player around him.

What game are you referring to?
i would prefer to keep that to myself

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Email the FFSA with a detail account of the game.

the_red_devils
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by the_red_devils »

examples
no player around him.

i agree one of the players came off for modbury then a bloke got hurt and the reff gave him a yellow card but he came off before he got hurt

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

ok so one team was Modbury (Vista) then.

Now all we have to do is de-code the incomming messages / replies and i am sure we will work it out in the end.

Actually PM me and i may be able to get some info :wink:

Either way i agree with your comments and topic :|
Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

Barney Rubble wrote:ok so one team was Modbury (Vista) then.

Now all we have to do is de-code the incomming messages / replies and i am sure we will work it out in the end.

Actually PM me and i may be able to get some info :wink:

Either way i agree with your comments and topic :|
I may be wrong but I think blues is from ABE, not Vista.
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

solomon
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by solomon »

blues wrote: i would prefer to keep that to myself
I think I have figured out the teams involved by noting certain posters' names in this thread, including yours.

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

examples
no player around him.

If you and your club were REALLY concerned you would write letter to the appropriate authorities, not come on here and type unsubstantiated rubbish...

Good luck with your cause.

rooboy1986
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rooboy1986 »

ZZZZ wrote:how bout when a referee turns up to referee your game with the tracksuit of the other team but obviously plays for the opposition in a different age group. I mean understand that refs are getting younger and they probably play as well and that we need them more than ever but how bout at least taking your club playing tracksuit off before you enter the ground and put something else on.

then ask the club for a watch so you can keep the time
then ask the club what to do with the white and yellow copies of the teamsheets

no idea.

how bout the opposition coaches who complain that your pitch is to big for an under 12's game 85-90 metres and then you tell him they are all about that size and he asks to play on the rooball pitch. then he goes into a rant and swearing in another language in front of a lot of people, beats your team on the 90 metre pitch anyway and never by all reports ever shakes the other coaches hand. then when you go to their ground thay put you on a rooball pitch so the goalies can kick the ball to each other.

feral and pathetic
Once again if you are really concerned you would put these concerns in writing... not that hard really...

FFSA
PO BOX 593
Hindmarsh SA 5007

In fact i think they even have Incident reports you can download from their website...

http://www.ffsa.com.au/applications/Doc ... Report.pdf

You can grab all the necessary details e.g. Ref name etc. from the team sheets, you should get the pink or blue copy after the game...

RIDER
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by RIDER »

rooboy1986 wrote:
examples
no player around him.

If you and your club were REALLY concerned you would write letter to the appropriate authorities, not come on here and type unsubstantiated rubbish...

The reason why i put this on is a concern in whats happening in junior soccer when we are trying to teach the kids the
rules of the game,and the rules go flying out the door and the kids on the playing field dont know whats wrong or write during that game anymore.what i wrote is a concern and not rubbish with all due respect to you.
the week before we had a referee that when a foul was given he explained the player why it was given and not just pull out
yellow cards .this a referee that explains himself to juniors well done.
When a team is denied to makes subs during a game questions have to be answered.the authorities have notified off this.
the subs were denied on both teams.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

blues wrote:
rooboy1986 wrote:
examples
no player around him.

The reason why i put this on is a concern in whats happening in junior soccer when we are trying to teach the kids the rules of the game, and the rules go flying out the door and the kids on the playing field dont know whats wrong or right during that game anymore. what i wrote is a concern and not rubbish with all due respect to you.
the week before we had a referee that when a foul was given he explained to the player why it was given and not just pull out yellow cards .this a referee that explains himself to juniors well done.
When a team is denied to makes subs during a game questions have to be answered.the authorities have notified off this.
the subs were denied on both teams.
I agree. That's why you must send a report to the FFSA, so that they are aware of problems and can get on top of them and improve the system.

They won't ban you (I hope;-), I have sent in two reports in issues; one last year and another recently. The incident last year was acted on and I noticed a huge improvement. Just remember that everyone involved in the sport are human.

muts
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by muts »

Can anyone guess?

U16 ccssc V abe?
Athletic Supporter

sgt peppers
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by sgt peppers »

muts wrote:Can anyone guess?

U16 ccssc V abe?
incorrect - i was at the above game ( u16 cssc v abe) and those incidents that were described did not occur and so it must have been another game.

in fact the goal scored in the cssc v abe was from free play and not from a penalty.

Danny Way
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Danny Way »

the_red_devils wrote:
examples
no player around him.

i agree one of the players came off for modbury then a bloke got hurt and the reff gave him a yellow card but he came off before he got hurt

Same venue, Same ref , Different age group I believe.

goal!!!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by goal!!! »

hi all,

well im not surprised at the complaints, when you look how the referees are trained and basically get thrown in to the deep end , what do you expect. interestign how the ffsa tried to merge/allign itself with several top level referee groups in order to benefit - however it backfired by the looks. this aggressive behaviour of ffsa to edjsa and other who opposse joining seems a little drastic ... while im unbiased as i have kids in both leagues the refereeing in the EDRA is mentored and good grounding skills are provided. Talk like this is virtually nil. im fascinated by the differences -maybe ffsa you should look and learn and implemnt more of what works rather than what they think ? 30 odd years of ref exp, is something to be looked at

mmhh i understand the frustrations but until ffsa sort out how they can work together with the major soccer leagues and groups that have been around longer than them , issues such as this will continue to occur and federation will miss out on better ref's

interesting to note the bullying tactic of new young ref;s being told they cant do level 4 training because ffsa doesnt want them to learn from and wont support the other ref entities ? shame really

thierry14
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by thierry14 »

Do they have people hired from FFSA to monitor the refs at games?
If not then they should i reckon...not like every game thats played on the weekend
but a handful of officials that go out and watch a few games on the weekend and
keep track of the refereeing thats going on
T-Hairy On-Reee!

solomon
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by solomon »

muts wrote:Can anyone guess?

U16 ccssc V abe?
That's what I thought too.

Hollygirl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hollygirl »

Part of the problem is the lack of referees available. It can be a case of the FFSA knowing that a ref is not fantastic but not having anyone else available.
As it is some games miss out on having a ref allocated :roll:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

my understanding is that E & D (sorry i do not know about competitions in other areas) have junior ref's who have a mentor with them until they are deemed competant.

THe FFSA do have assessors but given the shortage of ref's these guys are usually busy assessing the higher profile games :?

I think :oops:

N e Ways, put it in writing carefully and most impportantly ACCURATELY.

Cheers

trippin dee
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by trippin dee »

i wandered over and watched Para hills east and Munno para u/7s today and couldn't believe what i witnessed.A coach was qouted as saying kick him kick him and players were canstantly gang tackled repeatly by para hills east without any thing said by the ref.If there was a official there mentoring the young ref there,these things shouldn't have occured after the half time break.I was appalled by this and thought the young lad should have had some mentoring during ths match.If this is gonna happen week in week out,it is disgusting.

soccer0709
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soccer0709 »

I see that you mentioned the team by name that supposedly was doing the gang tackling but you were remiss in mentioning which team the coach belonged to that was abusive to not only the referee but his own players. No doubt reports will be sent then lets see the real truth posted.

soccer0709
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soccer0709 »

Further question what colour strips where the supposed gang tacklers wearing?
:?:

You do realise that the red and black team was not Para hills East they were wearing there change strip...... Red and black was Munno Para

Were you confused
:?:

Barney Rubble
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Barney Rubble »

thought the away team were suposed to change . . .

or was this at Munno Para :?
good call though Mr Observant :)

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Barney....your opinion on the Playford Vs West Adelaide situation? (Results Forum) Didn't you used to be a ref?

soccer0709
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soccer0709 »

Hey Barney
the game was at PHE the home team has to change strips under ED rules
as opposed to FFSA ( girls teams) where it is the away team that changes strips
Any way my info tells me that PHE were not at fault
PS Barney, what makes you think ( Mr. observant ) is male I just might be Mrs. :P

rabbit
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by rabbit »

Or both in fact, if you are a friend of Barneys.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

soccer0709
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by soccer0709 »

-
Last edited by soccer0709 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.