results 24/5

This forum is for discussion relating to junior football.

Moderators: John Cena, Forum Admins

guess what
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Re: results 24/5

Post by guess what »

lfc_reds wrote:U/14A

Raiders 2 - 5 Adelaide City
That was the cup round..

We vsed them today and lost 3-2. scored both goals with in the last 10 mins

mots
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by mots »

Unknown wrote:
hotspur123 wrote:U17C

Toros 2 White City 3

White City refused to show Toros their players cards because apparently the coach of another team had them!?
HAHA thats a joke buddy!

the coach was suspended for 1 match and there was confusion with half the team not finding the venue and there for only being there 15minutes before the game.... no such thing as a CARD! check.... the referee doesnt have to allow a Card Check but if the opposing team wanted one and didnt get one that means the club have to bring it up with FFSA and not the ref. so get your facts right.

the referee wanted to start the game and it was Toros officials that wanted a check bloody 30 seconds before kick off.

the teamsheet is all the ref needs to start a game.. and as long as thats filled in correctly then no worries
:clown: :clown: :clown:
Your not exactly correct on card checks. Rule is simple... no card...no play.

JPL Player Registrations Cards & Player Checks

a) Clubs not producing the JPL player registration cards prior to a scheduled match will forfeit the
match,as determined by the competition administrator.

b) Any player who cannot produce their JPL registration card prior to commencement of the
scheduled match is not permitted to play. It shall be the responsibility of the club officials to ensure
Competition Operating Guidelines all players participating in any JPL match shall have all player registration cards prior to kick off. Level 2 fines shall apply.
If a club wishes to conduct a check of the opposing team’s player passes, the Team Manager
must make the request to the opposing team’s Team Manager, a minimum of 15 minutes prior to
the commencement of the game. On request, all players that are participating in the game must
line-up with their player pass for the opposing Team Manager to check the player against their
player passes and also the names that appear on the team sheet.
If there is any discrepancy with any of the player passes, the Team Manager must make this know
to the opposing team’s Team Manger. A player that is in attendance but does not have their player
pass is not permitted to take to the field of play.
If there is any dispute relating to a player taking to the field and it can not be resolved
between the two Team Managers, the player in question can be noted on the team sheet as not
having the required player pass. This will then be followed up by the relevant competition
coordinator.

Now, if the team dosen't show up until just prior to the start of the game....

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Green_Manalishi »

Under 11’s Enfield 0 v Para Hills 13

Under 13 D’s Enfield 1 v Croydon 1

Under 14 C’s Enfield 1 v Adelaide Hills 1

Under 17 C’s Croydon 1 v Enfield 0
Occasionally available in blue

prefly
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by prefly »

Gawler beat Noarlunga 2-1 (Noarlunga heaps of injuries at the moment had to forfeit Cup game last week)
First time Gawler had two interchange players so know what you mean, Noarlunga seemed to have a few interchange players today.

Great game, played in great spirit and Gawlers first win. :D
must acknowledge the Noarlunga keeper today pulled off one of the best saves I've ever seen.

oh just a little note about the ref today, brilliant, just about the perfect game , well done mate! :D

paokara
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by paokara »

U/17B's
Adelaide Comets 2 Port Pirates 1

skins
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by skins »

campbeltown 13 C's 1-1 seafod C's

muts
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by muts »

mots wrote:Rule is simple... no card...no play.

If there is any dispute relating to a player taking to the field and it can not be resolved
between the two Team Managers, the player in question can be noted on the team sheet as not
having the required player pass. This will then be followed up by the relevant competition
coordinator.
Are you aware that the 2 statements you've made are in conflict.
The second is correct.
The first one I assume is a result of you failing to read or understand the second.
Athletic Supporter

manu17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manu17 »

Was the U16 A's match between West Adelaide and Adelaide Hills played?? If so what was the score??
I am asking this because no result for this game was posted on FFSA

Black Hawk
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Black Hawk »

Hawks v WA U16A not played coz WA players goes to blackfriars and/or Eynesbury

povman_2009
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by povman_2009 »

Black Hawk wrote:Hawks v WA U16A not played coz WA players goes to blackfriars and/or Eynesbury
Pig Flu, gee the authorities have really overreacted to this , worse than the hysteria that surrounded SARS, thousands of people die in Australia from the flu every year...

MESSI_10
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MESSI_10 »

rabbit wrote:Modbury/Croydon game called off. Apparently the smurfs "lost" some players to the swine flu.
When will this game be replayed???

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

povman_2009 wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:Hawks v WA U16A not played coz WA players goes to blackfriars and/or Eynesbury
Pig Flu, gee the authorities have really overreacted to this , worse than the hysteria that surrounded SARS, thousands of people die in Australia from the flu every year...
The weird thing is that the students must stay away from groups of people, ie stay at home. Yet their parents can go out anywhere and their siblings can go to school, etc. Even though they may be infected and passing it onto their family, who are allowed out and about.

How does that work?

You'd think that it would have been easier to hold all passengers coming in from affected countries for 24 hours for observation, that is if it is as bad as they say.

Sounds like a big mess up to me.

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

It does seem to be overkill and the FFSA (along with the NE Footy Association) has been given a bum steer by SA Health
The FFSA has been advised that it is a directive from their department that all students from these two schools are to remain at home for the next 7 days.

Consequently we are strongly advising that all parents and clubs adhere to the health and school warnings and if there are any players that attend these schools to remain at home for the next 7 days.
As the proud owners of a Blackfriars student we have not been given any directive for him to remain home - though obviously if possible we are limiting his exposure to the public.

Mrs Manalishi was at the Doc's today (intetestingly just across the road from Blacks) and he and his colleagues are throughly smegged off with the whole thing.

The kids are spewing too as the first round of the Year 8/9 Knock Out cup was scheduled for this Wednesday and they don't knwo if it's postponed or they forfeit.

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

[quote="Green_Manalishi"]The kids are spewing too as the first round of the Year 8/9 Knock Out cup was scheduled for this Wednesday and they don't knwo if it's postponed or they forfeit.

opposition aren't... :wink:

been told forfet.....
things happen for a reason

Hollygirl
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Hollygirl »

robinfriday10 wrote:
Green_Manalishi wrote:The kids are spewing too as the first round of the Year 8/9 Knock Out cup was scheduled for this Wednesday and they don't knwo if it's postponed or they forfeit.

opposition aren't... :wink:

been told forfet.....
It would be absolutely ridiculous if they had to forfeit and I would highly doubt that would be the case as it is a health department ruling not an individual school decision!

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Green_Manalishi wrote:It does seem to be overkill and the FFSA (along with the NE Footy Association) has been given a bum steer by SA Health
The FFSA has been advised that it is a directive from their department that all students from these two schools are to remain at home for the next 7 days.

Consequently we are strongly advising that all parents and clubs adhere to the health and school warnings and if there are any players that attend these schools to remain at home for the next 7 days.
As the proud owners of a Blackfriars student we have not been given any directive for him to remain home - though obviously if possible we are limiting his exposure to the public.

Mrs Manalishi was at the Doc's today (intetestingly just across the road from Blacks) and he and his colleagues are throughly smegged off with the whole thing.

The kids are spewing too as the first round of the Year 8/9 Knock Out cup was scheduled for this Wednesday and they don't knwo if it's postponed or they forfeit.
According to my wife; when picking up son on Friday the Principal said that the Health Department had come down and advised verbally that students are to remain at home. The documents were made before this directive.

Still believe it is ridiculous how the situation has been handled; what is it the Black Plague :shock:

PinchWeasel
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PinchWeasel »

At the end of the day, its the health department's duty to be prepared. Might be an overreaction, but better that than not reacting and something going wrong.

Easy to say they are overreacting when its not your muscat on the line if someone gets seriously ill.
Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PinchWeasel wrote:Easy to say they are overreacting when its not your muscat on the line if someone gets seriously ill.
Errrr......try reading the thread.

My son could have it, he could have given it to me, he could have given it to my wife. Are we bothered? Not really.

Given I have Type 2 Diabetes, that puts me in the higher risk category if infected with the virus, but thankfully I can differentiate between common sense and hysteria.

At the end of the day the advice regarding 'quarantine' provided by the school and several government departments is unclear.

If the logic of any 'supposed' directive were to be followed, then anyone who trained with a Blackfrairs or Eynesbury kid last Wednesday or Thursday evening should also be in home isolation. :P

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

GM,

from what i heard, only around a dozen matches were cancelled out of probably 150 matches. and they were from clubs which had a concern. my son's team was meant to be playing Croydon but the match got cancelled due to this concern. from a parent's point of view i was happy for it to be cancelled aswell as other parents from our club. There may only be a 0.00000001 chance to catching it, but a directive was handed out by the Government's Health Department, and the clubs followed this directive.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

I dont think the FFSA has overreacted at all, they are only being fair to teams that have 3 or more players that attend Blackfriars by postponing games of effected teams (effected, meaning teams that will be 3 or more players short because they have to stay at home)

However, what the Junior footy league did by cancelling ALL games is an absolute joke, overreaction and a disgrace !!!
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Brian32 wrote:GM,

from what i heard, only around a dozen matches were cancelled out of probably 150 matches. and they were from clubs which had a concern. my son's team was meant to be playing Croydon but the match got cancelled due to this concern. from a parent's point of view i was happy for it to be cancelled aswell as other parents from our club. There may only be a 0.00000001 chance to catching it, but a directive was handed out by the Government's Health Department, and the clubs followed this directive.
As I have mentioned above my son attends Blackfriars and I can assure you that we have not been given any such directive from the Health Department and no such directive appears on any of the Health Department web sites.

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Zeljko Jurin wrote:I dont think the FFSA has overreacted at all, they are only being fair to teams that have 3 or more players that attend Blackfriars by postponing games of effected teams (effected, meaning teams that will be 3 or more players short because they have to stay at home)
I don't think anyone has said the FFSA overreacted at - I certainly haven't. I just suggested they had been given a bum steer.

Hopefully it will all be a distant memory by next weekend. No more confirmed cases and 69 caes of ordinary (just as lethal) flu to worry about :P

BeNatural
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by BeNatural »

PinchWeasel
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by PinchWeasel »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
PinchWeasel wrote:Easy to say they are overreacting when its not your muscat on the line if someone gets seriously ill.
Errrr......try reading the thread.

My son could have it, he could have given it to me, he could have given it to my wife. Are we bothered? Not really.

Given I have Type 2 Diabetes, that puts me in the higher risk category if infected with the virus, but thankfully I can differentiate between common sense and hysteria.

At the end of the day the advice regarding 'quarantine' provided by the school and several government departments is unclear.

If the logic of any 'supposed' directive were to be followed, then anyone who trained with a Blackfrairs or Eynesbury kid last Wednesday or Thursday evening should also be in home isolation. :P
Thats fine and I hope you dont get it.

But imagine nothing was done and in 6 weeks time it had gone from 1 or 2 at blackfriars to 20 and one of those people dies.

There would be a lot more outrage and questions about why nothing was done when we could have easily contained it.

The chances of the above are slim, but when youre the guy that has to make the call, ill bet youd err on the side of caution. If directions are not clear from the health department, then i agree, its not good enough.
Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.

SILENT P
Star Player
Star Player

Post by SILENT P »

I had 2 boys that play in my team that attend Blackfriars and they wanted to play on the weekend and I would have loved for them to play. But as a coach which holds a duty of care to the whole team, I did not allow them to play.

Even though 99.99% they do not have the swine flu, I could not take that risk on behalf of my whole team and the club.
STAY ON YOUR FEET

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Yes, that's what my wife was told when she picked up our son;
Students and staff in Years 11 and 12 at the college have been given information and asked to remain at home. Detailed information on home quarantine has been provided to these students and staff. Similar arrangements are being made with Blackfriars Priory School this afternoon
The two letters given to the students were misleading, as there was no mention of staying at home, I argued this with my wife to no avail as she just said - the Health Dept gave new orders after the notices were printed.

I'm not concerned that the kids have been told to stay home, I just don't understand why their siblings are allowed to go to school. If one or more Blacks boys are infected, thier family would also be infected, if they have brothers or sisters at different schools the contamination is spread - doesn't make sense.

Oh well, the week will be up soon.

Green_Manalishi
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Detailed information on home quarantine has been provided to these students and staff.

Similar arrangements are being made with Blackfriars Priory School this afternoon.

Students and staff from the affected schools who have been asked to remain in quarantine will be contacted daily by Centrelink.
Never happened - and possibly only relates to Year 7 students at Blacks. As I said confusing and unclear plus 20 times the rate of normal flu in the community at present.

johnydep
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by johnydep »

Green_Manalishi wrote:
Detailed information on home quarantine has been provided to these students and staff.

Similar arrangements are being made with Blackfriars Priory School this afternoon.

Students and staff from the affected schools who have been asked to remain in quarantine will be contacted daily by Centrelink.
Never happened - and possibly only relates to Year 7 students at Blacks. As I said confusing and unclear plus 20 times the rate of normal flu in the community at present.
Why have we two different views on this? My son is not in Year 7. Are you going by what the Principal told you on Friday afternoon?

WestAdelaideBlues
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by WestAdelaideBlues »

U/16B

West Adelaide 3 - 0 Western Striker
WEST ADELAIDE TILL I DIE

nite_rida
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nite_rida »

i heard that at enfield there were players from blackfriars that still played on the weekend