FC Barcelona vs Manchester United FC

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: FC Barcelona vs Manchester United FC

Post by Victoria's Secret »

I have seen it all now, TGJ highlighting a Typo.

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

e-football wrote:Why should I be jealous of United?

I am not jealous of any other team.

Our season has been more successful than last, we are progressing.

Man Utd have been less successful than last...they are on the way down :lol:

Our Players and manager have signed new long term contract extensions (as they know we are heading in the right direction).

Tevez, wants out
Ronaldo, says he wants out
Scholes getting too old
Giggs getting old
Neville is...finished
Ferdinand is worried about his ongoing back problem

If Utd want to stay at the top they need to spend big, they may well blow their budget on Tevez, but the real issue is CM....Carrick is OK, but UTD will really struggle with the midfield they had today. And please odnt tell me Hargreaves and Fletcher would make too much difference.
Last i heard Ronaldo is happy at United, your just assuming.
Hargreaves is quality, and would be one of the best midfielders in England If he had not done his knee in. But yes, after tonight, if we want to match the likes of Barca we need a strengthend CM.
Scholes is old, but he has hardly featured for us this season and we still managed to get into the final of the champions league and top the EPL. Same goes with Neville.

I dont think United have anything to worry about. If Ronaldo leaves we will get ribery, When Tevez leaves we will get Benzema..

Bring on 09/10, Champions once again :lol:

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

Victoria's Secret
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Victoria's Secret »

Giggs came out publicly and asked Ronaldo to stay as he said he was leaving? Ronaldo can't make his mind up about which way he likes it or where he wants to play,

I like the way you have said who UTd will buy....this is not championship manager, its the real world.

Hargreaves one of the best midfielders in England, - I almost spat my cornflakes out reading that.

So you would have him above (in no particular order) Fabregas, Gerraed, Alonso, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, the list is endless before you get to him....you are having a laugh mate.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

FF> I think you are assuming way too much.

I think what was highlighted in this morning match was Man U weaknesses that many other clubs will now exploit. The EPL may be harder for you guys to win than you might care to really think about.

The players mentioned by FF as coming to Old Trafford are by no means certainties Chelsea in the past has shown to be spoilers in that department so IF Man U lose the players everyone thinks they will AND don't pick up the expected players that everyone says they will, then they too could be amongst the also rans next year.

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

e-football wrote:Giggs came out publicly and asked Ronaldo to stay as he said he was leaving? Ronaldo can't make his mind up about which way he likes it or where he wants to play,

I like the way you have said who UTd will buy....this is not championship manager, its the real world.

Hargreaves one of the best midfielders in England, - I almost spat my cornflakes out reading that.

So you would have him above (in no particular order) Fabregas, Gerraed, Alonso, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, the list is endless before you get to him....you are having a laugh mate.
yes, United WILL buy, everyone knows that.

I stand by my call about Hargreavs, so shiraz you.

aaaaaaaaaand this is a forum so it kinda is like championship manager, without the graphics.

adios fagitios.

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

Unfortunately I think they will get Ribery if they want and they have the $$ and the stature to get Benzema :( They still exist in a bracket of their own when it comes to 30 million pound signings.

E. Grant & Co
Star Player
Star Player

Post by E. Grant & Co »

Only time will tell and I'm not convinced that it is a done deal for those 2 players by any stretch of the imagination.

redsfan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by redsfan »

ManU missed fletcher in the midfield, he's not flashy or spectacular but wins plenty of ball for them there. But in general the team played poor and lost to one of the most potent attacking teams ever 2-0. Hardly a drubbing or capitulation that signals the end of ManU's title chances next season. As other have said, ManU have the money to buy a couple of qaulity Mids and a Rooney Berbatov front two isn't week if they are getting qaulity from the midfield.

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

redsfan wrote:ManU missed fletcher in the midfield, he's not flashy or spectacular but wins plenty of ball for them there. But in general the team played poor and lost to one of the most potent attacking teams ever 2-0. Hardly a drubbing or capitulation that signals the end of ManU's title chances next season. As other have said, ManU have the money to buy a couple of qaulity Mids and a Rooney Berbatov front two isn't week if they are getting qaulity from the midfield.
Nah man Berbatov sucks...he can go back to Tottenham..

KEANO16
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by KEANO16 »

Kouklo Mou wrote::lol: :lol:

hopefully now you mancs can open your eyes and realise Cronaldo can't play in the big games.

messi what a class act.

pretty disappointing from a spectacle point of view, i mean, you really want to see two teams going for it, but only one team rocked up today and it looked like a training session for a majority of the match.
Yeah Ronaldo went missing, but what did Messi do that was outstanding apart from his header??

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

In 20 years time, someone will look back and see that Messi scored and Barcelona won.

In 20 years time, someone will look back and see that Manchester United lost.

redsfan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by redsfan »

KEANO16 wrote:

hopefully now you mancs can open your eyes and realise Cronaldo can't play in the big games.

messi what a class act.

pretty disappointing from a spectacle point of view, i mean, you really want to see two teams going for it, but only one team rocked up today and it looked like a training session for a majority of the match.
Yeah Ronaldo went missing, but what did Messi do that was outstanding apart from his header??
just missed a cracker shot in the first half, played plenty of ball up forward for Barca and was generally a thorn in ManU's side all game.

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

redsfan wrote:
KEANO16 wrote:

messi what a class act.

just missed a cracker shot in the first half, played plenty of ball up forward for Barca and was generally a thorn in ManU's side all game.
Ronaldo also just missed a shot in the first half, and had a pretty decent free kick. When he Ran at Barcas defence was the only time Man Utd looked like they were going to be a threat on goals. You cant say from this game who is the better player, as neither stood out, besides Messi's header.

Messi is still best player in the worl IMO. I just cant stand all the Ronaldo haters trying to pick on every little thing there is whenever they get the chance too.

Soccer-Mad
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Soccer-Mad »

Best team in the world won. simple.

themagnet
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by themagnet »

unfortunately ronaldo wasn't the only big name to go missing for united. rooney had far less impact, might not be all his fault cause he was out of position, but he didn't threaten Barca at all, at least ronaldo had a couple of decent chances. Barca way to strong in the midfield, and stuck to their own game, they had united chasing the ball for the whole 93mins.

bradley
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by bradley »

Barcelona are a real club. 7 players from their youth team and 6 of them are Catalans. Oh and they havent sold their soul to the devil (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool). Not to mention they play the best football on the planet by an absolute mile. Xavi and Iniesta were unbelievably good, totally destroyed Man Utd.

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

skliro wrote:Barcelona are a real club. 7 players from their youth team and 6 of them are Catalans. Oh and they havent sold their soul to the devil (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool). Not to mention they play the best football on the planet by an absolute mile. Xavi and Iniesta were unbelievably good, totally destroyed Man Utd.
Totally agree, we had about 9 minutes of brilliance at the start. Then it all just turned up side down! We we're outclassed by a Barca team that kept the ball tremendously. Their posession game was world class, they had the ball for at least 70 of the 90 minutes! Anyway, it was a great achievement to get to back to back finals.

WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE!
Loppermann wrote:I think you underestimate how small scousers' lives are... there's football and that's it, none of them have jobs or families or teeth

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

The Joker wrote:
skliro wrote:Barcelona are a real club. 7 players from their youth team and 6 of them are Catalans. Oh and they havent sold their soul to the devil (Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool). Not to mention they play the best football on the planet by an absolute mile. Xavi and Iniesta were unbelievably good, totally destroyed Man Utd.
Totally agree, we had about 9 minutes of brilliance at the start. Then it all just turned up side down! We we're outclassed by a Barca team that kept the ball tremendously. Their posession game was world class, they had the ball for at least 70 of the 90 minutes! Anyway, it was a great achievement to get to back to back finals.

Not sure what you were watching - that was hardly brilliance!!!! They had a bit of possession for that period big deal.

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

e-football wrote: And please odnt tell me Hargreaves and Fletcher would make too much difference.
:| You're kidding?
Loppermann wrote:I think you underestimate how small scousers' lives are... there's football and that's it, none of them have jobs or families or teeth

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Scudetto8687 wrote:
The Joker wrote:

Not sure what you were watching - that was hardly brilliance!!!! They had a bit of possession for that period big deal.
Yeah, Barca couldn't even get the ball. We had about 4 or 5 chances on goal and we were unlucky not to score imo. After they went up and scored though they dominated.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

It all depends on what you classify as chances.

Please tell me of these 4 or 5 "chances". And dont count Pique's clearance after Ronaldo's free kick a chance.

Ronaldo had a chest and volley - that is not a chance. Chances are clear cut. There wasnt much clear cut.

Shoulda coulda woulda.....

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Scudetto8687 wrote:It all depends on what you classify as chances.

Please tell me of these 4 or 5 "chances". And dont count Pique's clearance after Ronaldo's free kick a chance.

Ronaldo had a chest and volley - that is not a chance. Chances are clear cut. There wasnt much clear cut.

Why isn't the chest and volley chance not a chance? The keeper dived for it and it just skimmed wide, that's a chance in my book. The freekick, is also another chance as the keeper had to get down and save it.

Judge Judy
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by Judge Judy »

KEANO16 wrote:

messi what a class act.

hahahahaha, you must be one of the guys who check livescore in the morning so you know whether or not to wear your top today
Ingle Farm Amateur Soccer Club
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ifasc
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ifasc

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gold.

Litmanen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Litmanen »

Half chances are still chances.. That's why some of them result in goals. I don't think anyone is denying who played better.

The Joker
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by The Joker »

Litmanen wrote:

Half chances are still chances.. That's why some of them result in goals. I don't think anyone is denying who played better.
Yeah. Even though I admit that my team got outplayed everyone still seems to want to rub it in. :roll:

pires7
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by pires7 »

ronaldo had a few shots from a long way out and he was dangerous. He also got professional foulded out of a good opportunity by Pique. Is hard for any forward when your team gets pumped in general play.

Football_lad
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Football_lad »

Out played by the better team on the day. We had the run of it and looked the goods early. Then as soon as they scored against the run of play, it was game over for Manchester united until we ha da few late chances towards the end.

Congrats Barca! :(
Pride - Honour - Respect
Manchester United Champions of England 06/07, 07/08 & 08/09
Manchester United Champions Of Europe 2008
Manchester United Champions Of the World 2009

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

The Finnish Flash wrote:
e-football wrote:Giggs came out publicly and asked Ronaldo to stay as he said he was leaving? Ronaldo can't make his mind up about which way he likes it or where he wants to play,

yes, United WILL buy, everyone knows that.

I stand by my call about Hargreavs, so shiraz you.

aaaaaaaaaand this is a forum so it kinda is like championship manager, without the graphics.

adios fagitios.
And there goes every last shred of credibility.

Hargreaves pfffffffffffft you are joking mun!!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

The Joker wrote:

Why isn't the chest and volley chance not a chance? The keeper dived for it and it just skimmed wide, that's a chance in my book. The freekick, is also another chance as the keeper had to get down and save it.
Ok so it should have finished 8-2 to Barca.

Mate I live in the real world. You live in one of candy apples, fairy floss and PRAWN SANDWICHES.