Collegiate League Results - 2009

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Collegiate League Results - 2009

Post by totti »

hey scodetto-are you still alive?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Yeah, not too much interest in Collegiate at the moment, championship is Norwood's to lose, with Windsor doing you a big favour last week. Plus power are travelling beautifully.

Mind you, if discipline continues to be a problem at Norwood like it was on the weekend, there could be problems.

And by the way, its scUdetto :wink:

futcha
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by futcha »

Hi People,

any other news on Collegiate League?

not much to talk about latetly, has anyone got anything to say?

Uncle Cracker
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Uncle Cracker »

Scudetto8687 wrote:Heard Artone is off?
Heard he's heading back to Metro.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

My mail is that one person at Norwood wont sign off on the forms for Artone to move across.

How shiraz petty can one person be. My other mail is that 3-4 players have threatened a mutiny unless he is released.

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Scudetto8687 wrote:My mail is that one person at Norwood wont sign off on the forms for Artone to move across.
If he is on an amateur contract, Norwood can't hold him anyway. He has to wait 7 days and he is clear.

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

scodetto, he will be leaving to metro,good luck to him,he's a good bloke around the club,easy going,will miss his free kicks.
don't start stupid rumours,worry about your own club?

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Not starting rumours - he is not happy at all with the way it was handled. That is from the horses mouth.

futcha
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by futcha »

Hey scudetto, i know from the horses mouth that Artone and Metro handled this transfer un professional

My mail is that Metro demanded transfer with no explanation and Norwood had to talk with all parties until transfer could be finalized,

My mail is also that Artone new this and Metro requested transfer for Saturday not to play in trail Tuesday against Adelaide United, in the end Artone didnt play for Metro and will not be able to play for a couple of weeks to allow fitness to be better. (This came from a excellent source)

So for future reference to everybody lets hope that this doesnt happen again and that Super League clubs realized that Collegiate league clubs are no push over.

Maybe in future there can be open discussion so both clubs can help each other.

East Boy
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by East Boy »

futcha wrote:Hey scudetto, i know from the horses mouth that Artone and Metro handled this transfer un professional

My mail is that Metro demanded transfer with no explanation and Norwood had to talk with all parties until transfer could be finalized,

My mail is also that Artone new this and Metro requested transfer for Saturday not to play in trail Tuesday against Adelaide United, in the end Artone didnt play for Metro and will not be able to play for a couple of weeks to allow fitness to be better. (This came from a excellent source)

So for future reference to everybody lets hope that this doesnt happen again and that Super League clubs realized that Collegiate league clubs are no push over.

:lol: :lol: :lol: are you serious? If he wanted to go then he will. Even if he is registered with Norwood, he just signs his bit and waits 7 days. Thats if things dont go to plan.
According to you he wont be playing for a few weeks anyway, so there shouldnt be an issue.
Just be glad you have had a player of that class at the club i say!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

A player is free seven days after the FFSA club signs the form, so why not just sign immediately and get it over with? He was told there would have to be a committee meeting etc etc. WHat the hell would they need a committee meeting for when he could just walk one week later???

Not a matter of Collegiate Teams being a push over, just common sense.

futcha
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by futcha »

Hey Scudetto & East Boy,

I agree and wish him all the best.

I believe he should be playing at this level, so good luck to him and Metro.

I hope he wins the league for them

Rusty Brooks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rusty Brooks »

Doesnt matter the fact is metro should have given something back to norwood and that metro did not respect norwood in the way you deal with these tranfers, they are amature go back to metro knights you backyarders

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Rusty Brooks wrote:Doesnt matter the fact is metro should have given something back to norwood and that metro did not respect norwood in the way you deal with these tranfers, they are amature go back to metro knights you backyarders
What did Metro need to give to Norwood exactly?
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Collegiate League Results - 2009?

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

I dont understand what an amateur team could want?

What about the other three players Corey got out to Norwood? Should Norwood give him something for that?

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Rusty Brooks wrote:Doesnt matter the fact is metro should have given something back to norwood and that metro did not respect norwood in the way you deal with these tranfers, they are amature go back to metro knights you backyarders
What do you want - a transfer fee?? Give me a break...

Looks like you have lost any chance of Corey returning to Norwood with your handling of the situation.

MSSC Blue Eagles

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

Aldo Serena wrote:
What do you want - a transfer fee?? Give me a break...

Looks like you have lost any chance of Corey returning to Norwood with your handling of the situation.
This is one of the funniest threads i have ever read, i believe Norwood wanted 60,000 EUROS for Corey's transfer, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

futcha wrote:Hey Scudetto & East Boy,

I agree and wish him all the best.

I believe he should be playing at this level, so good luck to him and Metro.

I hope he wins the league for them
Hey Futcha did the off field antics have something to do with your loss on the weekend??

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

futcha wrote:Hey scudetto, i know from the horses mouth that Artone and Metro handled this transfer un professional

So its Corey's fault now is it?

How so??

big slick
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by big slick »

This whole topic is a joke !!The fact is Artone did not pay anything this year and was given free stuff is that not worth any compensation? ! This wolud of been avoided if the club made sure all players pay there own way in the end he should of payed his fees! AS for the other players he brought out so what??
Got Ya !!!

POLONIAROCS
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by POLONIAROCS »

My mail is that Norwood have handled this whole situation in a very poor manner.
Artone wanted a transfer and Norwood wanted to stop it. If someone wants to leave the club just let them go. Its not like he is going to another club in the same league. He is going to a much higher level. At least 5 members that are at Norwood this year most probably wont be there next year because of the antics of some people at the club. Anyway good luck to Artone and the Norwood guys will have to lift if they are to win the championship.

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

big slick wrote:This whole topic is a joke !!The fact is Artone did not pay anything this year and was given free stuff is that not worth any compensation? ! This wolud of been avoided if the club made sure all players pay there own way in the end he should of payed his fees! AS for the other players he brought out so what??
Well did anyone ask him to pay.

One minute people are kissing his a** on here, next minute he's a dog cos he didnt pay fees. Which is it?

Im sure there would have been a lot of other amateur clubs that would have loved to have him and paid his fees.

I'd be happy if he brought an ex NSL player out with him if I was there.

Running Man
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Running Man »

Geez guys you all talk alot of dog cabernet which only serves to through wood on a fire that was started by others.

NSC would not hold anyone back, this unsolicited crap going around on this issue is not from any NSC Club rep, nor represents NSC views.

He did us a great service, is atop bloke, love to have him back, NSC have not nor will we ever hold anyone back from leaving - but cabernet when your captain asks for a transfer you want to have a chance to speak it over with the exec committee which happened at the first available time after the long weekend. Come on stop crapping on, leave this issue alone & move on.

Any more messages on this issue are not from any NSC club official, mine is.

NSC
Est 1988

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Running Man wrote:but cabernet when your captain asks for a transfer you want to have a chance to speak it over with the exec committee
Why?

MSSC Blue Eagles

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Aldo Serena wrote:
Running Man wrote:but cabernet when your captain asks for a transfer you want to have a chance to speak it over with the exec committee
Why?
Im not sure what the discussion would be over - he's on amateur forms, wanted to play at a higher level, he cant be kept, yet the committee wanted a meeting??? For what???

Funky Punk

Post by Funky Punk »

Hilarious stuff this

Rusty Brooks
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Rusty Brooks »

Why cant they have a committee meeting who are you to say they cant!! You sound like your his boyfriend scudetto it must relly hurt when your getting your shite pushed in!!

totti
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by totti »

hey scodetto, get a life,you go on and on.
by the way- we hear you play for Metro

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

It was Running Man that dragged the topic up again.

MSSC Blue Eagles