SUNDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/06/28

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: SUNDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/06/28

Post by De Voyeur »

ROBBO wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:Not a good day for us Went down 1 nil !! :oops:
Not good for Easties either - they're down to second bottom... !!!

SUNDAY DIVISION 2 TABLE
OUCH. That hurts a lot! :evil:

Gardensgoon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gardensgoon »

gardens v fulham
c's
3-0
b's
2-0
a's
0-3 :(

credit to fulham who kept shape and defended well all day and took there chances very well. embarrassing performance yesterday, fulham smashed us, simple as that. cant remember playing that poor at home since my time at the club. our league position tells us exactly where we are at at the moment, mid table and inconsistent, capable of beating and outplaying anyone, and capable of loosing and being outplayed by anyone. but we need to move on, and what better way then to play the downs at the downs. out of the tittle race but can still have a say who wins it. cheers to fulham for hanging around after the game, they will certainly steal a few more points by seasons end. well done to the c's and ressies picking up solid wins. bring on the downs :D

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Huge day at the Farm yesterday. I'm exhausted and I didn't play a minute yesterday.

A's 3-2
Didn't see the game so all this is based on what others have told me. Scrappy first half with both teams having a bit of niggle and been quite defensive. Second half opened up a little bit more with more attack. Paul Jones with a double and big Chris Ennis adding goal number 5 to his tally. Really can't say much else as I didn't see any of it.

B's 1-1
Tough, physical game with both teams going hammer and tongs at each other. Again I didn't see any of it but by all reports, a fairly even game and a point was a fair result. I had a Federation guy come watch who is thinking of signing for us and he couldn't believe the standard set by the reserves. Over the last 3 years, both Farm and Downs have been the stand outs and the tradition and rivalry continues.

C's 2-2
The worst first half we have played this season. Second to the ball, silly mistakes in defence and Downs punished us twice. Half time jee up by the master coach :wink: saw Farm start to play better football and we got the two goals back. Shaken Not Stirred making his comeback appearence could of won it if he had headed straight in the 6 yard box 5 mins from the end. Again, a point each was a fair result.

Great crowd out today and a big thanks to the Downs for coming down and supporting or BBQ and Bar. Easily the most we have sold this season. The girls behind the bar didn't get a break the whole day. They are the bench mark for all clubs in the league and certainly a club I have a lot of respect for. I love beating them to :D
Thanks to Marooned for bring down the Rite Price Cup also. Nice speech by him at the end and great to see so many Downs guys having a drink in the club afterwards. Our first silverwear for the season. We're only one trophy behind Gardens now. :lol:

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

East 17 wrote:
ROBBO wrote:
GULLY BOYZ wrote:Not a good day for us Went down 1 nil !! :oops:
Not good for Easties either - they're down to second bottom... !!!

SUNDAY DIVISION 2 TABLE
OUCH. That hurts a lot! :evil:
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought you guys were going ok this season, I hadn't even looked at your table for a while. I remember Westies a few years ago had a horrible start to the season and were the best performing team in the second half of the year. Easties surely wont get relegated.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

any team can turn it around jay, west beach lost there first 3 games but are in the mix now, if a team gets a run on the div2 ladder could change dramatically, especially with many teams still in the relegation battle and scrapping for points, i can see east and raptors picking up points, raptors won on the weekend when no one thought they would
ImageImage

Beach_Driller
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Beach_Driller »

West beach only lost their first two games
At home to Grove 4-3 and Away to Para hills 4-1..

We got a good result against Grove on Sunday and hopefully we can get a good result against Para hills this sunday.

Can someone explain how... Knights had a linesman sent off as well as 2 players?
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Beach_Driller wrote:West beach only lost their first two games

We got a good result against Grove on Sunday and hopefully we can get a good result against Para hills this sunday.

Can someone explain how... Knights had a linesman sent off as well as 2 players?

1 red card for a man dropping his knee on our players head while he was down, was already on a yellow, but he was just $hit and couldn't hack being taught a lesson.

Linesman, i think gave the ref a mouthful at half time, and he requested someone replace him, not sure on that one.

Third was a last man challenge.

i think the twat that dropped the knee will get a couple of games depending on how the ref reported it.

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

sorry mate though it was 3 for some reason, still a great effort to be top 3 after a slow start..
para will be tough as they need points
and yeah how does a linesman get sent off? :lol:
ImageImage

Beach_Driller
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Beach_Driller »

Para Hills are always tough.. Home and Away ;-)

West beach are top 2 .. 1 pt behind Vikings! We had a great run second half of the first round but there are some tough games coming up. It is going to be a tight finish to the Div 2 league...Grove will be there at the end, Vista will start to pick up points with Gannon in the side and Knights are always play better in the second half of the season.

Never thought Knights were a dirty team, hard but fair! Although their linesman does make some strange offside decisions, will he now be suspended for a couple of games?? ;-).
Pain is only weakness leaving the body!

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Big G wrote:

1 red card for a man dropping his knee on our players head while he was down, was already on a yellow, but he was just $hit and couldn't hack being taught a lesson.

Linesman, i think gave the ref a mouthful at half time, and he requested someone replace him, not sure on that one.

i think the twat that dropped the knee will get a couple of games depending on how the ref reported it.
With a reply like that Big G I think you have demonstrated who the real twats are.
The linesman just put his case to the referee ( who was struggling to keep up ) about his signals being ignored and the linesman politely gave up his flag.
Up until Knights lost their central defender neither team or player were being taught any lessons, it was an evenly balanced affair !
Second send off was for a little shirt grab by the second to last man as there was still the keeper to beat.
Vikings won the game but it only opened up when Knights were down in numbers.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

DOC wrote:any team can turn it around jay, west beach lost there first 3 games but are in the mix now, if a team gets a run on the div2 ladder could change dramatically, especially with many teams still in the relegation battle and scrapping for points, i can see east and raptors picking up points, raptors won on the weekend when no one thought they would
I remember Easties beating West Beach and thinking that they would do alright this year. Looked at the table at it is very close from top to bottom

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

swannsong wrote:
Big G wrote:

With a reply like that Big G I think you have demonstrated who the real twats are.
The linesman just put his case to the referee ( who was struggling to keep up ) about his signals being ignored and the linesman politely gave up his flag.
Up until Knights lost their central defender neither team or player were being taught any lessons, it was an evenly balanced affair !
Second send off was for a little shirt grab by the second to last man as there was still the keeper to beat.
Like i said, wasn't sure about the linesman.

The 2 reds were warranted and the team has them two to blame for knights 'being down on numbers'.
'last man' is not the keeper swanny, it's the defender, SOOOOOO just so you are clear on the rules, the 'last defender' committed a foul which is a red card

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Big G wrote:The 2 reds were warranted and the team has them two to blame for knights 'being down on numbers'.
'last man' is not the keeper swanny, it's the defender, SOOOOOO just so you are clear on the rules, the 'last defender' committed a foul which is a red card
Never said they weren't warranted, and I know the rules.
Just a little humility in your victory wouldn't go astray.
Just stating that the only lesson learnt out there yesterday was discipline.
The guy who grabbed the shirt normally plays in midfield so I guess the readjustment for losing one player was costly.
When you've got your own Division 2 medal in hand come and show it to me........

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

swannsong wrote:
Big G wrote:The 2 reds were warranted and the team has them two to blame for knights 'being down on numbers'.
The guy who grabbed the shirt normally plays in midfield so I guess the readjustment for losing one player was costly.
When you've got your own Division 2 medal in hand come and show it to me........
I'll even let you take a photo :lol:

Knight7
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Knight7 »

i think the twat that dropped the knee will get a couple of games depending on how the ref reported it.[/quote]
Vikings won the game but it only opened up when Knights were down in numbers.[/quote]

The 2 reds were warranted and the team has them two to blame for knights 'being down on numbers'.
'last man' is not the keeper swanny, it's the defender, SOOOOOO just so you are clear on the rules, the 'last defender' committed a foul which is a red card[/quote]

I think we came up against a smart team who have probably had that referee before and looked to milk freekicks etc. The first send off the contact was very minimal and it appeared accidental , and was only a second yellow wasn't a straight red, despite the number 24 rolling about (only to get up laughing)

The second red once was arguably there, tug on the shirt, then stop and jump up and down same happened in the reserves but was the attacker pulling the defender the referee waived play on and Vikings scored

DOC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DOC »

Jay Walking wrote:
DOC wrote:any team can turn it around jay, west beach lost there first 3 games but are in the mix now, if a team gets a run on the div2 ladder could change dramatically, especially with many teams still in the relegation battle and scrapping for points, i can see east and raptors picking up points, raptors won on the weekend when no one thought they would
I remember Easties beating West Beach and thinking that they would do alright this year. Looked at the table at it is very close from top to bottom
yeah true jay very tight, anyone can beat anyone... think it will go down to the wire
ImageImage

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Big G wrote:
swannsong wrote:
I'll even let you take a photo :lol:
Not really necessary, I've aleady got 5 Division 2 medals of my own :D
Last edited by swannsong on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Big G »

Knight7 wrote:1 red card for a man dropping his knee on our players head while he was down, was already on a yellow, but he was just $hit and couldn't hack being taught a lesson.

I think we came up against a smart team who have probably had that referee before and looked to milk freekicks etc. The first send off the contact was very minimal and it appeared accidental , and was only a second yellow wasn't a straight red, despite the number 24 rolling about (only to get up laughing)
are you referring the the drop of the knee incident? I could see it from the goals, he threw his knee towards the guys head deliberately regardless of how much contact was made.

Aldy05
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Aldy05 »

supastar#8 wrote:sick and tired of watching cheating CLUB LINESMAN like the one at WESTIES and INTER today, he should be ashamed of himself to ruin a good game.(heard he was the CLUB PRESIDENT) unlucky INTER out played them easily
just for the record, u have no right calling any other clubs linesman a cheat after round 1 against us. ur linesman was on the wrong side and let 3 or 4 obvious offsides go, and then u had 2 players 5 yards offside in the box, 1 of them scored and he let that go as well, which gave u guys the equalizer. So i wouldnt be saying too much if i were u

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
supastar#8 wrote:sick and tired of watching cheating CLUB LINESMAN like the one at WESTIES and INTER today, he should be ashamed of himself to ruin a good game.(heard he was the CLUB PRESIDENT) unlucky INTER out played them easily
just for the record, u have no right calling any other clubs linesman a cheat after round 1 against us. ur linesman was on the wrong side and let 3 or 4 obvious offsides go, and then u had 2 players 5 yards offside in the box, 1 of them scored and he let that go as well, which gave u guys the equalizer. So i wouldnt be saying too much if i were u
after being BOG yesterday Kirk, you deserve your say, well done.

TONKSY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by TONKSY »

alm01 wrote:A's Florina 4 - 1 Elizabeth Vale

B's Florina 1 - 1 Elizabeth vale

C's Florina 12 - 0 Elizabeth Vale

A's Florina stunned in the first half to be down 0 - 1 from a cracker outside the box. Second half different story, Florina passing the ball around nicely winning the ball first and Aaron Westervelt scoring a second half hattrick and Anthony Degioia with the fourth..

heard Farm beat Downs and westies result went our way so should be back on top.

well done to westervelt and the florina boys .
you wanted it more. but i must say brooksy put the best tackle of the day on aaron .
you took it well . well in mate.
good luck with your chase for the league.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Mr X wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:
after being BOG yesterday Kirk, you deserve your say, well done.
I did hear that. Well done Kirk :!:

fruit
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by fruit »

Vikings vs Knights

As I knights player I can see how both red cards were justified, the second was questionable - but it was 50/50 - the referee was very one sided - issuing no less that 7 yellow cards in the game - ALL TO KNIGHTS PLAYERS... unfortunately none of us speak the same language that the ref was speaking tin o some of the Vikings players - so we can't tell you why that was!!
The game was in the balance - obviously Vikings took advantage of the extra man, No24 - and deserved the win because of it.. Knights played well, Vikings have some excellent individual players: No.24 (would be better if he didn't dive every 10 seconds), the captain and the two boys up front - [b]Romeo - you are not one of them[/b]
Look out Gully.. it'll be a long drive home. :|

GULLY BOYZ
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by GULLY BOYZ »

Its ok fruit, weve got our visas up to date, all injections up to date and I promise we will put our fruit and vegies in the bin provided at the border !! :lol: :D
A TEAM OF CHAMPIONS WILL NEVER BEAT A CHAMPION TEAM!

robinfriday10
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by robinfriday10 »

supastar#8 wrote:
sick and tired of watching cheating CLUB LINESMAN like the one at WESTIES and INTER today, he should be ashamed of himself to ruin a good game.(heard he was the CLUB PRESIDENT) [/quote]

dissapointing comment :oops:

i believe the person in question to be one of the better club linesman....
the decision in question would have had any club linesman putting their flag up as there was a player who could have been deemed offside by a club official, it was up to the man in the middle to question anything he may have deemed suspicious?? dissapointingly he didn't give it, we move on...the game from my perspective certainly wasn't ruined!!!(and i think this ref is the best in saasl!) also wasn't reason for dropping 2 points...

as for our president?? SHE would never flag for offside if wasnt there :wink: :wink:
things happen for a reason

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

well i can comment why the linesman was sent off since it was me...

i flagged for a blatent foul throw in which the ref had ignord my call ..

at half time he came up to me and comment that i should start doin my job properly .... i replied well that should make two of us them ...

he then instructed that i will not be invovled in the second half..

and to u rodent i think u get a laugh out of that

jogger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by jogger »

bloodypassit wrote:well i can comment why the linesman was sent off since it was me...

i flagged for a blatent foul throw in which the ref had ignord my call ..

at half time he came up to me and comment that i should start doin my job properly .... i replied well that should make two of us them ...

he then instructed that i will not be invovled in the second half..

and to u rodent i think u get a laugh out of that
and I will think you will find (well, so I have been told) is that as a linesman in the SAASL you can only flag for offside. The ref will ignore everything else and will make every other decision.

predator
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by predator »

jogger wrote:in the SAASL you can only flag for offside. The ref will ignore everything else and will make every other decision.
so he ignores all throw ins and corner decisions then ?. i think he should ignore all offside decisions. as a lot of linesman believe the player is offside after receiving the ball rather than when the ball was played

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

Swannsong I have always enjoyed reading your posts and have found you to be an intelligent and humble forumite. However, after reading some of your poats this week I'n not so sure. You've changed Swanny- the southerners are rubbing off on you. :lol:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

East 17 wrote:Swannsong I have always enjoyed reading your posts and have found you to be an intelligent and humble forumite. However, after reading some of your poats this week I'n not so sure. You've changed Swanny- the southerners are rubbing off on you. :lol:
Thanks (I think).
Guilty by association probably.
I still remain humble, I will however bite back at unwarranted smug or derisive remarks , I am intuitively a defender.
I think the main difference is that I now believe that Knights are capable and need to set themselves a much higher standard.
I'll have to check back on some of my "poats"(sic) to find out what you are getting at East 17. :D

PS - Give the "top three" a good workout when you meet them in the run home.
PSS - Have they started on the new clubroom facillities yet ?