SUNDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/07/05

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

Big G
Squad Player
Squad Player

Re: SUNDAY LEAGUE RESULTS - 2009/07/05

Post by Big G »

anyone got the grove score???

medallion
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by medallion »

Tilley_Park_Boys wrote:A's

Southern Knights 1-1 Tea Tree Gully City

B's

Southern Knights 0-1 Tea Tree Gully City
What's going on with you blokes?? After watching you guys earlier on in the season, I honestly thought you would be clear top. Mid-season blues i suspect

chunky-monkey
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by chunky-monkey »

medallion wrote:

B's

What's going on with you blokes?? After watching you guys earlier on in the season, I honestly thought you would be clear top. Mid-season blues i suspect
You talking about Knights or Gully ;)

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

B's

A game where both teams had chances to take full points, it was played hard with neither side pulling out of tackles.
I think it was 0-0 at half time (wasn't feeling too well today..)
Gully scored after the break and Knights equalised 30 seconds later only to have the goal disallowed for a free kick despite having a clear advantage.
Referee apparently apologised to Knights coach after the game.
However, Knights were able to find an equalizer through "pensioner" Tony Micalef.
I'll post some pictures when I feel better.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

pecker
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by pecker »

Big G wrote:anyone got the grove score???
GROVE 2 SAN MARCO 1

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

What is happening to PHW! Looked very good at the start of the season and now just lost to Pontians!!!

Lion look gone and and now there could be upto 4 teams to join them Pontians, Vale, Inter and Gardens as for the title could Fulham catch the leaders??? They are looking the goods at the moment.

My tip is a Farm title with Lion and Pontians down only just goal diff maybe!

rodney.
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by rodney. »

protesthill wrote:great game today with gardens and downs... played fair and hard.. Only dissapointing thing was the song afterwards. The only thing worse then sore losers is sore winners. I thought the downs had changed and was suppose to be a family club. I doubt you would approve of your juniors singing that song.
dissapointing protesthill. Your mob would have sung the club song just as hard. We are a great club at the downs and didnt hear one family member complain. Go the downs! special mention to the C2 rebels 4-2 against the craptors!

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

anyone know the Downs-Gardens B and C Team scores ??

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

also West-Pontians B and C Team scores.. ????

michael duberry
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by michael duberry »

B's
Pontian 2 West 1

C's
Pontian 1 West 2

Played in the ressies game against Pontian and our first half was oardinary to say the least even though we got sod all from their ref.Second half saw us play a lot better and reduced to 9 players by their referee. The game was played in good spirits between the players nothing dirty nothing malicious just embarassing for the pontian players that they won this way and I think they would agree with this. Still the result stands so bring on the local derby in the cup

kinghenrik
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by kinghenrik »

michael duberry wrote:B's
Pontian 2 West 1 :?: :?:

C's
Pontian 1 West 2

Played in the ressies game against Pontian and our first half was oardinary to say the least even though we got sod all from their ref.Second half saw us play a lot better and reduced to 9 players by their referee. The game was played in good spirits between the players nothing dirty nothing malicious just embarassing for the pontian players that they won this way and I think they would agree with this. Still the result stands so bring on the local derby in the cup
if it was not malicious, how did two of your guys get sent off? ths is an outrageous result, did ya new recruit Vahid play?

toonarmy#9
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by toonarmy#9 »

ROBBO wrote:anyone know the Downs-Gardens B and C Team scores ??
b's downs 4 gardens 1
c's downs 5 gardens 1

michael duberry
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by michael duberry »

kinghenrik wrote:
michael duberry wrote:B's
Pontian 2 West 1 :?: :?:

C's
Pontian 1 West 2

if it was not malicious, how did two of your guys get sent off? ths is an outrageous result, did ya new recruit Vahid play?
The first send off our player got booked for mouthing which was fair enough but whilst walking away he said to one of our quietly (well not shouting anyway) this is f#%ked and the ref said He called him a f#%khead and red carded him. the second red was a tackle on the half way line, a definate foul, cos he missed the ball and got the player but the ball was there to be won, straight red, it would have been a harsh yellow, he also sent off our lines man don't know what that was for and Vahid did play and played very well also a nice lad

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

dont forget the disallowed goal for offside which clearly was not, i'm told there was one in the c's game aswell which was four feet over the line(almost touched the back of the net ref said didnt see it and linesman said never crossed the line) they flagged every time we went forward and ref pulled every one up in both the c's and the b's. to which a pootian player at the end of the b's stated we had forgotten what happened last two times at are ground, they believe they had been stitched up and this was a square up. dont remember us sending off 3 people and disallowing a goal let alone 2. would be interested in hearing from one of them to see how they defend claims of out and out CHEATING??????? :clown: :clown: :clown:
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

bigpond
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by bigpond »

halfcutfan wrote:dont forget the disallowed goal for offside which clearly was not, i'm told there was one in the c's game aswell which was four feet over the line(almost touched the back of the net ref said didnt see it and linesman said never crossed the line) they flagged every time we went forward and ref pulled every one up in both the c's and the b's. to which a pootian player at the end of the b's stated we had forgotten what happened last two times at are ground, they believe they had been stitched up and this was a square up. dont remember us sending off 3 people and disallowing a goal let alone 2. would be interested in hearing from one of them to see how they defend claims of out and out CHEATING??????? :clown: :clown: :clown:
So what's the excuse for the 1st team loss - more cheating from the ref???

Every1 knows when you play away in the b's u r going to be up against it with the refs for most of the time - unfortunately it is the norm now rather than the exception but no amount of complaining is going to change the result.

Rexie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Rexie »

protesthill wrote:great game today with gardens and downs... played fair and hard.. Only dissapointing thing was the song afterwards. The only thing worse then sore losers is sore winners. I thought the downs had changed and was suppose to be a family club. I doubt you would approve of your juniors singing that song.

We have been singing that song for a number of years now as a club song, and even longer by the supporters. You goys would have rubbed it in if you won as well, so maybe a case of sour grapes?
As for a family club, did you look at the demografic of people at the game yesterday? was plenty of family people there, and heaps of kids. Both during the game, and in the club afterwards.
I think my drinking club has a soccer problem.....

http://www.edsc.com.au

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

bigpond wrote:
halfcutfan wrote:dont forget the disallowed goal for offside which clearly was not, i'm told there was one in the c's game aswell which was four feet over the line(almost touched the back of the net ref said didnt see it and linesman said never crossed the line) they flagged every time we went forward and ref pulled every one up in both the c's and the b's. to which a pootian player at the end of the b's stated we had forgotten what happened last two times at are ground, they believe they had been stitched up and this was a square up. dont remember us sending off 3 people and disallowing a goal let alone 2. would be interested in hearing from one of them to see how they defend claims of out and out CHEATING??????? :clown: :clown: :clown:

Every1 knows when you play away in the b's u r going to be up against it with the refs for most of the time - unfortunately it is the norm now rather than the exception but no amount of complaining is going to change the result.

no excuses at all, dont remember tryin to give one.. its simple really we didnt take our chances and they took theirs! hense the score line! and they were no where as bad as they were the last two times we played them, if they play the way they did yday for the rest of the season they can def take more points. thats why we take it on the chin and not do what they did in the c's and b's
In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
-- Bill Shankly --

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

I know it doesn't happen often, but I would like to say thanks to the Vale referee in the ressies. He explained at half time that he had been asked to do it and had not refereed a match before (whether it's true or not) he was very fair and called everything exactly how he saw it. There was one incident where Ross came out of his box and handled the ball but there was no way the ref could make that call from his position (a good one in regard to where play was at the time). He did a good job and if I could have found him after the game I would have bought him a beer.

BTW Henrik 3 is certainly a prime number!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Karmann Ghia
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Karmann Ghia »

bigpond wrote:

Well said Bigpond! So what did happen in the 1st team game?

Jogonalex
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Jogonalex »

Karmann Ghia wrote:
bigpond wrote:

Well said Bigpond! So what did happen in the 1st team game?

im fully aware of what bigpond is saying but as the title at the top suggests, sundays results... that's what was posted, i could of said nothing but thats what a forum is for. like i said we take it on the chin and move on to next wk, just putting it out there for comment.
-- Bill Shankly --

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

Its a fun song, with one swear word, which is only said once, right at the end.

Plus, its the seniors song and only sung by seniors, not juniors..

It was a good day, why try and tarnish it with anything?????
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Elizabeth Vale V Ingle Farm

A's 1-1
In the first 20 mins, I thought the game was going to be a white wash. Vale struggled to get a hold of the ball and we were dragging them left and right to create massive holes for our forwards. We looked really good and Chris Ennis bobbed up for another goal. Vale started to get into the game a bit more and applied pressure. They got a free kick and from that, a shot was taken by Vale, cant remember who which took a deflection and went in. We continued to dominate the half with plenty of chances but failed to take them.
Second half Vale matched us a bit more and created a few chances themselves. The second half became a bit of a stale mate with Vale getting lots of players behind the ball with a view to counter attack. Vale battled hard all day but I really felt it was two points dropped by us.

B's 1-5
B's went 1 up early but a silly mistake saw Vale draw level. From there we controlled the game really well with great passing and movement off the ball. Outlaw is looking very dangerous and might have scored 3, with Henrik getting 1 and Jamie the other. It was one of the better games I have seen the B's play this season.

C's 1-3
We only had the bare 11, including myself but I was really happy with how we played. We tried to play a neat passing game which worked most of the time and we created lots of opportunities. Kanu got a toe poke from 6 yards, Nick knocked in a near post ball from a corner and then some guy who played his first full game for the season scored one from 25 yards :wink: Eddie reffed and had a half decent game except for one decision where he called our goal keeper up for hanging onto the ball for six seconds. It would of been lucky to be 4 seconds and the Vale player kept jumping in his way. Andy Crawford hit a very well taken goal. Poor guy then went and played nearly a full game in the B's.

Over 35's v Woodpeckers. We lost 4-2
I think the guys were one player short and were always going to struggle because of that.

Our slip up and Florina loss lets Downs go back to the top of the league so a disappointing day for us considering other results nearly went our way. We look forward to Sunday's cup games with two Saturday teams coming to Walkley Park. Adelaide Villa's star studded B team and Stirling take on our A's.

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Jay Walking wrote:Elizabeth Vale V Ingle Farm
B's 1-5
B's went 1 up early but a silly mistake saw Vale draw level. From there we controlled the game really well with great passing and movement off the ball. Outlaw is looking very dangerous and might have scored 3, with Henrik getting 1 and Jamie the other. It was one of the better games I have seen the B's play this season.
Jay, probably best if match reports used real names rather than forum names.
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

Also forgot to say thanks to the Vale for thier hospitality after the game. Always a good laugh when Tonksy is in the room.

Good luck to Brooksy for the rest of the season.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Did you mention your great goal JayWalking, I did, check the home page..

I see the SAASL havent updated their website so I have done all the tables for Sunday Division 2, 3, 4, 8 & 10 as well as the Premier

LINK

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

swannsong wrote:
Jay Walking wrote:Elizabeth Vale V Ingle Farm
B's 1-5
Jay, probably best if match reports used real names rather than forum names.
If you go to www.inglefarmsoccerclub.com then you will see all real names used rather than forum names.

How is that for a plug Robbo.

Happy Kopite
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Happy Kopite »

[quote="East Boy

Well you maybe above them for now...![/quote]

We're catching you blokes! :) :)[/quote]

East Boy, you're spot on mate. We're the over 35's in Div 10, so when you get relegated to Div 3, you'll be getting closer... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains". Bill Shankly

Jay Walking
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Jay Walking »

ROBBO wrote:Did you mention your great goal JayWalking, I did, check the home page..

I see the SAASL havent updated their website so I have done all the tables for Sunday Division 2, 3, 4, 8 & 10 as well as the Premier

LINK
Just read it. How about my strike in the first half which the keeper made a great save. Took it on the chest and volleyed to the far post.

Robbo
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Robbo »

Just another fluke, nah they were both quite good strikes to be fair :shock:

andyb
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by andyb »

JayWalking, First thing Id like to say is "25 yards" is a bit rich :wink: was a great finish squeezing just inside the post but it was just outside the box and woulda been pushing 20 yards (taking nothing away from the quality of the placement!)

and although the call on the keeper holding the ball too long may have been a bit tough (never seen it called before, and in a c grade game :? ) he did have it a while, I was the vale player 'jumping in front of him' I was 2 or 3 yards from him and moving away when eddie pulled him up.

Was a good game by both teams, hard fought and in good spirits...
Was good to see The Vale Boys show some spirit after being slaughtered more than once this season