Sun Div 3, R 11

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

TheKing#9
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Sun Div 3, R 11

Post by TheKing#9 »

any results from blue eagles sth coast game?????

Big Mac
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Big Mac »

MSSC Blue Eagles won both A's and ressies. 3-1 and 2-1 I think.
Congrats on your 30 th Anniversary Blue Eagles, good night out at your celebrations last night, as a guest of "Elvis". :lol:
Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.
Bobby Charlton

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

A's: MSSC Blue Eagles 2 - 1 South Coast
B's: MSSC Blue Eagles 2 - 1 South Coast

Four wins in a row for the A's, three wins a row for the B's. Big test vs Beograd next week.

Big Mac, I am glad you had a good night - Elvis was a classic, I didn't know he had it in him! :lol:

MSSC Blue Eagles
2011 Division 3 Champions

Nicki # 4
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Nicki # 4 »

cyclone wrote:PAYN POSTEL vs SKOPJE UTD 4 - 0
MSSC BLUE EAGLES vs STH COAST UTD 1 - 1
BEOGRAD vs BRAHMA LODGE 2 - 1
CROATIA vs ASTERAS 1 - 2
ATHELSTONE vs BOSNA 1 - 0

Hey Cyclone, It is amazing that you can not read nor write the correct name of our club. We are M.U Lions. Take your political suggestions onto another site or grow a brain and comment accordingly.

the REAL one
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by the REAL one »

t3killa wrote:PAYN POSTEL vs fyros UTD 3 - 1
MSSC BLUE EAGLES vs STH COAST UTD 2 - 2
BEOGRAD vs BRAHMA LODGE 4 - 2
CROATIA vs ASTERAS 1 - 1
ATHELSTONE vs BOSNA 5 - 0

IN YOUR DREAMS REAL ONE YOU WISH THAT SCORE COULD HAPPEN :) :) :) :)
maybe not the score but definately the result!!! :D :D :D :D
"Thats not sexy football!" and "Play the REAL one... again and again"

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

A's: CROATIA 1 vs ASTERAS 2
B's: CROATIA 7 V ASTERAS 3

Ref was rubbish, 2 send offs, both very soft. Ref didnt have control of the game at all.

Astera's biggest sooks, would cry and fall down when they are touch, anyone would think they where playing netball.... They where even given some 'cuddles' but still sooked. Mind you they arent the most attractive bunch of netball players, I would pretty angry and upset too.

Some great acting by Astera's on the day and so I thought about how could I help them further there career in the acting world and thought this would help them out.... its tough industy, best of luck...

How to Become a Film and Television Actor
10 Easy Steps to Becoming an Actor
1. Getting The Job
Have you ever dreamed of one day becoming a famous Hollywood actor? If so, the first thing you need to realize is that this dream can become a reality if you're willing to put in the time, training, dedication, passion and patience required to make it in Hollywood.
If you've always wondered how to become a film or television actor, then here are ten steps that may not get you the role of a lifetime, but they will help you to treat your acting career as a career and not simply as something you choose to do for fun.
Keep in mind that if you're hoping to become a theater actor, some of these may not apply to you. However, all ten steps are good to keep in mind no matter what type of acting you decide to pursue.
Step 1: Learn How to Act
Seems like a given, doesn't it? But I can't tell you the number of people that come out to Hollywood thinking that all they need to do is get a job as a waiter at some popular restaurant, meet an agent, get "discovered" and then it's nothing but champagne and caviar from there. Uh...no.
Acting is first and foremost a craft. The best of the Hollywood actors understand this and no matter how far they have come in their careers, they are constantly looking to improve upon their craft. They take classes, work with acting and dialogue coaches, they study life experiences, etc. They know full well that even after a lifetime of work and study, they may never reach absolute perfection.
So, for you, it's imperative that you take a wide variety of acting classes. Work in a wide variety of styles with a as many different groups of people that you can find. Try it all. From Shakespeare to comedy, from improv to cinema verite -- the more you know, the more well rounded you'll be and ultimately, the better prepared you'll be for whatever roles come your way.
Step 2: Location, Location, Location
I hate telling people this, but if you hope to work in film and/or television as an actor, you need to go where the work is. Now, that doesn't necessarily doom you to living in Los Angeles or New York. After all, there are plenty of acting jobs in Vancouver, Montreal, Chicago, Miami, Baltimore, etc.
But, New York and Los Angeles are where most of the casting directors work and live. So, many of the shows that are shot in Canada or other cities within the U.S. are still cast in LA or New York. So, even though you don't necessarily need to move here, keep in mind that it is where most of the action is.
Step 3: Be Willing to do What it Takes
No, that doesn't mean what you think it means. Don't worry about the "casting couch." But you must be willing to do what it takes for the sake of your craft. You might ultimately have to sacrifice certain aspects of your life to ensure that you will have success as a working Hollywood actor.
You must take the time to master your craft. If that means sacrificing a relationship or a few friendships along the way, so be it. I know that sounds rather harsh, but acting is not a 9-5 job by any stretch.
If you're lucky enough to land a role in a major film or television production, realize that this is not the glamorous Hollywood job you might've thought it would be.
It's a lot of work, often 14-20 hours per day, in all kinds of conditions and at least initially, for not much money.
Even actors who make millions of dollars per picture still must "work" to earn their keep. They are on location for months at a time and every day they commit themselves both emotionally and physically to their roles. It can be extremely exhausting. You must prepare yourself both mentally and physically for this type of challenge.
It's one of the many reasons why Hollywood stars have trainers, psychologists, plastic surgeons, nutritionists and divorce attorneys at their beck and call. Their job is hardly an easy job.
Step 4: Commit Yourself
I once had a friend of mine tell me that there are no bad actors, just actors who aren't willing to "fully commit" themselves to their craft.
Just as I mentioned above that you have to make certain sacrifices to make it as an actor in Hollywood, one of those is your ego. If you're about looking cool, or trying to maintain a certain image, then acting might not be for you.
The best actors are those who are willing to let themselves be 100% consumed by the role they are playing. They physically become the person they portray.
If you're in the middle of delivering your lines and suddenly you let yourself drift back into your own life, you are not fully committed to the role and your performance will show it. You have to literally "forget yourself" to help ensure the quality of your performance.
Step 5: Be Nice
Hollywood is all about helping those you know because they might one day be in a position to help you as well. So, you need to remember this steadfast rule -- be nice to everyone. From agents' assistants to fellow cast members to whomever you meet in Hollywood. Remember, that assistant you treated poorly two years ago might one day become a casting director, film producer, talent agent or whatever. And trust me, they'll remember those who stomped on their toes on their way up the ladder.
Conversely, they'll remember those who were nice the whole way up and they'll be that much more inclined to help them achieve their own goals.
http://filmtvcareers.about.com/od/getti ... _Actor.htm

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Worst cut and paste job ever.......

:lol:
Who's sooking now peanut?
You only have yourselves to blame. Play like thugs, throw elbows around, go in studs up, go in late expect to be treated like thugs by the ref.
Asteras didnt beat Croatia yesterday, we played the worst game of football ive ever seen - didnt deserve to win on our performance. Croatia lost to Croatia, no discipline whatsoever.

As for the ref, I wouldnt go on ranting about him for the following reasons:
- 2 clear as day pens not given (1 handball & 1 late mistimed tackle (surprise, surprise!!))
- The only handball he gave for the entire day was against the Asteras striker after he shouldered the ball through one-on-one with the keeper.
- All the profanities your players mouthed off would have seen you down to about 6 players with some of the other refs this season.
- The ref letting you play 2 players who didnt have registration cards (which we were sporting about and let it slide!) because you 'forgot' to go to the SAASL and pick them up.....yeh right...... :roll:

And thats just the start, I can keep going.....

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

:lol: i love playing croatia.

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

croatia had themselves to blame, no discipline, only there keeper and right back were controlled
had a few thugs in that team that threw elbows off the ball
deserved both red cards, only yourselfs to blame
as kop said asteris was crap, but you gotta win ugly and thats wat they did

nothing wrong with netballers mate, but there is something wrong to losing to them :P

sweaty bollocks
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sweaty bollocks »

The Kop wrote:Worst cut and paste job ever.......

:lol:
Who's sooking now peanut?
You only have yourselves to blame. Play like thugs, throw elbows around, go in studs up, go in late expect to be treated like thugs by the ref.
Asteras didnt beat Croatia yesterday, we played the worst game of football ive ever seen - didnt deserve to win on our performance. Croatia lost to Croatia, no discipline whatsoever.

As for the ref, I wouldnt go on ranting about him for the following reasons:
- 2 clear as day pens not given (1 handball & 1 late mistimed tackle (surprise, surprise!!))
- The only handball he gave for the entire day was against the Asteras striker after he shouldered the ball through one-on-one with the keeper.
- All the profanities your players mouthed off would have seen you down to about 6 players with some of the other refs this season.
- The ref letting you play 2 players who didnt have registration cards (which we were sporting about and let it slide!) because you 'forgot' to go to the SAASL and pick them up.....yeh right...... :roll:

And thats just the start, I can keep going.....
Keep going then, I am really bored and enjoy reading your Dear Diary.

Chips
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chips »

3 points would be handy to croatia right about now......... to bad you gave them to Asteras :lol:
ahhhhhhhhh it feels good to be a winner :D

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

I would worry about playing football & not getting relegated as opposed to cranking eye of the tiger before the game and coming out swinging like Rocky.....looking at the table theres 2pts that separate Athelstone & Croatia.

Athelstone are home to PPU - Sure win?
Croatia away to Brahma - Probably the toughest away trip in the league.

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Furburger »

I found this post, quite interesting really. I assume its from the Croatian's but I am soooooo surprised that they could ever be such hypocrites.

http://www.footballnews.com.au/forum/vi ... et#p563035
Right Winger wrote:
RtnMchn wrote:
Right Winger wrote:P.S
That pitch is a disgrace.

i think nearly every pitch in adelaide would have been the same this weekend
It actually held up well with the weather.
I was referring to the cricket pitch in the middle.
We're all used to it, living here, i know.
But it was covered with beach sand, 4-5 inches higher than the grass.
Didnt affect the outcome of the game, just dangerous and uncomfortable.
I got beach rash in Flinders Park in April.
Discraceful

Yes there is a cricket pitch in the middle of Asteras' pitch, not much we can do about that. But there is only sand on a about 2% of the whole pitch unlike Croatia's ground which only had 2% of grass and the rest was sand. Plenty of grass next to the pitch though...lol.. idiots. Your linesman who is also a jocky hasn't been grazing his horses on the pitch has he?

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Furburger wrote:

Yes there is a cricket pitch in the middle of Asteras' pitch, not much we can do about that. But there is only sand on a about 2% of the whole pitch unlike Croatia's ground which only had 2% of grass and the rest was sand. Plenty of grass next to the pitch though...lol.. idiots. Your linesman who is also a jocky hasn't been grazing his horses on the pitch has he?
When your club has 4 pitches to maintain (that you actually own freehold and not helped by the council), then come back and post again

And dont forget to tell everyone that our main pitch is probably one of the best in the state, only behind Hindmarsh
Spot Željko Jurin Jnr ......

Le King
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Le King »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Furburger wrote:

When your club has 4 pitches to maintain (that you actually own freehold and not helped by the council), then come back and post again

And dont forget to tell everyone that our main pitch is probably one of the best in the state, only behind Hindmarsh

but u dont play there

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

MUFCBOY wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:
Furburger wrote:

but u dont play there
No, the amateurs dont

Are you saying Sunday Div 3 Amateurs should play on it, and our Super League team should play on the top pitch ??

Pooraka Salt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Pooraka Salt »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:No, the amateurs dont
Are you saying Sunday Div 3 Amateurs should play on it, and our Super League team should play on the top pitch ??
No, he's saying this thread is about division three and your comment on the main pitch was irrelevant.
Once bitten, no more blow jobs.

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Pooraka Salt wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:No, the amateurs dont
No, he's saying this thread is about division three and your comment on the main pitch was irrelevant.
It is relevent, because it's telling everyone that hasnt been to our complex, that we have 4 pitches to maintain by ourselves (and not the council), and unfortunately the pitch that the amateurs play on is harder to maintain ($$$$$) and is used every night of the week and all day Sundays also

Any Sun Div 3 amateurs sides have u19's, u23's and 13 junior teams training on their pitches as well ??

So now you can see why that pitch is not in the best condition that you Div3 amateurs expect it to be in !!!!!!!

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Any Sun Div 3 amateurs sides have u19's, u23's and 13 junior teams training on their pitches as well ??
Yes, we do and can totally understand where Zeljko is coming from. As most would know, Marden has not been in great condition this year so we have had to shift a couple of fixtures and the Reserves have had to play on the back pitch a couple of times.
However, Croatia amateurs used to play on the main pitch at Gepps Cross - why has that changed?

MSSC Blue Eagles

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Aldo Serena wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:Any Sun Div 3 amateurs sides have u19's, u23's and 13 junior teams training on their pitches as well ??
Yes, we do and can totally understand where Zeljko is coming from. As most would know, Marden has not been in great condition this year so we have had to shift a couple of fixtures and the Reserves have had to play on the back pitch a couple of times.
However, Croatia amateurs used to play on the main pitch at Gepps Cross - why has that changed?
Probably why our 2 clubs main pitchs have totally changed this year, your amateurs play on your main pitch, ours dont
Yours has deteriorated, and ours has improved 100%. By the amateurs not playing on ours, it has helped to maintain it and has never been in a better condition. By you boys playing on your main and with all this rain, it has not helped your ground

Question Aldo, does ABE look after all their back pitches or the council ? I have heard that you guys only own the main pitch, while the back pitches are all council owned and maintained ??
I could be wrong ?

Aldo Serena
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aldo Serena »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:Probably why our 2 clubs main pitchs have totally changed this year, your amateurs play on your main pitch, ours dont
Yours has deteriorated, and ours has improved 100%. By the amateurs not playing on ours, it has helped to maintain it and has never been in a better condition. By you boys playing on your main and with all this rain, it has not helped your ground

Question Aldo, does ABE look after all their back pitches or the council ? I have heard that you guys only own the main pitch, while the back pitches are all council owned and maintained ??
I could be wrong ?
Marden's main pitch has not deteriorated due to over-use - the main pitch has been in poor condition since the hot summer. From my understanding, there was issues with maintenance, etc from then. Either way, it is being re-surfaced at the end of the season.

To be honest Zeljko, I am not 100% sure what the situation is with the back pitches - they used to be council maintained, but I thought that changed a couple of years back. I could be wrong, so please don't take my word as gospel.

MSSC Blue Eagles

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Aldo Serena wrote: However, Croatia amateurs used to play on the main pitch at Gepps Cross - why has that changed?
Boys too old, pitch too big to chase after younger opposition. :wink:

Why are Asteras an amateur club these days? What happened to the mighty Thebarton Asteras that used to grace the Fed comps?

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

Aldo Serena wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:Probably why our 2 clubs main pitchs have totally changed this year, your amateurs play on your main pitch, ours dont

I could be wrong ?
Marden's main pitch has not deteriorated due to over-use - the main pitch has been in poor condition since the hot summer. From my understanding, there was issues with maintenance, etc from then. Either way, it is being re-surfaced at the end of the season.

To be honest Zeljko, I am not 100% sure what the situation is with the back pitches - they used to be council maintained, but I thought that changed a couple of years back. I could be wrong, so please don't take my word as gospel.
But it sure doesnt help the situation either with 100+kg players running on it rippng it up every second week :wink:

MISFIT
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by MISFIT »

Hosovac wrote:
Aldo Serena wrote: However, Croatia amateurs used to play on the main pitch at Gepps Cross - why has that changed?

Why are Asteras an amateur club these days? What happened to the mighty Thebarton Asteras that used to grace the Fed comps?
Haha...true that Hosovac...

And that is the same reason as to why the mighty Thebarton Asteras is now amateurs..."Boys too old, pitch too big to chase after younger opposition" age, food, grog got the better of all...The way an amateurs life should be :lol:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

MISFIT wrote:
Hosovac wrote:

And that is the same reason as to why the mighty Thebarton Asteras is now amateurs..."Boys too old, pitch too big to chase after younger opposition" age, food, grog got the better of all...The way an amateurs life should be :lol:
So they cant expect to play on Hindmarsh stadium then :roll:

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

Aldo Serena wrote:

I could be wrong ?

Pretty sure ABE now own all the pitches - there is a fight with the council about the carparking apparently.

The Kop
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by The Kop »

Zeljko Jurin wrote:
MISFIT wrote:
Hosovac wrote: Boys too old, pitch too big to chase after younger opposition. :wink:

Its like going to the Palace, walking past one of the hottest chicks you've ever seen only to end up getting a lappy from a Julie from Masterchef look-a-like on gravel out the back..... :lol:

Željko Jurin
Team Manager
Team Manager

Post by Željko Jurin »

The Kop wrote:
Zeljko Jurin wrote:
MISFIT wrote: Haha...true that Hosovac...

Its like going to the Palace, walking past one of the hottest chicks you've ever seen only to end up getting a lappy from a Julie from Masterchef look-a-like on gravel out the back..... :lol:
Better then nothing at all, and I'm sure you're no Brad Pitt either !!

Furburger
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Furburger »

Anyway, back to my post about the pitch conditions... All I am saying is why criticise our pitch when your's is a lot worse.

As for Thebarton Asteras, I think they turned into Olympians and then into Adelaide Olympic. Some of the otherboys may be able to clarify that

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hosovac »

Furburger wrote:Anyway, back to my post about the pitch conditions... All I am saying is why criticise our pitch when your's is a lot worse.

As for Thebarton Asteras, I think they turned into Olympians and then into Adelaide Olympic. Some of the otherboys may be able to clarify that
I haven't seen your pitch nor did I have a go at it - but there's nothing I hate more than a cricket pitch on a football/soccer field.