MOUNT BARKER SOCCER CLUB COACH 2010

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

crusader
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

MOUNT BARKER SOCCER CLUB COACH 2010

Post by crusader »

Mount barker soccer club are looking for a coach for next season. if there is anyone interested in this position please reply. We need an experienced person only

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: MOUNT BARKER SOCCER CLUB COACH 2010

Post by Blotto »

you know where to reach me...

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MATTY6 »

What type of coin are we talking about!

knight25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by knight25 »

MATTY6 wrote:What type of coin are we talking about!
Not enough for you!

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MATTY6 »

knight25 wrote:
MATTY6 wrote:What type of coin are we talking about!
Not enough for you!
I dont need much you know!

ExtraTime
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by ExtraTime »

what happened to ur newly arrived b grade coach from england...

matty6 hungry jack vouchers would seal the deal lol

MATTY6
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MATTY6 »

bloodypassit wrote:what happened to ur newly arrived b grade coach from england...

Hey Hey! I am a vip member at every fast food place in Adelaide, I was thinking more BWS drinks vouchers!

knight25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by knight25 »

bloodypassit wrote:what happened to ur newly arrived b grade coach from england...

harsh!!!

crusader
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by crusader »

our new b grade coach from england is still around. we need an a grade coach who can take us forward to promotion again . we dont want just some grenache. Money will be in the equation. contact the mbusc.com.au website if you are keen.maybe Stirlings coach would be interested ????????

Alain Prost
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by Alain Prost »

I coached my indoor soccer team at the parks community centre about 10 years ago. Is that enough experience?

owl
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by owl »

crusader wrote:maybe Stirlings coach would be interested ????????
Why would Stirling Coach be interested? :?

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

OK. I will do it. I just need boots and and a lift from Angle Vale every week... :wink: :wink: :wink:
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

Mr X
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Mr X »

Banya to leave Downs ????

BANYA
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by BANYA »

Mr X wrote:Banya to leave Downs ????

If the boot fits then......
WHY DO THEY CALL IT OVALTINE? I MEAN ITS ROUND, WHY DONT THEY CALL IT ROUNDTINE.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Post by gone »

I hear Benitez might be available soon. :lol:
(Just as likely as Stirling's coach going there I would have thought.)
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

Lucky4some
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Lucky4some »

YOU GUYS SHOULD GET CHANGE ROOMS FIRST I RECKON A COACH ISNT YOUR TOP PRIORITY
MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST

crusader
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by crusader »

Mate you obviously have not been to our pitch this season. We have one of the best playing surfaces in the league with changing rooms so suck my grenache. and get your facts right. We are trying to go in the right direction and could do without smart arses like you .

The Magician
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Magician »

crusader wrote:Mate you obviously have not been to our pitch this season. We have one of the best playing surfaces in the league with changing rooms so suck my grenache. and get your facts right. We are trying to go in the right direction and could do without smart arses like you .

Was at your ground today. The change rooms provided to us were of the finest quality. A very large shed about 3km to the north, no benches in there, but plenty of office furniture. Nothing like getting changed on a swivel chair. Showers were fantastic, lucky it rained there this morning.

If you want some advice to help you go in the right direction. Start with providing the match ball if your playing at home. Also build a little fence behind the goals, or at least get some ball boys to fetch those balls that run over to the next township.

:clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

crusader wrote:Mate you obviously have not been to our pitch this season. We have one of the best playing surfaces in the league with changing rooms so suck my grenache. and get your facts right.
He said nothing about the pitch... maybe you need to read what he wrote before jumping down his throat....

seriously, You have to wonder when you've got the person recruiting that potential coach is telling people to 'suck his grenache' on a public forum in a thread associated with the club itself.

not real professional mate....

Cunning Stunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cunning Stunt »

crusader wrote:Mate you obviously have not been to our pitch this season. We have one of the best playing surfaces in the league with changing rooms so suck my grenache. and get your facts right. We are trying to go in the right direction and could do without smart arses like you .
We made three trips to your ground after our first match there got abandoned due to lightening, so we got to see your pitch in the rain and in fine weather. I have to say in fine weather it is one of the best surfaces we played on this season, but in the rain it has poor drainage.

Change rooms were a bit of a hike from the ground but to be honest that didn't bother me, but it's hard to get everyone facing the coach in such a small space and have one person address the group as a whole.

After our game I stayed to watch your B's and A's play Hahndorf. I had intended to watch both games, but with no food/drink on sale I got hungry and after the B's left.
Does Kevin Rudd refer to his genitals as the stimulus package?

Cunning Stunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cunning Stunt »

Blotto wrote:seriously, You have to wonder when you've got the person recruiting that potential coach is telling people to 'suck his grenache' on a public forum in a thread associated with the club itself.

not real professional mate....
I'd have to agree with that.
Does Kevin Rudd refer to his genitals as the stimulus package?

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

If we are talking about the pitch behind the school, great surface (probably because of the good drainage)

Amenities are poor though.

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by THEDUKEOFCORNWALL »

For you information, the pitch has had massive amounts of money spent on it (mostly becuase its from a school) and as for the changing rooms, each team has a 3 showers and benchs enough for the team to get read and thru the other door is a toilet block, yes they are a bit far away from the pitch but it is better than some of the smelly rooms i'v been in this season,

thank you and goodnight

Mt Barker Snr Rep
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mt Barker Snr Rep »

Dear All,

Thank you for your interest in this forum post. It would seem that the initial topic has sort of slipped a bit here and I would like to distance myself and the club from any personal opinions or slander that may have been posted between different parties on this forum.

The Mt Barker Soccer club is looking forward to prospering in the future and we are looking for a coach to assist us in allowing the club and the dedicated players to enhance the image of this great game in a region of South Australia that has been dominated by Australian Rules football.

If you have any questions about this available position for next season, please do not hesitate to contact the club or myself (Please also note that I will not reply on a public forum, so please use the communication methods provided below).

Contact details are:

E-mail: seniors-manager@mbusc.com.au
Postal:PO Box 940, Mount Barker SA 5251

Thank you.

Regards,

Mount Barker United Soccer Club Senior Representative

Mt Barker Snr Rep
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Mt Barker Snr Rep »

Just on another note, I would like to correct the post provided by Miss Magic earlier. The rooms that the Vipers used as changerooms on Saturday were in fact the storage rooms. They were opened becuase that is where the club stores the items required to undertake a game of soccer. The visiting club decided to use these rooms without consultation with the home team (as is my understanding). The changerooms are in the same building, but are not in the storage room - at the top of the hill rather than the bottom.

If the change rooms were not open, I would need to look into that, but there are change rooms, and they are fully equipped with showers, toilets and a changing area. They are maintained by Cornerstone college and have been in perfect condition throughout the year as they are cleaned on a regular basis and are relatively new. I have used these changerooms myself on numerous occasions and have been able to speak to all of the players at once without any issue.

I feel that this attack on the Mount Barker Soccer club is unwarranted as we have improved our facilities by a considerable amount this year. Whilst we have room for improvement we feel that our change rooms are by far much better than any club that we have visited in 2009. (I can only refer to the Sat Division 6 teams that I have watched this year, so this is in no way a comparison towards any other club outside this division).

Whilst I understand that not everyone can provide perfect changing facilities for each team, we have to be realistic here - we are here to play soccer afterall. I feel that it is not best practice to slander another team especially when your own facilities are by no means perfect to begin with.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mount Barker Soccer Club Senior Representative

The Magician
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by The Magician »

Dearest Mount Barker Soccer Club Senior Representative,

The changerooms provided to us were not our choice, I am not sure how you have come to that conclusion. Were the storage rooms open for another purpose? Either way we have visited your ground twice this year and on both occasions hot showers were not provided to us. The luxury changerooms that you claim are among the best in the division, were not offered to us.

When your team arrived to our ground this year, the away changerooms at our ground are obvious and have been readily available to your players. If you want to be taken seriously as a club, supply the match ball at least - and on the rare occasion it may be that you use a visiting teams match ball, how about having some of the 30 or so barker supporters fetching the ball? It only took 30 minutes for your team to realise we were doing YOU a favour supplying the match ball.

The hot showers don't bother me anyway, but it does bother a selected few. Handorf didn't exactly offer hot showers, nor did budapest - BUT THEY DID SUPPLY THE MATCH BALL. Budapest actually gave us a 50yr old stratco shed and we are tempted to give them a seperate 3x2m toilet next week to change. But we won't.

As for the referee, I don't disagree with him carding our player who is a loose canon at the best of times. He deserved to be sent off no doubt about that. From my observation, This so called qualified referee was doing ok until he decided to rewrite the laws of the game with his little armband rule. That in itself I believe is totally unnacceptable. But I was pretty close. Very close, and for him to suggest he felt threatened is simply POOR.

Yes we are here to play soccer after all, but shelter with a few seats/benches to change (hot shower bonus), a few chairs on the sidelines for substitutes/coaches and a match ball is not to much to ask for is it? Vipers will at least supply all of those. If you wish for your club to progress, perhaps you can do the same.

Kindest regards
Little MM

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

ok... as an unbiased bystander here who attends a few Mount Barker games now and again (and played one season at Mount Barker before going to Stirling), i'll have my say.

1. pitch is fantastic (thanks to my tax dollars that seem to be pumped into Cornerstone College when the public Mt Barker High School is a shithole)
2. the problem with the balls rolling down the hill needs to be addressed. (maybe a Temp netting can be put up?) I can understand if this not possible as the club does not own the ground.
3. Mt Barker needs to do something about the lack of food and bevarages at the game. when I have to leave the game to get a coffee thats pretty bad. Maybe look at what Strath did years ago and have a mini caravan decked out? I cant beleive the club is missing out on potential income by letting this slide.
4. This is a question that im sure will annoy a few Mt Barker people (not intended to be insulting). Why does the Seniors have to make do at Cornerstone (great pitch but lets be honest, its a football oval made into a temp soccer pitch) when the club juniors have Anembo Park? It has always been my understanding (and one of the reasons I left Mount Barker - a long time ago granted and I must admit it looks like its improved since they got a senior committee and a president that actually plays the sport and has some idea) that Mt Barker United has always been a Junior club run by mums and dads who have no idea how to run a club with a Senior team tacked on for good measure. Now I cant admit on ever going to a Juniors games at Mount Barker (is there any hot soccer mums there???) but im sure the canteen would be pumping... Why are the seniors deprived of this potential income?

But yeah, as I said, since I was at Mount Barker the seniors look like they have come along in leaps and bounds with a senior committe and a good president. (I remember playing at the caravan park ground and having to hose each other down with cold water if the ground was muddy) but It still seems to me that the club itself is short selling its seniors. What's the good of having a great junior club if any players of worth are just going to piss off to Stirling or The Hawks anyway?
Miss Magic wrote: a few chairs on the sidelines for substitutes/coaches and a match ball is not to much to ask for is it? Vipers will at least supply all of those. If you wish for your club to progress, perhaps you can do the same.
could not agree more. a few chairs on the sideline is a must for coaches etc.

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

No changeroom facilities for match officials so I used the Toilet Seats. (chuckle)

Chade
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chade »

Blotto wrote:ok... as an unbiased bystander here who attends a few Mount Barker games now and again (and played one season at Mount Barker before going to Stirling), i'll have my say.
As a goalkeeper, I'm guessing?

It's a bit hard to develop a senior club when half of the players (and usually the best ones) leave after one season...

Mt Barker started off and ran for 3 years on the back of a coach (different for each season), a single mum and a 17-18-19 year old (who wishes he knew as much then as he does now >.<). No-one else was ever seriously involved in actually developing a stable team - either through admin or just generally helping out on the day.

Blotto
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Blotto »

Chade wrote: As a goalkeeper, I'm guessing?

It's a bit hard to develop a senior club when half of the players (and usually the best ones) leave after one season...
maybe.... :) and who might I be speaking to? :P (I have a fair idea who it is...)

I get what you're saying about people leaving and I dont want to say this too piss anyone off but going to Stirling from Mount Barker back in those days was like going from from Colchester United to Manchester United.... Stirling was on a whole other level down to its facilities, coaching (Big Kev as a goalkeeping coach was fantastic to me even though i was ordinary at best and will gladly be the first to admit it) and then you had Peter Buckley who did it all with Stirling) etc

Don't get me wrong. I had a ball playing at Mount Barker under Buston even though we got flogged (who could forget the Vllaznian Riot) but it was the lack of support of the club in general towards the seniors that annoyed this cabernet out of me more than anything. I remember I went to an AGM after the season ended and walked out disgusted by the attitude of the club towards the seniors. The opportunity came up about moving to Stirling, so I left along with Scotty. I remember a few people getting pissed off about it but what can you do?

I want to see Mount Barker United grow (ask Mt Barker senior rep who I talk to regularly about all this crap) but I do beleive the club itself needs to take its seniors more seriously (as I said earlier, it seems they are going down the right path with a Seniors Committe and a good President) as the last thing you want as you posted is good players leaving after one season as they think they could do better elsewhere.

Also once again, not meaning to bait anyone here but I was at the Mt Barker/Hahndorf game a few weeks back and Hahndorf had been warming up for at least 1/2 before kickoff of the A's and the Mount Barker players were still rocking up and stuffing around 5 minutes before kickoff and didnt really even do a proper warm up. Hopefully a new coach will bring a litte more professionalism to its players approach.

The potential there for the Mount Barker seniors is huge, just needs to the Club's support and a coach (the club shouldnt be dangling the cash carrot here as they'll get someone for 1 season who will only be there for the money and then will piss off back down to town, they should be looking for someone who is dedicated and can grow with the club) to take the club to a new level so the juniors worth their salt dont piss off to other clubs as they feel they can do better.