Where were you?

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Where were you?

Post by nicc90 »

Where were Sierra Stars today?

Rock up to the game and no one in sight even your supporters were there.. :? :?

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Where were you?

Post by kramerica »

Other team didn't show up. Afer 1/2 hour, was declared a walkover and game went to Siera Stars.

Wraith
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Wraith »

Power04 wrote:Other team didn't show up. Afer 1/2 hour, was declared a walkover and game went to Siera Stars.
Did the ref scare them away?

:D :D

Keftetha1601
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Keftetha1601 »

The Saasl website says that the home ground is at the primary school...................... we were there no one rocked up ................ we tried ring SAASL no answer

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Which ground did the referee go to????

Didn't anyone try and contact the other club (either way) via the number in the book/website?

Ground is listed as LOCKLEYS PRIMARY SCHOOL on SAASL :shock:

Keftetha1601
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Keftetha1601 »

yep exactly and thats where we went.............. no one answered either.............. unless there is two primary schools

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

stell wrote:yep exactly and thats where we went.............. no one answered either.............. unless there are two primary schools
Maybe you were supposed to play at Lockleys North Primary School? Clearly the Ref was there or was it his fault that you went to the wrong ground and lost?

beach boy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by beach boy »

there is 2 primary schools in lockleys, lockleys north just off rowells rd and lockleys on may tce, :lol: :lol: :lol:

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nicc90 »

Rob Lozza wrote:Maybe you were supposed to play at Lockleys North Primary School? Clearly the Ref was there or was it his fault that you went to the wrong ground and lost?
From SAASL Website:

Details for SIERRA STARS SOCCER CLUB

Club Name:
SIERRA STARS SOCCER CLUB
Home Ground:
LOCKLEYS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Suburb:
LOCKLEYS

I don't see North do you?

Delete Your Account
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Delete Your Account »

What's in the SAASL book?

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

nicc90 wrote:
Rob Lozza wrote:Maybe you were supposed to play at Lockleys North Primary School? Clearly the Ref was there or was it his fault that you went to the wrong ground and lost?
From SAASL Website:

Details for SIERRA STARS SOCCER CLUB

Club Name:
SIERRA STARS SOCCER CLUB
Home Ground:
LOCKLEYS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Suburb:
LOCKLEYS

I don't see North do you?
Well unless you are blind or can't read, it is obvious that there is no "North". Your mate (stell), however, asked if there are two primary schools and yes, there is, hence why I suggested that it may have been at the other school.

The lesson to be learned here - again - is not to trust any club or fixture information on the SAASL's web site as it is not always kept up to date.

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nicc90 »

So why should we forfeit if the information given to us is wrong?

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

nicc90 wrote:So why should we forfeit if the information given to us is wrong?
And what information would that be?

According to previous posts in this thread, the Referee and your opposition were at the ground - wherever that was - and the Referee had to declare a walk-over in accordance with league competition rules after 30 minutes of your no show. Whenever there is a ground change, the same information that is issued to clubs is also provided to the Referees Association. Sierra Stars were there...the Referee was there...and you were not.

Does not look good on you and maybe your club administration stuffed up again? This would be the same administration that had claimed in this forum that a Referee was responsible for a 22 nil thumping and failed to return player passes despite teh fact your team rep signed the team sheet to confirm the match result and receipt of these passes. Cop the 2 nil forfeit on the chin. You have no case.

kolobaras
Star Player
Star Player

Post by kolobaras »

Seriously. How can any club be so ignorant :?
In 1854 Thomas Aitken had a hard earned thirst.

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nicc90 »

Rob Lozza wrote:
nicc90 wrote:So why should we forfeit if the information given to us is wrong?
And what information would that be?

According to previous posts in this thread, the Referee and your opposition were at the ground - wherever that was - and the Referee had to declare a walk-over in accordance with league competition rules after 30 minutes of your no show. Whenever there is a ground change, the same information that is issued to clubs is also provided to the Referees Association. Sierra Stars were there...the Referee was there...and you were not.

Does not look good on you and maybe your club administration stuffed up again? This would be the same administration that had claimed in this forum that a Referee was responsible for a 22 nil thumping and failed to return player passes despite teh fact your team rep signed the team sheet to confirm the match result and receipt of these passes. Cop the 2 nil forfeit on the chin. You have no case.
So the opposition gave us the wrong address for their ground, and it's our fault cause we went to that address?? :? :?

And the referee did lose our passes, the Association sent us new ones.

To Mati
Star Player
Star Player

Post by To Mati »

Not sticking up for ther peckers, but sorry to say, perhaps the SAASL should get their act together and keep the website up to date with things like this? Why bother having a website? If they need help doing so they should ask, instead of persisting with the 2 piece band. I'm positive there is plenty of help out there if only they open their arms. Anything a club changes like their strips, or home ground can be updated in real time. It's simple to have the latest information on the web than it is to issue notices and yearbooks.

The stupid year book should have been thrown out the window a very VERY long time ago. We are 20 years into the www era and we can't even rely on the information that's provided to us online. How sad!

Rob Lozza
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Rob Lozza »

You're flogging a dead horse here. Your view is not supported by the facts.
nicc90 wrote:So the opposition gave us the wrong address for their ground, and it's our fault cause we went to that address?? :? :?

The opposition would not have given you a thing - all information comes from the league and that provided to the referee, your club would have got it as well. So where were you? Poor admin on your club's part.
nicc90 wrote:And the referee did lose our passes, the Association sent us new ones.
As someone from your club had signed the team sheet, this means you confirmed receipt of the passes so clearly you lost them after the game. Otherwise the referee would not have been able to retain passes for the three players who got sent off and forwarded them to the league with send off reports. The league would have returned these three passes to your club after the player suspensions had been served, and replaced the rest that your club lost. Poor admin on your club's part again.

Keftetha1601
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Keftetha1601 »

The reff admitted he had lost them!! so i dont see your point.................. besides thats an old issue

kramerica
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by kramerica »

To add some points to RL:

1. Peckers club contact was called at 2.40pm by Sierra Secretary and a message left. No one called back by 3.30pm.

2. Virginia United seemed to find the ground OK the week before without any problems.

Sorry skippy, but as RL said you really don't have all the facts.

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nicc90 »

Rob Lozza wrote: As someone from your club had signed the team sheet, this means you confirmed receipt of the passes so clearly you lost them after the game. Otherwise the referee would not have been able to retain passes for the three players who got sent off and forwarded them to the league with send off reports. The league would have returned these three passes to your club after the player suspensions had been served, and replaced the rest that your club lost. Poor admin on your club's part again.
I am sorry to say this but you are an idiot!

If the ref tells us he lost them how did we lose them??

I think you as being a ref? you should know the FACTS before you speak, so next time please refrain from making a comment about things you have no idea about!

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nicc90 »

Rob Lozza wrote: The opposition would not have given you a thing - all information comes from the league and that provided to the referee, your club would have got it as well. So where were you? Poor admin on your club's part.
So who gave the information for their club to SAASL? Did SAASL just make it up?

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

Power04 wrote: 2. Virginia United seemed to find the ground OK the week before without any problems.
Rob Lozza wrote: Poor admin on your club's part.

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

nicc90 wrote:
Rob Lozza wrote: As someone from your club had signed the team sheet, this means you confirmed receipt of the passes so clearly you lost them after the game. Otherwise the referee would not have been able to retain passes for the three players who got sent off and forwarded them to the league with send off reports. The league would have returned these three passes to your club after the player suspensions had been served, and replaced the rest that your club lost. Poor admin on your club's part again.
I am sorry to say this but you are an idiot!

If the ref tells us he lost them how did we lose them??

I think you as being a ref? you should know the FACTS before you speak, so next time please refrain from making a comment about things you have no idea about!
:lol: laughable
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Cohen Gitfarkt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cohen Gitfarkt »

beach boy wrote:there is 2 primary schools in lockleys, lockleys north just off rowells rd and lockleys on may tce, :lol: :lol: :lol:
You could throw a rock from one to the other! :lol:
Beware of hidden text!!!

nicc90
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by nicc90 »

chickenhawk wrote:
beach boy wrote:there is 2 primary schools in lockleys, lockleys north just off rowells rd and lockleys on may tce, :lol: :lol: :lol:
You could throw a rock from one to the other! :lol:
Unless you can throw a rock 1.4km then yeah you can.

Cunning Stunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cunning Stunt »

SKIPPY wrote:Not sticking up for ther peckers, but sorry to say, perhaps the SAASL should get their act together and keep the website up to date with things like this? Why bother having a website? If they need help doing so they should ask, instead of persisting with the 2 piece band. I'm positive there is plenty of help out there if only they open their arms. Anything a club changes like their strips, or home ground can be updated in real time. It's simple to have the latest information on the web than it is to issue notices and yearbooks.

The stupid year book should have been thrown out the window a very VERY long time ago. We are 20 years into the www era and we can't even rely on the information that's provided to us online. How sad!
Two weeks ago we went to ground listed on the SAASL website and the opposition's home page and got advised at the last moment that the venue had been changed. I don't think anyone was impressed at the time.
Does Kevin Rudd refer to his genitals as the stimulus package?

Cohen Gitfarkt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cohen Gitfarkt »

You'd be amazed at what this chickenhawk can achieve!
Beware of hidden text!!!

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

I have to admit I've played Amateurs for 11 years or so & I can never recall rocking up to a ground which is stated in the year book only to be told the fixture has been moved on the day of the game. That's piss poor I don't care how you want to look at it or who you want to take the blame.

It sounds like an absolute shambles!
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

Fork Sake
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Fork Sake »

Ronnie#10 wrote:I have to admit I've played Amateurs for 11 years or so & I can never recall rocking up to a ground which is stated in the year book only to be told the fixture has been moved on the day of the game. That's piss poor I don't care how you want to look at it or who you want to take the blame.

It sounds like an absolute shambles!
I have. Once we worked out there was a problem we phoned SAASL & got the new addy. Luckily, SAASL answered our call, unlike to you boys.

Get up em! I'd ask for a rematch!
Golden Greek wrote:You can't punish Sydney. it's in the FFA constitution.
ImageImage

Cunning Stunt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Cunning Stunt »

Fork Sake wrote:I have. Once we worked out there was a problem we phoned SAASL & got the new addy. Luckily, SAASL answered our call, unlike to you boys.
There were juniors playing at the ground in our case. I'm not sure how it was brought to our attention that it had been moved, but we made a quick dash to the ground some 9km away but at the end of the day the game got played and we walked away with three points.
Does Kevin Rudd refer to his genitals as the stimulus package?