Classic Goals

This forum is for the discussion of amateur league football.

It is back by popular demand

Moderators: BillShankly, John Cena, swannsong, Forum Admins

hatzipp
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Classic Goals

Post by hatzipp »

Saw one of the best goals I've seen in a long time on the weekend - Bobby Tuffs (those of you that know him know how old he is) scored an absolute cracker from 30 yards, top right hand corner, keeper had no chance.

Absolute class.

gone
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Classic Goals

Post by gone »

I'll never forget a Charles Holding goal a few years ago at Bradwood Park. Turned three players inside out on the left wing before rocketing a bullet from just outside the left hand edge of the penalty area into the opposite top corner. Unstoppable!
Stirling District (est 1967) 32 seasons successfully avoiding a Championship then this
1999 Div 2 Champions
2002 Div 2 & 2B
2004 Div 1 & Champion of Champions
2007 Div 1 & 1B
2009 Div 1B
2011 Div 1B
2013 Div 2B & 7C
2014 Div 2B

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Steve Hawkins goal for Southern Knights against Ingle Farm was an excellent goal !

Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

CrappyKeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CrappyKeeper »

As I can only go on this season, Daniel Della Verde's goal against BOSA is by far the best I've seen. Though I reckon even he was surprised it went it. :lol:

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

CrappyKeeper wrote:As I can only go on this season, Daniel Della Verde's goal against BOSA is by far the best I've seen. Though I reckon even he was surprised it went it. :lol:
Yep, that was a corker... bugger hahaha.

Bobby's goal was a screamer as well.

CrappyKeeper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CrappyKeeper »

LUFC wrote:Bobby's goal was a screamer as well.
That one was so quick I actually missed it. Actually thought we might lose at that point. Good thing for us Simmo actually got on the score sheet with about his 20th shot at goal.

Was an excellent game and more than made up for the scrappiness of the reverse fixture.

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

Jeremy corbo scored inside his own half at strathalbyn this year.. Adelaide Pumas

kinghenrik
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by kinghenrik »

swannsong wrote:Steve Hawkins goal for Southern Knights against Ingle Farm was an excellent goal !

That was a cracker, the paul jones equaliser wasn't too shabby either :). My goal of the year would have to go to paul francken farm v adel villa reserves cup. He 's hit the ball half volley from about 25 out and it just bulleted into the top right. Unbelievable.

Jean Claude
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by Jean Claude »

I heard Scalzi (AV) scored a cracker against Mod Jets a few rounds back. Flicked the ball up over his head & the defender, turned & on the volley put it into the back of the net.

"I am the Fred Astaire of karate".

Stonthialo
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Stonthialo »

Lucas Leiva for the Vipers as a contender for Goal of the season. Standing next to the corner flag he hits a cracking shot into the top corner against Navarino, the goalkeeper was stunned(as was the player :lol: ). Absolutely stunning, even if he meant to cross it! :lol:
Σκατά στα μουτρα σου

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

hatzipp wrote:Saw one of the best goals I've seen in a long time on the weekend - Bobby Tuffs (those of you that know him know how old he is) scored an absolute cracker from 30 yards, top right hand corner, keeper had no chance.

Absolute class.
Is Bobby the legend still playing, surely he must be well and truly in his 50's, who does he play for?

LUFC
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by LUFC »

Plays for BOSA in our "c" team. Great bloke to have around the club, can still play as well.

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

I think Derek Simpson has scored the best goals I have ever seen, his best by far was:

Quite a few years ago while playing for Vista we played San Marco in a cup round at Campbelltown's ground. Derek intercepted a pass just inside his own half & began a mazey run back the other way. He turned 5 defenders inside out on the left wing before smashing an unstoppable shot into the top right hand corner from about 30 yards out. Ball had hit the net before the keeper even dived for it. Sensational goal!

He's scored a few more crackers but that's the best I reckon.
TEA TREE GULLY CITY 2007 DIV 2 RESERVES CHAMPIONS!

MONTGOMERY SPLIFT
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by MONTGOMERY SPLIFT »

Ronnie#10 wrote:I think Derek Simpson has scored the best goals I have ever seen, his best by far was:

Quite a few years ago while playing for Vista we played San Marco in a cup round at Campbelltown's ground. Derek intercepted a pass just inside his own half & began a mazey run back the other way. He turned 5 defenders inside out on the left wing before smashing an unstoppable shot into the top right hand corner from about 30 yards out. Ball had hit the net before the keeper even dived for it. Sensational goal!

just sounds like a normal goal for derek!!!

Outlaw 2.0
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Outlaw 2.0 »

kinghenrik wrote: My goal of the year would have to go to paul francken farm v adel villa reserves cup. He 's hit the ball half volley from about 25 out and it just bulleted into the top right. Unbelievable.
Everyone quickly forgot my scissor kick against pontians pretty damn quickly after that!!
HA'WAY THE LADS

Lebowski
Ball Boy
Ball Boy

Post by Lebowski »

Macca's goal against Raptor's when we played them last was pretty sweet.

De Voyeur
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by De Voyeur »

JIMMY JAZZ wrote:
Ronnie#10 wrote:I think Derek Simpson has scored the best goals I have ever seen, his best by far was:

Does Derek ever score from inside the box?

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

Juvefan 08 wrote:Jeremy corbo scored inside his own half at strathalbyn this year.. Adelaide Pumas
pretty sure it was inside his defensive 18

cleared the ball on a windy day and bounced over the keepers head lol crap keeper i guess, he could of stayed on his goal line and saved it
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

Chelsea4thewin wrote:
Juvefan 08 wrote:Jeremy corbo scored inside his own half at strathalbyn this year.. Adelaide Pumas
pretty sure it was inside his defensive 18

cleared the ball on a windy day and bounced over the keepers head lol crap keeper i guess, he could of stayed on his goal line and saved it
:lol: did you see the size of the keeper i was amazed he was a goalkeeper!

El Pibe D'Oro
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by El Pibe D'Oro »

hatzipp wrote:Saw one of the best goals I've seen in a long time on the weekend - Bobby Tuffs (those of you that know him know how old he is) scored an absolute cracker from 30 yards, top right hand corner, keeper had no chance.

Absolute class.
Jeesus, Tuffsy is still playing.

He must be in his fifties at least. What a legend

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

JIMMY JAZZ wrote:

True Jimmy, good point.

Ronnie#10
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Post by Ronnie#10 »

East 17 wrote: Does Derek ever score from inside the box?
That's a good point as well mate. I think he might've scored half his goals this season inside the box & the rest outside. He's scored 8 all up I reckon so far this year. I could be wrong though.

Lucas Leiva
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Post by Lucas Leiva »

Veggos wrote:Lucas Leiva for the Vipers as a contender for Goal of the season. Standing next to the corner flag he hits a cracking shot into the top corner against Navarino, the goalkeeper was stunned(as was the player :lol: ). Absolutely stunning, even if he meant to cross it! :lol:
Never did I once claim it to be a shot, but goddammit, I finally replicated my hero Van Basten in some way :lol:

swannsong
Technical Director
Technical Director

Post by swannsong »

Scudetto8687 wrote:

Absolute class.
Jeesus, Tuffsy is still playing.

He must be in his fifties at least. What a legend
I would think he might be closing in on 60 by now, they made 'em Tuff in his day !
Southern Knights SC - 2019 - Celebrating 25 Years of SAASL Football
SAASL facebook : Southern Knights SC facebook
swannsong Facebook : Elizabeth Downs SC facebook

OldRedback
Squad Player
Squad Player

Post by OldRedback »

Last year in the over 35s cup Paul, the Downs skipper, scored one from about 35 yards out that the goalkeeper never looked like getting a sniff of against Brahma Lodge Celtic - the goal was that good even some of the young lads that were watching still talk about it and by rights we should have finished the game there and then as there was no way that was going to be followed!