Lucas Neill finally signs for someone

The forum is for discussion of club football outside Australia and national team football Please do not post any offensive or malicious comments.

Moderators: BillShankly, arxidi, ruud, Judge Judy, Forum Admins

fb4e
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Lucas Neill finally signs for someone

Post by fb4e »

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 31,00.html
Everton have signed former West Ham defender Lucas Neill on a one-year contract and he could make his debut against Blackburn on Sunday.

The Australia international was a free agent after his contract at Upton Park expired last summer.

The 31-year-old passed a medical at the club's Finch Farm training ground on Thursday morning.

The Toffees take on Rovers - another of Neill's former clubs - at Goodison Park in the Premier League on Sunday.

Neill will increase Everton's defensive options after the recent injury to Phil Neville and the sale of Joleon Lescott, while Phil Jagielka remains on the sidelines.

The former Blackburn and Millwall player is the fourth permanent addition to David Moyes' squad since the end of last season following Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga.

The deal was completed ahead of Everton's Europa League clash against AEK Athens on Thursday night.

Neill, who famously turned down a move to Merseyside rivals Liverpool two years ago, reportedly rejected the offer of a new one-year contract at West Ham in the summer to pursue other options
"JOGA BONITO" - PLAY BEAUTIFUL

Hosovac
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Lucas Neill finally signs for someone

Post by Hosovac »

fb4e wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 31,00.html
Everton have signed former West Ham defender Lucas Neill on a one-year contract and he could make his debut against Blackburn on Sunday.

The Australia international was a free agent after his contract at Upton Park expired last summer.

The 31-year-old passed a medical at the club's Finch Farm training ground on Thursday morning.

The Toffees take on Rovers - another of Neill's former clubs - at Goodison Park in the Premier League on Sunday.

Neill will increase Everton's defensive options after the recent injury to Phil Neville and the sale of Joleon Lescott, while Phil Jagielka remains on the sidelines.

The former Blackburn and Millwall player is the fourth permanent addition to David Moyes' squad since the end of last season following Diniyar Bilyaletdinov, Sylvain Distin and John Heitinga.

The deal was completed ahead of Everton's Europa League clash against AEK Athens on Thursday night.

Neill, who famously turned down a move to Merseyside rivals Liverpool two years ago, reportedly rejected the offer of a new one-year contract at West Ham in the summer to pursue other options
1 year contract? Watch Luca$ go through the same bidding and choosing process again next year. :shock:

Kitchimo
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Kitchimo »

Hosovac wrote:
fb4e wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 31,00.html

1 year contract? Watch Luca$ go through the same bidding and choosing process again next year. :shock:
Who cares what he does next year? All I care about is our Captain being fit at the World Cup.
http://www.oisc.com.au

Championships
A Grade: 1990, 1991, 1992, 2007, 2010
B Grade: 2001, 2007
C Grade: 2004, 2010
D Grade: 2009, 2010

Cups
A Grade: 1989
B Grade: 2002

Juvefan 08
Promising Junior
Promising Junior

Post by Juvefan 08 »

Think I remember lucash saying he was wanting to come back the A-league After the world cup.

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

I saw the title and thought he really did sign for someone. Then I read on and saw that he signed only for Everton.
Ignore this signature

cbf gk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cbf gk »

Bomber wrote:I saw the title and thought he really did sign for someone. Then I read on and saw that he signed only for Everton.
only? a team that finished high up the table last yr and a team that is in europe, i mean they might not be as great as the mighty gunners but its better than west ham! wat if i said i thought some good afl player signed for a good footy team only to sign for the finals chocking bombers. i mean at least everton finished higher. dont throw stones in a glass house. many a player would jump at a chance to play 4 everton
The Coon!

MG&Son
Star Player
Star Player

Post by MG&Son »

cbf gk wrote:
Bomber wrote:I saw the title and thought he really did sign for someone. Then I read on and saw that he signed only for Everton.
only? a team that finished high up the table last yr and a team that is in europe, i mean they might not be as great as the mighty gunners but its better than west ham! wat if i said i thought some good afl player signed for a good footy team only to sign for the finals chocking bombers. i mean at least everton finished higher. dont throw stones in a glass house. many a player would jump at a chance to play 4 everton
:lol: took that a little to serious, are you a Evertonian by any chance??

If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!
If ye cannae dae the bouncy, cannae dae the bouncy,
Cannae dae the bouncy you're a Tim!

cbf gk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by cbf gk »

I thought the mighty gunners bit myt have thrown a clue? haha. just have a soft spot 4 timmy :lol: plus ive never liked the bombers :mrgreen:
The Coon!

Bomber
Vice Chairman
Vice Chairman

Post by Bomber »

MG&Son wrote:
cbf gk wrote:
:lol: took that a little to serious, are you a Evertonian by any chance??

:lol:

Maybe I should have included a :wink: but didnt think it necessary.
Ignore this signature

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

well done lucas, perfect club to play for leading up to the world cup
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season

soccerman
Boot Polisher
Boot Polisher

Post by soccerman »

I saw the title and thought he really did sign for someone. Then I read on and saw that he signed only for Everton.
:lol: :lol:

BADA BING
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BADA BING »

who cares

Chelsea4thewin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Chelsea4thewin »

BADA BING wrote:who cares
me

who cares about you?

thats right no one gives a cabernet lol
Chelsea4thewin wrote: if Torres doesnt score in the next 3 games i will put a liverpool symbol as my avatar for the rest of the season